• Latest reply 12 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Its-Beautiful-Cat.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Putting this out there. I did all the work myself, and it was a pain I will say. It is dialed in very well and plays awesome on top of looking practically brand new. Price is $6000.

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album1400

First the bad:

I could never find a mint translite for it, so it has a decent original in it now. I have a new shitty repro that IMO looks like complete ass, so I took it out. Other things outstanding are a few of the coil wrappers are "generic" due to new coils from PBL. The 3rd flipper has no coil wrapper.

Some things worth mentioning:

SS lockdown receiver, handles, and hangars from Kerry
Chrome legs, lockdown bar, hinges, and side rails
Kerry's Lost Mine weldment, with downgraded coil installed for nice kickouts to right flipper
Upgraded backbox speakers with backpanel drilled out so no adapter plate needed
Upgraded sub with X-over, and L-Pad volume control placed just behind coin door for easy access
PF is all LEDs besides a few flashers, mixture of hand picked PBL and Cointakers
Tons of protectors to keep game looking nice
New cabinet art and new Mirco clear coated PFs
All new ramps and subway
All new plastics and boulders
New bigfoot head and bigfoot motor assembly
All mechs completely disassembled and rebuilt
New coin door
New DMD

#2 12 years ago

Friggin' sweet!

Good luck with the sale.

#3 12 years ago

Wow, that is stunning!

#4 12 years ago

I've never seen something so perfect!

Its-Beautiful-Cat.jpgIts-Beautiful-Cat.jpg

#5 12 years ago

how ya gonna get chicks in thongs to come over any more?? good luck with sale!

#6 12 years ago

Sweet lookin' WH2O. Nice job on it! Worth the asking price for sure.

Todd

#7 12 years ago

Great job.....good luck with your sale.

#8 12 years ago

I would love to buy it but 6000 is out of my range for the time being and this is the only machine I prefer not to have LEDs. This is the best looking WH20 I've ever seen though, good luck.

#9 12 years ago

awesome WH2O. I might have to shoot you an offer. Truly like new.

#10 12 years ago

That is a great looking machine-----------you'll regret selling it........won't you?,maybe cash will wash away any regret )

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

awesome WH2O. I might have to shoot you an offer. Truly like new.

dude get this it seems great for the price, going to be hard to get one this perfect for that price with the chrome mods

#12 12 years ago

I've seen this WH20 in person. It is stunning to say the least.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I've seen this WH20 in person. It is stunning to say the least.

what about the chicks in the thong playing in the CITPP thread LOL

#14 12 years ago

I had the pleasure of playing turbo's WH2O the other day, and let me just say it is worth every penny he is asking.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

docscott said:awesome WH2O. I might have to shoot you an offer. Truly like new.
dude get this it seems great for the price, going to be hard to get one this perfect for that price with the chrome mods

unfortunately.... well maybe not unfortunately.... I sent him an email and we're gonna talk price. I know it is a great machine.... but is it worth a normal quality MB?

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

I know it is a great machine.... but is it worth a normal quality MB?

I guess that depends how much you like WH2O compared to MB. I will say that turbo's WH2O is a high-end restore by every sense of the definition. With the exception of the translite, the game is virtually flawless.

#17 12 years ago

I like to know I can resell good machines if I tire of them. I would think there is a better market for normal level highly rated games verses the restores which can make the values sore above the norm. All that said, sure like this pin.

#18 12 years ago

Are TF LE and Tron LE's worth normal MB prices? If you collect high end games then how much are you going to sink into your "normal" MB once you replace the decals that likely are wrinkled and PF that is worn? Lot more the 6k I imagine. Nobody is forcing you to buy this WH20 and there are plenty of "normal" WH20's out there that you can buy and not have to worry about reselling if that is your concern. Just don't see the need to even start a controversy on a for sale post asking "is it worth a normal quality MB"? That's your money and not our job to tell you what to do with it.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Are TF LE and Tron LE's worth normal MB prices? If you collect high end games then how much are you going to sink into your "normal" MB once you replace the decals that likely are wrinkled and PF that is worn? Lot more the 6k I imagine. Nobody is forcing you to buy this WH20 and there are plenty of "normal" WH20's out there that you can buy and not have to worry about reselling if that is your concern. Just don't see the need to even start a controversy on a for sale post asking "is it worth a normal quality MB"? That's your money and not our job to tell you what to do with it.

Don't mean to offend. I'm a newbie here, and still trying to learn the lay of the land. I rely on those, such as you, with greater experience in this. Ultimately, of course, it is me that makes the decision on what to buy.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from docscott:

Don't mean to offend. I'm a newbie here, and still trying to learn the lay of the land. I rely on those, such as you, with greater experience in this. Ultimately, of course, it is me that makes the decision on what to buy.

No worries and sorry if it came off harsh, just hate when for sale posts head in the wrong direction. Based on your pinball collection looks like you are far from a newbie

#21 12 years ago

Newbie at Pinside. Look, one of the hardest thing to me in this hobby, since really, there is a small hobbyist base, is determining what to buy and sell at. So I try to use groups like this to better understand that. Heck, even geographic location (east coast vs. w. coast) make big price differences. I've been proverbially yelled at for artificially raising everyone's prices by overpaying.
Yes, you did come out harsh... but don't worry about it. This is a great community of people who share the joy and frustrations of the hobby.

#22 12 years ago

Docscott, you have a great collection! Let me know when you are ready to sell MM, CC, and TOTAN!

#25 12 years ago

Thinking about selling TOTAN. Need to make some room. mail me and I'll send some pics. Then again, I'm thinking of pimping it out, too. Tough decision.

#26 12 years ago

Message sent.

#27 12 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. As for the price, I did get some decent deals on parts for this thing and it still cost a fortune. If anyone can get a WH2O to look like this and sell it for under $6k, I salute you.

#28 12 years ago

6000 my god come on! just kidding! Very Very nice job. i guess until you actually restore one yourself. you dont realize cost. and all the hrs of labor that goes into it. if any one is looking for WH2O this one would be the one to get. i my self have done the pay less i will restore save money thing. you can save money as long you figure at least 60 to 80 hrs of free labor.and hope you get some deals on parts. best of luck on sale. Iam sure someone will jump on it.

#29 12 years ago

yeah the parts cost to make white water a stunner is not cheap! especially when ramps range from 500-700 for them.

#30 12 years ago

this is the most incredible ww I've ever seen

#31 12 years ago

Bump still for sale.

#32 12 years ago

Here are some better pics of the topper condition and translite damage:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104572135352471614804/WH2OTransliteTopper?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNqTsa6dmcn86QE&feat=directlink

Quick video of gameplay:

#33 12 years ago

It´s a shame, that this game is not sold yet. Looks very very nice!!!

#34 12 years ago

Deposit received, sale pending. Thanks.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Someone is getting a sweet pin!

#36 12 years ago

Glad this great pin found a home.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Is that your ad on mr. pinball dated today? Did the deal fall through?

EDIT: Mr. Pinball delays your listing by a few days, now that i think on it. Sorry about dredging up an old thread.

#38 12 years ago

Yes good ol' mr. pinball delay. I deleted it but that will take a couple days to happen as well lol

#39 12 years ago

Watched the video on my iPhone using headphones and that bass will take you for a ride! The music and sound effects are simply STUNNING with that set-up! To the buyer: you probably now own THE NICEST White Water on the planet!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-restored-wh2o-in-chicagoland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.