2014-03-09 11.00.39.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.03.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.10.jpg
2014-03-09 10.59.57.jpg
2014-03-09 10.59.46.jpg
2014-03-09 10.59.36.jpg
2014-03-09 10.59.18.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have a MB playfield that was restored by a fellow pinsider (thanks Jim!)

Unfortunately my MB went to a new home before this was done (yeah, I didn't want to tackle that restore...) so I now have this lovely playfield that has no home!

So...original playfield. Restored and clearcoated.

Scoop and drac trac repaired.

Clearcoat is nice with one area of dimpling near the coffin inserts (you can see it in the pictures) but this should not be visible once installed.

It's an original playfield which is fantastic since you know everything will line up properly!

I'm asking $1100 for it. Can ship, meet locally, or bring to Allentown.

2014-03-09 10.59.18.jpg2014-03-09 10.59.18.jpg
2014-03-09 10.59.36.jpg2014-03-09 10.59.36.jpg
2014-03-09 10.59.46.jpg2014-03-09 10.59.46.jpg
2014-03-09 10.59.57.jpg2014-03-09 10.59.57.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.03.jpg2014-03-09 11.00.03.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.10.jpg2014-03-09 11.00.10.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.23.jpg2014-03-09 11.00.23.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.39.jpg2014-03-09 11.00.39.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.50.jpg2014-03-09 11.00.50.jpg
2014-03-09 11.00.55.jpg2014-03-09 11.00.55.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Lil gecko bump....

#3 10 years ago

frankenstein walks2.giffrankenstein walks2.gif

#4 10 years ago

Reasonable offers happily accepted.

Reasonable

#5 10 years ago

Looks nice. Great colors and graphics.

#6 10 years ago

Was this ever in a game? How did the dimpling happen?

#7 10 years ago

That is not dimpiling from a ball, it actually is not really orange peal. It is the clear reacting to something on the pf, like water and oil. I am guessing it was cleared by someone who may know how to paint cars, but has no idea how a wood playfield is different.
I am treading lightly because I don't want to upset the owner of that pf, but the person who shot the clear has no self respect.
But to each their own. glws.

#8 10 years ago

It looks real nice. Someone will be happy with this playfield.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

That is not dimpiling from a ball, it actually is not really orange peal. It is the clear reacting to something on the pf, like water and oil. I am guessing it was cleared by someone who may know how to paint cars, but has no idea how a wood playfield is different.
I am treading lightly because I don't want to upset the owner of that pf, but the person who shot the clear has no self respect.

anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpganchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

#10 10 years ago

anchorman-animated-gif-012.gifanchorman-animated-gif-012.gif

#11 10 years ago

Thanks Ron. Appreciate that in a nice FS thread.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

If you're treading lightly, I'd hate to see what you'd say if you didn't hold back.. Anyhow I saw this playfield in person and it looks great. The dimpling is not noticeable until you look at it from a sharp angle, and most of it will be covered anyway. Good luck with the sale.

#13 10 years ago

"The person who shot the clear has no self respect" is considered treading lightly? What do you say when you speak your mind?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

If you're treading lightly, I'd hate to see what you'd say if you didn't hold back.. Anyhow I saw this playfield in person and it looks great. The dimpling is not noticeable until you look at it from a sharp angle, and most of it will be covered anyway. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Eric.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

"The person who shot the clear has no self respect" is considered treading lightly? What do you say when you speak your mind?

Espically when the person who restored this playfield is a very well respected person on pinside.

#16 10 years ago

You have to remember who made the comment. Ron does TONS of playfields and arguably does the best quality clearcoating in our hobby.
He's very opinionated and not afraid to share his thoughts.
A high end clearcoat would not look like that, but it wouldn't have the shooter lane darkness and crooked paint up the left side, either.
On the positive side, the drac trac and hole look pretty nice and besides those spots that were mentioned, would be good enough for 95% of collectors.
I commend the seller for taking a good photo of the problem area so the buyer knows exactly what he's getting.
Good luck with the sale!

#17 10 years ago

I was the one who did this playfield. I don't take offense to Rons comments. He does the best job when it comes to clearcoating.

This was not done as a top of the line restoration and the price the work was done for reflects that. If this looked like Ron's work Greg would be into it for a lot more. It is not dimpling on the playfield. It was an odd reaction the clearcoat had to the brand new bottle of createx paint that I used. It is just on the spot that was repainted with the gradient on that area. Even sanding it flat several times in between coats it was always coming back. Very very odd case that I have yet to encounter and is not from oils on the playfield or anything like that. It is an extremely uniform dimpling look and Greg was aware of this hence why he is passing the info on in his sale thread.

One final note this is a varathane clearcoat (no rattle cans. Fuji turbine HVLP)and not autoclear just so it is out there and no one tries to dig up any more things in Greg's FS post.

Good luck with the sale Greg.

-Jim

#18 10 years ago

This is off-topic here. But your two pin collection is very diverse and I wondered how someone would choose to keep just those two machines?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This is off-topic here. But your two pin collection is very diverse and I wondered how someone would choose to keep just those two machines?

It was a great balance. Variety is the spice of life. Just updated the collection tho as conquest left (Miss it greatly) and Popeye and Taxi arrived.

-Jim

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

It was a great balance. I love all styles of games. Nice having something completely different. Never feel like your playing the same game. Variety is the spice of life. Just updated the collection though as conquest left (Miss it greatly) and Popeye and Taxi arrived.
-Jim

#21 10 years ago

Gentle bump

#22 10 years ago

nudge. Open to offers...happy to ship or bring to Allentown!

#23 10 years ago

Here is a bump for ya, and it was a rude thing for a fs post. sorry. I remember I just cam in from the shop because I had to sand off and reclear a pf that I was all done with because there was an eyelash in the clear, and I was irritated and sounding all self righteous.
I know variety is the spice of life, and I wasn't comparing to mine because I didn't know the price. I just wanted to say it wasn't orange peal, and what I wrote sounded like a lil bitch.
But I realize it would burn my panties if you wrote it on mine, although stu has bogarted MANY of my for sale posts, 2 wrongs definatly don't make a right, and you are not stu. Actually I am now realizing that I was bitchy to the people that screw me around and not you. You have never done that (njgecko) sorry. rambling. here is a bump for ya. ron kruzman

#24 10 years ago

Awesome, great post Kruzman. I've definitely been there, and it takes a very humble and outstanding person to apologize. Mad respect for you

#25 10 years ago

Thanks all. Especially thank you Ron.

Open to offers..$900 takes it!

#27 10 years ago

Thanks Ron..appreciate the bump.

#28 10 years ago

surely a great price, I have seen beat ones priced at a hefty value. GLWYS! shouldnt take long

#29 10 years ago

You'll definitely sell it at 900, be patient. Here's a free bump. People tend to think long and hard when it comes to swapping playfields, ugh totally painful but worth it.

#30 10 years ago

Sale pending....

#32 10 years ago

And back up for sale it goes!

#34 10 years ago

Easy come easy go

#35 10 years ago

I take the blame. I wanted it but did not see the dimples. If I were to do it the dimples would start to drive me crazy. Price at $900 is a great buy and if I knew how to fix it. I would have bought it. Sorry

#36 10 years ago

No worries...the Gecko is easy to get along with. (do you have car insurance??)

#37 10 years ago

Couple of days later bump

#38 10 years ago

"getting closer to allentown" bump

1 week later
#39 10 years ago

You know you want this...whoever you are!

#40 10 years ago

I'm really surprised this hasn't sold yet. Free bump.

#42 10 years ago

Nuther friday bump...can bring to Allentown!

#43 10 years ago

bimp

monster party 2.gifmonster party 2.gif
#44 10 years ago

Since it looks like Mirco is going to bring some, I will offer to beat his price...$700 takes it!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Since it looks like Mirco is going to bring some, I will offer to beat his price...$700 takes it!

I'm not in the market, but I'd rather have a real used one than a repro. The dimpling is a pain in the ass and having the correct orientations already is a huge bonus when doing a pf swap.

#46 10 years ago

PM sent...

#47 10 years ago

Pending deal....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-restored-mb-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.