(Topic ID: 66052)

FS : Red & Ted's Road Show : nice shape!

By dmklunk

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RS Decal.jpg
RS Original Art.jpg
dmklunk RS.jpg
IMG_0195.JPG
Brontosaurus_(PSF).jpg
jp-scull-2-articleInline.jpg
fish_touch_up.jpg
fish_normal.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmklunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Very nice Red & Ted's Road Show pinball. Diamond Plate playfield shines beautifully. One small wear spot at the kickout but it appears to have been touched up and covered with a piece of mylar to preserve it (please see pictures & use your own discretion). The machine also has the Cliffy protector at the kickout to prevent any damage in the kickout area. Cabinet has one or two nicks, but other than that, it is very nice as well. Working 100%. The machine is located at my home just outside of New Oxford, PA (near Gettysburg & Hanover) on the main floor right near the front door for easy pickup. Also open to trades (straight up or +/- cash). Please feel free to contact me for more information or to make an offer. Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Price is now $3250 OBO.
Pictures are at http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/dmklunk/library/Road%20Show%20pics

1 week later
#2 10 years ago

Bump! Please contact me with any questions. I am open to trades (+/- cash as needed) as well.

Thanks!

Derek

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

it is not "home use only", and it sure isn't 'collector quality"

I didn't say it was HUO, I said I assumed it was. And I did truly assume it was until I saw some of the posts on this thread. As I said in my TAF for sale thread, "collector quality", just like "fully shopped", is open to interpretation; everybody has their own opinion. I'm not that picky of a collector but apparently many others are.

Quoted from pins4fun:

after-market decals

I don't think that they are faded. Whether or not they're aftermarket is up to the buyer's discretion -- I don't know how to tell the difference without having the two side by side.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

The fish touch up job is almost not true to the original either and the mouth is completely changed too. Here is what it is supposed to look like: (attachment)

This is what it looks like on the game for sale. (attachment) Sorry just wanted to point out in case someone didn't know and only to find out after they bought it.

I had no idea that the fish actually had a bottom jaw -- I just assumed by looking at mine that it was a fish with a closed mouth.

Just for the record, I had no part in the touch-up. It was done by someone (probably long before me) because it was that way when we bought it.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

His last 4 FS threads all read the same as this one

What do you mean they read the same? They read very similarly because I'm the one who wrote all four of them. I try to stick to a solid, uniform template when writing up FS threads so that I remember to include all of the important information. But each one pertains to its own game; I didn't copy & paste the same write-up in all four ads.

#21 10 years ago

Maybe you're right... Thread title edited to reflect the change. Thanks for the input!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Sounds like the new "collector quality" standard is new in box. Even my NIB STID has a few minor imperfections like an almost invisible scratch on the translite. (Need magnifying glass to see it.)

Yeah, I agree. By today's standards, "collector quality" is pretty hard to come by.
Either way, I am open to offers on the RS.
Thanks to all for the input.

Derek

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

The only issue here is his one is just weeeeeeeellll beyond many of the descriptive words used in the original ad.

Original post has been edited to (hopefully) reflect a more detailed description of the machine. Thanks for the input, everyone!

Derek

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

He said he'll take offers so if you have interest throw him an offer. Keep his FS thread on topic.

Hey, thanks
Sorry guys, but he's right -- that's why I put OBO on my stuff. I don't list low because, quite frankly, I don't need/want someone to flip it off of me. Now, if someone comes in and makes me a realistic offer, fine. They've got my attention. That's something I can consider.

I'm about to the point where I'm gonna quit posting prices on FS threads and just say "make an offer" or "PM me for price". Period. That would at least keep price police away.

Now a *real* potential buyer who visits this thread isn't even going to bother making an offer after reading through this. I guess forums really aren't the place to sell games.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Speculation is the head came two ways from Williams:
One with decals trimmed about a half inch back from all 4 sides of the head--and another version with artwork all the way to all 4 sides of the head:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/road$20show$20backbox$20decals/rec.games.pinball/-nMn2365xtY/AYcPoUzqpzoJ

I really thought that my cabinet was original. At least this opens up the possibility. Thanks for the link/reference NM.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Mine had decals that went all the way to the edge and there was no way it was re-recalled so it must have been produced both ways. (I always assumed the ones with the border were repros)

This is what I thought as well. I've seen and played a bunch of RS machines and none of them had the border. I really thought, "wow, no way those were ALL redecaled", haha.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

meaning original art, not licensed new decals

Right, but that doesn't mean that there weren't original cabinets that had the borderless art.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

You've received a lot of publicity in this thread, just curious, have you received any offers yet ?
And, check this out:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rs-road-show-and-f-14-york-show

Yes, I've received a couple offers & I am working with a couple people as far as cash offers and trade offers.

As for the other thread -- I actually spoke with that guy before about a Space Station & the F-14 that he was selling. Never met him but he seems like a good guy.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think borderless looks better.

Quoted from pinster68:

I'd agree with you there.

Quoted from NM:

I don't know how Williams thought the half-inch recess could look better.

Agreed. I know, I know, easy for me to say because mine is borderless, haha. Seriously though... I feel like the border wastes too much space.

#62 10 years ago

Evening bump, a few deals in the works but I am open to other offers in case the deals fall through. Thanks!

#64 10 years ago

Hey Mike! Thanks for chiming in, for the bump & the good reference!

Derek

1 week later
#65 10 years ago

Bump, this is still for sale. I actually have five machines for sale right now — I am open to cash offers or trade offers on one (or a few!) of them. I would definitely do trade +/- cash, two-for-one, three for one, or something like that for any of the games that I’m interested in so please make an offer!

What I have for sale:

Addams Family
Bride of Pinbot
Road Show
Police Force
Whirlwind

Interested in:

Scared Stiff
Monster Bash
Champion Pub
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Creature from the Black Lagoon
No Good Gofers
Cirqus Voltaire
White Water
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Ripley's Believe It or Not!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Not trying to rain on your parade, but if it's been a month and most (or all) of the machines you have are still for sale, you may want to consider that your prices need to be adjusted if you want to move them.
In a bunch of your posts people have pointed out some critical items on your machines that you might want to consider in the prices you're asking.

Price adjusted. Thanks for the input.

2 weeks later
#70 10 years ago

This is now sold. Some of the other machines are still available though so please contact me if you're interested in any others. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmklunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-red-teds-road-show-collector-quality?tu=dmklunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.