(Topic ID: 66052)

FS : Red & Ted's Road Show : nice shape!

By dmklunk

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RS Decal.jpg
RS Original Art.jpg
dmklunk RS.jpg
IMG_0195.JPG
Brontosaurus_(PSF).jpg
jp-scull-2-articleInline.jpg
fish_touch_up.jpg
fish_normal.jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Williams RS promo video appears to show full head artwork just after the 1:00 minute mark:

#52 10 years ago

I don't guess all this matters anyway. Ain't selling my HUO/NIB/COLLECTOR/ games anyway. Not that I have any.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Williams RS promo video appears to show full head artwork just after the 1:00 minute mark:
» YouTube video

Thanks for sharing this promo.

John Youssi or Pat Lawlor are probably some of the few people who might clarify this conclusively.

I'm inclined to speculate though that Williams, possibly in a cost cutting effort, subsequently decided to go with the decals in their later production runs. I've consistently seen high-end collectors almost always seeking the original art version though, FWIW.

Gene Cunnigham (Illinois Pinball) subsequently bought all remaining Williams parts and supplies when Williams closed its pinball division and later re-sold most of it to an Australian concern:

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/ipbsale.html

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

How long ago?

About 4 months. It's now 4 houses down the street and I made room for a new one.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Yikes ... the fish's lower jaw was surgically removed!

No, its just a fish from Chernobyl.
Road Show , Ukrainian edition!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

You've received a lot of publicity in this thread, just curious, have you received any offers yet ?
And, check this out:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rs-road-show-and-f-14-york-show

Yes, I've received a couple offers & I am working with a couple people as far as cash offers and trade offers.

As for the other thread -- I actually spoke with that guy before about a Space Station & the F-14 that he was selling. Never met him but he seems like a good guy.

#57 10 years ago

My RS cab is original and it is borderless. I think borderless looks better.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

My RS cab is original and it is borderless. I think borderless looks better.

I'd agree with you there. I purchased my HUO RS with borders and that's the first thing I was thinking ... change out those head decals. In the end I probably will just leave well enough alone ... but I'll be adding it on my to-do list.

#59 10 years ago

I don't know how Williams thought the half-inch recess could look better.

In the end, they didn't: CV, MB, CC.

My STTNG has it...any others (TS IIRC)?

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think borderless looks better.

Quoted from pinster68:

I'd agree with you there.

Quoted from NM:

Agreed. I know, I know, easy for me to say because mine is borderless, haha. Seriously though... I feel like the border wastes too much space.

#61 10 years ago

im of the opinion that even if your idea of collector quality doesn't match that of someone else's, as long as there are pics, then its ok. the guy ultimately can ask what he wants for the game. pictures will tell you all you need to know about a game though.

you say CQ, your pics say "im a nice player machine".

FYI sold a beauty RS for 2750 recently and was having sellers remorse as i watched it being wrapped up.

#62 10 years ago

Evening bump, a few deals in the works but I am open to other offers in case the deals fall through. Thanks!

#63 10 years ago

Guys,
They made the head art both ways (direct screen on and smaller decal) FROM THE FACTORY for Road Show, STTNG (although the full print graphic is very rare, I have seen it), WCS94, and Corvette. Why, I don't know. Derek's is original, and he's a good guy to do business with.

Mike

#64 10 years ago

Hey Mike! Thanks for chiming in, for the bump & the good reference!

Derek

1 week later
#65 10 years ago

Bump, this is still for sale. I actually have five machines for sale right now — I am open to cash offers or trade offers on one (or a few!) of them. I would definitely do trade +/- cash, two-for-one, three for one, or something like that for any of the games that I’m interested in so please make an offer!

What I have for sale:

Addams Family
Bride of Pinbot
Road Show
Police Force
Whirlwind

Interested in:

Scared Stiff
Monster Bash
Champion Pub
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Creature from the Black Lagoon
No Good Gofers
Cirqus Voltaire
White Water
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Ripley's Believe It or Not!

#66 10 years ago

Not trying to rain on your parade, but if it's been a month and most (or all) of the machines you have are still for sale, you may want to consider that your prices need to be adjusted if you want to move them.
In a bunch of your posts people have pointed out some critical items on your machines that you might want to consider in the prices you're asking.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Not trying to rain on your parade, but if it's been a month and most (or all) of the machines you have are still for sale, you may want to consider that your prices need to be adjusted if you want to move them.
In a bunch of your posts people have pointed out some critical items on your machines that you might want to consider in the prices you're asking.

Price adjusted. Thanks for the input.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Here they are, side by side: (the one in the middle with the border is the original art)

dmklunk RS.jpg 127 KB

RS Original Art.jpg 206 KB

RS Decal.jpg 149 KB

Not true. Artwork to the edges is original. I have had several.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

In the end, they didn't: CV, MB, CC.
My STTNG has it...any others (TS IIRC)?

Maybe something was wrong with the labels at the edges and that's how they "fixed" it.

1 week later
#70 10 years ago

This is now sold. Some of the other machines are still available though so please contact me if you're interested in any others. Thanks!

#71 10 years ago

I've got a nice Roadshow that I might be selling soon if anyone is interested.. Sorry opt. I see you just sold yours so I hope you don't mind..

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Joe - you can have first dibs if my CQ RS ever goes up for sale. I'd also consider temporary trades if you're into that sort of thing. Though RS is my wife & daughter's favorite pin ... I might be up for a battle if I ever try to sell it. I still catch heat for selling my CQ Hurricane.
Regards,
Brian

I'd be interested too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-red-teds-road-show-collector-quality/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.