(Topic ID: 69241)

F/S RBION Ripleys Believe it or Not / Located in So Cal ****$5.00*Price*reduced*

By iwantansi

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinfidel
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dollar.jpg
rippf02.gif
00T0T_cDbDMH97ubh_600x450.jpg
01313_2bOHKDGQexf_600x450.jpg
00N0N_G6coKqDnZk_600x450.jpg
00101_9EhyFiGAeSm_600x450.jpg
00q0q_8ReBvzHPt61_600x450.jpg
00m0m_9dG9sGZoBzy_600x450.jpg
00o0o_i33xxydnE4C_600x450.jpg
00F0F_x3WHvQw3yp_600x450.jpg
00d0d_4RT6gIfqfdL_600x450.jpg
01616_azU0CaFTtY7_600x450.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I have to add my thoughts. Sorry in advance.
I think a big problem is, people join Pinside, and their first post, is a machine that is listed way over market value. Contribute some on the forum, whether it's thru technical knowledge, game tips, or help in some way. Introduce yourself, let people get to know you. Pinside seems to be the place people come just to sell their overpriced machines, get called out on it, and then call foul. Be part of this great community. It's full of great people (including me ). It does bug me to see some people on here (some for a long time), and the only posts they have made is to sell a pin.
How'd you put it oh yea
/rant
forgot to add GLWS, it is a very pretty machine.

"Market Value" is a very subjective term. $4200 isn't totally out of the park on this machine. Does it need to be signed by Centerflank to fetch that price? Also I did edit the price down to $3800 eventually and still got criticism.

So people join Pinside and their first post is a for sale post, for which they get flamed for, and never come back, is that is the type of forum we want?

All i'm really trying to convey is that it isnt constructive for people to reply that the game is overpriced. Tell me would any of you buy a game where you saw repeated replies "Overpriced GLWS"? You probably wouldnt... right?

As far as contributing to the community, I feel I do enough, i've supported Pinside in the past and I dont need to justify that any further.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

$4200 isn't totally out of the park on this machine.

Yes, it is. Sorry, it just is, that's the market.

If you don't want comments on your sale then put it in the market place, where there are none, and go on with your life. Otherwise people are going to chat it up, that's what forums are for. It's actually very constructive, it's how people learn. It might not sound awesome to you and your attempt at a sale, but that's just the nature of community, it's not all about you. And really, you're learning too.

If $3800 is an awesome price then someone will swoop on it, regardless of what anyone says.

2 months later
#53 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Smoke another one.

LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rbion-ripleys-believe-it-or-not-located-in-southern-california/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.