underneathfront.JPG.jpg
right_side_cabinet.JPG.jpg
DSCN8534.jpg
backglass.JPG.jpg
middle_picture.jpg
scoopandtargets.jpg
playfield.JPG.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Alright guys, as I mentioned in another thread I am going to be selling what I consider to be a project AFM. I bought this machine 2-3 years ago in the same condition in it is now. As far as I know, every thing works on the machine except for one string of GI in the backbox. The cabinet has a decent size hole in the left side as evident in the picture. There is a little wear around the stroke of luck and one insert is missing some graphic. Again look at the pictures. Game is complete with Bill Ungs saucer mod.

I just want to make myself clear that I want to sell this machine for what it is worth in the condition it is in right now. I'm not looking to make crazy money nor am I trying screw myself over by selling dirt cheap. I would really like the forums help in trying to value the machine so we have a fair transaction for both myself and the buyer.

playfield.JPG.jpgplayfield.JPG.jpg scoopandtargets.jpgscoopandtargets.jpg middle_picture.jpgmiddle_picture.jpg backglass.JPG.jpgbackglass.JPG.jpg DSCN8534.jpgDSCN8534.jpg right_side_cabinet.JPG.jpgright_side_cabinet.JPG.jpg

#2 11 years ago

More pics

underneathfront.JPG.jpgunderneathfront.JPG.jpg underneathplayfieldback.JPG.jpgunderneathplayfieldback.JPG.jpg ramps_and_saucers.jpgramps_and_saucers.jpg

#3 11 years ago

I am able to provide any pics that are requested.

#5 11 years ago

Duck and cover... I remember this one being on ebay 2 years ago and some sort of drama that followed.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Duck and cover... I remember this one being on ebay 2 years ago and some sort of drama that followed.

Are you serious man? You come on to my thread and sh$t on it like that? Please...... Nice to know who I'm not giving a good deal to.

#7 11 years ago

You asked for an opinion and I gave one.

Also, it is in bad taste to NOT list an asking price/trade if you offer up a game for sale/trade on pinside.

Also, your first post is confusing. Is it for sale or is this a "price check" thread.

#8 11 years ago

I already said it was for sale and I would appreciate it if the forum helped me put a fair value on it for both me and the buyer. I'm not posting a price because I don't know what it's worth and I've seen how this forum butchers every one that post a high asking price. No reason to be a damn prick about it. In the end I'm going to make someone a good deal, and it sure the hell ain't gonna be you.

#9 11 years ago

I'm also going to mention that I will be attending the Texas Pinball Festival and can easily haul the machine up to Dallas.

#10 11 years ago

7k OBO seems like a decent place to start???

#11 11 years ago

I had a hole just like that in an AFM I owned in the past, almost the same spot (different AFM than the one you're selling). Mine came from Germany, so not sure what the hole was for. Just wanted to point out you're not alone!

good luck on the sale Legacy....

Michael

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I had a hole just like that in an AFM I owned in the past, almost the same spot

Standard spot for a Martian gloryhole

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Standard spot for a Martian gloryhole

For the prices some of these machines are going for, you gotta hope you can $#^& them.

#14 11 years ago

That's ok, you just overreacted. I forgive you.

#15 11 years ago

I would never come in to your thread and make the comment you did to act like there is some kind of "drama" surrounding my machine. You my friend, have bad taste. But alas, life goes on.

#16 11 years ago

Since it doesn't seem like I will be getting much help valuing it, the number I will throw out for what I think is fair market value would be somewhere around $4500. Do you guys think that is fair value for it?

#17 11 years ago

A minty new looking AFM =$9000
new cab decals = $300
touch up and clear pf = $700
new plastics (+ protectors) + ramps = $350
labor = $1000? Probably more
misc parts? legs, glass, bulbs, switches, rubbers, side rails, etc?
9000-300-700-350-1000-?=$6650 max

ymmv,
Jer

#18 11 years ago

I think 4500 would be a good deal for someone. I was going to say between 5 and 6. Without seeing more pics, it's kind of hard to tell. Maybe even a little more. Ive seen a few in nice shape sell for right around 9 in the last couple of months.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I think 4500 would be a good deal for someone.

Agree considering labor and all that. 4500 would be pretty fair.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Also, it is in bad taste to NOT list an asking price/trade if you offer up a game for sale/trade on pinside.

Is this your rule? Cuz if it is your going to hate the way I taste buckaroo!

#21 11 years ago

I just recently bought an AFM for 7k without any major wear or problems
I would suggest it is worth 5k to 5.5k

#22 11 years ago

I am good with selling for around this number, and to be fair I have to start with the first person that contacted me. I'm not going to play this bid war crap and screw everyone around. Thank you every one for the feed back.

#23 11 years ago

Take offers on it, don't list a price. The Pinside Price whiners are waiting for you... saliva dripping... fresh meat... waiting to pounce...

#24 11 years ago

4500 is too cheap and the seller knows it. He could sell 10 of them at that price.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Is this your rule? Cuz if it is your going to hate the way I taste buckaroo!

Rule? WFT are u talking bout Willis?

I do follow this rule: Do not trust people posting things for sale with "make me an offer".

#26 11 years ago

I never once said make me an offer. Just asked for help in value. Let it go bud. I just think it's funny that here I am trying to give out a good deal and I get criticized for selling it too cheap. Lol what is this world coming to?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Rule? WFT are u talking bout Willis?
I do follow this rule: Do not trust people posting things for sale with "make me an offer".

Good for you... so if you don't trust the guy leave him alone! Now go crash someone else's post.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

I never once said make me an offer. Just asked for help in value. Let it go bud.

He doesn't care he makes his own rules...

#29 11 years ago

Next time, try posting a pin that's "for sale" in the marketplace forum. You guys can try to filter out the opinions of others all you want, doesn't work well on an internet forum.

If you sell this pin for 4500, have the buyer contact me and I will send you a $100 bill in the mail.

I will call out anyone who is full of B.S. and ain't no one gonna stop me.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

#31 11 years ago

All the issues that you listed In my opinion would not take away from the playability of the game. For someone who wants a player's machine, for $4500 that would be a good deal. If I was interested in that game, I would do the work a little bit at a time. Even if nothing got done to it, it would still be fun to play. I do like to get the best machine that I can for my money, but I also love to play pinball, and if the machine had a hole in it, oh well. Better to play a desireable game with a cabinet hole, GIs out, stroke of luck wear then to not have the chance to own one. I wish you the best with the sale. Someone will definetly enjoy owning or working on that game.

#32 11 years ago

This thread no longer serves a purpose.

#33 11 years ago

That's Right, We Bad! What a good one. Man that takes you back to the good old days! Thanks

#34 11 years ago

I'm one of the "wish I was closer" posters. Good luck with the sale. If it was midwestern, I'd buy that and give it the labor of love. /sigh

#35 11 years ago

$4500 is a steal

#36 11 years ago

I thought this kind of "drama" on RGP is one of the main reasons people deserted RGP for Pinside. I guess not.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

» YouTube video

Ok... LMFAO...cleaning grape juice projectile off screen

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

$4500 is a steal

Yep, the last 'beat to hell' AFM went for $5500 pretty quickly.

So yes, very good deal to the buyer.

#39 11 years ago

Next time, try posting a pin that's "for sale" in the marketplace forum. You guys can try to filter out the opinions of others all you want, doesn't work well on an internet forum.
If you sell this pin for 4500, have the buyer contact me and I will send you a $100 bill in the mail.

Based on your line up, im guessing most will disregard your opinion.
Many of the guys here could pick just one machine out of thier line up that would cover your 22 pins and you'd owe em change.

in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpgin-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from robbiev:

Based on your line up, im guessing most will disregard your opinion.
Many of the guys here could pick just one machine out of thier line up that would cover your 22 pins and you'd owe em change.

That's a pretty narrow minded approach to pinball. Plus how many collections have you (or anyone) seen that contain TWO Torpedo Alleys?

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I thought this kind of "drama" on RGP is one of the main reasons people deserted RGP for Pinside. I guess not.

Assholes are everywhere.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That's a pretty narrow minded approach to pinball. Plus how many collections have you (or anyone) seen that contain TWO Torpedo Alleys?

Thats not "my approach to pinball", thats my welcome note to this asshat.

How many? None...never heard of the game.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Assholes are everywhere.

Hey , watch it kelly !

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Assholes are everywhere.

Are we to assume...your into anal?

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Assholes are everywhere.

just make sure they're clean! etiquette!

#46 11 years ago

<jeopardy music>

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Hey , watch it kelly !

What did you offer him, Jim? I offered him $4500, which he declined.

#48 11 years ago

sorry, wront thread. pm was sent earlier though

#49 11 years ago

I also said I would pay the $4500 and shipping....nothing back yet...

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

Since it doesn't seem like I will be getting much help valuing it, the number I will throw out for what I think is fair market value would be somewhere around $4500. Do you guys think that is fair value for it?

Absolutely *very* fair. In fact I would call that a good deal for someone for sure. Wouldn't last long at that price.

Edit: seems he has already had several offers at that price, but declined it at least once?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-project-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.