(Topic ID: 19313)

FS: Practically Brand New HUO LOTR LE! SOLD...

By Brads_User_Name

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC02768.JPG
DSC02760.JPG
DSC02751.JPG
DSC02745.JPG
DSC02743.JPG
DSC02729.JPG
DSC02763.JPG
DSC02728.JPG
DSC02726.JPG
DSC02730.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hey Everyone - (I'm crossing my fingers there are no "shazams" )

Here is a fantastic home-use only (fairly recently unboxed) LORD OF THE RINGS LE (Gold Edition). I purchased this unit last Summer (one of the last ones available new in the box). Since first setting it up, I really just went about tastefully enhancing it and keeping it in mint condition. Surprisingly, I don’t have a lot of play time on it with only 138 balls played registering on the DMD. Besides being a Gold Edition LE, here are the other additions to the game I made:

- New Shaker Motor Installed
- New Flipper Fidelity Subwoofer (replacing stock unit)
- All new LEDs throughout
- Cliffys installed
- All relevant Lord of the Rings figures (and a few other rare ones) added to the playfield (placed
with the theme in mind for location, etc.). They are completely removable back to a clean
surface if desired.
- Pinball Life “Backbox Eye Flasher” – very cool…flashes when you shoot through the ring (more
information is on the Pinball Life website)
- LOTR target decals
- Crystal Globe replacing plastic one (original included)
- Custom high quality (photo paper) scorecard inserts
- Original manual and goodie bag are still stapled in original location
- Includes pin cabinet protectors
- Also includes promotional flyers in protective bags & boards + keychain
- I have a square “cut out” from the original box (about 2 feet by 2 feet) with the Stern logo
and “LOTR” stamp including matching serial number.

Asking price is $6,250…essentially an almost new (yet enhanced) LOTR!

I’m looking to make space in my collection for another special game. More pictures are available if needed...sides of the unit are in mint condition as well. Game will also be posted on Craigslist (shortly). Cell phone # 630-849-5252. I'm located in the far western suburbs of Chicago - Thanks for looking - I appreciate it!

Brad

// Error: Image 33203 not found // DSC02730.JPGDSC02730.JPG // Error: Image 33205 not found // // Error: Image 33206 not found // // Error: Image 33207 not found // // Error: Image 33208 not found //

Post edited by Brads_User_Name

#2 11 years ago

I think its a great price for a great machine, good luck

Nice collection you have there!!

which pin you enjoy the most by the way ?

#3 11 years ago

More pictures...

DSC02726.JPGDSC02726.JPG DSC02728.JPGDSC02728.JPG DSC02763.JPGDSC02763.JPG DSC02729.JPGDSC02729.JPG DSC02743.JPGDSC02743.JPG DSC02745.JPGDSC02745.JPG

#4 11 years ago

I have a question. So, when Saruman died and fell of the Orthanc tower, he then joined the army of the dead?

Joking aside, it looks like a nice machine.

#5 11 years ago

Last pictures...thanks

DSC02751.JPGDSC02751.JPG DSC02760.JPGDSC02760.JPG DSC02768.JPGDSC02768.JPG

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

Nice collection you have there!!

which pin you enjoy the most by the way ?

Thanks - believe it or not, I really enjoy my Iron Man - but I love 'em all...

#7 11 years ago

Nice Machine! Good luck with the sale.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Nice Machine! Good luck with the sale.

Thank you!

#9 11 years ago

Looks awesome. Would be after this If I didn't have Predator pre-ordered and child #2 on the way.

#10 11 years ago

Free shipping to Canada?

Nice machine!

#11 11 years ago

138 balls total? It's my all time favorite game. Guess it wasn't for you! I'd buy it if you were close just to upgrade.

#13 11 years ago

Nice game. Nice upgrades. Decent price; should sell at or close to asking price.
I love mine.
Good luck with the sale.
Scott

#14 11 years ago

Awesome looking game. A question though - are the signatures in the outlanes protected?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Awesome looking game. A question though - are the signatures in the outlanes protected?

Yes...they are under the clearcoat...thanks

#16 11 years ago

Shazam....... That is a great price for a nice looking LE LOTR.

If you were only closer =-) And I had another 3K in my piball fund right now.

Minor details best of luck with your sale.

#17 11 years ago

Looks great, wish I was closer.....

#19 11 years ago

That's an extremely fair price considering the condition and all the upgrades. If I hadn't just committed to a bunch of games, I would have grabbed this in a heartbeat.

#20 11 years ago

btw shazaam shazaam shazaam. just because i might have to buy this and need to do everything I can to get price down. Jk. gotta say, your price isn't really shazaam level. Iceman told me I have to buy one or he'll never talk to me again... lol. Shoot me a pm back.

#21 11 years ago

For the person that ends up buying this game, I have a full set of the original LOTR figures that I would be willing to sell for the right price.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the person that ends up buying this game, I have a full set of the original LOTR figures that I would be willing to sell for the right price.

Uh.....did you actually look at the pics?

Edit: never mind, you are talking about the originals.

#24 11 years ago

Thanks to everyone for their interest...sold this LOTR very early today to a nice cash offer ($6,000). A fellow pinsider no less! How cool is that? I apologize to anyone I had to get back to late...I spent most of the night (28th) working and then packing & delivering. I did not want to offend anyone with other offers for trades, purchase, etc. I believe I got to everyone now. Also apologize for the duplicate post - "rookie" mistake...I thought I was still editing while adding pictures. Thanks again...

#25 11 years ago

Congrates !

time to move the game to OWNED IN THE PAST list lol

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Brads_User_Name:

sold this LOTR very early today to a nice cash offer ($6,000). A fellow pinsider no less! How cool is that?

It better be Doc!...To the new owner, spend a lot of time early on learning the rules, the more you play it the more you will love it.....

I could never get rid of my Lotr LE.....

#27 11 years ago

Congrats on the sale! And to the buyer of coarse.

#28 11 years ago

We at pinside frequently shorten peoples screen names to initials only. You know, coasterguy, CG, me TG. Brad...sorry. You're BUN!

It was YOUR choice so I am afraid you'll have to live with it.

I would congratulate you on your sale but I fear for you...Other than AFM and SM, LOTR is the only machine I wanted back after I let it go. But congrats anyway!

#29 11 years ago

I am the buyer. I have to say, Brad was an absolute pleasure to deal with. He not only drove the machine out to my house at midnight last night, but he took great care to make sure that it was well protected and arrived completely unscathed. He was also nice enough to stick around and help me get the game into my basement, despite the fact that he had work early the next morning. I don't think he left my house until sometime after 2 AM, and then he still had to drive an hour back home.

As for the game, the thing is immaculate! There is literally ZERO wear anywhere. As far as I'm concerned, it's as if I just bought a NIB. This game has been on my radar for a long time, and I'm thrilled to finally have such a beautiful example in my collection.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

We at pinside frequently shorten peoples screen names to initials only. You know, coasterguy, CG, me TG. Brad...sorry. You're BUN!

LOL ... I like it!

#31 11 years ago

Gweempose was a terrific buyer as well...its very cool the amount of trust you can put in a fellow Pinsider. I can only dream of a collection like his ...very nice games and I'm sold on PDI glass! It is fantastic...you have to see it to believe. Thanks again for the great transaction.

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

No problem "TG"...I brought that on myself! Maybe a name change down the road...I've been called worse

#32 11 years ago

Gratz on your LOTR LE! Love my LOTR LE, it's a beautiful machine with the extra clearcoat and plating! My wife would never let me get rid of it (which doesn't bother me a bit)

I also added the figures, LED's, and it has a factory shaker.. I love the shaker integration on this game, Stern did a great job with that.

Now go put some plays on it!

#33 11 years ago

Yep Congrads on the purchase of your almost nib lotr le. Bought my nib lotr in jan 2012 for more and yours has many more mods. Great addition to your collection.

#34 11 years ago

congrats only stern beside xmen I'll be putting in my collection anytime soon.

#35 11 years ago

congrats. wonderful game and exceptional seller in our community.

#36 11 years ago

I am super stoked for you Gweem. I know you have wanted this title for a while. When I saw this one go up I thought Gweem has got to jump on this one! oh, He did

#37 11 years ago

I am also really glad Gweem picked this up!

#38 11 years ago

Way to go Gweem, you will love it!

#39 11 years ago

Why does this pop up a week after I buy a LOTR?

#40 11 years ago

Congrats Gweem!!

#41 11 years ago

Congrats!!

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

LOL ... I like it!

Congrats on the sweet looking machine. Love your "Avatar" as my young daughters and I have been watching the Korra season finale on a loop these past few days.

#43 11 years ago

How durable are those gold cromish rails? They look great!!!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How durable are those gold cromish rails? They look great!!!

I had a LOTR LE and they actually hold up pretty good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 25.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 7.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-practically-brand-new-huo-lotr-le-thanks-for-looking-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.