(Topic ID: 50368)

FS/FT: POTC- Perfect HUO SE Michigan $5000- Game is sold-- Thanks!

By usandthem

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RonB
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
SAM_0732.JPG
SAM_0740.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hey Guys- I'm listing my Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC) for sale. I just listed it locally at Craigslist as well for a little bit more. I'm listing it for $5000 on Pinside. I've never had anything but the best of experiences with the people that I've met from here and I figure that that has to be worth something. A local sale is preferred. Trades will be considered as well. I like newer Sterns, DMD and Alphanumeric era B/W games as well as select Data East and Sega titles. Please e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions/concerns. Or PM me. Please be patient tomorrow as we're hosting Mother's Day festivities over here. Also, I am a school teacher, so it is impossible for me to respond to any messages during the work day.

I've never made a dime on pinball machine, but I've lost a few. I certainly fall into the hobby side of things around here, not the business side. As my ad below says, if you don't believe that my machine is worth $5000, please move onto something that will make you happy. Thanks a lot, everybody.

The ad is as follows:

I've decided to sell my truly beautiful home used only stern Pirates of the Caribbean pinball machine. I'm not a collector or a flipper. I'm just a guy who loves pinball. I've had seven machines in my life- Twilight Zone, Tommy, No Good Gofers, Revenge from Mars, Batman Dark Knight, Congo, and now Pirates of the Caribbean. When my wife says that I can have one pinball machine at a time, you simply have to move on
after a while. My Pirates of the Caribbean is perfect and I am extremely picky.

The machine has been a total pleasure to own and is working 100% like new. Everything about the machine is as good or better than new in box. The machine only has around 300 plays. The cabinet is perfect. (Now, you might be able to find a mark the size of the head of a pin if you used a magnifying glass, but it would be difficult.) The playfield is also perfect and is as smooth as butter. The backbox, translite and dot matrix display are perfect as well. This machine does have some pretty cool mods, including the Back Alley Pearl Cannon over the shooter lane, the plank, and the sand and barrels. It also has NOS boney flippers from Scared Stiff and all of the 3" figures added throughout. Finally, there are blue frosted LED's in the GI in the water areas, LED's in some of the appropriate flashers and spotlights as well. What more can really be said?

Game also includes original owners manual, original goody bag, and large figure that the previous owner used as a topper.

The price is $5200 as you will not need to invest a dime in this machine. One thing to note- Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the last Sterns made (made in 2007) before cost-cutting cheapened pinball machines severely. If this machine were made in 2013, it would be called a premium because it is so feature-rich and Stern would charge $7000 for it. If you don't think that this machine is worth
$5200, please find another machine that you'll be happy with. I don't gouge, I am completely honest, and I mean it when I say that I would rather be a little happy (by selling the machine) and you be very happy by getting a
great machine at a great price then the other way around. Each of the other six pinball machines that I have owned and subsequently sold have been bought by the very first person to look at them because I am completely honest and because there are no disappointments. Please see additional pictures at http://piratesofthecaribbeanpinball.shutterfly.com/pictures

SAM_0740.JPGSAM_0740.JPG SAM_0732.JPGSAM_0732.JPG

Post edited by usandthem : Title Clarification

#2 10 years ago

Digging the blue around the water, I'll have to play with mine when I get back home. GLWS

#3 10 years ago

Great machine!
GLWTS!

#4 10 years ago

You many not find a better and more honest seller.

GLWTS.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

GLWTS.

Hey Tamoore,
You still partying at Blondetalls!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Great Price!
GLWTS!

Might be wise to stay away from any remarks concerning asking price ~ good or bad.

#7 10 years ago

Comment edited.
Thx.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

GLWTS.

Thanks a lot, Todd!

Quoted from schmoo:

Might be wise to stay away from any remarks concerning asking price ~ good or bad.

He's welcome to declare it a great price! The other way around is not so welcome-- just kidding.

#9 10 years ago

I love playing POTC! (This is not a paid endorsement)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Bump.

#11 10 years ago

Excellent game. I was lucky to find a HUO one for a good price and have no plans to sell it.

#12 10 years ago

Let me be a little more specific of the titles that I have my eye on:

TAF, WH20, AVLE, AV, AC/DC Premium or Pro, Transformers LE (any of them), SM, WCS-94, XMLE, XM, TRS, MET, High Speed, High Speed II, BOP, FH, TS, IM, AVLE, TRS or TRS LE.

I'm sure that there are some others that I'm not thinking of. The only thing I ask is that they're in great shape. If it's not perfectly mint, it's okay. Just disclose it. I just can't deal with a beater as I have neither the time nor the skills to bring it up to standard. I'd like to try as many as possible before I bite the dust.

My POTC is great-- no doubt. But as I said, when you only have one, it doesn't matter what it is-- sooner or later, it's time to go.

#13 10 years ago

I must agree. I really like the Blue LED's Looks like a beautiful game.

GLWS

#14 10 years ago

I would love this machine , it never pops up around here.

#15 10 years ago

what a gorgeous machine. I wish I could afford it. Definitely the last of the stern machines I would ever buy.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I would love this machine , it never pops up around here.

Swing by my place for a few games and a beer!

#17 10 years ago

That's a good price on a HUO. It looks really nice. Good luck with the sale!

#18 10 years ago

Great Game!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 10 years ago

I promise I won't bump this thing left and right. I've had some good offers from some good people. There hasn't been anything super local as of yet. Heck, I might even end up doing something with one of these people, but man, I don't want to ship if I don't have to.

If it doesn't move, I'll obviously have to lower the price or simply not pursue it for a while. I follow the pinball hobby and pricing pretty closely, so I think I have it priced more than fairly, but I can accept if that is not the case. I think that it may be a perfect storm of a new machine that people seem to be liking (Metallica) and suddenly awesome weather. (Not many people I know play pinball outside.) Thanks, everybody!

#20 10 years ago

i will bump it for you ! such a fun game !

and Apollyon , thanks for the invite ! if i ever get up that way i will take you up on it !

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I promise I won't bump this thing left and right. I've had some good offers from some good people. There hasn't been anything super local as of yet. Heck, I might even end up doing something with one of these people, but man, I don't want to ship if I don't have to.
If it doesn't move, I'll obviously have to lower the price or simply not pursue it for a while. I follow the pinball hobby and pricing pretty closely, so I think I have it priced more than fairly, but I can accept if that is not the case. I think that it may be a perfect storm of a new machine that people seem to be liking (Metallica) and suddenly awesome weather. (Not many people I know play pinball outside.) Thanks, everybody!

The price is VERY fair. I do believe, however, that many people are hanging on to their $5K in case they want to jump on Metallica. That time will pass.

I paid $6K for my HUO POTC, and it is worth every penny. Give it a few days and someone will jump on this. Good luck!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

The price is VERY fair. I do believe, however, that many people are hanging on to their $5K in case they want to jump on Metallica. That time will pass.
I paid $6K for my HUO POTC, and it is worth every penny. Give it a few days and someone will jump on this. Good luck!

+1 on timing. Great looking pin. Metallica is blowing up

Mk

#23 10 years ago

I bought Dave's BDK. Great seller!

#24 10 years ago

The game is sold. Thank you to the buyer for a smooth transaction. And thank you to folks here for their kind words about me as a seller. I really appreciate it!

#25 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale!

#26 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale!
I hope you get something fun for your next pin!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Congrats on the sale!
I hope you get something fun for your next pin!

I was hoping you were going to buy it, Todd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 218.00
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-potc-perfect-home-used-only-se-michigan-betw-detroit-and-ann-arbor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.