7EBAD360-4004-46B5-890A-3D39CDE538D1 (resized).jpeg
6A29AC12-1A0D-42D3-BE01-21F534104FAF (resized).jpeg
4387CA91-D054-422C-B8B0-0D383C188E0D (resized).jpeg
F53701D7-DF3A-4966-9EFA-23CAAE169E6C (resized).jpeg
22D54D2F-D13E-4616-884C-8518800AD3A1 (resized).jpeg
69A7D2CE-3F45-496D-ADBB-05575D7F0A5B (resized).jpeg
97A381D4-A5A8-4732-A5DD-A9F76C29A708 (resized).jpeg
02619E92-20CC-478D-A03F-FD92813C534A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#34 3 years ago

It’s NOT going to sell for 40k its a totally ridiculous asking price, and a total money grab. Here is a reality check, this game is NOT worth this price and the LE is not worth 20k either. A few weeks ago when a TON of people put their LE up for sale no one sold a single game and some dropped the price down to 17 range. A Pirate for sale HERE and THERE and you ask for 20k some RICH guy where money means nothing will snatch it up... but when you put 10 for sale at the same time no one buys it.

There is only a VERY SMALL handful of people willing to pay 20k for ANY pinball machine, but it fools people into thinking this is what everyone will pay. False... the mass majority of people who love to buy and sell pinballs would never pay that price. There is just a new segment of buyers who are fridge buyers, they want it NOW and will PAY but they’re the minority.

You have some really well off people overpaying for SOME games, but that doesn’t mean it will apply to all games even Pirates CE in every case.

With all that being said I REFUSE to downvote anyone for asking what they think their game is worth. Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay and if he finds the very rare buyer where money is no object good for him.

I have a Pirates LE so if you’re looking to SELL your game you’re rooting for a HIGH sale, if you’re one of the people wanting to buy then you’re hoping the prices come back to earth.

Personally I think no one is dumb enough to pay 40k for this pinball machine, but if they do good for them.

#46 3 years ago

Still for sale proves its not worth asking price. People need to stop fishing to breaking records your confusing the entire community. Put this game up for 29,995 and still you’re going to struggle to find the one dumb rich buyer but at least it’s more realistic. Just because one person found a buyer for 30 doesn’t mean the next one will. This game is not worth 40k it hasn’t sold adjust the price or remove this ridiculous ad from pinside. For everyone’s sake. It just feeds the Kaneda of the world to mock pinside.

#53 3 years ago

I see he lowered the price hmmm... 39,500 or 37,500. Does this guy actually think $2000 drop is going to sell the game? C'mon! The game isn't worth 39, 37, 32, 29, 26 COME BACK TO PLANET EARTH!

Just because some whacko billion bought one for 30k doesn't mean yours all of a sudden has buyers lined up out the door to give you $37,500.00. You have to get LUCKY to find that type of buyer.

Do yourself a favor pull the ad and save yourself the downvotes, or get the back back under 30k then you might actually get something in the works.

#59 3 years ago

OMG there was NOTHING shady about my TBL sale. I sold the game for $14,500 just because I didn't sell it to you doesn't make the ad shady. I've sold 100's of pinball games and never had a single issue with ANYONE as in EVER. Currently have about 30 machines and will be selling and buying a few more coming up. No issues here brother.

As to the price of this game you claim its worth 30k, that is false every game is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Lets not forget a year ago these sold for $15k, a few months ago 18k, then 20k, then it seemed settled at 25k and now someone wants 40k. PLEASE! You yourself just said its worth 30k, did you read what I said and repeat it? I said once he decides to price the game at 30k then maybe he might start getting some offers.

You'd have to be totally crazy to pay $40k for a pinball machine.

For 40k you could buy a brand new Big Lebowski, Batman 66 LE, Guns N Roses LE, and lets throw in a used Deadpool Pro all for under $40,000.

Pirates CE is an amazing game no doubt, but I repeat NO PINBALL game is worth 40k and its ridiculous to assume it is. Furthermore just because some very rare buyer slides along and pays an absurd amount for one doesn't mean the next guy can repeat the same price.

There is an old saying... you have to be in the right place at the right time and that rings true for pinball. The right buyer comes along at the right time you can make a big sale but what is the average that is going to be the normal.

Period. The price is absurd.

PS: If Pirates CE is worth 40k, which its not, what will Guns N Roses CE be worth a year from now 50k? What percentage of pinball buyers can afford to even pay 10k for a pinball game much less 50k. We're talking about a group so razor thin I say once again... right place at the right time. This guy wanting now $37,500 for his Pirates isn't going to get it because he's a dollar short and a day late. I would gamble that the majority of mega rich price means nothing pinball buyers have probably snapped up what they wanted. This guy needs to get the price back to planet earth even with your estimate of 30k he's still $7500 over that. C'mon.

Quoted from delt31:

Are you seriously talking about shady for sale ads? Please stop talking before you embarrass yourself further as I'm sure we don't want to revisit your TBL ad.

Take your own advice and do yourself a favor - if you don't like the ad, that's your call but keep it to yourself. The caps make you sound like the same type of "whacko" who you believe bought one at 30.

which btw - this games sells 30 all day. Seller is a good guy - market is great right now so he's shooting for the moon. Sure. why not

#62 3 years ago

FYI I own a Pirates and I'm happy I do because its an amazing game. Eric is on FIRE he's two of two and I can't wait for his third game. But just imagine for a second asking 40k for a pinball game, the guy with the 4k game thinks its worth 8k, and the guy with the Elvira Premium is now asking 12,500 that's an actual ad on the site right now. What do you think manufactures are thinking right now if people are really buying games for 25% to 4x more than they sold the game for NEW.

The pinball community the mass majority of them will be priced right out of the hobby. The same thing happened to the muscle car collector industry... someone paying 40k for any pinball game hurts the entire hobby. I'm here to tell you when Stern pro's go to $7k and Premiums go to 10k and LE go to 12-14k, a lot of people are going to STOP buying. Placing an ad that is PURE fantasy just doesn't help the hobby. Just my opinion.

Quoted from AMSNL:

It’s so fucking funny that everybody is hating everybody when a seller asks 39k for his pirates CE ( even tho I think the max would be around 30k) And 95% it’s the people complaining who wanted a pirates could not buy one then prices gone up more and yeah let’s hate all that’s have a pirate.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:Isnt there a new beta code for POTC? I cant wait to install it

Can you imagine just for a second what will happen if JJP drops new code for Pirates. The interest and desperation to buy one could go thru the roof. As a Pirates owner I'm hoping for a Pirates update... keep your fingers crossed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-69-with-extras?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.