7EBAD360-4004-46B5-890A-3D39CDE538D1 (resized).jpeg
6A29AC12-1A0D-42D3-BE01-21F534104FAF (resized).jpeg
4387CA91-D054-422C-B8B0-0D383C188E0D (resized).jpeg
F53701D7-DF3A-4966-9EFA-23CAAE169E6C (resized).jpeg
22D54D2F-D13E-4616-884C-8518800AD3A1 (resized).jpeg
69A7D2CE-3F45-496D-ADBB-05575D7F0A5B (resized).jpeg
97A381D4-A5A8-4732-A5DD-A9F76C29A708 (resized).jpeg
02619E92-20CC-478D-A03F-FD92813C534A (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Forget CC, this could be CGC game #4.

#52 3 years ago

I'd rather have six Stern premiums.

#53 3 years ago

I see he lowered the price hmmm... 39,500 or 37,500. Does this guy actually think $2000 drop is going to sell the game? C'mon! The game isn't worth 39, 37, 32, 29, 26 COME BACK TO PLANET EARTH!

Just because some whacko billion bought one for 30k doesn't mean yours all of a sudden has buyers lined up out the door to give you $37,500.00. You have to get LUCKY to find that type of buyer.

Do yourself a favor pull the ad and save yourself the downvotes, or get the back back under 30k then you might actually get something in the works.

#54 3 years ago

69... nice.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd rather have six Stern premiums.

Who said

#56 3 years ago

Ship has sailed on these, back to reality. 20k max for ce which apparently are all flawed anyways.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I see he lowered the price hmmm... 39,500 or 37,500. Does this guy actually think $2000 drop is going to sell the game? C'mon! The game isn't worth 39, 37, 32, 29, 26 COME BACK TO PLANET EARTH!
Just because some whacko billion bought one for 30k doesn't mean yours all of a sudden has buyers lined up out the door to give you $37,500.00. You have to get LUCKY to find that type of buyer.
Do yourself a favor pull the ad and save yourself the downvotes, or get the back back under 30k then you might actually get something in the works.

Are you seriously talking about shady for sale ads? Please stop talking before you embarrass yourself further as I'm sure we don't want to revisit your TBL ad.

Take your own advice and do yourself a favor - if you don't like the ad, that's your call but keep it to yourself. The caps make you sound like the same type of "whacko" who you believe bought one at 30.

which btw - this games sells 30 all day. Seller is a good guy - market is great right now so he's shooting for the moon. Sure. why not.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

which btw - this games sells 30 all day. Seller is a good guy - market is great right now so he's shooting for the moon. Sure. why not.

Can confirm, a friend of mine bought a Wonka CE from him and was gruntled. Vitty's good people.

And if you think his POTC CE price is high...mine is 100k. That's what it would take to shake it loose. Outrageous? Sure.

#59 3 years ago

OMG there was NOTHING shady about my TBL sale. I sold the game for $14,500 just because I didn't sell it to you doesn't make the ad shady. I've sold 100's of pinball games and never had a single issue with ANYONE as in EVER. Currently have about 30 machines and will be selling and buying a few more coming up. No issues here brother.

As to the price of this game you claim its worth 30k, that is false every game is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Lets not forget a year ago these sold for $15k, a few months ago 18k, then 20k, then it seemed settled at 25k and now someone wants 40k. PLEASE! You yourself just said its worth 30k, did you read what I said and repeat it? I said once he decides to price the game at 30k then maybe he might start getting some offers.

You'd have to be totally crazy to pay $40k for a pinball machine.

For 40k you could buy a brand new Big Lebowski, Batman 66 LE, Guns N Roses LE, and lets throw in a used Deadpool Pro all for under $40,000.

Pirates CE is an amazing game no doubt, but I repeat NO PINBALL game is worth 40k and its ridiculous to assume it is. Furthermore just because some very rare buyer slides along and pays an absurd amount for one doesn't mean the next guy can repeat the same price.

There is an old saying... you have to be in the right place at the right time and that rings true for pinball. The right buyer comes along at the right time you can make a big sale but what is the average that is going to be the normal.

Period. The price is absurd.

PS: If Pirates CE is worth 40k, which its not, what will Guns N Roses CE be worth a year from now 50k? What percentage of pinball buyers can afford to even pay 10k for a pinball game much less 50k. We're talking about a group so razor thin I say once again... right place at the right time. This guy wanting now $37,500 for his Pirates isn't going to get it because he's a dollar short and a day late. I would gamble that the majority of mega rich price means nothing pinball buyers have probably snapped up what they wanted. This guy needs to get the price back to planet earth even with your estimate of 30k he's still $7500 over that. C'mon.

Quoted from delt31:

Are you seriously talking about shady for sale ads? Please stop talking before you embarrass yourself further as I'm sure we don't want to revisit your TBL ad.

Take your own advice and do yourself a favor - if you don't like the ad, that's your call but keep it to yourself. The caps make you sound like the same type of "whacko" who you believe bought one at 30.

which btw - this games sells 30 all day. Seller is a good guy - market is great right now so he's shooting for the moon. Sure. why not

#60 3 years ago

It’s so fucking funny that everybody is hating everybody when a seller asks 39k for his pirates CE ( even tho I think the max would be around 30k) And 95% it’s the people complaining who wanted a pirates could not buy one then prices gone up more and yeah let’s hate all that’s have a pirate. But if he sold it for half his asking price,nobody would say hey I think you can get more for this game... stop bitching about PRICE!! Buy it if you can if you can’t shut the F up.

It’s not like you are selling your pirates or any pinball for a special price so the real pinball players at heart are more comfortable. In the end when you draw the line it’s all about money if it’s pirates or Adams or whatever . Stop sucking ya peep and play pinball!

#61 3 years ago

Says him. He literally said that, and you quoted him.

#62 3 years ago

FYI I own a Pirates and I'm happy I do because its an amazing game. Eric is on FIRE he's two of two and I can't wait for his third game. But just imagine for a second asking 40k for a pinball game, the guy with the 4k game thinks its worth 8k, and the guy with the Elvira Premium is now asking 12,500 that's an actual ad on the site right now. What do you think manufactures are thinking right now if people are really buying games for 25% to 4x more than they sold the game for NEW.

The pinball community the mass majority of them will be priced right out of the hobby. The same thing happened to the muscle car collector industry... someone paying 40k for any pinball game hurts the entire hobby. I'm here to tell you when Stern pro's go to $7k and Premiums go to 10k and LE go to 12-14k, a lot of people are going to STOP buying. Placing an ad that is PURE fantasy just doesn't help the hobby. Just my opinion.

Quoted from AMSNL:

It’s so fucking funny that everybody is hating everybody when a seller asks 39k for his pirates CE ( even tho I think the max would be around 30k) And 95% it’s the people complaining who wanted a pirates could not buy one then prices gone up more and yeah let’s hate all that’s have a pirate.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

FYI I own a Pirates and I'm happy I do because its an amazing game. Eric is on FIRE he's two of two and I can't wait for his third game. But just imagine for a second asking 40k for a pinball game, the guy with the 4k game thinks its worth 8k, and the guy with the Elvira Premium is now asking 12,500 that's an actual ad on the site right now. What do you think manufactures are thinking right now if people are really buying games for 25% to 4x more than they sold the game for NEW.
The pinball community the mass majority of them will be priced right out of the hobby. The same thing happened to the muscle car collector industry... someone paying 40k for any pinball game hurts the entire hobby. I'm here to tell you when Stern pro's go to $7k and Premiums go to 10k and LE go to 12-14k, a lot of people are going to STOP buying. Placing an ad that is PURE fantasy just doesn't help the hobby. Just my opinion.

So what you’re saying is there’s a correlation between car prices and pinball machine prices?
Fascinating.

#64 3 years ago

Thanks again for all the comments everyone. Enjoy reading the opinions. This one isn't for everyone no doubt about it. It's more than just a pinball machine, its a collectors item. It will continue to go up in value. Best of luck in your searches for one at a better price.

#65 3 years ago

Isnt there a new beta code for POTC? I cant wait to install it.

#66 3 years ago

All this discussion about what something is or isn't worth is funny. A "thing" is always worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you're not willing to pay it, then it's not worth it to you. You can ask $50k for each of your pins, probably wont get a buyer.
I'm sure he's had some offers. If he decides to sell to someone for what they want to pay and he wants to sell, then it's worth that.
The market will dictate itself. Not an individual ranting about what's worth what.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

69... nice.

For a BBB.

Price is shocking...as much as topper prices. Some guys buy them (while they don’t have the game) to sell them 3 or 4 or more times the price when they are out of stock.

How many POTC CE out there?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

For a BBB.

How many POTC CE out there?

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:Isnt there a new beta code for POTC? I cant wait to install it

Can you imagine just for a second what will happen if JJP drops new code for Pirates. The interest and desperation to buy one could go thru the roof. As a Pirates owner I'm hoping for a Pirates update... keep your fingers crossed.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This is what I love about pinside, clearly you’re choosing to be a smart ass. I was using collector cars as an example. Muscle cars was a hobby for people who’d put them in their garage and take 5 years putting it back together. They would take their cars to local car shows and cruises and basically kept the hobby alive and kicking. They were the guys who would scavenge junk yards for parts do everything by hand. Then all of a sudden cars became a collectible and prices soared to the point that the guys who kept the hobby blue collar couldn’t buy them anymore. A basic Trans Am once was $7500 now is $45,000 and the cool Trans Ams are 100k plus. What I’m saying is once the hobby goes down that path you end up pricing out the people who actually kept it alive. Let’s be honest here Stern didn’t save pinball, Stern didn’t keep it alive, the blue collar guys who kept playing and buying did. Stern can’t make pinball machines if no one plays or buys. The industry was kept going by the people who love pinball the most... now a game that was $800 a few years ago is now worth 8000. What? We’ll all start to feel the sting when Stern announces a PRO is $7500. Yes they will make fewer machines but their margins will be so much better it won’t matter.
The reason Pirates is so high is because pinballs have now become a new collectible for some people with a lot of money. These people are jumping in kind of late and playing catch up. They’re buying only the coolest most expensive most sought after games and driving up prices. The real question is are there enough very wealthy people to buy up all these games or was it a passing thing... meaning they got in there and bought up a bunch of stuff and that’s it. Or do they pass the bug onto their other rich friends and this keeps happening. The ultimate point here is this... these games are NOT worth 40k because 99% of people who are the buyer/players/sellers don’t have that kind of money. If pinball really becomes the next big thing for wealthy people to collect like ARTWORK or RARE EXOTIC cars then you can expect the super cool pinballs to skyrocket. That isn’t good for the blue collar pinball guy who kept this hobby in business thru thick and thin. Manufactures shouldn’t be confused by who the core audience is by some fluke sale of a game.

Can you imagine just for a second what will happen if JJP drops new code for Pirates. The interest and desperation to buy one could go thru the roof.

Depending on who you ask all pinball games are collector items, so are autographs, toys, cars, stamp collections. You can’t say the value will only go up, because you’re trying to sell a game for 40k and you have NO TAKERS! So from my perspective you’re wrong. Everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay and that is that. You placed an add and said I’m going to be the guy who tries to break the record and what you’ve found so far is ... no takers.
Lower the price down to 30k and maybe and I mean maybe there is someone out there with that kind of money to buy a pinball machine. Depending on the college, 30k can put you kid thru college, buy a new car, down payment on a house, put a new roof on the house, blah, blah. The price you put on this game is a price that says I’m looking for the one in a million, or I don’t really want to sell it.
I do NOT think this game or any pinball game is worth 40k not today, not tomorrow not ever. The fact is JJP, Stern and other companies will keep coming out with amazing games and eventually people move on to the newest and greatest. Guns N Roses CE are selling for 20k, if Pirates is worth 40k then Guns CE should be worth twice that money.
I’m a firm believer in selling something for what you can get... but 40k no way.
With that being said when JJP next game is released I expect the price will be higher but not by the same percentages that some are trying to cash in. You mention this game is collectible, but ALL pinball games are collectible not just this one. Another fact you failed to mention is ALL collectibles values go up and down based on the economy and the rarity. With that being said if JJP makes 500 more Pirates, which I hope they do, the guy who paid 40k for one is going to be singing the blues. Look at prices for Cactus Canyon, Aliens, Attack from Mars, Monster Bash, Big Lebowski ... when the manufacture made more copies the prices of the original ones crashed. Big Lebowski you can buy new for $12,500 why would someone pay 20k now? Cactus Canyon 2 years ago got up to 20k now I see people asking 10k. Alien got up and over 20k now I see people selling them for a TON less... so your theory of prices continuing to climb doesn’t hold water.
It proves out a point that there is a point where you’ve exceeded the means of the mass majority of buyers and you’ve done that in spades.

Sorry only made it through 1/4 of your soap box. IF you want his game so badly just make him an offer already?!!!! The car example is completely meaningless. Yes some cars proved to be collectable so what. There are still MANYYYYYY other cars people can buy and enjoy just like pinball. Don't like the 1x-5x inflation start shopping in a different lot. Who are you or We to tell the seller what is right??? or wrong? Is my TZ, MM, etc worth 10x what I paid for them. Hell yeah! Some things just appreciate faster then others but you nor We decide when. Make him an offer (seems yours is 30k) or step off the box and walk away. Just a thought.....

#71 3 years ago

Hahahaha THAT^^ I think drfrightner looked @ his bank account this morning and though fuck still not enough for that pirates CE on pinside.... FML let me throw out some shizzle here then and shit a rainbow

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

FYI I own a Pirates and I'm happy I do because its an amazing game. Eric is on FIRE he's two of two and I can't wait for his third game.

Sadly, he IS two for two. Both his games have bad playfield issues and his third game is bound to, as well. He needs to work where he can get more opportunities to make games faster and with less quality issues.

As of now, his value is being squandered.

#73 3 years ago

For all the detractors, note that Vitty is 35/3 on sales. He sells great games, he is a guy with whom it is very easy to buy/sell. His games usually sell same day.

#74 2 years ago

I’m always easy to deal with too when I double my money on a machine

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

And if you think his POTC CE price is high...mine is 100k. That's what it would take to shake it loose. Outrageous? Sure.

You know the old saying in pinball “there are no keepers” well congratulations looks like you found one!

#76 2 years ago

Go Vitty

Next month these things will be trading at 45k. Can’t believe I was able to get one ☝️ n the 20s.

#77 2 years ago

Price police are slow pokes that waste time lamenting prices versus buying.

Complain when the game is 17k, miss it, and miss huge upside.

Complain all you want; who tf cares?

If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it, and mind your own business.

#78 2 years ago

I would pay 39k just not to look at Johnny Depp in the middle of the playfield.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Thanks again for all the comments everyone. Enjoy reading the opinions. This one isn't for everyone no doubt about it. It's more than just a pinball machine, its a collectors item. It will continue to go up in value. Best of luck in your searches for one at a better price.

It can be remade. Ask those who bought MMs for $20K.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

It can be remade. Ask those who bought MMs for $20K.

Um, CEs can't. What's out there is all there will ever be.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I would pay 39k just not to look at Johnny Depp in the middle of the playfield.

Well then your in luck Johnny Depp is not the center piece on the CE. Congrats you found your game.

#82 2 years ago

Hi all...

For those that think the price north of 30K is a fantasy for Pirates..

I just sold my CE #32 for $32,500. I will deliver the machine to him personally.

Yep....in about three days.

Yes I made some money. The buyer knows what I paid for it and exactly how much I’m making on it.

Did it hurt to sell...YES....I will never be able to own one again. Did the selling price lessen the pain...yes as well.

I am grateful to the buyer and we had a great discussion about his current collection of CEs. He is happy with his purchase and I am happy with the sale.

When I put this machine for sale there was a thread started on it...it was amazing how many people were angry at me for simply selling my machine for a profit. I couldn’t believe it as I am new to this hobby. The thread was closed due to the haters.

There were people who even refused to believe that these machines were selling in this price range...I’m here to tell you....YOU STAAND CORRECTED.

Please, if this angers you....stop...just stop. You look dumb.

You live in a free country. Enjoy it.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Vitty is a super good guy. One of the best guys I’ve had the pleasure of dealing with in pinball. Prices are nuts these days. I get it. But if you’re looking for a nice game and a nicer guy to deal with, well here you go!

nice guy i see that bend over and stick it with no vasoline. great pinsider. ridiculous

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Morrisongd:

Hi all...
For those that think the price north of 30K is a fantasy for Pirates..
I just sold my CE #32 for $32,500. I will deliver the machine to him personally.
Yep....in about three days.
Yes I made some money. The buyer knows what I paid for it and exactly how much I’m making on it.
Did it hurt to sell...YES....I will never be able to own one again. Did the selling price lessen the pain...yes as well.
I am grateful to the buyer and we had a great discussion about his current collection of CEs. He is happy with his purchase and I am happy with the sale.
When I put this machine for sale there was a thread started on it...it was amazing how many people were angry at me for simply selling my machine for a profit. I couldn’t believe it as I am new to this hobby. The thread was closed due to the haters.
There were people who even refused to believe that these machines were selling in this price range...I’m here to tell you....YOU STAAND CORRECTED.
Please, if this angers you....stop...just stop. You look dumb.
You live in a free country. Enjoy it.

Congrats on the sale Gavin!

#85 2 years ago

Added free shipping to the price. Will have the best of the best pinhauler hand deliver this machine to you to avoid the perils of shipping STI/freight.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

nice guy i see that bend over and stick it with no vasoline. great pinsider. ridiculous

Vitty is a super nice guy. If you don’t want to buy the machine, then don’t. It’s his game and he can sell it for what ever he wants. Why do you think you have any say in what someone else wants to do with their game? Do you really feel that entitled?

Do you think you’re a nice guy for shaming people in what they do with their belongings? It’s his game. It’s not yours. He is free to do what he wants with it. What’s so hard to understand here?

Your train of thought baffles me.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Vitty is a super nice guy. If you don’t want to buy the machine, then don’t. It’s his game and he can sell it for what ever he wants. Why do you think you have any say in what someone else wants to do with their game? Do you really feel that entitled?
Do you think you’re a nice guy for shaming people in what they do with their belongings? It’s his game. It’s not yours. He is free to do what he wants with it. What’s so hard to understand here?
Your train of thought baffles me.

Free thread bumps. Good, bad, it’s all internet jibber jab. Entitlement is based on seller choosing to have settings for thread on with sale and comments set to on.

#88 2 years ago

Lowered price to my floor as quoted to a number of inquisitors. This price is firm and does include shipping.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

THIS. IS. NOT. A. CHARITY. I feel like I have to say it like that now... This is a free market where people can buy and sell at whatever price they agreed upon. Don't like it? Awesome, then don't buy what YOU think is overpriced or whatever. Given what we *think* we know about the current market, price seems fair to me. If you've got $100K I'll sell you my POTC CE no problem, but I suspect you'll accuse me of some sort of imaginary crime too...

Jeff

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

THIS. IS. NOT. A. CHARITY. I feel like I have to say it like that now... This is a free market where people can buy and sell at whatever price they agreed upon. Don't like it? Awesome, then don't buy what YOU think is overpriced or whatever. Given what we *think* we know about the current market, price seems fair to me. If you've got $100K I'll sell you my POTC CE no problem, but I suspect you'll accuse me of some sort of imaginary crime too...
Jeff

This is also an open forum that the seller chose to provide with their ad. Don't like it? Too bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-69-with-extras/page/2?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.