(Topic ID: 163784)

FS: Allied Leisure Dyn O' Mite, Restored & Working, $550!!!!

By ForceFlow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dynomite.gif
motherjugs_(resized).jpg
efd5050f1adbb32b8a0ef40f4c4d534c1d942bb3_(resized).jpg
cb51d41679b9d1163fb182f35b0f461c19b14a3e_(resized).jpg
3bf0ca7d2fa593830366cb388b972ecd13281154_(resized).jpg
5269a63385c466e3abbe47381d35dcf943107749_(resized).jpg
7718667e88fc25a07c9d58cabb9eda022b833ea8_(resized).jpg
7c5a3d1c5a1b8b891402c325d25be56cfd0eebe4_(resized).jpg
d6152617dc3bf721480294044da2471c48aa0d00_(resized).jpg
dyn2_(resized).jpg
dyn3_(resized).jpg
dyn1_(resized).jpg
20160708083248635_(resized).jpg
20160708083315200_(resized).jpg
20160708083323656_(resized).jpg
20160708083331847_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS: Allied Leisure Dyn O' Mite, Restored & Working, $550!!!!

Added: 2016-07-08 05:23:35 UTC • Ended: August 14th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 550

Here is an Allied Leisure Dyn 'O Mite for sale (also written as Dynomite). This is one of the first solid state games ever produced and it preceded any of the electronic games manufactured by Bally, Stern, Williams, and Gottlieb.

Working examples of this game appear to be very rare. Production numbers are unknown. Many, many hours of work went into bringing this game back from the dead.

Surprisingly, this is a fairly fast game to play, has good flow, and challenging shots to keep you on your toes, especially since all the drop targets operate independently of each other, and outlane gates can be opened & closed after hitting certain targets. The flippers are strong and snappy.

All the technical documentation is included--the manual, theory of operation guide, and schematics. Additionally, I wrote up pretty much all the repair info you see on pinwiki, so that supplementary information is available as well.

If you need assistance with any problems that surface while you own it, I would be willing to help troubleshoot or offer suggestions as best as I am able, since I spent a lot of time going through this machine and am reasonably familiar with it.

A few spare circuit boards and a spare display are included.

This game has been disassembled, cleaned, and shopped. Many problem areas with this game system have also been addressed with the intention of trying to make it as reliable as possible.

Since 90% of the original barrel connectors were corroded, all of the barrel connectors have been repinned (that's over 400 individual pins!)

The backglass is perfect--no scratches, flaking, or peeling of any kind.

The displays are fully working and all the segments light up properly.

The playfield is in nice condition overall, but has a few minor flaws--a couple small dings and some very minor wear.

The playfield has been stripped down and cleaned. Magic erasers have been used on the playfield. There have been some black line touch-ups done. The playfield has been waxed with Blitz.

A new pop bumper cap has been installed. The original is included, but is slightly melted from the heat of the bulb.

PETG washers have been installed under all the plastics to help protect them from any potential damage.

The post holes on the two large upper plastics have been enlarged at some point to fit onto the post holes--either at the factory (since the posts haven't moved) or by a previous owner. It isn't really noticeable unless you're looking closely.

New foam pads have been installed behind all the standup targets.

Most of the original electrolytic capacitors have been replaced to ensure reliable game operation.

The original 5v fixed regulator was faulty and has been replaced with an adjustable 5v regulator and a new circuit to handle the adjustments.

All the playfield lamp sockets have been replaced. The coin door lamp sockets have been replaced. There were no problems with the backbox lamp sockets, so those are still original.

All the bulbs have been replaced with brand new #44 bulbs. The blinker bulbs are original GE-branded #455 bulbs.

All the coil sleeves have been replaced.

Two bad coils were replaced (outhole kicker coil and one of the chime coils).

The original faulty fuse holders have been replaced with reliable modern holders.

The original flipper bats have been replaced with NOS flipper bats and bushings from a generation 2 game, since generation 1 parts are unavailable. There are cosmetic differences between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 flipper bats, but there is no change in gameplay.

I reproduced the flipper decals.

NOS flipper buttons have been installed.

NOS plastic 50 cent coin plates have been installed on the coin door and backed with mylar to prevent scratches on the paint. The original 25 cent plates are included, but have some wear and scratches in them and didn't look quite as nice.

The coin door, chime assembly, and tilt bob assembly have all been fully disassembled and cleaned. 

The lockbar has been cleaned, buffed, and waxed, and new beer seal has been applied.

New playfield glass has been installed.

I reproduced the instruction & score cards to be as identical to the originals as possible.

A Free play switch is stacked on top of the credit button. Easily disabled/removed if coin play is desired. If there is more than 1 credit loaded and you hold the credit button for too long, it will start a 2-player game (this is not an actual fault with the game, but the way it was designed. It might be able to be fixed with a timing delay circuit, like the ones present for the coin switches).

The cabinet is a little rough. There are some scratches and gouges and a few minor mismatched touch-ups done by a previous owner. A large section on the right side of the cabinet was repainted to cover and unsightly area with scratches, gouges, and previous mismatched touch-ups that were not removable.

All game logic and playfield mechanisms are working 100%.

Item photos

2016-07-08_01.22.17_(resized).jpg
20160707185431141_(resized).jpg
20160707185439328_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ForceFlow's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ForceFlow's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 500

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Ballston Spa, NY, US

#2 7 years ago

20160708083340714_(resized).jpg20160708083340714_(resized).jpg

20160708083354837_(resized).jpg20160708083354837_(resized).jpg

20160708083331847_(resized).jpg20160708083331847_(resized).jpg

20160708083323656_(resized).jpg20160708083323656_(resized).jpg

20160708083315200_(resized).jpg20160708083315200_(resized).jpg

20160708083248635_(resized).jpg20160708083248635_(resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Nice work! and lots of it!

This game has special memories for me. I was present at one of the public media press releases of this game.

Quite a scene with media at a billiard hall, in the summer of 1975, as we left games like flicker, sky king, and river delta (Delta Queen) behind, to see the first digital scoring game!

And 4 center placed drop targets! Wow! You think GB Scoleri brothers are tough! These guys make this game a rare challenge!

Super nice work you did on this, and I know you put more time and love then anyone else would.

Rare Game, and one working and restored....WOW!

I dont think any will show up for sale here.....

If you dont sell it, you can bring it to me here!!!

Pinball History here!!!

GLWTS

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Art

Yep, I put in an unfathomable number of hours bringing this game back from that dead. Now it appears to be a pretty solid game.

I'm hoping it will find a good home

#5 7 years ago

Never have seen one of these before and while walking around Pintastic last night I was like "oh look at this nice little EM... holy hell it's a SS!".

Super fun game and it played fantastically! Hoping this finds a good owner.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Never have seen one of these before and while walking around Pintastic last night I was like "oh look at this nice little EM... holy hell it's a SS!".
Super fun game and it played fantastically! Hoping this finds a good owner.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it

#7 7 years ago

Mid-day price drop: now $---!

#8 7 years ago

I have the four player version Boogie. A really fun machine. Those four drops are way fun, plus the outlane gates make it so you can earn on playfield specials. LOUD chimes, and JJ Walker to boot! Really fun game. Hard to get all 10 stand ups. If you didn't look up at the displays, you almost couldn't tell it wasn't an EM.

Somebody's missing out.

#9 7 years ago

Played it this morning--thanks for bringing it. Played great.

#10 7 years ago

Dinner time fire sale--$---!

#11 7 years ago

Ouch! Lets find Rick or Anyone that is driving back through Florida!

#12 7 years ago

Bump for a great seller. Adam since you. repinned yours are you ready to come to Arkansas and repin my Rock On? Mine needs the same treatment.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Bump for a great seller. Adam since you. repinned yours are you ready to come to Arkansas and repin my Rock On? Mine needs the same treatment.

Haha, that was quite a job. It helps to do it a connector at a time and not all at once.

#14 7 years ago

Ok, it crushes me to do this, but here it goes--$--- if I don't have to haul it home. If I haul it home, it will not be offered again at this price.

A bargin for this interesting piece of history and a game that has been fully shopped and plays really well.

If you would need tech support or advice on it at some point, I would be willing to help out if I can.

#15 7 years ago

I enjoyed playing it at Pintastic. Thanks for bringing it, and GLWS.

#16 7 years ago

well that's my kinda price but i'm in ohio

i didn't think you'd need it but good luck

#17 7 years ago

DynOMite at a blow out price!

#18 7 years ago

It's a really great pin for sure! If I'd been in the market for an EM, I definitely would have considered it! Someone should snag this deal!

#19 7 years ago

I think Adam put 550 hours of labor ino this - works out to $1 an hour......

#20 7 years ago

Well, the show is basically done, and I will be bringing the game back home with me. The special show price is no longer in effect.

The game was trouble free for the entire show, which racked up 399 plays.

I'm glad so many folks had the opportunity to play and enjoy this rare title.

#21 7 years ago

I'd just like to point this out: if you need assistance with any problems that surface while you own this machine, I would be willing to help troubleshoot or offer suggestions as best as I am able, since I spent a lot of time going through this machine and am reasonably familiar with it.

#22 7 years ago

the only three pictures I took at Pintastic...LOL

dyn1_(resized).jpgdyn1_(resized).jpg

dyn3_(resized).jpgdyn3_(resized).jpg

dyn2_(resized).jpgdyn2_(resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

awesome!

#24 7 years ago

Unfortunately I didn't get to play this at Pintastic as this title was my first pin and I never got it fully working 100%(daniml has it now)
Hopefully the new owner will bring it back( it is still
My avatar)

#25 7 years ago

Taking offers, folks--I need the space for some new stuff coming in. I'm taking a big loss on this game already, but if it goes to someone who I know is going to appreciate it, it'll make me happy.

When was the last time anyone saw a fully working Dynomite for sale?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

When was the last time anyone saw a fully working Dynomite for sale?

Never, very cool looking game.

#27 7 years ago

As Mike said, I currently own the one he had and playing Adams game has encouraged me to pull it from the project pile to get it up-and-running. Funny thing is that there are multiple comments regarding this pin in the Pintastic thread. Someone even said it was one of his two favourite pins in the whole show.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

As Mike said, I currently own the one he had and playing Adams game has encouraged me to pull it from the project pile to get it up-and-running. Funny thing is that there are multiple comments regarding this pin in the Pintastic thread. Someone even said it was one of his two favourite pins in the whole show.

If you need any of the paperwork, let me know--I made scans of mine. There should be a manual, theory of operation guide, schematics for each board, and a wiring schematic for the game.

Also, be sure to look through the pinwiki page, if you haven't already. I added a bunch of info that I had to figure out on my own which was left out of all the paperwork (such as connector and pin designations).

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=ALI/Fascination_Repair

#29 7 years ago

Bump.

While I would prefer to free up some space, I might be open to interesting full or partial trades for working games or working/non-working projects (with artwork in decent condition).

#30 7 years ago

It's a keeper and you know it.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

It's a keeper and you know it.

I've had my fun with it and am ready to work on something new

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

... ready to work on something new

LED displays.

It would be cool to know how. You never know when you might get a deal on an otherwise nice Rock On.......

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

LED displays.
It would be cool to know how. You never know when you might get a deal on an otherwise nice Rock On.......

I'm not nearly good enough with electronics to design something from scratch, unfortunately.

I have thought about it, though. These displays would be perfect to drop in a PCB with LED display blocks in it. I still have another Allied Leisure game to mess around with yet, so who knows.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm not nearly good enough with electronics to design something from scratch, unfortunately.
I have thought about it, though. These displays would be perfect to drop in a PCB with LED display blocks in it. I still have another Allied Leisure game to mess around with yet, so who knows.

It appears pretty simple on the schematic. The displays aren't multiplexed like newfangled computerized games. The display segments are all driven separately - each digit with its own DS8880 chip. Not sure if the DS8880 is compatible with leds but if not it looks like they could be replaced by 7447s which would drive leds or numitrons.

I know it isn't generally approved of around here but the electronics types have a long tradition of, dare I say it, experimenting. Every so often the smoke comes out of a part and you scrape it off and glue a new one on.

#35 7 years ago

Well, sounds like you have a good head start on the idea so far...when will you have a prototype ready?

#36 7 years ago

Ordered a few digits to play with. Should show up before too long. Not the right size for final install but cheap enough. I will see if I can get a couple segments lit and go from there.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Ordered a few digits to play with. Should show up before too long. Not the right size for final install but cheap enough. I will see if I can get a couple segments lit and go from there.

Hey, further that's further than I got. Good luck--hope it goes well

#38 7 years ago

It looks do-able.

#40 7 years ago

Need to clear some space...price bump

#42 7 years ago

Another price drop--this is really a nice looking and playing game, folks. You probably won't see another in this condition or otherwise.

#43 7 years ago

Ok, this is breaking my heart here, but I need the space--another price bump

Fully working game, nice condition, rare title, and a good player. Plus, spare circuit boards, a spare display, all the paperwork, and a lifeline for troubleshooting help if you need it. What more can you ask for?

#44 7 years ago

You people are killing me! This is a very fun, very EM-y game, with all kinds of extras, and a piece of history to boot. What the heck?!
C'mon. You won't regret it.
(FF: I'll take that spare display off your hands for my Boogie!)

#45 7 years ago

You may just have to pack it up and put it in a corner some where. I'd love to have it but it's not the right time now and even if I had the spare change distance is a problem. Maybe you'll have to try another show.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

(FF: I'll take that spare display off your hands for my Boogie!)

Only if you take the game along with it

Here's a gameplay video of this game. It was recorded before repairs were fully complete, but it should give you an idea of what the gameplay is like.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You may just have to pack it up and put it in a corner some where.

Well, that's pretty much how it sits right now.

#48 7 years ago

Cool game in great shape for a steal, WIWC. Bump!

#49 7 years ago

It seems I neglected to upload some of the other photos I have. I thought I included them in the first post. Oh well, here they are.

5269a63385c466e3abbe47381d35dcf943107749_(resized).jpg5269a63385c466e3abbe47381d35dcf943107749_(resized).jpg3bf0ca7d2fa593830366cb388b972ecd13281154_(resized).jpg3bf0ca7d2fa593830366cb388b972ecd13281154_(resized).jpg7718667e88fc25a07c9d58cabb9eda022b833ea8_(resized).jpg7718667e88fc25a07c9d58cabb9eda022b833ea8_(resized).jpgd6152617dc3bf721480294044da2471c48aa0d00_(resized).jpgd6152617dc3bf721480294044da2471c48aa0d00_(resized).jpgcb51d41679b9d1163fb182f35b0f461c19b14a3e_(resized).jpgcb51d41679b9d1163fb182f35b0f461c19b14a3e_(resized).jpgefd5050f1adbb32b8a0ef40f4c4d534c1d942bb3_(resized).jpgefd5050f1adbb32b8a0ef40f4c4d534c1d942bb3_(resized).jpg7c5a3d1c5a1b8b891402c325d25be56cfd0eebe4_(resized).jpg7c5a3d1c5a1b8b891402c325d25be56cfd0eebe4_(resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago

Another $25 off. Pre-weekend price bump

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pintastic-dyn-o-mite-allied-leisure-1975/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.