(Topic ID: 216844)

PinFoots now available with felt bottoms.

By Bryan_Kelly

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by heni1977
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1300 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1299 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1300 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1299 (resized).jpg
    PF_WE.jpg
    BK pacman (resized).jpg
    BK qc 2 (resized).jpg
    BK qc (resized).jpg
    EEC31E61-60A4-4E6F-AEE1-97CD6790EE96 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    9694DFF1-C2D0-4E97-9865-97529A82FE4F (resized).jpeg
    A10D68F8-7598-47DC-8CEF-99522703172B (resized).jpeg
    F97C06B9-50EC-4D5B-B681-06157360E475 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    bk_wood.png
    612UiGpvVWL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not sure how I’m going to finish this set yet.

I'd go with a very light stain (something like Varathane natural) or maybe just a clear matte poly to preserve the contrast between pale grain and dark burls. Medium or dark stain would hide the natural beauty.

#202 5 years ago

Such patina. Wonderful.

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

And you should talk to someone in the quality department!

Let one of these through and it's a QC issue. Find 4 of them and it's a sales opportunity!

#204 5 years ago

It's a feature not a flaw.

Jack the price up 10x and call them "Live edge PinFoots"

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not sure how I’m going to finish this set yet.
    [quoted image]

Just a fuse?

#206 5 years ago

Received my order of wall hugger's & love em Thanks again

#207 5 years ago

Auction off highest bidder at Terrys pinball party. Then make a donation to your foundation.

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Auction off highest bidder at Terrys pinball party. Then make a donation to your foundation.

That's not really practical at Terry's, but I'd be more than happy to sell them here and donate the proceeds.

#209 5 years ago

label them as "limited edition: 1 of 1" with a stamp inside the recessed area like this:

BK qc (resized).jpgBK qc (resized).jpg

edit:
    here's another few suggestions:
    BK qc 2 (resized).jpgBK qc 2 (resized).jpg
    and
    BK pacman (resized).jpgBK pacman (resized).jpg

#210 5 years ago

These should deff be signed!

#211 5 years ago

So are you done restoring machines or just done making the pinfeet? Sorry if this was already asked.

#212 5 years ago

If you burnt the wood a bit around the imperfections, you could sell them as special editions for AC/DC or Kiss pins. Maybe put a few red dot paint embers in the darkest areas.

#213 5 years ago

i think i'm gonna order a set just to say i was a part of this......then I can get in on the "remember when...." posts in the future.

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

label them as "limited edition: 1 of 1" with a stamp inside the recessed area like this:
    [quoted image]

edit:
    here's another few suggestions:
    [quoted image]
    and
    [quoted image]

Where the hell were you when I started these 15 years ago!

Quoted from GreenMachine19:

So are you done restoring machines or just done making the pinfeet? Sorry if this was already asked.

I'm actually done with both. The shop I've been using for the last 20 years or so will soon be sold and I've got nowhere else to do this. The last batch of Foots gets sprayed tomorrow.

While I will no longer be doing full blown restores (I've got nowhere to do the cabinet work), I'm still able to do playfield swaps. In fact, I've got a couple of those coming up.

#215 5 years ago

For those interested in a piece of history.

THE VERY LAST SET EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fa-ugliest-set-of-pinfoots-ever-made#post-4598951

#216 5 years ago

Sorry to hear about this I’ve always enjoyed your resto documentation threads. You do fantastic work.

1 week later
    #217 5 years ago

9 sets go out this morning.

#218 5 years ago

bryan,
    I received mine the other day. thank you again

#219 5 years ago

23 sets going out this morning. Someone's game room carpet is going to be very happy.

#220 5 years ago

Just a FYI...I'll be offering Foots with felt bottoms soon. This is for all you guys that have your games on tile and hardwood floors.

I've been inundated with felt requests (not really, I've just always wanted to say that). I've actually had enough requests that I'm willing to offer the option.

Price will be an extra $3 a set. Felt has been ordered and I'll post pics as soon as it comes.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just a FYI...I'll be offering Foots with felt bottoms soon. This is for all you guys that have your games on tile and hardwood floors.
    I've been inundated with felt requests (not really, I've just always wanted to say that). I've actually had enough requests that I'm willing to offer the option.
    Price will be an extra $3 a set. Felt has been ordered and I'll post pics as soon as it comes.

sure, sure. discontinue your product and then offer an update. have you been talking to gary stern again?

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

sure, sure. discontinue your product and then offer an update. have you been talking to gary stern again?

It's the VE version Foot.

#223 5 years ago

Very Elderly?

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Very Elderly?

Don't be a dick, Yancy!

#225 5 years ago

Soon to be released, PinFoots Walker Edition (WE), only available in sets of 4 unless you already have tennis balls on the legs.

Brad

PF_WE.jpgPF_WE.jpg
    #226 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Soon to be released, PinFoots Walker Edition (WE), only available in sets of 4 unless you already have tennis balls on the legs.
    Brad[quoted image]

I kinda like that, Brad. I can put felt on the bottom for those tile floors at the nursing home.

1 week later
    #227 5 years ago

For those with tile or hardwood floors, PinFoots are now available with felt bottoms. $28 a set.

The first post in this thread has been updated with all the info you should need.

BUY NOW!!

IMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1300 (resized).jpgIMG_1300 (resized).jpg
    #228 5 years ago

Oh that’s just sexy!!

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

Oh that’s just sexy!!

Hell yeah!!

#230 5 years ago

The manufacturing of PinFoots will not end after all?

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

The manufacturing of PinFoots will not end after all?

The manufacturing has ended. I won't be making any more. I was able to stockpile a few sets before the shop closed, though.

#232 5 years ago

Wait ... you felt whose bottom?

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pinfoots-back-in-stock/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.