(Topic ID: 216844)

PinFoots now available with felt bottoms.

By Bryan_Kelly

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by heni1977
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1300 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1299 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1300 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1299 (resized).jpg
    PF_WE.jpg
    BK pacman (resized).jpg
    BK qc 2 (resized).jpg
    BK qc (resized).jpg
    EEC31E61-60A4-4E6F-AEE1-97CD6790EE96 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    9694DFF1-C2D0-4E97-9865-97529A82FE4F (resized).jpeg
    A10D68F8-7598-47DC-8CEF-99522703172B (resized).jpeg
    F97C06B9-50EC-4D5B-B681-06157360E475 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    bk_wood.png
    612UiGpvVWL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

unless some other dumb ass decides to make them.

I'll wait for the demand to go back up. PinFoots-r

#152 5 years ago

Had a lot of fun in this place over the years but I knew this day would finally come.

F97C06B9-50EC-4D5B-B681-06157360E475 (resized).jpegF97C06B9-50EC-4D5B-B681-06157360E475 (resized).jpeg
    #153 5 years ago

i hear there is a nice shop in the Benton, WI area you can use

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i hear there is a nice shop in the Benton, WI area you can use

I'm fully aware of that but the comute's a killer.

#155 5 years ago

They have services that drive the elderly around... would you like me to look into that for you?

#156 5 years ago

Are these safe for hardwood floors?

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from bdaley6509:

Are these safe for hardwood floors?

I've never tried them on hardwood but I don't think you'd have an issue. The bottom is sanded baby butt smooth. I've also done them in the past with felt applied to the bottom.

#158 5 years ago

Make your last few sets "Supreme limited " versions.....

#159 5 years ago

In for three sets. Dark if possible.

Thanks,

Tim

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

In for three sets. Dark if possible.
    Thanks,
    Tim

..... And i promised myself I'd be family friendly.....

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If your name is Charlie Emery or you’re involved with Spooky Pinball, I’m willing to do custom orders.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Those stained black @bryan_kelly? Could you make extra to sell to those of us who would love a couple black sets? Thanks dude.

#162 5 years ago

Maybe but the barn outright?

It might be a good investment or write-off for some of us?

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Those stained black bryan_kelly? Could you make extra to sell to those of us who would love a couple black sets? Thanks dude.

Anyone interested in black, Please reply in this thread. I will make a run if enough people are interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-custom-black-pinfoots#post-4548363

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe but the barn outright?
    It might be a good investment or write-off for some of us?

Sadly, the barn/shop is on about 3 acres of land along with a house and there's no simple way to divide things up. Besides, I only use the shop maybe a weeks worth of time a month so it's hardly worth it to invest in anything.

When things go up for sale, it'll make a perfect hobby farm for some handy guy.

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sadly, the barn/shop is on about 3 acres of land along with a house and there's no simple way to divide things up. Besides, I only use the shop maybe a weeks worth of time a month so it's hardly worth it to invest in anything.
    When things go up for sale, it'll make a perfect hobby farm for some handy guy.

Well I guess it will be an opportunity to make a new friend!
    Maybe...

#166 5 years ago

7 more sets out the door.

#167 5 years ago

I would be in for a set of black if you do a run....

#168 5 years ago

If you have not got these you better!
    Pin foots look a lot better then carpet sliders!!!!

A10D68F8-7598-47DC-8CEF-99522703172B (resized).jpegA10D68F8-7598-47DC-8CEF-99522703172B (resized).jpeg
    #169 5 years ago
    Quoted from BOHICA:

I would be in for a set of black if you do a run....

Anyone else looking for the black version, let me know ASAP. I'm making one more run of them and then that's it!

#170 5 years ago

Not to be a "smart ass" but why not just carry both black and natural finish as well as unfinished as long as you are making and selling these? It doesn't seem like selling one finish over another should be any huge deal and if you offered them unfinished then the "select few" who want darker stained so something custom could do what they wanted with them also. Just curious?

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Not to be a "smart ass" but why not just carry both black and natural finish as well as unfinished as long as you are making and selling these? It doesn't seem like selling one finish over another should be any huge deal and if you offered them unfinished then the "select few" who want darker stained so something custom could do what they wanted with them also. Just curious?

I'd be more than happy to sell them unfinished, in fact, I've had two people ask for them. Once they were done, I never heard back from them again.

Long story short, I'm losing the shop I make these in, so once I'm done with the oak stock I've got left, that's it. I'll make no more. Also, natural oak is more popular than the black, so when the end is near, I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of black when I could have easily sold the natural.

#172 5 years ago

Bryan,

The way they seem to sell for you I doubt you would be "stuck" with either. I think if I was in you shoes I would make a couple hundred "extra sets" and put them in a closet or something at your house. I can't see the demand ending once you stop making them and knowing woodworking I can't see how you are not making decent money on these so "extras" would make a lot of sense in my eyes.

If I wasn't already involved in way too many other things I think I would consider following your lead and starting to make them once you were finished but I just don't have any extra time at this point in life. Hopefully someone else will take over because they are a pretty cool idea.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Bryan,
    The way they seem to sell for you I doubt you would be "stuck" with either. I think if I was in you shoes I would make a couple hundred "extra sets" and put them in a closet or something at your house.

I wish it were that easy. My time in the shop is running out.

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I wish it were that easy. My time in the shop is running out.

I not sure why "the shop" is so important. What kind of tools are needed for this? A drill press, router and sander? Can't you just get some of those for your garage?

#175 5 years ago

I not sure why "the shop" is so important. What kind of tools are needed for this? A drill press, router and sander? Can't you just get some of those for your garage?

He Is getting pretty old from what I hear.. lol I can say that cause I already got my awesome footies!

#176 5 years ago

I will buy a set of pin foots, but I also need to get my AFM playfield clearcoated. Let's hook it up!

#177 5 years ago

You haven't seen my garage. I don't do that shit in my garage.

#178 5 years ago

17 more sets went out this morning.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

17 more sets went out this morning.

Thanks for the update !

#180 5 years ago

And you thought wall huggers were a joke.

9694DFF1-C2D0-4E97-9865-97529A82FE4F (resized).jpeg9694DFF1-C2D0-4E97-9865-97529A82FE4F (resized).jpeg
    #181 5 years ago

That is a good way to use up the "scrap wood"! Great idea plus why waste something that "almost works"? Who knows they might end up being your best sellers! Keep up the great work!

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

[quoted image]

Not at all I've been doing that for all my games in the loft. I cut them on my radial arm saw right up to the cut out for the leveler. Never know when you might need that extra inch

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from psd4me:

Not at all I've been doing that for all my games in the loft. I cut them on my radial arm saw right up to the cut out for the leveler. Never know when you might need that extra inch

TWSS...

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

[quoted image]

I'd like 4 sets of wall huggers please!

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

I'd like 4 sets of wall huggers please!

I'm more than happy to ship internationally but I only ship USPS Priority Mail and it gets expensive. As an example, Australia would be $78.95 for a medium flat rate which is what you'd need for 4 sets. I've had some guys combine orders to get to 10 sets, which also fits in a medium box.

You can always PM me if you have any questions.

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm more than happy to ship internationally but I only ship USPS Priority Mail and it gets expensive. As an example, Australia would be $78.95 for a medium flat rate which is what you'd need for 4 sets. I've had some guys combine orders to get to 10 sets, which also fits in a medium box.

Holy hell!

#187 5 years ago

You can go here and calculate the shipping costs.

https://postcalc.usps.com/

#188 5 years ago

International shipping rates have gotten totally INSANE over the past couple years. Even something like a 4 ounce package to Canada cost over $12 to ship First Class Mail. Sad but yet another way the US Government & the Postal Service have found to screw the little guy!

I know the Postal Service has nothing to do with the Federal Government but a few years back the Federal Government changed the rules for them and they have to have their pension fund pre-funded 75 years in advance. (CRAZY for sure but that is why the USPS is always in debt these days. My brother in law (a retired postal worker) & our local Mailman and I have both talked about this extensively. If it wasn't for that change the US Postal Service is making a ton of money but the government just wanted someplace else they could steal money from like they have been doing with Social Security for years!)

#189 5 years ago

I've got 2 sets of black left, if anyone is interested.

#190 5 years ago

Another 10 sets going across the Canadian border this morning.

#191 5 years ago

11 sets on there way to Georgia tomorrow.

I still have one set of black for sale.

#192 5 years ago

Last black set is sold.

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Thanks. If you get any other Aussie's asking for set I'd be interested in sharing shipping costs for the 4 sets I need.

#194 5 years ago

Anybody from Finland planning to order PinFoots? Send me a PM, so we could share postage costs.

#195 5 years ago

Last 205 Foots ready for routing and final sanding. When these are gone, they're gone!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #196 5 years ago

That’s enough to do 51.25 games!

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s enough to do 51.25 games!

People use them as pretty shims when the pin is on a very unlevel floor, so some pins might need 5 or 6!

#198 5 years ago

Man, I already have enough for my games, but this is the end of an era.......

#199 5 years ago

Not sure how I’m going to finish this set yet.

EEC31E61-60A4-4E6F-AEE1-97CD6790EE96 (resized).jpegEEC31E61-60A4-4E6F-AEE1-97CD6790EE96 (resized).jpeg
    #200 5 years ago

Couple coats of clear will shine those right up!
    And you should talk to someone in the quality department! They are just not up to snuff, and prob two days older then dirt!

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pinfoots-back-in-stock/page/4?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.