(Topic ID: 216844)

PinFoots now available with felt bottoms.

By Bryan_Kelly

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by heni1977
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1300 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1299 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1300 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1299 (resized).jpg
    PF_WE.jpg
    BK pacman (resized).jpg
    BK qc 2 (resized).jpg
    BK qc (resized).jpg
    EEC31E61-60A4-4E6F-AEE1-97CD6790EE96 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    9694DFF1-C2D0-4E97-9865-97529A82FE4F (resized).jpeg
    A10D68F8-7598-47DC-8CEF-99522703172B (resized).jpeg
    F97C06B9-50EC-4D5B-B681-06157360E475 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    bk_wood.png
    612UiGpvVWL._SL1000_ (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

PinFoots now available with felt bottoms.

Added: 2018-05-12 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (September 16th, 2018) • Ended: November 3rd, 2018
    Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 25 (Firm)

Price is firm

PinFoots are now available with felt bottoms for you guys with tile or hardwood floors.

Price is $28 a set plus shipping. Shipping is Priority Mail. I can get one set in a small box for $7 and up to ten sets in a medium box for $13. Buy ten or more.....FREE SHIPPING!!

Regular Foots are still available for $25 a set. Shipping is the same for the ones with felt.

I'm done producing these forever! If you need them, I'd get them NOW!!

Item photos

IMG_0714 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0713 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1299 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1300 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Bryan_Kelly's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Bryan_Kelly's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lakeville, MN, US

#2 5 years ago

I think they would look nice with a dark/black stain on them. i have all hard floors so don't need any, but cool stuff.

#3 5 years ago

I bought 5 sets of these a while back. They’re great for carpets, perfect for moving pins a short distance, and they don’t shift when nudging. The seller is kind of an asshole but the product is legit.

#4 5 years ago

I bet "He heard that" !

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

I think they would look nice with a dark/black stain on them. i have all hard floors so don't need any, but cool stuff.

I second a dark/black stain option

#6 5 years ago

Very cool! I may break down and buy some from pinball life.

#7 5 years ago

Bought a dozen sets with felt on the bottom back in 2010 and love em. Thanks once again Bryan!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I bet "He heard that" !

I heard that, asshole!!

#9 5 years ago

Why the name change?

#10 5 years ago

You, Bryan Kelly, suck!

I just added two more games than I have pin footies for (i have pin footies for 10 games) so I just swapped everything out to nylon based feet on the EMs and SSs and left the pin footies on the DMD/moderns.

That being said, I'll be placing my order for 2 sets.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Why the name change?

You can actually call them anything you'd like.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

You, Bryan Kelly, suck!

I know.

#12 5 years ago

This is how PinFoots start out in life. This is 200 board feet of oak which ends up making 1200 Foots, or 300 sets.

IMG_0682 (resized).JPGIMG_0682 (resized).JPG

IMG_0681 (resized).JPGIMG_0681 (resized).JPG

#13 5 years ago

Like a couple of guys have said above any chance of a black stain version Bryan? I’d love black sets for all my modern Sterns.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Like a couple of guys have said above any chance of a black stain version Bryan? I’d love black sets for all my modern Sterns.

Maybe some day when I get bored and feel like experimenting. For now, cleared, natural oak is the only option. Sorry.

#15 5 years ago

LIONFOOT!

Brad

LIONFOOT.pngLIONFOOT.png

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe some day when I get bored and feel like experimenting. For now, cleared, natural oak is the only option. Sorry.

What about an 'unfinished' option that people can stain/seal to whatever shade they'd like? Less work. Seems like a win.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

LIONFOOT!
    Brad

WTF!!

Quoted from epthegeek:

What about an 'unfinished' option that people can stain/seal to whatever shade they'd like? Less work. Seems like a win.

That, I can easily do. People need to keep in mind, though, this is oak. Oak has a relatively course grain, unlike birch, maple, cherry, etc.. If you stain and lacquer them, I think they'll look fine. If you decide to paint them, they're going to look like you painted oak. In other words, they won't look the greatest.

#18 5 years ago

Hahahahahahah, Bryan really knows his wood!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

he should, he is older than most of the trees that these are made from.... possibly older than the dirt that said trees are growing in....

#21 5 years ago

I'd like to offer something different, but these are already labor intensive enough.

Pilot hole needs to be drilled. Blind hole needs to be drilled. Foot needs to be cut out with hole saw. Foot needs to be edge sanded twice. Top and bottom edges need to be routed. Foot needs to be edge sanded again. Top and bottom final sanding before it gets cleared. And I do these 100 at a time.

I really have no desire to add more steps to the process.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

he should, he is older than most of the trees that these are made from.... possibly older than the dirt that said trees are growing in....

DICK!!

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'd like to offer something different, but these are already labor intensive enough.
    Pilot hole needs to be drilled. Blind hole needs to be drilled. Foot needs to be cut out with hole saw. Foot needs to be edge sanded twice. Top and bottom edges need to be routed. Foot needs to be edge sanded again. Top and bottom final sanding before it gets cleared. And I do these 100 at a time.
    I really have no desire to add more steps to the process.

Isn't this considered "craft time" at the home you're in? I would think 100+ people in your age group could know these out in a couple hours.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Isn't this considered "craft time" at the home you're in? I would think 100+ people in your age group could know these out in a couple hours.

No one is willing to help. I've yelled at them to get off my lawn one too many times. And I did that in the cafeteria during lunch.

#26 5 years ago

He should get with spooky and learn some assembly line tactics!
    Love the pin foots by the way!!

#27 5 years ago

The orderly when Bryan gets too cranky at the old folks home

EE6B0A3B-A1EF-47A6-BD90-0131632E6B7D (resized).jpegEE6B0A3B-A1EF-47A6-BD90-0131632E6B7D (resized).jpeg

#28 5 years ago

Can you say exactly what type of oak is used for these? I am concerned about dimpling, as I have heard that is a problem with 'newer' wood. I figured your wood is older, but wanted to check.

Brad

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Can you say exactly what type of oak is used for these? I am concerned about dimpling, as I have heard that is a problem with 'newer' wood. I figured your wood is older, but wanted to check.
    Brad

If your PinFoot gets dimpled, you have it in the wrong location.

And yes, my wood is as old as I am.

#30 5 years ago

light up footies?

#31 5 years ago

Do these have any clear on the bottom? I have some older ones and they do not. I just wish they did for the sake sliding on carpet that is high/plush.

#32 5 years ago

God when I hear the time it takes and the process it makes me feel worse about tossing 8 sets of these great things. Dont know what I was thinking but I was wrong, need new feet!

I am fine with the color btw, not like I am looking at them while playing.

#33 5 years ago

FUCK NO!!!!!!!!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Do these have any clear on the bottom? I have some older ones and they do not. I just wish they did for the sake sliding on carpet that is high/plush.

They do not. Never have. You should replace your carpet.

#35 5 years ago

Before I discovered PinFeet, I’d put scraps of 3”x3” plywood under the feet to protect my floors (true). Once I put pinfooties under all my games, my scores went up, my bald spot got a lot smaller and my dog stopped “scooting” all over the house. Highly recommended!

#36 5 years ago

I don't know what it is about these things, but I love them. They kind of 'class up the joint' if you know what I mean, especially when they're on carpet. They stopped my wife from nagging about the deep insets in the carpet - even to the point that she even thinks they look good. I get mine at Pinball Life when making other purchases. You just can't go wrong. Thanks for these Bryan!

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I get mine at Pinball Life when making other purchases.

Terry and I are eternally grateful for that.

#38 5 years ago

Da Foots!!!

Can I get my back order filled now?!?

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#39 5 years ago

I have these under all of my games and will forever call them pinfooties... I am grandfathered in.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Da Foots!!!
    Can I get my back order filled now?!?
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Yes, sir. Not sure the best way to get them to you, though.

#41 5 years ago

Anyone ever install felt on the bottom for hard floors? My concern is sometimes the adhesive is weak and slides off. Also, what size is the bottom of these.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Anyone ever install felt on the bottom for hard floors? My concern is sometimes the adhesive is weak and slides off. Also, what size is the bottom of these.

Back in the day, I sold them with felt installed. There wasn't a big demand, so I quit. I forget where I bought the felt but it was online somewhere. Never heard back from anyone about the felt coming off.

You want to cut the felt 3 1/2" in diameter. That will keep it just less than the bullnose radius on the edge. I used to use a soup can to trace the circles.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I used to use a soup can to trace the circles.

You old guys know all the tricks!

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Back in the day, I sold them with felt installed. There wasn't a big demand, so I quit. I forget where I bought the felt but it was online somewhere. Never heard back from anyone about the felt coming off.
    You want to cut the felt 3 1/2" in diameter. That will keep it just less than the bullnose radius on the edge. I used to use a soup can to trace the circles.

Did they give you the empty cans up there after lunch had been served? I've heard some of those places are nicer than others, I'm glad you found a good one... BUMP for feet.

Brad

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Did they give you the empty cans up there after lunch had been served? I've heard some of those places are nicer than others, I'm glad you found a good one... BUMP for feet.
    Brad

Don't be a dick, Brad!!!

#46 5 years ago

Here's a batch fresh out of the hole saw.

IMG_0707 (resized).JPGIMG_0707 (resized).JPG

#47 5 years ago

How do the corners hold up in shipping? Any splitting been reported?

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Yep, but I just cut a square of felt about 2"x2". I make sure the tilt is tight enough that some dickhead won't try a 12-inch slide save.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I don't know what it is about these things, but I love them. They kind of 'class up the joint' if you know what I mean, especially when they're on carpet. They stopped my wife from nagging about the deep insets in the carpet - even to the point that she even thinks they look good. I get mine at Pinball Life when making other purchases. You just can't go wrong. Thanks for these Bryan!

Totally agree. Got a set for all 5 of my games. Wouldn't have it any other way. They are mandatory now.

28514463_10213387937285860_6061184714708123001_o (resized).jpg28514463_10213387937285860_6061184714708123001_o (resized).jpg

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

How do the corners hold up in shipping? Any splitting been reported?

I hate to say it, but sometimes bad shit happens at the Foot factory. Thanks to the keen eyes of my quality control staff, 99% of this is caught before it leaves.

IMG_0725 (resized).jpgIMG_0725 (resized).jpg

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pinfoots-back-in-stock/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.