Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3534_(Large).JPG
#1 12 years ago

Just finished shopping out this machine.
New Pinscore Displays
New rubbers
plastics polished, some replaced
Mylar removed
Cointaker GI LEDs.
http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/zz104/eabundy/Pinbot/

IMG_3534_(Large).JPGIMG_3534_(Large).JPG

#2 12 years ago

Lookin sweet

Too bad everyone is glued to the contest thread.

#3 12 years ago

What's the basis for removing the Mylar? I know one of my machines has and it's bubbling a little bit....ripping up in a couple areas..nothing too bad but your PF looks great. Is this "removing of the Mylar" complicated?

#4 12 years ago

wow.. if you weren't so far away.. looks nice. Wasn't blackbeard looking for one of these?

#5 12 years ago

Use freeze spray and goo gone and it comes off. Depending on the game it CAN remove paint when you take it off though. And then, once again depending on the game, you may have to hit it with goo gone and elbow grease for the next 2 hours to remove the remaining adhesive.

So if the paint comes off, then you're looking at touchup work and some way of preserving that touchup work.

The mylar was really put down to protect playfields from excessive wear with limited maintenance. So in a home setting, it's not really needed and slows down play (and can look like crap when it start bubbling up).

#6 12 years ago

Yeah it does look like crap....and I know underneath that Mylar is pure gold love. I guess if I ever decide to that than this is what needs to be done. You can wax Mylar though right?

#7 12 years ago

Yep.

If you do decide to do it, you just need about two bottles of dust-off (air spray), flip it upside down and it shoots cold air. Get a nice razor with a holder that will show the entire edge of the blade. Freeze.. pull gently.. use razor.. go slow.. repeat. And start in an area that isn't seen much until you get the hang of it.

#8 12 years ago

im looking for game around that price just to far

#9 12 years ago

Woohoo. I know this guy... Got T2 from him

#10 12 years ago

i also can vouch for his machines, they ARE as fantastic as they look! he does very nice work on any of his pins.

#11 12 years ago

Thanks, for the coments. The mylare was bubbling up is why I took it off. It took about an hour to remove, and 4 to scrub the glue off. The game is pottentially sold pending pickup next weekend.

#12 12 years ago

Salivating. That pin looks hot w LEDS. If only I lived remotely closer.

#13 12 years ago

I may do a youtube video of it tonight. Just finished the shop job on it last night. I highly reccomend doing the GI Leds on this. Especially the Ultra brights from cointaker.

#14 12 years ago

Beautiful game, and very well done. I personally wouldn't have the balls to attempt to remove mylar. Great job

#15 12 years ago

EABUNDY: which cointaker LED kit did you purchase? Just curious bc I may be picking up a Bot soon and wondered how much the kit you used costs?

Thanks! It looks great!

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Johnny:

Beautiful game, and very well done. I personally wouldn't have the balls to attempt to remove mylar

It really isn't that bad. That was the first thing we did to our bk2k when we got it. Looks 100% better. Like Mystic said, it really depends on the game and most important that you take your time pulling it up. The only real pain in the but is removing the goo afterwards.

#17 12 years ago

I wish we were closer to you eabundy, would have bought it on the spot. We are on the hunt for a Pinbot. That is a sweet looking pin, nice job.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball-junky:

The only real pain in the but is removing the goo afterwards.

I would just be too scared of pulling up paint

#19 12 years ago

The only time we ran into pulling up paint was when we were lifting the mylar and that was ONLY because we pulled it too fast and didn't have it quit cold enough. And that was just the paint that was on 2 of the inserts. The goo gone did good with helping get the adhesive off. That part didn't even bother the paint at all. I think you would do just fine. You should find someone around you that is taking mylar off a pin so you can watch. We were really intimidated by the whole process, especially after reading peoples horror stories from taking it off. But ours looked like absolute crap and it desperately needed to come off.

#20 12 years ago

I've watched a lot of vids on it.

Really like this one.

#21 12 years ago

yeah, that was a good one. We watched that one as well as a few others before we attempted ours. Trying to boost the confidence level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pinbot-1000-location-vernon-ct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.