Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by John_in_NC
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

past_performance.jpg
index.jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Off the block for now - Objective met - Thanks to those who responded.

#2 7 years ago

Wish I were closer....oh wait!

Glws...deal with confidence with john. His games are immaculate.

#3 7 years ago

You might be surprised about the EMs, Bowlers & Rifle games.

Lots of new blood jumping into that scene.

Good Luck with your sale!

Marcus

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

These are for those who money does not matter

Wrong time and place to be arrogant....

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I am shifting my attention to other priorities and want to pull a bit of cash off the table so to speak. All my modern pins are top notch/HUO examples so if you are looking for turnkey top end pins, take a look at my collection and let me know what you are interested in. Mainly interested in maximum coin for minimal damage to line-up so my preference would be to sell my top end pins first. PM me if you are interested in any of these:
TZ (exceptional),WOZECLE (HUO maybe 30 games on it), LOTR (HUO),TSPP (HUO),RS (Best example ever w/topper),NBAFB (near HUO quality). All have Invisiglass installed and have old school lighting (non-LED except for WOZ of course). There are zero cabinet dings on my HUOs and minimal touch-ups on others. No beat cabinets here. All DMDs and playfields are lit and working factory fresh. My EMs, Bowler and rifle games are also possibly FS but I don't think they'll bring the coin I'm looking for. Arctic Gun (rifle), Haunted House (rifle) United Century 13' Big ball bowler. Bank-A-Ball, World fair (restored), Spin Wheel (restored), Swing Along. I also have a Vendo 81D restored to the 9s
This is no fire sale, I don't NEED the money, I just want to free up cash for other ventures so if you are looking for a bargain, look elsewhere, If you want a quality machine at a fair market price, dive in.
If I don't respond to your PM, I likely don't consider your offer as serious and will not waste either of our times. I don't want to shock anyone with my stupid high pricing, please include what you would be willing spend on a best case a1 cherry machine and I'll know if we have the makings of a deal. Last thing I want is disgruntled people saying I'm out of my mind. I know I am. These pins will not be for 99% of pisiders. These are for those who money does not matter as much as quality does.

Why not put them on eBay? You'll find plenty of people willing to overpay for pins, Pinside not so much.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from CMCVT1979:

Why not put them on eBay? You'll find plenty of people willing to overpay for pins, Pinside not so much.

Absolutely agree.Most Pinsiders are nice hard working people that just want a fair deal or trade.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from CMCVT1979:

You'll find plenty of people willing to overpay for pins, Pinside not so much.

Last I checked, Pinside's reputation for pulling in top dollar for pins contradicts the your statement. Now if you're looking for someone who is completely stupid...

#8 7 years ago

shaza....

oh wait I don't know the prices

#9 7 years ago

He's on a different planet with pricing, GLWTS

#10 7 years ago

If there is one thing I am looking for when buying a pin, it's to pay the maximum amount possible.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Last I checked, Pinside's reputation for pulling in top dollar for pins contradicts the your statement. Now if you're looking for someone who is completely stupid...

Sounds like you should be buying then, good luck with that. I'm sure its a great deal.

#13 7 years ago

A little softer approach would help

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Now if you're looking for someone who is completely stupid, read my post

Read

#15 7 years ago

Oh Oh, can I pay extra. Maybe pay just to see the perfect pins

#16 7 years ago

I am more fair on pricing on the machines I'm most interested in selling, yes, my prices are too high for the games I don't want to let go of as easily but anything can be had for a price. The best time to buy something you want is when it can be bought.

I'm close to making a deal on one or two of these. Once I finalize a sale or two I'll pull the ad.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

A little softer approach would help

He qualified his buyers quickly. It might save him time - I know I'm not contacting him because I want a $3800 LOTR Putting out prices might have saved him more time, but you know how some of those threads go as well.

#18 7 years ago

Put your numbers up and your pinside friends will rate your definition of fair.

#19 7 years ago

Listen fellas:

OP is selling his high end pins. Of course his prices may be high. It's what HE is selling them for.

If you're interested in one, PM him, get his price and decide.

Enough with this bs banter back and forth.

#20 7 years ago

Attention dumbass poor people,

I have for sale some pins that you are not worthy to own or even to see...if you have a rich relative or know a lotto winner who wants to get fleeced please forward my contact info asap...

( sorry couldnt help myself, very hypocritical of me to give someone a hard time about selling pins when i have posted in other threads to just leave the seller alone if you dont like his prices...but at least those sellers had the balls to list their price)

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I don't NEED the money, I just want to free up cash for other ventures so if you are looking for a bargain, look elsewhere, If you want a quality machine at a fair market price, dive in.

index.jpeg

#22 7 years ago

Dear OP:
GLWS
Please ignore the chickens.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

The best time to buy something you want is when it can be bought.

Duh.... WTF ?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I have for sale some pins that you are not worthy to own or even to see...if you have a rich relative or know a lotto winner who wants to get fleeced please forward my contact info asap...

+1

#25 7 years ago

Vs. passing it up and wishing you bought it after it's not available.

I passed up a stupidly high priced MM for 4K (in 2004) and another overpriced one at the time, a Wms IJ for $1800. Countless TAFs in the 2s.

#26 7 years ago

My OP stated please take this offline to PM if interested. Is all this trollery really necessary? I put up an offer to sell high end pins. Buyers buy or don't buy, if you are not a buyer, what are you doing here? move along, nothing to see here.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

My OP stated please take this offline to PM if interested. Is all this trollery really necessary? I put up an offer to sell high end pins. Buyers buy or don't buy, if you are not a buyer, what are you doing here? move along, nothing to see here.

Well to be fair, you did put this in the forum and not the marketplace. What did you expect with your wording. I won't jab at you for anything as Ive enjoyed the humor of the thread. Group hug?

#28 7 years ago

Wow, what a great group of friendly people here at Pinside - the proprietor must be proud.

I appreciate the FS post in the forum - I've bought many machines directly from the forum market that I'd never find in the standard Marketplace. I also appreciate high-end, well kept, primo machines and expect to pay more for those than average. I appreciate the seller being upfront with his offering and that some will be higher than maybe expected and the explanation as to why.

Nice group of machines - thank you for offering them here on PS. If NC wasn't on the other side of the earth, I'd be paying you a visit.

#29 7 years ago

forums are still for discussing, right? what are you doing here? move it or expect dialogue from members. you can't expect pinside rules don't apply to you.

glws

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from CMCVT1979:

Why not ebay
- Fees
- Ebay stinks for selling pins
- Shipping
- Fees
- I want to sell one or two up to a few, not all at this time so I can change the ad when it suits me, on ebay it's all or nothing
- Fees
- did I mention the fees?

#31 7 years ago

For once someone in the neighborhood is selling some top-notch pins, and I am in no position to buy. Probably for the best...

#32 7 years ago

I passed up a stupidly high mm (5k) spring of 2012 and I actually feel pretty good about it.

#33 7 years ago

but you don't NEED the money

#34 7 years ago

Not going to slam you or anything man, but you might want to check the verbiage of your OP. It was at least mildly combative and arrogant, and IMO is what is eliciting combative responses. Also, consider posting your prices.

If you're games are that nice, and your pics justify a higher than average price, you won't have any issues.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

Is all this trollery really necessary? I put up an offer to sell high end pins. Buyers buy or don't buy, if you are not a buyer, what are you doing here? move along, nothing to see here.

#35 7 years ago

Damn...

Id say I wish I was closer, but Im only 10 miles up the road and you have like 2-3 games on my wish list posted

But I'm almost afraid to bid based on some of these comments

Good luck and it sounds like all will sell...

BUT, if you end up coming up with a PRICE for the LOTR or TSPP, please shoot me a note- I want both of those games!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not going to slam you or anything man, but you might want to check the verbiage of your OP. It was at least mildly combative, and IMO is what is eliciting combative responses. Also, consider posting your prices.
If you're games are that nice, and your pics justify a higher than average price, you won't have any issues.

I suppose I could have wordsmithed it better. Very nice pins for sale, I don't have to sell, I want to. No lowball offers please. It's all good.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from vex:

forums are still for discussing, right? what are you doing here? move it or expect dialogue from members. you can't expect pinside rules don't apply to you.

Just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you HAVE to say something. Jeez, let the guy sell his pins....

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not going to slam you or anything man, but you might want to check the verbiage of your OP. It was at least mildly combative, and IMO is what is eliciting combative responses. Also, consider posting your prices.

Agreed. OP came out throwing jabs, and Pinsiders seem to already be on edge lately.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Buyers buy or don't buy, if you are not a buyer, what are you doing here? move along, nothing to see here.

Can anyone say Bullying ?
This is the Forum, not the Marketplace.

#40 7 years ago

Do you sell insurance to old ladies on the side of this hard sell "pinball" selling you do?
Show some class and don't be an ....
Like Mom says "treat people how you would like to be treated". Would you buy from you?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you HAVE to say something. Jeez, let the guy sell his pins....

thanks ted! discussion threads are for discussion and marketplace is for selling. i guess we agree to disagree with what forums are ultimately trying to encourage.

glws

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It is a forum marketplace though. People can list things on the Market area if they do not want people to comment on what they are selling. No?

#43 7 years ago

While I would much rather see posted pricing for the pins, John was very nice and approachable in our PM's. I mentioned which pins I had interest in and he alluded to what kind of money he would have to get to sell. I thanked him and will continue my search. No harm, no foul and GLWS.

#44 7 years ago

All I'm saying is if you are looking for the best deal out there, this ain't it, just trying to be truthful and save a lot of dickering and hard feelings.

I had no intention of insulting anyone or coming off as arrogant, anyone who knows me, knows that's not me. I'm still at a loss on how I managed to insult anyone by laying it out like I did.

Quality is high, not a distressed sale, don't waste your or my time lowballing, this ain't a turkish bazaar.

Also my prices are admittedly too high on those I am not motivated to sell like the rifle games and ball bowler but these are getting hard to find and if you really want one, here it is! but you'll really need to step up to shake it loose. Some say it's not for sale but it is (for a price)

Also if you want quality, take a look but quality also comes with a price. Every once in a while I get lucky and find quality at a bargain but it's more and more rare these days.

So there it is, honest, clear (I hope) no need to be offended, no offense intended.

Thanks and enjoy!

#45 7 years ago

End of thread. PM John if interested.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

...and, VEX...what kind of discussion is this?

#47 7 years ago

I don't understand the secrecy on LOTR and TSPP pricing... there's lots of HUO ones out there, they change hands regularily and they seem to get 4500ish (TSPP) and 5Kish (LOTR) for essentially perfect, unmodded, low-play examples- which is what you appear to be selling. Things like TZ and the older equipment would be harder to price, but newer Sterns are pretty stable. Same with WOZ.. it's basically a new machine, same as all the other brand-new WOZes out there. Throw up a price... 8500-9K, is that ballpark what you're looking for? Seems that's been towards the very high-end of asking prices for delivered WOZ games (not line positions)

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

( sorry couldnt help myself, very hypocritical of me to give someone a hard time about selling pins when i have posted in other threads to just leave the seller alone if you dont like his prices...but at least those sellers had the balls to list their price)

LOL...

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Throw up a price... 8500-9K, is that ballpark what you're looking for? Seems that's been towards the very high-end of asking prices for delivered WOZ games (not line positions)

For all the hard grief everyone is giving him, you'd be surprised at what he's offered WOZ for. It'll be gone by the end of the day.

#50 7 years ago

I asked to take pricing offline because of the trolls. Some pricing as I said is high (admittedly so) and once I put up one of those high prices, ohhh boy, here come price police, drowning out the thread. I will say you are high on my price for some and low on others so if you are interested PM!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside