CIMG5193.JPG
CIMG5195.JPG
CIMG5204.JPG
CIMG5189.JPG
CIMG5188.JPG
tron4 002.jpg
TronH 005.jpg
CIMG5129.JPG
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

2011 Stern 1st run screened cab not a decal, lenticular translite, metallic powdercoated blue armor kit, arcade mod, Hallmark light cycle mods, Flynns arcade sign, Cliffy ramp protectors and post sleeves, clear star posts, Pinbits plastics, Kerry scoop protector, pop bumper mod, Eli ramp mod, shaker, Blue DMD display, blue start button, blue T-molding, felt leg protectors, spotlight mod, service rails, lever style lockdown bar, Zuse and Clu figure mods and Glare Guard.
Game is very clean, not a scratch on it.
Goodie bag intact and stapled inside the game.
Comes with a Polk audio 10" powered subwoofer.
$6,995.00

CIMG5129.JPGCIMG5129.JPG

TronH 005.jpgTronH 005.jpg

tron4 002.jpgtron4 002.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Looks beautiful bro! This will make the Tron fans angry but you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope the Flankster doesn't see this. GLWTS.

#3 10 years ago

Bump for a purdy looking Tron

#4 10 years ago

Bump.

#5 10 years ago

Love it ! Glws

#6 10 years ago

Sweet looking pin!

WTF is up with the two thumbs down?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sweet looking pin!

They must love lamp more.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was gonna thumbs down him for his location, lol. One of those "I wish you were anywhere but the West coast".

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

They must love lamp more.

#11 10 years ago

Bump for a great seller with a professional attitude.

#12 10 years ago

I know at first glance the price seems like a lot but when you consider everything (like the fact it's an original screened cab + 3d translite both of which you can't get anymore) plus all the expensive add-on's like EL backed PC'd Trim & Eli's Kit, he's got A LOT into that game.... For someone looking for the next best thing to Tron LE without paying 11k this is your game. GLWS Trace.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I know at first glance the price seems like a lot but when you consider everything (like the fact it's an original screened cab + 3d translite both of which you can't get anymore) plus all the expensive add-on's like EL backed PC'd Trim & Eli's Kit, he's got A LOT into that game.... For someone looking for the next best thing to TRON LE without paying 11k this is your game. GLWS Trace.

Sounds nice but at that price I think he needs more pics and non-blurry ones.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Sounds nice but at that price I think he needs more pics and non-blurry ones.

All part of my master plan to get the price and picture police to bump my thread.

CIMG5188.JPGCIMG5188.JPG

CIMG5189.JPGCIMG5189.JPG

CIMG5204.JPGCIMG5204.JPG

#15 10 years ago

More.
Kerry installed in scoop.

CIMG5195.JPGCIMG5195.JPG

CIMG5193.JPGCIMG5193.JPG

CIMG5194.JPGCIMG5194.JPG

CIMG5192.JPGCIMG5192.JPG

#16 10 years ago

Man, a little rich for my blood, but I have to say, that blue powdercoat is gorgeous, excellent color choice.

#17 10 years ago

Shooter lane.

CIMG5205.JPGCIMG5205.JPG

CIMG5197.JPGCIMG5197.JPG

CIMG5172.JPGCIMG5172.JPG

#18 10 years ago

Looks great, all you need is pinball side mirrors for an even greater look.

#19 10 years ago

Get that Damn sticker off the glass!!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Get that Damn sticker off the glass!!

No way! Made in America stands for something around here!

DSC08511.JPGDSC08511.JPG

Unknown-892.jpegUnknown-892.jpeg

#21 10 years ago

Beautiful game. There's something to be said about having all these mods already installed as well. A crap load of work for everything that has been done and the game looks like new. Best of luck.

My Tron is the only game that I have, and always will consider untouchable. I have been through quite a few pins in the last two years and it was never an option.

#22 10 years ago

Weren't the screened cabs the usual Stern low-res speckle jobs and the decals were hi-res? (or at least higher resolution) Like a 20 year old Wms at least?

When did they finally get rid of the 1980's dot matrix printer they used on the cabs for so long? With Metallica or AC/DC? Or the last runs of Tron?

Glad that machine finally went to the dump.

#23 10 years ago

What is the spotlight mod? I'm not sure that I've seen one before.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

What is the spotlight mod? I'm not sure that I've seen one before.

It is hard to see, look at the spots on the slings I replace the reflector hoods with Ultra Brights and secure them with 1/2" black shrink tubing.
They don't fall out and to me they just look a lot cleaner.

Spotlights 004.jpgSpotlights 004.jpg

#25 10 years ago

Cool, thanks. GLWS!

#26 10 years ago

sick machine GLWS!!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Weren't the screened cabs the usual Stern low-res speckle jobs and the decals were hi-res? (or at least higher resolution) Like a 20 year old Wms at least?
When did they finally get rid of the 1980's dot matrix printer they used on the cabs for so long?

They changed to decals right after the initial run of Tron and it officially started with Transformers. The next run of Tron then used decals.

As far as quality goes, I have a silk-screened Tron LE & bought a Tron side decal when they came out for wall art. There is very minimal difference in image quality between the two IMO.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, a little rich for my blood, but I have to say, that blue powdercoat is gorgeous, excellent color choice.

It is a nice color and I dropped the price $1,000.00
The tax man cometh and I need to sell some games.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It is a nice color and I dropped the price $1,000.00
The tax man cometh and I need to sell some games.

I just pulled the trigger on Mike Paris' so I'm out of the Tron hunting game, but that's a substantial price drop, good luck.

#30 10 years ago

Pin looks awesome. GLWTS.

#31 10 years ago

Game is sold, thanks to all who inquired.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Game is sold, thanks to all who inquired.

Someone got a sweet ass Tron!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

They changed to decals right after the initial run of Tron and it officially started with Transformers. The next run of Tron then used decals.
As far as quality goes, I have a silk-screened TRON LE & bought a Tron side decal when they came out for wall art. There is very minimal difference in image quality between the two IMO.

Ahh I see thanks... but is the image the low-res type (LOTR, TSPP, etc) or are both examples higher quality than in the past? It's been dark the few times I've gotten to play one

#34 10 years ago

Did you get the 7K you were after? I know where a NIB last run is for $6K shipped.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Did you get the 7K you were after? I know where a NIB last run is for $6K shipped.

Yes, this isn't a stock game it has a couple grand in mods installed.
It is going to a pinsider in the midwest.

#36 10 years ago

If you buy a stock Tron Pro you've got to plan on spending at least $600 in mods off the bat. $6k for a NIB isn't really any kind of deal.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

The new in box ones do not have the special powder coating or the 3D backglass. The last runs do have an extra translight and ramp protectors but you have to purchase so many mods to max out the Tron Experience. I sold a Tron Pro that was very similiar to this one but with orange powder coating for 7k and it sold quick at the Louisville Expo. I had others come up and ask about it as we left it at the show all 14 hours Sat so others could enjoy it. Based upon the interest from that show I would think 7k for these very nice modded Tron Pro is a fair price. Eli's ramp kit is a top notch mod and many at that show believed it was an LE Tron. I know the buyer will be very pleased!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

That was during the time they were being run. Now NIB TRONs will likely be more than that. It's a popular title and like other popular titles it does not to help lessen the cost to say yeah well these were less NIB shipped when they came out. Plus most TRON machines are typically heavily modded which increases the price even more.

#39 10 years ago

That was during the time they were being run. Now NIB TRONs will likely be more than that. It's a popular title and like other popular titles it does not to help lessen the cost to say yeah well these were less NIB shipped when they came out. Plus most TRON machines are typically heavily modded which increases the price even more.

There are NIB Trons for $6K - I know of 2 of them...

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you buy a stock Tron Pro you've got to plan on spending at least $600 in mods off the bat. $6k for a NIB isn't really any kind of deal.

I don't know about that.

There are still many people who are very willing to pay a premium for a NIB pin. Tron is one of Stern's most popular pins ever, and they are not making them anymore. I'd say $6k for a NIB Tron Pro is probably the going rate, so maybe it's not really "any kind of deal" but it could also be one of those situations where we look back at this in a couple of years and say "dang, that was a nice deal".

While I think that most on Pinside love modding pins like Tron, there are still plenty of pinheads who will be more than happy leaving their pin stock....with incandescent bulbs no less!

#41 10 years ago

Plenty of mods are optional. I consider Eli's ramps and the arcade must do's. Just my opinion of course. And obviously applied towards the Pro.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

There are NIB Trons for $6K - I know of 2 of them...

Ok stock 6K or a modded out one? I doubt those will stay at 6K (not sure if that included shipping or not) as time goes by. Some find it hard to understand that many pinheads love mods and will pay more for them. Some of these mods are very expensive. I'm not surprised this sold its a beautiful pin. Congrats to seller and new owner.

#43 10 years ago

I personally get a huge amount of enjoyment out of doing my own mods, and often prefer to get a stock pin so I can customize it to my taste, even if it winds up costing me more in the long run.

This is the approach I'm taking with my IM (which is 3 weeks out).

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I personally get a huge amount of enjoyment out of doing my own mods, and often prefer to get a stock pin so I can customize it to my taste, even if it winds up costing me more in the long run.

I was of that mindset until I got a Refinery edition. Of course I still add stuff but starting with a tricked out base isn't the worst thing in the world.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Still in the box = stock. I've yet to see a modded one in an unopened box

I know I was explaining that it is not surprising to see a heavily modded out TRON go for more than a NIB. I think you misunderstood what I was saying and/or I worded it poorly.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Same with me, working on the machine is something I enjoy and if possible I'd rather buy a stock machine over one already modded out.

#46 10 years ago

Ok stock 6K or a modded out one? I doubt those will stay at 6K (not sure if that included shipping or not) as time goes by. Some find it hard to understand that many pinheads love mods and will pay more for them. Some of these mods are very expensive. I'm not surprised this sold its a beautiful pin. Congrats to seller and new owner.

Still in the box = stock. I've yet to see a modded one in an unopened box

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed! That's why I jumped on Mike's Tron, between he and Lisa they didn't even put 300 games on it, it's cherry, and he's already stacked up a pile of mods including all the ones I wanted, but they're not installed. So I won't unbox it, but other than that I get to start pretty clean, do all the wiring and drilling etc myself. And for the same price including the mods as these NIB Trons we're talking about.

1 week later
#48 10 years ago

Yep...NIB'S are available at 6k.

3 years later
#49 6 years ago

It looks like I will have to sell some pins and this Tron will be listed soon. Just going thru so I can get the link ready. I have added colordmd and a LE style apron. Price still 7k

#50 6 years ago

3 years later and it's still a good deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pimped-tron-legacy-pro/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.