FS: Parting out Skateball (update)

By tonymiddendorf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Parting out Bally Skateball. There are problems with the rectifier or solenoid board. I don't have the skill to do the repairs and the playfield is trashed so it's not worth trying to rescue (in my opinion). I'm planning on turning the cabinet and (most of) the playfield into a bar for my gameroom. I'd like to keep the top part of the playfield at least 50% populated.

FS:
All boards (rectifier and/or regulator board needs work)
5 7-digit displays. Probably original, but working.
Backglass (9.5/10 No flaking. One small bubble near the bottom.)
Cabinet head (local only)
Drop target assemblies (drop targets are worn and dirty, but fully functional)
Everything else: if you need a misc part to complete your game, I would be HAPPY to help.

I'm happy to follow up emails with pics.

Bulk offers receive preference.

If someone wants the entire game as a project, feel free to make me an offer; it's not in pieces yet.

#2 11 years ago

Finally selling the SB? Good luck w/ the sale Dude!

#3 11 years ago

Thanks. Not sure how much interest I'll have here. Pinside seems largely a DMD-crowd. Hopefully I can help some folks out by giving them a decent deal on some parts. Or, best-case, someone wants the whole thing as a project game!

#4 11 years ago

I sent you a message on RGP. I REALLLY need the center plastic above the middle drop targets. It says "all targets down"

Would you sell me that? Seems impossible to find..been looking for a couple years :/

#5 11 years ago

I could probably use a few other things, but that's the most important one by far...

#6 11 years ago

I hope someone picks this up for a project! Skateball is an awesome game. I would, but I'm out of room and already have two classic Bally's in the lineup.

If it were me I'd swap in a brand new Rectifier board from Great plains elect. They're only $60 and are pretty much a "must" on this era of game. The rectifier boards are typically trashed. If there are problems with the Solenoid board you can have it professionally repaired by Steve Kulpa for a reasonable rate. There's also aftermarket boards from Alltek that aren't too pricey. I wouldn't part out a game because of two non-working boards. Especially one as good as Skateball!

#7 11 years ago

Tony! Keep it and fix it!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Parting out Bally Skateball.

Nooooooooo!

#9 11 years ago

Updated with price as project pin. I've got lots of interest on specific parts. Would prefer to sell as a whole and see it get fixed up. I am giving preference to anyone willing to take the ENTIRE project. If anyone claims the FULL project by Friday, its yours. If not, I move onto my parts offers.

MPU board is spoken for, but sound, solenoid, and lamp drivers are available.
Drop target banks are spoken for
Displays are spoken for
Pop bumper assemblies
Slingshot assemblies
Misc plastics (I'd prefer to keep as many plastics as possible, so when I turn it into a bar it still looks nice)
Flipper assemblies
Backglass
Backbox (local please)

Thanks- feel free to PM me.

#10 11 years ago

Update:

Sold-
all drop target assemblies
all displays
all wire gates
spinner assembly
misc plastics

Available-
MPU (works, tested) $90, shipped to lower 48
Sound board (works) $20 shipped to lower 48
Lamp driver board (works) $20 shipped to lower 48
Solenoid driver board (probably works, untested) $20 shipped to lower 48
Rectifier board/transformer/assembly (needs work) $20 shipped to lower 48
Slingshot assemblies - make offer
Pop bumper caps/assemblies - make offer
Backglass (9.5/10, one small bubble near the bottom) - $75 plus shipping
Anything I forgot- make an offer

Thanks

#11 11 years ago

Update:

Sold-
all drop target assemblies
all displays
all wire gates
spinner assembly
misc plastics
MPU
Lamp board
Solenoid board
rectifier board/transformer

Available-
Sound board (works) $20 shipped to lower 48
Slingshot assemblies - make offer
Pop bumper caps/assemblies - make offer
Backglass (9.5/10, one small bubble near the bottom) - $65 plus shipping
Misc under-playfield coils/assemblies - make offer

Thanks- this will be the last update.

#12 11 years ago

Crap.. I didn't see this. I might have been interested as the machine.. especially if you are coming to Sioux Falls soon.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Crap.. I didn't see this. I might have been interested as the machine.. especially if you are coming to Sioux Falls soon.

The PF was pretty blown out, but I watched Tony play the other week. The game it self seems fun.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The PF was pretty blown out

Big time. Jonogo might be interested in practicing some restoration on it. I've got a feeling it's a bit too far gone for that though, wouldn't you think? Northvibe, would you know how to get all the playfield lamps to light up now that I've torn out the transformer and whatnot?

If I turn it into a bar or endtable, I'd LOVE to be able to light it up.

#15 11 years ago

One of you Minnesota jokers come down to Sioux Falls and pickup the Zizzle for Northvibe!!

2 months later
#16 11 years ago

Update-
Still have:
Over half the plastics (selling most for $5 each) - (I do not have the 'all targets down' piece- that one has been a popular request)
Slingshots assemblies - $5 each
Backglass - $55
Full flipper assemblies (working well) - $20 each
Full saucer assembly - $10
Pop bumper assemblies -$5 each (does not include pop caps, those are spoken for)
Wiring harness - $20 (does not include the backbox wiring harness)
Sound board - $10

These prices don't include shipping.

If someone from MN want's to come pick it all up, including the cabinet, backbox, legs, it's all yours for $150.

1 year later
#17 10 years ago

I know this is a really old post, but I'm just curious if you still have the sound board available? If so, I would be interested.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from diesel833:

I know this is a really old post, but I'm just curious if you still have the sound board available? If so, I would be interested.

No sir everything is gone.

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-parting-out-skateball-or-project-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.