(Topic ID: 90728)

FS: Paragon EDIT: Price drop...make me an offer! EDIT: No longer for sale!

By NJGecko

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Deckmanmark
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-391.jpg
dog eating.gif
image-575.jpg
big lebowski waiting.gif
image-635.jpg
amazed.gif
2014-06-03 18.20.10.jpg
image-26.jpg
go_get_it.gif
three_stooges_eye_poke.jpg
godzilla 2.gif
Lizard.jpg
geico-gecko.jpg
spit_take.gif
2014-05-09 00.03.23.jpg
2014-05-09 00.05.00.jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep...I may just keep it at this rate....that NOS play field is looking tempting...

Do it.

#102 5 years ago

X2

That cab and BG are NICE. It's worthy of a playfield swap or resto by you or next owner.....

I looked and looked for one of these and when I found mine it needed a little love, luckily I knew just where to take it and - BAM - it's a stunner now and definately a keeper. Theres a good reason it gets best pin of the 70's ranking.

#103 5 years ago

Still hard for me to understand why there isn't more demand for Paragon. I know they made a boatload...would be interesting to know how many are still in circulation. Most of the hardcore players I know love the game.

I paid 2k for a HUO example last year...was worth every cent. Definitely a keeper for me.

#104 5 years ago

If I could find a nice one for $2k I'd jump all over it....!

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I picked one up in NJ, a few years ago near Atlantic City.

Hey, you're the guy who bought Ken's Paragon, cool! You beat me to it back then, since he had already committed to sell it to you when I contacted him. No worries, I bought an F-14 later that same week, which was my first pin. Check it out in my pinside profile story, I actually mentioned the Paragon you ended up with, pretty cool, and nice to meetcha!

#106 5 years ago

Thanks. Paragon is a great player & always in demand. I think many of them survived over the years, art & play was very nice.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Still hard for me to understand why there isn't more demand for Paragon

I feel the same way

#108 5 years ago

There is plenty of demand, but they made a shitload of them..and I mean a shitload. Way more games than there are people willing to give non DMD games a chance.

#110 5 years ago

Anybody know if and when CPR is doing a Paragon playfield?

#111 5 years ago

Considering the NOS playfield very seriously....

#112 5 years ago

If it was a Embryon I'd be on it like.. white on rice!

#113 5 years ago

Do it

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Considering the NOS playfield very seriously....

Stop considering and just do it already.

image-391.jpg

#115 5 years ago

I've been following this thread and it's inspired me to mod mine to make it unique. (See post in mods board.)

#117 5 years ago

Yep...I cancelled my IMVE and I'm going to grab the Kruzman playfield and have a good time with this...

No longer for sale folks!

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep...I cancelled my IMVE and I'm going to grab the Kruzman playfield and have a good time with this...
No longer for sale folks!

Good decision! PLEASE post some pics when all said and done!

#120 5 years ago

Damn...I was just about to buy it!!!!

#121 5 years ago

Can't wait to see my beautiful PF installed. Thanks for giving it a home! It was nice as art, but it will be so much nicer installed in a machine to enjoy!

#122 5 years ago

If you don't mind saying, how much was the Kruzman playfield?

EDIT: found the thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nos-paragon-pf-restoredcleared-by-ron-kruzman-in-june-2013

#123 5 years ago

GREAT decision. Who needs IM anywho?

#124 5 years ago

it was such a beauty to look at last time at your place Steve, Also glad it found a new home where it will be installed

#125 5 years ago

Yep. Guess it was meant to be...
I had Paragon almost sold a few times....even to the point that it was packed up and loaded into my truck and a torrential downpour killed the meetup. Maybe it was meant to be!

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep. Guess it was meant to be...
I had Paragon almost sold a few times....even to the point that it was packed up and loaded into my truck and a torrential downpour killed the meetup. Maybe it was meant to be!

Yes, meant to be. Now just keep this one for while will ya!

#127 5 years ago

I will...it's gotta wait in line for it's attention...
Need to finish CV, then I have a BoP coming for an overhaul, then I want to tackle MM, THEN I think paragon.

2 weeks later
#129 5 years ago

Yes Ted...I'm getting there. CV is almost back together.

Just working on getting the playfield in and starting to accumulate parts to tackle Paragon...

#130 5 years ago

Wow. I've never swapped out a pf before, but am I wrong in assuming that is going to be a time consuming effort? A brandy new looking Paragon is going to look awesome.

#131 5 years ago

Definitely not a quick exercise, and you need to be methodical.

Depending on the individual game and how much time is spent cleaning things, it's maybe 50 hours for me from the time I remove the first screw to the time I play my first game. But I go slow.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Definitely not a quick exercise, and you need to be methodical.
Depending on the individual game and how much time is spent cleaning things, it's maybe 50 hours for me from the time I remove the first screw to the time I play my first game. But I go slow.

If you move like a turtle I'm more like a slug, minus leaving a gooey trail behind.

Geez, that analogy just went to crap quick didn't it.

What I was trying to say was ...

awe never mind...

#133 5 years ago

I'm really just not sure how to react and respond to that....

2 weeks later
#135 5 years ago

If I didn't have this Comet project on me in 1/2 finished state, I would have bought your Paragon. I just saw this thread. What a bummer. I'm like 30 minutes from you too. The problem would have been getting it into my basement. I don't think wide-body pins fit.

#136 5 years ago

If backboxes fit, usually a wide body will fit.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Deckmanmark:

If backboxes fit, usually a wide body will fit.

I have to take the backbox off of SYS11 games to get them in, so probably not. That's why I turned down picking up a Black Hole several months ago.

#138 5 years ago

I see. Sorry to hear it.

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside