Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by chocky909
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Asking $9000 which was my cost

Price is currently 9500 for new orders and will be 10000 soon

So 9000 is a great deal

Comes with 2 games, one by Nordman

http://www.multimorphic.com/index.php/p3-pinball-platform

Bob C

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

will be 10000 soon

Before Christmas??

#3 10 years ago

The price, or the pin?

Not sure when the next price hike will be.

But the pin is delayed 2 months, which means buyers will be 2 big discount coupons on future game modules etc...

making it an even better deal!

#5 10 years ago

Please clarify the format.

#6 10 years ago

p3 is the only revolutionary thing coming out for pinball. Fantastic what they are doing. looking forward to seeing the next steps in this system.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

p3 is the only revolutionary thing coming out for pinball. Fantastic what they are doing. looking forward to seeing the next steps in this system.

Yeah, it's really cool and plays nice, too! I just took a peek at the website...I didn't realize they were only planning this as a home unit. Hopefully when it all comes together they'll offer it as a coin-op unit, too. It just screams "I'm modern, come play me!" I wonder if they'll make a test coin-op version and put it out on location to see what happens.

#8 10 years ago

There are plans to provide the P3 with a coin door and adjustment properties in software to enable coin operated play (in addition to the already existing wealth of convenience features available in the service mode).

Keep flippin!

#9 10 years ago

I think P3 is something most people will want to see before laying down 10k. I must say though I would be tempted if I had the money to spare.

#10 10 years ago

I still think they need a backbox on it. Could have a long vertical Monitor on the back, that dips down behind the back of the playfield as well. THat section could be interactive with the ball as well, have the part that goes beyond the cabinet be the backglass animations and what not. So you would have duel graphic interactions. Playfield, and backboard.

#11 10 years ago

Back boxes are pointless on a home game IMO. They are offering them as an option apparently.

#12 10 years ago

they are, but at the same time, it's not going to look and feel like a pin without one. Look goofy in the lineup. Good spot if you have a low ceiling part.

#13 10 years ago

I am not sure its pointless. It adds to the athmosphere. Its like leds and a nice cabin grafix.

You wont notice when playing, but it is still something that adds something.

In other words, i cant explain why it is fun to have a nice backbox. But it is.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I think P3 is something most people will want to see before laying down 10k. I must say though I would be tempted if I had the money to spare.

Yeah I love the concept and the proto plays great...but I gotta see what the actual games themselves are like before I bite.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hey are, but at the same time, it's not going to look and feel like a pin without one. Look goofy in the lineup. Good spot if you have a low ceiling part.

I agree 100%- I realize they now have a theme, but until they do a mock up, at the moment it looks like a cool whitewood.

I also agree, it is the most revolutionary thing we have seen in pinball for a long time.

The only problem I see is that it needs some badass art work. Sorry, I really believe without that, it won't catch on even with the cool/revolutionary stuff it does.

#16 10 years ago

Well most if not all of the artwork is going to be on the huge playfield LCD and everything else needs to be generic otherwise it'll look daft when you change the theme. I think it'll just be clear plastic, plain metals, solid colours and maybe a few abstract designs. Of course there is going to be lighting and sound that will help make the theme for each game.

Some pinball people really need to go with the fact that this isn't going to fit in with the other machines in your collection. In fact, this machine isn't really aimed at them, it's aimed at guys like me that only have room for one machine. Home pinball done properly. Imagine if the only way to have a video game collection was by buying an arcade cabinet!

Keeping pinballs the same just so they look the same lined up in a row is pretty silly. Let's let pinball evolve. I love that Multimorphic aren't scared to change anything if they think it will improve the core pinball experience.

Anyway, this is off topic and better posted in a proper P3 thread. GLWTS.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-p3-at-1st-pre-order-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.