• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bohdi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 10 years ago

(Also see my Market ad at http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/5776)
*SOLD* -- I have FOR SALE or FOR TRADE a rare Marilyn version of Williams' Taxi from 1988 in great condition. It has been cleaned & the playfield waxed meticulously and is 100% working.

I'm currently working on finishing shopping the machine. The playfield has the factory mylar, which has small amounts of bubbling and wear around the inserts & also has minimal wear around the return lanes. The cabinet has a few scratches and dings, but it looks great & will look even better with a few touchups.

I have cleaned under the ramps and along the entire playfield, replaced any burnt bulbs, & made sure everything was working 100%.

I will post pictures soon, as I haven't yet taken them.

The machine is competitively priced at $2200, but I will consider any offer of cash, trade, or trade + or - cash.

Please feel free to contact me through PinsideMail and I will email you more information or pictures or consider any offer.

Thanks for looking & feel free to contact me with questions!

#2 10 years ago

This reads like a Craigslist ad, LOL!

#3 10 years ago

Ive seen so many "rare Marilyn" ads that I will definitely be searching for the elusive Lola when I hunt for my Taxi. GLWS!

#4 10 years ago

I have a rare Lola, Not for sale tho.

#5 10 years ago

Rare.... lol. Marilyns seem to be mich more common.

#6 10 years ago

Marilyn's ARE more common. Maybe their more desirable, but they aren't more rare.

Glws on FT.

#7 10 years ago

I have seen 3 for sale in the midwest during the last few months, ALL of them were Marilyns.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from dmklunk:

The machine is competitively priced at $2200

Really? got my nice uber rare Marilyn for $900. I might have paid up to $1300 if it was really nice. $2200? get real.

#9 10 years ago

PM sent but my hopes are not up since $2200 is not happening by me.

#10 10 years ago

Wish I was closer.... To the beach. It's cold outside.

#11 10 years ago

It's funny how most ads read: ONLY 200 Marilyn versions produced, not this thread however which I complement Dmklunk. Where as every one I have seen in the last 2 or 3 months ( I am looking for one myself ) is a Marilyn. Mark Ritchie said "at least 200 sample games were in the process of being shipped with Marilyn before the change. Would really like to know exactly how many were Marilyn versions, my guess is a lot more than 200. Anyone have one for sale in the MN area?

#12 10 years ago

Yeah, it's funny how long you can wait to see a game where around 200 were made...except you can have 3 Marilyn version Taxis up for sale on Ebay and a few elsewhere all on a continuous basis. Almost makes we want to trade my Marilyn in for a rare Lola.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Really? got my nice uber rare Marilyn for $900. I might have paid up to $1300 if it was really nice. $2200? get real.

He's competing for highest price, not lowest price.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Yeah, it's funny how long you can wait to see a game where around 200 were made...except you can have 3 Marilyn version Taxis up for sale on Ebay and a few elsewhere all on a continuous basis. Almost makes we want to trade my Marilyn in for a rare Lola.

Yep, the Lola seems to be the rare one>>>>>>>>>>>

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-or-ft-taxi-shopped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.