(Topic ID: 86059)

FS or FT: Nice condition Used Original TAF playfield > ...

By Whysnow

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blondetall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-11.jpg
image.jpg
images-154.jpeg
popcorn_seinfeld.gif
hsdirt.jpg
popcorn gif.gif
images-724.jpeg
h7DD19E12.gif
images-426.jpeg
images-67.jpeg
article-2157883-138FF583000005DC-481_634x722.jpg
kicked-nuts-record.jpg
184756.jpg
P3310641.JPG
P3310642.JPG
P3310640.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I pulled this from my TAF and installed a new one.

I have no use for this old one and would rather have the cash or something in trade. I would also rather have it be put to good use now that IL Pinball will apparently not be selling anymore pfs and I can only assume TAF pfs will be in need?

Pictures speak for themselves, but this is overall a nice condition playfield with minor insert edge wear, no magnet burn, nice shooter lane, minor scoop wear. Easily restorable to perfect.

I tried to research an appropriate/fair price based on searching ebay for full restored examples of originals, what IPB ones that need work have recently sold for, what I paid for the one I got restored last year (which was worse starting condition than this one), and what it would likely cost to get this one fully restored and clear coated by a pro.

I arrived at ...
I had a few similar offers from people that saw my TAF game resto thread but they are no longer interested in it.

I am also interested in trade to a reputable pf restorer in exchange for them to restore and clearcoat some other stuff I want work done on (I have a Congo and CPR Centaur that need cleaned up) .

I would also be interested in trade towards a game at or coming to MGC. Cash could be added either way depending on game/condition.

Happy to take more pictures and bring to MGC. I tried to snap pics of all the wear areas.
P3310632.JPGP3310632.JPG

P3310634-297.JPGP3310634-297.JPGP3310635.JPGP3310635.JPGP3310636.JPGP3310636.JPG

#2 10 years ago

a few more pics
P3310637.JPGP3310637.JPGP3310638.JPGP3310638.JPGP3310639.JPGP3310639.JPGP3310640.JPGP3310640.JPG

#3 10 years ago

last few pics

P3310641.JPGP3310641.JPGP3310642.JPGP3310642.JPG

#4 10 years ago

pictures should be huge if you click on them. You can see all the details.

Best guess is a reputable restorer would fix this up for 600-800?

#5 10 years ago

I like cheesy D list games. Hit me up if you are localish and have one to trade so you can restore your TAF.

#6 10 years ago

pms replied to.

#7 10 years ago

If anyone wants to talk cash and pick it up at MGC let me know.

Probably worth note that this is a good base restoration candidate and not a trashed turd only good for wall hanging.

#8 10 years ago

1200 holy cow - My NOS gold pf must be worth 3600 then - thanks Snowman

#9 10 years ago

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

#10 10 years ago

have centerflank sign it

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

1200 holy cow - My NOS gold pf must be worth 3600 then - thanks Snowman

Last NOS sold for 2500.

IPB are selling for 1500 and those need work.

I had 1650 (I think? unsure of total price as I bought it a while ago and then had Neo restore it more recently) into my restored one from last year and it was a much worse starting point than this one is.

IPB is now out of business. Good luck getting more TAF pfs.

From all accounts 1200 obo seems like a pretty fair starting point on a nice condition TAF pf that is not blown out.

Quoted from joemamma:

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

This guy offered me $400 credit for his shoddy pf repair services and says restored ones sell for 1000 at most, but can't seem to find one at that price to sell.

Quoted from davewtf:

have centerflank sign it

then it would be priceless!

#12 10 years ago

lunch pms responded to.

Anyone have a Sys80 GTB to put in trade?

also happy with cash in my pocket so maybe I can find something fun at MGC?

#13 10 years ago

A couple people asked sperately so might as well answer here in case others are interested.

I am happy to ship this directly to a pro pf restorer of your choice if you arrange with them.

#14 10 years ago

Seems alittle too high for a PF that needs too be restored

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Got any data to point me in the direction of an appropriate price? I welcome evidence of what comparables have recently sold for.

I have tried to look around for comparable condition examples and use good data to derive my starting point.

#16 10 years ago

184756.jpg184756.jpgridiculous

#17 10 years ago

I wish some online sales records lasted longer than a few months. It would make pricing stuff like this quick and easy.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Well Williampinball was unable to reply to the thread but pm'd me to let me know he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about and was thread crapping with zero data to back up his claim.

I welcome examples of similar condition TAF pfs that have sold in the recent past and am happy to adjust my price accordingly. Given the data I could find, I came to what seems to be a reasonable starting price.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pms replied to.

I don't reply to pms, I run away from those with it.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I don't reply to pms

Id hit it.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

ridiculous

184756.jpg 55 KB

I've been seeing more and more of these trucks on the road lately...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I wish some online sales records lasted longer than a few months. It would make pricing stuff like this quick and easy.

I used all of the available data I had on hand. Sure would be nice to be able to track pfs as easily as we can track games. More data is always good as I always want a fair price for both a seller and a buyer (sure as a buyer a deal is always nice)

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I arrived at $1200

kicked-nuts-record.jpgkicked-nuts-record.jpg
#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

ridiculous

184756.jpg 55 KB

Policing with data to back it up is all good. Policing with nothing is not.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

kicked-nuts-record.jpg 34 KB

you are being a hypocrite Teekee. gotta love how you also chose to not include the "obo" along with your threat of violence.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are being a hypocrite Teekee.

and enjoying every second of it...

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are being a hypocrite Teekee.

I think that's just teekee's new "bump" image. I'm sure you'll see it popping up in his FS threads as well!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

you would hit anything moving

I like the expression > "You'd F$!* a snake if it had ears to hold on to"

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

you would hit anything moving

article-2157883-138FF583000005DC-481_634x722.jpgarticle-2157883-138FF583000005DC-481_634x722.jpg

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

and enjoying every second of it...

Problem is that you have no leg to stand on and all this does is cement that your real character matches that of your online persona.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

article-2157883-138FF583000005DC... 49 KB

images-67.jpegimages-67.jpeg

just sayin

#33 10 years ago

Hey man, you are into pumpkins, thats cool. Im not here to judge. You will really like this one.

images-426.jpegimages-426.jpeg

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hey man, you are into pumpkins, thats cool. Im not here to judge. You will really like this one.

images-426.jpeg 11 KB

I don't do gypsy pumpkins. I'm more refined

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I don't do gypsy pumpkins. I'm more refined

Oh a wise guy Eh?

h7DD19E12.gifh7DD19E12.gif

#36 10 years ago

hey now, no pumpin kins in my thread.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh a wise guy Eh?

Come see me again and we can take another photo

images-724.jpegimages-724.jpeg
#38 10 years ago

You will have lots of guys thinking the same thing I am WOW

#39 10 years ago

Remind me not to visit Wisconsin.

#40 10 years ago

edit: bumpage.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

along with your threat of violence.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Last NOS sold for 2500.
IPB are selling for 1500 and those need work.
I had 1650 (I think? unsure of total price as I bought it a while ago and then had Neo restore it more recently) into my restored one from last year and it was a much worse starting point than this one is.
IPB is now out of business. Good luck getting more TAF pfs.
From all accounts 1200 obo seems like a pretty fair starting point on a nice condition TAF pf that is not blown out.

This guy offered me $400 credit for his shoddy pf repair services and says restored ones sell for 1000 at most, but can't seem to find one at that price to sell.

then it would be priceless!

Shoddy work? Kiss my ass! You base that on what? Ive bought several used pf and none are worth more than $400 in need of repair. I bought a mb recently for $350, several afm's for $2-400. How many used playfield have u bought or sold I. The last year? Zero is my guess <edited>. I've never had a single customer complain. You will have the playfield for a looooooong time at $1200.

Good luck <edited>!

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Shoddy work... That's hilarious!

Post edited by moderator: No personal attacks on Pinside please.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Zero is my guess <edited>.

Who are you? You must be a well known restorer and I am unfamiliar with your business. Do tell.

#44 10 years ago

Lol I thinking he has a wall hanger

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Come see me again and we can take another photo

I do look pretty suave in the background, people often tell me I look like a young James Caan.

#46 10 years ago

I could ask anyone to name a reputable restorer and I would bet good money that Joe Mamma is nowhere on the list. He has no pictures to share of his work. He claims fully restored TAFs are 1k tops (so 300 is a fair price for mine ) yet he has none to sell. I would happily buy any professionally restored TAF for 1k, but they do not seem to exist anywhere besides the magical land of joemammasville.

Similarly, Williampinball has come back around yet not a single data point. Someone please show me a similar condition original TAF pf to what I am offering and I will happily adjust my price accordingly.

Lets do some data mining...

Here is a less than perfect restored TAF original currently on ebay for 2200
ebay.com link: Original Addams Family Playfield Restored

Now we can go to completed listings...
Here is an IPB that will likely need a similar amount of work to be made perfect as the one I am selling and it sodl for 1300
ebay.com link: The Addams Family Pinball IPB Playfield NEW

Here is a less than perfect IPB that has burn thru and went for 1500
ebay.com link: Bally The Addams Family pinball IPB reproduction playfield with clearcoat

Here is a very nice looking NOS that sold for 2600
ebay.com link: NOS addams family pinball playfield Rare

Here is a blown out one that will need way more work to restore and hence more cost to restore and it went for 500 (auction appears to have been ended early)
ebay.com link: Used addams family pinball playfield Bally

McCune just sold 3 completely blown out pfs for cheap but even he pointed out that those were not worth restoring.

#47 10 years ago

Worth mention that even JoeMamma said the one I am offering should not cost more than 600-800 for professional restoration. Now I would never claim that Joe has any clue how to restore properly because everything I have been told is to the contrary so probably should not insult the true artists. His offer of $300 cash should tell you plenty about his business practices.

On a more serious note, I was in fact told by reputable and professional restoration experts that this pf could be 100% perfectly restored relatively easily and would cost under $800.

#48 10 years ago

You're not really quoting ebay prices for pinball parts are you? Come on now. That's ridiculous.

#49 10 years ago

responded to additional pm's

Quoted from joemamma:

I bought a mb recently for $350, several afm's for $2-400.

For a claimed pf restorer you may need to realize soon that you are trying to make a comparison of MB and AFM pfs (which were recenty made by HCP and readily available; think MB was made by both HCP and IPB) to TAF pf which was made 6? years ago by IPB and even those require work.

Show me some actual TAF pfs in similar condition and you may actually add some validity to your half baked opinion.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Policing with data to back it up is all good. Policing with nothing is not.

Guy on here just sold three TAF playfields for $500.

Bailiff, whack his pee pee.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-or-ft-nice-condition-used-original-taf-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.