Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1411916939411.jpg
1411916889393.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Have a 2 part cleared NOS F14 playfield that's just sitting next to me. I'm not going to do a playfield swap, and I figure someone else
could probably put it to better use.

Located in the St. Louis area and would prefer a local sale!

1411916939411.jpg1411916939411.jpg1411916889393.jpg1411916889393.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Looks really nice! I love this classic.

#4 9 years ago

Pm sent

#5 9 years ago

Thanks, it took many actual sessions of multiple coats. Then lots wetsanding in between and more clearing to get everything nice and even. I touched up the black around the chevron inserts as well.

Thanks oldpinster, this was the first machine I ever had/played. It's defonitely the one that got me into pinball. I think it has some of the best lighting and sounds! Not to mention speed!

#6 9 years ago

PM sent...also, noting that the inserts were touched up, is this NOS or a used PF with touch ups?

#7 9 years ago

NOS, just some of the black lines where the insert meets the playfield had hairline breaks in the paint so I touched them up after the first clear/wetsanding. Then I continued to clear, wetsand, repeat.

#8 9 years ago

Damn that's tempting.

#9 9 years ago

Is this playfield fully drilled so all that is needed is to put the stuff on? The reason I ask is that some of the NOS playfields were not drilled.

Your clear looks great!

#11 9 years ago

Is it ok to drill on the clearcoat and not mess it up?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Damn that's tempting.

I'm sure I could do a swap but this would look good when done

#13 9 years ago

I believe that on the wiring side there are dimples that provide hole location information. You may have to use a very small drill bit (1/32) drilling from the wiring side to locate the hole on the artside then use correct size brad point bit to reduce possible cracking and splitting the clearcoat. You determine the hole/drill size based on the hole in your original playfield. Got to make sure you are drilling perpendicular to the playfield surface.

If the playfield doesn't have the dimples to locate the holes you will have to use your original playfield
as a template to locate the holes.

#14 9 years ago

Are any of the chevron inserts cracked? Couldn't tell from the picture and NOS F-14 playfields are notorious for that.

#15 9 years ago

Just wanted to update this for all the PMs I haven't gotten to yet that this is tentatively sold.

My apologies that I can't keep up with each individually, but I'm at work on my phone.

If anything falls through I will follow the order in which I was inquired!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nos-clearcoated-f14-playfield-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.