Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
CAM00162.jpg
CAM00168.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Going to sell my Congo since I made a deal to get a pin I have been wanting to get back forever. I really like this game, harder to come by, but I'll save my regret for later.

The Good/addons:
- powder coated
- Subwoofer
- Color changing LED strip in Volcano for a nice lava effect
- 2 led strips hidden on outlanes to give a nice effect. Those 2 can be easily removed if they are not for you, no problem.
- new lower playfield window
- Full Leds
- rebuilt flippers - game flows quite fast and is one of the better playing congos I've payed, trying to put all bias aside.

The Bad:
- has a scratch on lower center of PF, shown in a pic. I have the decal for it, just not stuck on, but I can quickly put it on for you. Pic with it set over area, looks good.
- small chip on lower bottom of cab, shown in pic as well

Asking $3,500, but very open to offers. Willing to ship as well as needed, just make the arrangements. Not really interested in trade since I'm selling to open capital.....unless of course you wanted to trade me towards a TOTAN

Uploaded full album at http://s886.photobucket.com/user/jrivelli/library/congo?sort=3&page=1

CAM00162.jpgCAM00162.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Nice looking Congo....GLWS

#3 10 years ago

Yep. Looks good. Lots of TLC. Would love details on led strip for lava effect.

#4 10 years ago

way to much green in the lighting. Looks good otherwise. the GI LED's need to go.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

way to much green in the lighting. Looks good otherwise. the GI LED's need to go.

Looks far less green in person. Best part about this? Buy it and change the GI! The green looks really rampant and washed out in pics

#6 10 years ago

I miss my Congo already.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I bought a mostly green GI colorbombed Congo, and as I started to change out the GI for white bulbs, suddenly it just didn't look as cool! So - I only changed a few. One bulb by the left targets so the text on the plastics would be colored correctly. One under the "hut " art by the shooter lane. One by the HIPPOS inserts so the blue water would be colored correctly. A few others near the back based on colors on plastics...but green under the green plants plastics actually looks really good. Orange under the slings looks REALLY good. I looked at my other games and went "hmmmm" ...but really didn't see any other colorbomb candidates. Congo kinda works for some reason.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bought a mostly green GI colorbombed Congo, and as I started to change out the GI for white bulbs, suddenly it just didn't look as cool! So - I only changed a few. One bulb by the left targets so the text on the plastics would be colored correctly. One under the "hut " art by the shooter lane. One by the HIPPOS inserts so the blue water would be colored correctly. A few others near the back based on colors on plastics...but green under the green plants plastics actually looks really good. Orange under the slings looks REALLY good. I looked at my other games and went "hmmmm" ...but really didn't see any other colorbomb candidates. Congo kinda works for some reason.

Yeah I noticed the selective thing works pretty well on Congo too. I have a few I need to change back to white, but for the most part, colors really do work well and look cool on this machine.

#9 10 years ago

it's hard to judge by pictures as well, because LED's do not photograph well at all. On my Atlantis the blue mode LED's came out looking purple in pictures.

#10 10 years ago

I do agree. I just picked up a POTC and had to tone down some of the LEDS. Too much color and brightness for me.

#11 10 years ago

bump.

#12 10 years ago

I think congo needs a cool plane mod for the right side of the pf instead of the the little plastic circle with artwork.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I think congo needs a cool plane mod for the right side of the pf instead of the the little plastic circle with artwork.

I was just doing that to mine: I bought this plane here and installing the green and red leds tonight.

ebay.com link: itm

#14 10 years ago

Great idea. Lots of other planes would work, too:

http://impdb.org/index.php?title=Congo

Today I learned there's an Internet Movie Plane Database.

#15 10 years ago

Evening bump.

#17 10 years ago

Agreed

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 10 years ago

wrong plane

#19 10 years ago
#20 10 years ago

I like the plastic with the plane on it better actually. Of course I prefer mostly factory games. not a huge fan of mods.

#21 10 years ago

Might have been looking to get out of the Congo in a hurry with that bad boy.

#22 10 years ago

GLWTS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Game is sold! Thanks everyone who inquired!

#25 10 years ago

Congratz, but I think you may regret it down the line. I can fire my Congo up anytime and never get bored with it. I can't say that with many other games I've owned for less time.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Congratz, but I think you may regret it down the line. I can fire my Congo up anytime and never get bored with it. I can't say that with many other games I've owned for less time.

I already agree. I had trouble listing it for sale. Although, I have my favorite pin of all time coming in today so I think that will make up for it

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I already agree. I had trouble listing it for sale. Although, I have my favorite pin of all time coming in today so I think that will make up for it

I know, I know, there's always something out there that seems better at the time. I've been there.

#28 10 years ago

Oh, not at the time. I've been trying to get a TOTAN for my entire collecting career. And well, now Im picking one up.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Oh, not at the time. I've been trying to get a TOTAN for my entire collecting career. And well, now Im picking one up.

Holy shit. I actually sold my TOTAN to BUY a Congo. I owned TOTAN for 2 months, I've owned Congo for a year and a half. For me, Congo was just the better pin. TOTAN is a good looking game though, and was my first DMD, so I do have a soft spot for it.

#30 10 years ago

Next day evening bump.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Next day evening bump.

game is sold?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Next day evening bump.

WOW, that just took cheerleading to a whole new level...

#34 10 years ago

Congrats fellow, Northwesterner!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Next day evening bump.

Thanks for the bump, but game had sold!

#36 10 years ago

I see the photo gallery shows Black and White cabinet - anyone know anywhere to get colored cabinet decals

#37 10 years ago

Congrats on sale!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from matthewra:

I see the photo gallery shows Black and White cabinet - anyone know anywhere to get colored cabinet decals

I'm not too sure they are making the colored decals currently. Although, I would contact Markmon as he at times has lots of extra decals and parts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nice-congo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.