Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-658.jpg
IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3135.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG

#1 5 years ago

This is a really nice Monster Bash that I am selling for my good friend. He initially bought this game a few years ago to give the two us a project to work on in his retirement. I did an absolute maniacal shop job on it including stripping the playfield top and bottom, polishing the playfield and replacing all of the coil sleeves, new plastics, etc, etc. When we were done the game went to his condo where it sat and was barely played. He returned it to me a few months ago for me to sell it. It looked like there were only 50 games or so played on it since we shopped it. I went ahead and cleaned it out and put new rubber on it again just for good measure. It is clean enough to eat off of the top or bottom of the playfield. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer, cleaner MB playfield. It plays like a dream too. The cabinet has not been restored and has some of the expected wrinkles around the legs as well as some small dings and scrapes. All things considered the cabinet is not bad though. Here are some other notes:

New Vishay display
New Playfield plastics
New stainless service rails under playfield
Completely rebuilt flippers including coils, bats and bushings
New cabinet nut plates and leg bolts
Pinbits protector set
Cliffy protector
Pinball Pro Sub

This game is located in Cocoa Florida 32926. I would prefer selling it locally so the buyer can come and see and play it in person. I would be willing to put the machine on a pallet, wrap, etc for pickup by NAVL. I should also note that Don from Pinballs on the Move will be coming by here to drop off an EM later this month before Southern Pinball Festival. If you are along his beaten path, he can white glove it into your house for a good price.

Contact me (John) at: zeecarr1 at earthlink.net or via IM

I attached a few pictures. Note that the playfield shines so much it basically has a mirror finish, so there are a lot of misleading reflections. These are not imperfections. Also, there is a link below to a bunch of high res pictures in broad daylight where nothing can be hidden. If anything the small bumps or nicks that you can see in these pictures will not be visible in your gameroom, but I like to disclose everything. Not many games can stand up to having detailed pictures like these!

https://picasaweb.google.com/117854656125087315135/MonsterBash?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIjJ3vPJ9qD4dA&feat=directlink

IMG_3102.JPG
IMG_3157.JPG
IMG_3135.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG

#2 5 years ago

Monday morning bump and price drop!

#3 5 years ago

I'm waiting for the remake.

GLWTS

#4 5 years ago

I've seen this machine and it is gorgeous! Deal with confidence!

#5 5 years ago

Looking to trade for other pins?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

GLWTS

I'm waiting for you to say something intelligent. (Not gonna happen) GLWTS OP! Great deal!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

GLWTS

Seems sort of silly to me. There is no remake announced. One may or may not occur, but if one does happen, it's multiple years away. People are going to hold off buying games for years now to "see what happens"? Wow.

#8 5 years ago

I am not in the market at this price, but a new one for lower price I would buy. Same with MM not paying $11k for a clean example but will pay $8k for new one.

IMO used MM prices will decrease if people can buy a new one, any pin over $9k that can be remade might have resistance at this price point.

As for waiting, I have waited for a decade to buy MM solely because I wanted a A1 condition for $8k have waited all this time would be fine to wait for MB if it doesn't get remade so be it, I can live without it.

#9 5 years ago

Very nice looking MB!
WIWIMGR = wish it was in my game room!

GLWS

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am not in the market at this price, but a new one for lower price I would buy. Same with MM not paying $11k for a clean example but will pay $8k for new one.
IMO used MM prices will decrease if people can buy a new one, any pin over $9k that can be remade might have resistance at this price point.
As for waiting, I have waited for a decade to buy MM solely because I wanted a A1 condition for $8k have waited all this time would be fine to wait for MB if it doesn't get remade so be it, I can live without it.

You could have bought an a1 condition mm for less than $8k if you've been looking for 10 years.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am waiting for the zizzle version. (NO, NOT the PPR version.. the zizzle version).. they go for much less and to me its all the same (flippers, balls, scores) and I am willing to bet once its released this pin and the MBR will be worth less. Also, I cant afford the 8K for a MMR version so my opinion here is important to those that are considering buying this game.

Quoted from davewtf:

You could have bought an a1 condition mm for less than $8k if you've been looking for 10 years.

And he could have bought my restored MB with upgrades and all chrome for 6K just 3 years ago but he is waiting for something in A1 steak sauce condition.

Oh, and OP, GLWTS

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Looking to trade for other pins?

Not looking for a trade. Also, might have a WOZ LE pre order available if someone wants to make an offer. Maybe a package deal?

1 month later
#13 5 years ago

I thought I had this pin sold locally, but it fell through. Anyway it is back on the market and I'd like to sell it soon. Please check out the pictures! Price is dropped to $9000 for a quick sale.

Once again, not looking for trades. The WoZ pre-order mentioned above is not for sale after all. I convinced my friend to hang onto it.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

GLWTS

By the time a MB remake comes out (if it ever does) the price on new machines will probably be $9K or more. And it will be at least several years bofore you could play it.

#15 5 years ago

MB is at least 2 games away (see other thread where rick basically says CC is next) Plus it'll cost more/be less likely thanks to added Universal Monsters license.

#16 5 years ago

a CQ monster bash for 9k right now, and no ones bought it yet? and from a great seller too? wtf is the world coming to?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

(see other thread where rick basically says CC is next)

Link please, I missed that.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is a really nice Monster Bash that I am selling for my good friend. He initially bought this game a few years ago to give the two us a project to work on in his retirement. I did an absolute maniacal shop job on it including stripping the playfield top and bottom, polishing the playfield and replacing all of the coil sleeves, new plastics, etc, etc. When we were done the game went to his condo where it sat and was barely played. He returned it to me a few months ago for me to sell it. It looked like there were only 50 games or so played on it since we shopped it. I went ahead and cleaned it out and put new rubber on it again just for good measure. It is clean enough to eat off of the top or bottom of the playfield. You would be hard pressed to find a nicer, cleaner MB playfield. It plays like a dream too. The cabinet has not been restored and has some of the expected wrinkles around the legs as well as some small dings and scrapes. All things considered the cabinet is not bad though. Here are some other notes:
New Vishay display
New Playfield plastics
New stainless service rails under playfield
Completely rebuilt flippers including coils, bats and bushings
New cabinet nut plates and leg bolts
Pinbits protector set
Cliffy protector
Pinball Pro Sub
This game is located in Cocoa Florida 32926. I would prefer selling it locally so the buyer can come and see and play it in person. I would be willing to put the machine on a pallet, wrap, etc for pickup by NAVL. I should also note that Don from Pinballs on the Move will be coming by here to drop off an EM later this month before Southern Pinball Festival. If you are along his beaten path, he can white glove it into your house for a good price.
Contact me (John) at: zeecarr1 at earthlink.net or via IM
I attached a few pictures. Note that the playfield shines so much it basically has a mirror finish, so there are a lot of misleading reflections. These are not imperfections. Also, there is a link below to a bunch of high res pictures in broad daylight where nothing can be hidden. If anything the small bumps or nicks that you can see in these pictures will not be visible in your gameroom, but I like to disclose everything. Not many games can stand up to having detailed pictures like these!
https://picasaweb.google.com/117854656125087315135/MonsterBash?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIjJ3vPJ9qD4dA&feat=directlink
Image (auto-loading disabled)

IMG_3102.JPG 151 KB

IMG_3157.JPG 193 KB

IMG_3135.JPG 223 KB

IMG_3147.JPG 197 KB

IMG_3148.JPG 164 KB

Looks very nice good work!

#19 5 years ago

Bump. I thought it might be sold but it is once again available! Asking price once again dropped.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Seems sort of silly to me. There is no remake announced. One may or may not occur, but if one does happen, it's multiple years away. People are going to hold off buying games for years now to "see what happens"? Wow.

It's the CPR playfield BS. I had an nos totan pf 3 years ago I sold and the nuts of the world said wait any day CPR will release the remake at 1/2 the price. Still waiting.....

PT is a good dude, a stern fanboy lately, but a good dude. Buy in confidence.

#21 5 years ago

Priced too low, PT. GLWS. Looks great!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

PT is a good dude, a stern fanboy lately, but a good dude. Buy in confidence.

Haha. Thanks.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

GLWTS

this would be a typical a-hole thread crap if there WAS a MB remake out there.... but given the fact that there isn't, it rises to the level of a exceptional a-hole threadcrap.

this certain looks like a damn good deal for someone on the market for a nice. I really wish it wasn't 2 weeks b4 xmas with my discretionary funds tapped out. Stupid posts in FS threads like this last one is why more and more ppl avoid selling here and THAT hurts all of us.

#24 5 years ago

Everyone can argue each day and every day about pricing. I have said this many times "people and market conditions dictate price". Look at the housing market.

As for the MB. My take is simple. People aren't jumping on this due to price uncertainty. Honestly, I am not smart enough to truly know if the remakes put a "price lid on the resales" and if they do what that lid will be. If not for the "collectability of the original argument" which I am not totally sold on but it does have possible merit we would all be in agreement that a NIB is worth more then a USED PIN (we see this every day on titles like TRON for instance).

With that being said. If "collectability" is taken out of the equation and we knew for sure they were remaking MB (which we don't) and we "assume" that it will sell for $8K then I would say under those circumstances an old MB is worth well under $7K.....don't shoot me as I am not saying "collectability" doesn't make an old MB worth more then a new one I am just saying this is what any buyer has to decide before he buys any of these older pins (CC, MM, AFM or MB).

Finally, once they remade MM prices have dropped....period. You can just look at sales threads earlier this year and look at them now. Personally, I always felt anyone paying over $10K for a used pin was treating it like a "work of art" and if they were right they would be fine. If they were wrong they were "going to get their head handed to them" and my opinion has and always will be that no pin if worth over $10K and have limited my purchases to $6K or less and will continue to do so as I believe even a MM remake will be selling for less then $7K after it becomes an HUO down the road.

BTW, I do feel that based on prices I have seen for MB this is a GREAT PRICE if you assume it is "collectible" and they will not re-make the title !!! As they say "do you feel lucky".....remember, these pins used to sell for under $6K not all that long ago (3-4 years). This was before any remakes either so there is always downside.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Everyone can argue each day and every day about pricing. I have said this many times "people and market conditions dictate price". Look at the housing market.
As for the MB. My take is simple. People aren't jumping on this due to price uncertainty. Honestly, I am not smart enough to truly know if the remakes put a "price lid on the resales" and if they do what that lid will be. If not for the "collectability of the original argument" which I am not totally sold on but it does have possible merit we would all be in agreement that a NIB is worth more then a USED PIN (we see this every day on titles like TRON for instance).
With that being said. If "collectability" is taken out of the equation and we knew for sure they were remaking MB (which we don't) and we "assume" that it will sell for $8K then I would say under those circumstances an old MB is worth well under $7K.....don't shoot me as I am not saying "collectability" doesn't make an old MB worth more then a new one I am just saying this is what any buyer has to decide before he buys any of these older pins(CC, MM, AFM or MB).
Finally, once they remade MM prices have dropped....period. You can just look at sales threads earlier this year and look at them now. Personally, I always felt anyone paying over $10K for a used pin was treating it like a "work of art" and if they were right they would be fine. If they were wrong they were "going to get their head handed to them" and my opinion has and always will be that no pin if worth over $10K and have limited my purchases to $6K or less and will continue to do so as I believe even a MM remake will be selling for less then $7K after it becomes an HUO down the road.
BTW, I do feel that based on prices I have seen for MB this is a GREAT PRICE if you assume it is "collectible" and they will not re-make the title !!! As they say "do you feel lucky".....remember, these pins used to sell for under $6K not all that long ago (3-4 years). This was before any remakes either so there is always downside.

All valid points, however I think the main reason this one is sitting is because it's so close to Christmas. People traveling, buying gifts, etc. just eat up a chunk of the budget. Just my .02

#26 5 years ago

Anyone else having trouble loading the pics on the above link?
I have tried from 4 different computers and this is all I get...
image-658.jpg

#27 5 years ago

They are working fine for me.

Chris

#28 5 years ago

Looks like there is a deal pending.

#29 5 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS.......best price I have seen on a MB in that shape in a LONG TIME.

Someone got a really nice pin. Even if they re-make it that could take years so he gets to enjoy it right now and that is worth something (everyone forgets that !!!).

#30 5 years ago

FYI to everyone. MM 1st, AFM 2nd (almost like MM, so of course it would be), CC next (if sales of MM & AFM are good) and finally MB ( need the cash of the other three to buy rights for this one). We'll see...

Looks beautiful!

GLWS!

#31 5 years ago

Hence the rush of arm for sale???

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

FYI to everyone. MM 1st, AFM 2nd (almost like MM, so of course it would be), CC next (if sales of MM & AFM are good) and finally MB ( need the cash of the other three to buy rights for this one). We'll see...

Really though, the more buyers are going on the 'wait and see' mentality and prices drop on these titles, the less likely it is that future remakes will be deemed profitable by PPS. If you can buy a super sharp MB now for under $9k, is there really going to be a long line (1000+ ?) of people throwing money at a remake 2 years from now? You can already buy a nice AFM if you have 8k burning a hole in your pocket, so why wait for a remake? I'm not saying there aren't guys who will do it, but would there really be enough to support production, even if they lower the price somewhat? If I was looking to sell any top titles right, I'd be playing the 'wait and see' game myself.

Brian

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

All valid points, however I think the main reason this one is sitting is because it's so close to Christmas. People traveling, buying gifts, etc. just eat up a chunk of the budget. Just my .02

"10K by Christmas" or "I think the main reason this one is sitting is because it's so close to Christmas". Hmm, which one of the these applies to the pin hobby right now?

Good luck to the seller. This is an outstanding price for an outstanding pin based on past sales of these.

#34 5 years ago

Pretty wild this is still for sale

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks like there is a deal pending.

Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Pretty wild this is still for sale

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside