(Topic ID: 24065)

FS: NIB X-Men LE Wolverine w/shaker motor (priced to sell)

By jaimmy127

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

NIB X-Men LE Wolverine w/free shaker motor kit. Price is $6,695.

Can to ship machine to terminal in US for $200 or can be picked up in central Ohio.

I may be able to provide transportation to Expo as well. Contact me to discuss possibilities.

Jim
614-893-3282
j a i m m y 1 2 7 (at) g m a i l . c o m

#2 11 years ago

Good luck with your sale.

#5 11 years ago

Great seller here gang.

#6 11 years ago

XM LE the next TFLE? Price is going down?

#7 11 years ago

This is a great price for new in box with shaker motor for what many consider the best of the two choices, this was over 7k not that long ago. I think it will sell quickly!

#8 11 years ago

Every single Stern goes down in price after the immediate release. See: CoasterGuy's revelation last night that he sold TRON LE for less than he pre-paid, just 3 weeks after he got it. Once the code is updated a time or two again, and the LEs are sold out by the distros, the price will climb. TRON LE was probably an anomaly, and I wouldn't expect XM to repeat that price hike. But XM will be fine. TFLE will, too - in the long run. All it takes is one more code update, and the game is great (see: BDK).

#9 11 years ago

Is the buyer covered under sterns warranty?

#10 11 years ago

New buyer is covered. Call if you have questions on this.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Every single Stern goes down in price after the immediate release. See: CoasterGuy's revelation last night that he sold TRON LE for less than he pre-paid, just 3 weeks after he got it. Once the code is updated a time or two again, and the LEs are sold out by the distros, the price will climb. TRON LE was probably an anomaly, and I wouldn't expect XM to repeat that price hike. But XM will be fine. TFLE will, too - in the long run. All it takes is one more code update, and the game is great (see: BDK).

Another TFLE update by years end, yup that's right Happy Thanksgiving/Merry Christmas !

XMLE is a great game, nothing wrong with it. Just because people are selling doesn't mean a thing !

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Totally correct on all counts. XMen is in good shape. It is a highly collectible theme and the LE's were a small run. There are not too many more Wolverine's in this world than there are Big Bang Bars...way way fewer than MM or AFM.

People shouldn't really view pins as an investment anyway (though granted those that have the past two years have seen a better return than I have on my retirement account). Pins are a hobby, game, or toy depending on who you are (unless you are a distributor of course)...very dangerous to speculate on items like pins.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Another TFLE update by years end, yup that's right Happy Thanksgiving/Merry Christmas !
XMLE is a great game, nothing wrong with it. Just because people are selling doesn't mean a thing !

Stern will (or should) earn a tip of the hat from some people if they do one more TFLE code update. Everyone was saying they were going to leave it for dead not that long ago like they did wheel of fortune. I will be very pleased if that is not the case and more code comes. The game does have good potential.

#14 11 years ago

If they do a TF update just to stir the lot it would be huge success. It's the best marketing - sales promotion they could do this year. It has much more value than to the game itself.

#15 11 years ago

My problem with XM is it looks like zizzle artwork and the callouts are...cheapish

I wanted to like it but got a Tron instead.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

My problem with XM is it looks like zizzle artwork and the callouts are...cheapish
I wanted to like it but got a Tron instead.

I enjoy mine a lot, but the voice work does get old fast. I've nev turfed a pin on callouts alone, but I can't say it doesn't bother me. I'm really praying this gets fixed.
Artwork is what I think everyone expected, comics.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I enjoy mine a lot, but the voice work does get old fast. I've nev turfed a pin on callouts alone, but I can't say it doesn't bother me. I'm really praying this gets fixed.
Artwork is what I think everyone expected, comics.

I like Beast's call outs. He's so cheesy it is funny. Storm on the other hand. Yikes!!!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

All it takes is one more code update, and the game is great (see: BDK).

Pretty much this.

I think with a hefty code update, Transformers will be great. I'm fairly certain the same will be of Xmen too. I'm dying to see gameplay tweaks to AC/DC myself.

#19 11 years ago

X-Men artwork is as good as it gets, for X-Men fans. Sorry, but that is absolute truth.

#20 11 years ago

X-men Artwork is BOSS!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

X-Men artwork is as good as it gets, for X-Men fans

I can see that. I was never a comic book fan but it does look very similiar

#22 11 years ago

Bump

#23 11 years ago

Once the new code comes out you will have no problems selling this.

#24 11 years ago

Yeh I disagree the artwork is not the problem

The software and possibly the tight shots are probably why some do not like the game. It is all taste. I like X-men though I do not love it. The left scoop and tight shots which impede the flow are what keeps it from being a top 5 in my opinion.

X-men LE will sit in the top 20 as it is a very good game. I think the price will stay around $6K for a long time. I do not see it going any higher than that for a long time.

Price is fair for a NIB with shaker.

#25 11 years ago

The people who don't like the tough shots are just people who suck at pinball. :p

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I can see that. I was never a comic book fan but it does look very similiar

That's because Zizzle did a Marvel game with Marvel comic book art. X-Men is a Marvel game with Marvel comic book art. LOL...really lame comparing this to a Zizzle based on both games using hand drawn art from the same license.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The people who don't like the tough shots are just people who suck at pinball. :p

That's not true at all. I like a game to flow well and X-men does not. I love John Borg and Steve Ritchie games though X-men just does not feel as smooth as Tron, Iron Man or AC/DC. I have long ball times on X-men though I cannot get the play down to where I feel it is fluid or smooth.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

That's not true at all. I like a game to flow well and X-men does not. I love John Borg and Steve Ritchie games though X-men just does not feel as smooth as Tron, Iron Man or AC/DC. I have long ball times on X-men though I cannot get the play down to where I feel it is fluid or smooth.

I guess I'm crazy when I'm flowing through the pops to the upper ramp, then to Cyclops and back to the upper ramp, then to the Iceman ramp and then back thru the pops....*shrug*

I think it's easier to control flow on AC/DC or Iron Man...it's the familar 2-ramp back 'n forth. X-Men's flow is a bit harder but I find it to be more satisfying when I get it going. It's a similar flow to Tron, so...I feel the same way about Tron.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I guess I'm crazy when I'm flowing through the pops to the upper ramp, then to Cyclops and back to the upper ramp, then to the Iceman ramp and then back thru the pops....*shrug*
I think it's easier to control flow on AC/DC or Iron Man...it's the familar 2-ramp back 'n forth. X-Men's flow is a bit harder but I find it to be more satisfying when I get it going. It's a similar flow to Tron, so...I feel the same way about Tron.

Yep. You want flow, buy TRS. Those big wide ramp entrances are nice and easy to hit for back and forth *cough* flow.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...really lame comparing this to a Zizzle based on both games using hand drawn art from the same license

I don't like either very much, I guess I am consistent. In my lifetime I have not bought one comic book.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I don't like either very much, I guess I am consistent. In my lifetime I have not bought one comic book.

Regardless....you know what a hand drawn drawing looks like, right? Comic books are hand drawn. All pinballs pre-Sega/Stern were hand drawn. So - by this logic, do all older pinballs look like Zizzles due to their hand drawn art?

#32 11 years ago

Hand drawn comic art is far superior to the crappy photoshop pictures of actors Stern loves to put out. I can't stand looking at actors faces on playfields or translites. It reeks of cheap lazy work to me.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Definitely. Basically, the XM layout and flow aren't going to appeal to as many people, because it's a tougher, tighter shooting game.

Most players expect to flail around and start things up by Ball 3. Tron and ACDC, definitely the case, with very easy ramp shots, the ball finds its way into the shots with flailing. XM really requires aim, and the only gimmee is the Weapon X multi. The Dark Phoenix wizard mode is the new Valinor, but probably more difficult in that the villian modes are paused during multis.

I don't forsee XM having the general overall mass appeal of ACDC, mainly for those reasons, but look for it to have a smaller, more fanatical, cult following.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

probably more difficult in that the villian modes are paused during multis

No they're not.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from jonny_eh:

No they're not.

Ok, so you are saying that none of the villian modes are paused during mutis? You're saying that all villians can be stacked with multi? Just trying to clarify before we proceed...

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Definitely. Basically, the XM layout and flow aren't going to appeal to as many people, because it's a tougher, tighter shooting game.
Most players expect to flail around and start things up by Ball 3. Tron and ACDC, definitely the case, with very easy ramp shots, the ball finds its way into the shots with flailing. XM really requires aim,

Exactly. I think that's why I like the Shadow King mode a lot...even though it's super hard. When I make a point to aim for that far far Xavier shot (to light a hero to free from the Shadow King), and NAIL it...it feels very satisfying. This is why I like X-Men...I can play it "momentum fast/crazy" style, or "catch the ball and aim precisely" style.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Ok, so you are saying that none of the villian modes are paused during mutis? You're saying that all villians can be stacked with multi? Just trying to clarify before we proceed...

There's one that pauses during Multi...I think it's a bug, since it's just that one. It's either Omega Red or Sentinels ...can't remember off the top of my head. The rest run through Multiball...but it's tough to tell as you don't see their animation and lit shots are sometimes Multiball jackpots (typical of games w/ lots of stacking). It would be cool if the DMD went back and forth between Magneto & the mode animation so you knew how much time you had left....or - it would be nice if you got unlimited mode timer if you stack it....they way they do it on Monster Bash!

#38 11 years ago

Since you guys hijacked my FS post, at least someone can step up and buy the darn thing!! Just kidding. Couple of inquiries but still available as of now.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

Since you guys hijacked my FS post, at least someone can step up and buy the darn thing!! Just kidding. Couple of inquiries but still available as of now.

It's been a day, dude. Only some of us wackos look at pinside every day.

#40 11 years ago

Bump.

Open to reasonable offers (cash or trade).

#41 11 years ago

The money wire has been sent and I included money for the shaker! Thanks Jim for the awesome service so far. Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy. Always nice to move a machine from your wishlist, to your owned list. So what's this about a code update??

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

View it as free bumps. Bump.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The software and possibly the tight shots are probably why some do not like the game. It is all taste. I like X-men though I do not love it. The left scoop and tight shots which impede the flow are what keeps it from being a top 5 in my opinion.

X-men LE will sit in the top 20 as it is a very good game. I think the price will stay around $6K for a long time. I do not see it going any higher than that for a long time.

Price is fair for a NIB with shaker.

I agree completely with all of this. It's a good game for sure, but the shots.....ugh. It's not going to get any better either.

Saying that I don't like the shots because I suck at pinball doesn't bother me. I don't like the shots. I've got to Portal a few times, RTU several times, KOTR 3 times, Vacation Jackpot, TABA many times (no, not Valinor), etc etc. I don't think that I completely suck. But whatever......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-x-men-le-wolverine-wshaker-motor-priced-to-sell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.