Jack-Nicholson-lol.gif
image-601.jpg
turtles-330.png
chances.jpg
image-619.jpg
Lois BE.gif
image-363.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

I just don't see why Jack would comment on this thread at all unless he had an axe to grind with Bene - to drive down the price on his WOZECLE. But even if he did have an axe to grind - now everybody is leery of support.
When these machines are 1 year old none of it will matter anyway.

I like turtles.

Post edited by Joshmx19 : Meh I have no dog in this fight! Why bother...

#152 10 years ago

WOZ is so unreliable even the warranty fails

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

No factory warranty on the ECLEWOZ game.

I wonder if this was post was made "for the love of pinball"? LLLLLLMFAO!

#154 10 years ago

Man - truly amazing how much misinformation or lack of information or just hate of JJP leads to negative threads turning negative lately.

Really - has everyone forgotten TZ or STTNG? All wide body games with lots of additional moving parts.... that required lots of maintenance.

Seriously give the game a chance and wait and see what happens with the 2.0 code release and we find out what the proposed solution with the led boards is.

Some people have indeed had some problems.......and some people have had ZERO problems. Perhaps stop trying to paint it as a black and white issue - its not. To try and paint it so only demonstrates a lack of understanding.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Man - truly amazing how much misinformation or lack of information or just hate of JJP leads to negative threads turning negative lately.
Really - has everyone forgotten TZ or STTNG? All wide body games with lots of additional moving parts.... that required lots of maintenance.
Seriously give the game a chance and wait and see what happens with the 2.0 code release and we find out what the proposed solution with the led boards is.
Some people have indeed had some problems.......and some people have had ZERO problems. Perhaps stop trying to paint it as a black and white issue - its not. To try and paint it so only demonstrates a lack of understanding.

My tz never needed any more maintenance than any other machine would need. This is Jacks fault he obviously has some sort of grudge and he shot himself in the foot and stirred the pot on this one. These threads are funny but do get tiring.

#156 10 years ago

This for sale thread is only one day old. Too soon for a price drop yet. Staying tuned just in case.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

My tz never needed any more maintenance than any other machine would need. This is Jacks fault he obviously has some sort of grudge and he shot himself in the foot and stirred the pot on this one. These threads are funny but to get tiring though.

And yet others would indicate TZ is a bear to keep at 100%. Just as some with WOZ are having problems and some are not. I do not believe jack is out to stick it to anyone buying a second hand game vs trying to preserve the business arrangement he has with licensed distributors.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'll bet he isn't.
As someone who runs a pinball company, I would assume he's got better things to do than get into a pissing match in a for-sale thread (on a game he already got paid once for!).... you know... like actually making and shipping pinball machines....

At least he is shipping them, that's the truth!!

I still recon he would be laughing at JJP and the way he has conducted himself in this thread.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

YOU would certainly know a shill!

How is that?

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

"Shill"? ...
back in the old days they just called them "customers"
BTW, I seem to recall this "shill" posting one of the most positive reviews of WOZ on these boards- with details about it out-earning all his other pins on site....

You are confused. Never had a single pin on a route or location. That is pinaholic.

#161 10 years ago

I like turtles.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I like turtles.

Quoted from Joshmx19:

I like turtles.
Post edited by Joshmx19 : Meh I have no dog in this fight! Why bother...

Let me guess, you like turtles?

#163 10 years ago

turtles-330.pngturtles-330.png

Here you go turtle man

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Look on the bright side. If Jack has time to be surfing the FS threads (and sh!t all over one), they must have all the kinks worked out at the factory and WOZLes are probably FLYING out the door........ ISH......
But seriously - really shocking to see him post that into a thread.... Anyone imagine Gary pulling a bush-league stunt like that?

Gary was in Sydney working customer relations with his customer base

rd

image-601.jpgimage-601.jpg

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

You are confused. Never had a single pin on a route or location. That is pinaholic.

I was talking about this thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/say-what-you-want-about-woz-it-truly-out-earns-any-other-pin-in-the-field

Is this OP not the same Benepinballs from Omaha?

#166 10 years ago

Seriously give the game a chance

This F6 Shitnado has nothing to do with "giving WoZ a chance" or the relative complexity of wide body pins...???

The thread turned negative when the owner (or part owner, now) of JJP jumped into a FS thread and threadcrapped on a sold WoZ.... All that's come after has been a result of that....

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

This F6 Shitnado has nothing to do with "giving WoZ a chance" or the relative complexity of wide body pins...???
The thread turned negative when the owner (or part owner, now) of JJP jumped into a FS thread and threadcrapped on a sold WoZ.... All that's come after has been a result of that....

Jesus, who gives a shit anymore.
Do you ever stop talking?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

image-601.jpg 257 KB

I have a new found respect for Gary. Love this pic. Looks like a good time is being had by all.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I have a new found respect for Gary. Love this pic. Looks like a good time is being had by all.

Gary rocks

All he wanted to talk about was riding his Harley around NZ one day.

I hope I'm that cool when I am 68 years old.

rd

#170 10 years ago

As someone who very patiently has over $12,000 "on loan" to JJP while still waiting for my WOZLE and The Hobbit to be produced, I might have to reconsider my purchases and ask for my money back.

Jack, your warranty policy is pure BS. When I buy a car, it doesn't matter where I buy it from. The warranty is transferable to the new owner. Your line about caring and supporting your dealers is also pure BS. Otherwise you would have never taken direct sales from the factory.

I can understand that you might not have the resources to send a tech out to service a pin that was not sold by yourself or by an authorized JJP distributor, but you should at least support the pinball owner with parts replacement during the warranty period.

You can expect a call from me today to discuss my purchases.

Tom -roc-noc-

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

No factory warranty on the ECLEWOZ game.

Quoted from JerseyJack:

The company has a policy. In this case a factory warranty that has a value, or not, depending on who buys the game.
We just want to make potential buyers aware that it does not apply to unauthorized dealers or second hand owners.
We are very supportive of the secondary market and beyond. We will support anything we build but at a cost out of warranty.

Do yourself a favor and stay off of the forums, commenting publicly was really not in your best interest. Why say anything, wait till the owner of an unauthorized game contacts you and instruct them they have to pay why make a scene on the forums?

#172 10 years ago

Yes - you are right sorry I was mixed up

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Do yourself a favor and stay off of the forums, commenting publicly was really not in your best interest. Why say anything, wait till the owner of an unauthorized game contacts you and instruct them they have to pay why make a scene on the forums?

I wonder if Alex posts under the JJP pinside account sometimes.

#174 10 years ago

No, too clean, for him.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

I like turtles.

Who doesn't?

#176 10 years ago

Pinchroma figured out Jacks password...yeah thats it.

#177 10 years ago

i think jack gets off by seeing his posts at the top of pinside. he's so narcissistic.
besides, even bad publicity is good publicity, right?

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Do yourself a favor and stay off of the forums, commenting publicly was really not in your best interest.

+1000

#179 10 years ago

From pinball shows to Pinside, Jack always seems to be his own worst enemy.

I've met him twice and, in my opinion, he needs to be the guy "behind the curtain". Hiring a spokesperson would be a good first step.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Was referring to this

Quoted from PW79:

WOZ is so unreliable even the warranty fails

#181 10 years ago

Serious meltdown here, where is the damage control?

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Serious meltdown here, where is the damage control?

They've been banned from the forum

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

image-601.jpg 257 KB

Cool pic. Looks like my kind of crowd. Pinball, beer and music

#184 10 years ago

If authorized distributors were selling WOZLEs with a reasaonable markup this wouldn't be a problem. Customers might be able to stomach an extra $500 or so for the warranty. Instead, the authroized distributors are trying to make $3000 a pop off of the LEs and $2000 off the standards. If these guys would offer up their stock at reasonable prices then people would naturally gravitate towards authorized distributors.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

If authorized distributors were selling WOZLEs with a reasaonable markup this wouldn't be a problem. Customers might be able to stomach an extra $500 or so for the warranty. Instead, the authroized distributors are trying to make $3000 a pop off of the LEs and $2000 off the standards. If these guys would offer up their stock at reasonable prices then people would naturally gravitate towards authorized distributors.

I agree with this 100%.

#186 10 years ago

This is the most "RGP" like Pinside thread I have ever read.
I sincerely hope I never read another.

Peace everybody.
Pinball is supposed to be fun, not big business.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

$3000 a pop off of the LEs

Then you're going to the wrong distributor. Try Buddy Herron (Doughslingers), for one. He'll treat you fairly.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

So the mark up on a WoZ Le is 37% of the cost? Anything to base that on. What about stern le's

#189 10 years ago

I have a serious question or concern, what if you buy a used pre owned game from a distributor? Does the warranty cover everything because it was bought back and sold again by an authorized retailer?

I have been in a family that operates pins for my entire life, I do not see my distributor on there as an authorized dealer but they have sold NIB JJP machines.... this is a bit puzzling.

#190 10 years ago

2nd owner , no warranty.

#191 10 years ago

Where is that thread with the girls in the bathtub? That's what is needed here, i'm sure they know something about the warranty in question.

#192 10 years ago

So the mark up on a WoZ Le is 37% of the cost? Anything to base that on. What about stern le's

I went to JJP's distributor page and checked the links.

FYI, I'm by no means implying Jersey Jack willfully created this situation. I really love WOZ and thinks it's got some of the coolest innovations I've seen in years. I want this company to succeed.

Here's my chain of thought on it. I'm not saying it's 100% solid, I'm just thinking out loud here. . .

I understand that there are capitalization issues at play here and that WOZ probably wouldn't have happened without the pre-order model. But trying to scare buyers into purchasing from authorized dealers (who seem to be milking the fact that there are limited numbers available) by way of limiting the warranty doesn't make sense to me. It would be nice to see Jersey Jack moving toward a more traditional model as the company gets more established. Until that happens, I think Jersey Jack should be taking steps to accomodate purchasers of its product.

If you want to buy a WOZ right now here are your options:
1) Pay $8000/($9000 for the LE) directly to JJP and wait for an indefintate period with no true (bonded) guaranty that you'll get your money back if they go under.
2) Pay $8,500/($9,500 for the LE) to an authorized distributor and get one now, or
3) Pay $7,500 to an original purchaser for a NIB, but get a questionable warranty.

There may be authorized dealers selling these at unadvertized prices lower than $8,500/$9,500 so that may be an option. Otherwise, your average purchaser is pretty much steered toward option 3, but is simultaniously going to be bitter with JJP if a board goes out or he/she experiences some other type of MANUFACTURING defect.

Right or wrong, these people are going to turn around and bad-mouth JJP. I just don't think that's a good blueprint for building a strong dedicated customer base. JJP should be trying to make sure everybody who owns a WOZ is happy so that they will spread the word and generate additional sales.

Instead, it seems like JJP is enabling authorized distributors, who bought LEs for $6,500, to sell them for $9,500. Covering the machine for a year for MANUFACTURING defects regardless of the chain of sale seems to be a small concession to make the ultimate customer happy. Authorized destributors may be peeved because they can't make $3000.00 off a machine, but it seems like JJP should be more worried about the ultimate purchaser/user (even if that person bought on the secondary market). If there are authorized dealers selling LEs at $8,000 then kudos to them. They'd be making $1,500 per game and are pretty competitive with the unauthorized "flippers". Keep in mind a "flipper" in this case may be somebody who genuinely wanted the game years ago but has now changed their mind and is just trying to recoup their loss.

In the meantime, JJP should really be trying to get to a place where you can buy machines outright instead of this customer capitalization model. The whole model is frought with problems.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

As someone who very patiently has over $12,000 "on loan" to JJP while still waiting for my WOZLE and The Hobbit to be produced, I might have to reconsider my purchases and ask for my money back.
Jack, your warranty policy is pure BS. When I buy a car, it doesn't matter where I buy it from. The warranty is transferable to the new owner. Your line about caring and supporting your dealers is also pure BS. Otherwise you would have never taken direct sales from the factory.
I can understand that you might not have the resources to send a tech out to service a pin that was not sold by yourself or by an authorized JJP distributor, but you should at least support the pinball owner with parts replacement during the warranty period.
You can expect a call from me today to discuss my purchases.
Tom -roc-noc-

I was wondering how your phone call went today?

#194 10 years ago

what a thread!

Jack-Nicholson-lol.gifJack-Nicholson-lol.gif
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#196 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Tea anyone?

image-745.jpg 53 KB

Not that it matters; I wonder what her face looks like?

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not that it matters; I wonder what her face looks like?

I wonder what tea she is brewing?

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Tea anyone?

image-745.jpg 53 KB

I'd buy that - warranty or not.

#199 10 years ago

Second owner sez: no warranty...

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I'll bet, if Bene posted NIB WOZLE at 8500.00 no one would have said shit about it !!! This is all about WOZ values tanking .

I agree! Gotta love a post where the overwhelming majority give it a thumbs up and then one assbag (slang for colostomy bag) gives it a thumbs down.

Post edited by moderator: warning for calling a pinsider an assbag

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-wozle-7500-huo-transformers-le-autobots-4500-huo-safecracker-8k/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.