Jack-Nicholson-lol.gif
image-601.jpg
turtles-330.png
chances.jpg
image-619.jpg
Lois BE.gif
image-363.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 10 years ago

I believe the confusion comes from the ramblings of uninformed posts. At least that's how I feel anyway. I for one hope nothing but the best for both companies so I can keep buying great games from both in the future.

Peace brothers!

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Does anyone know what the hell JJP is ever really saying? I think that is one of their biggest problems... its not customer relations more like customer confusion!

Same as when they came out with statement about not supporting selling the spot and then did an about face.
JJP needs a president that just handles business and not a salesman who says anything. Its all over the place. Its what soured me on them to begin with.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

I believe the confusion comes from the ramblings of uninformed posts. At least that's how I feel anyway. I for one hope nothing but the best for both companies so I can keep buying great games from both in the future.
Peace brothers!

Don't you think this is unfair given the mixed messages coming out of the JJP camp? It's too easy to blame the community (or selected members) for this stuff. Jack needs to hire a decent Marketing/PR person for sure - the messaging is inconsistent and confusing, and having the CEO drop in randomly to argue with people in forums is not the way to do it...

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

Don't you think this is unfair given the mixed messages coming out of the JJP camp? It's too easy to blame the community (or selected members) for this stuff. Jack needs to hire a decent Marketing/PR person for sure - the messaging is inconsistent and confusing, and having the CEO drop in randomly to argue with people in forums is not the way to do it...

Yes, I do agree there probably is much better ways to handle this but I'm a very simple man and get confused easily. But I have had dealings with both of these men and and at least in my experiences they were both great!

I do see where your coming from though and it's unfortunate but I hope all ends well.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

An autobots just sold in the last 21 days for 4k in VA.

Yes I know that's why I'm asking for a better price here, I'm just using the last " comp" as a point of reference. All i see is shit talking from WOZ haters vs Lovers on a FS thread. So dumb !

#106 10 years ago

I think its crappy to first say no warrenty after the pin sold!

second have pinchroma say all secondary buyers are covered when apparently they are not.

Jack taking it out on a secondary buyer because he has his panties in a bunch because of something I guess bene did?????

Airing it out on a forum like this Jack? Really? You need to rethink your actions and stop taking it out on the poor guy that bought this.

Also it may be a little different but still wrong if the pin was engineered better from the beginning. Simple electrical calculations to size LED boards and power supplies.......

I always said I would buy a WOZ but wow the way this has been handled, with pinchoma's statements vs Jacks on warrenty, and the fact that he is worried about secondary buyers vs the guys that bought them three years ago and don't have one yet.....decals....

Im not a hater but totally dissagree with the way JJP is heading.....

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Gotta love clowns looking for the lowest sale point of recent and posting it in someone's for sale post

Thanks for the love - you also have to love deceptive shill salesman that work for you. Keep shilling and running the hobby in the ground.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Yes I know that's why I'm asking for a better price here, I'm just using the last " comp" as a point of reference. All i see is shit talking from WOZ haters vs Lovers on a FS thread. So dumb !

same here - in a discussion with you , in a discussion thread but some folks needs to resort to name calling???

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Just go away please.

why you just got here? Put in another 4 years and you can be so flippant.

#110 10 years ago

Not that I have a horse in this race either. Not yet anyway.
But my 'at a glance' response is that I won't buy a JJP machine given the lack of warranty support.
I can see their side of it. Which a few people have brought up. By creating a big reason not to buy from a flipper, or someone just trying to make a few dollars off the transaction. People, what do you think distributors are? Want to use car analogies? Go try to buy a C7 corvette right now, or a Z28 Camaro. You will pay $10k over MSRP for these cars. And thats from an authorized dealership. Authorized dealerships cashing in on supply and demand. So, does JJP and Stern have an agreement in place with distributors that prohibits this kind of price jacking?
Now, modded games, yeah. Fully expect there to be no warranty. But an extra leg in shipping... come on...

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Does anyone know what the hell JJP is ever really saying? I think that is one of their biggest problems... its not customer relations more like customer confusion!

I think that pretty much sums it up. Maybe that's why Gary never says anything. I'm sure Rick is learning. At least it's not dull in the pinball world. Jack can serve up some jaw droppers!

With everything that has happened just a lost opportunity to be clear and gain goodwill and confidence from the non JJP crowd.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Just to be clear If for some reason I get more WOZ or WOZLE Boxed or unboxed preowned. Which I will since I sold a very large number new and Guys always get tired of a pin and want to trade it in. I will cover any major parts or repair needs for 90 days.

This is interesting. I don't live close enough to purchase from you, but potential WOZ buyers might want to know if you are doing repairs to get any potential problems fixed or are you replacing faulty parts with factory parts?

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

why you just got here? Put in another 4 years and you can be so flippant.

Talking crap based on when they signed up to Pinside? That elitist attitude sucks man

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Talking crap based on when they signed up to Pinside? That elitist attitude sucks man

Telling people to shut up and go away is not very nice either. I pointed out how long i have been here and and never told someone to take a walk. Share your opinion all day long don't be rude in the process.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Nevermind. I checked his history. It's him.

Now we have the "Profile Police" doing investigations. Nice.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Telling people to shut up and go away is not very nice either. I pointed out how long i have been here and and never told someone to take a walk. Share your opinion all day long don't be rude in the process.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Are you referring to me? I haven't been rude at all in this thread...

#118 10 years ago

Is anything for sale on this thread? If not, boobs please

#119 10 years ago

What he said ^^^

#120 10 years ago

Lois BE.gifLois BE.gif

#121 10 years ago

I enjoy dunking doughnuts in tasty liquids

#123 10 years ago

Been reading the comments above about second-hand owners, etc.

I smell a class-action lawsuit under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.).

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

Is anything for sale on this thread? If not, boobs please

here here.. more boobs and more cowbell too please

#125 10 years ago

WOW!!! Every time I think I will just forget what a horrible encounter/experience I had with JJP (specifically Jack), he goes and puts his foot in the mouth. As much as I like Pat Lawlor and The Hobbit I doubt highly I will ever buy one secondary, first party it won't matter. Sorry how you treat the community does matter. One of the douchiest individuals I have ever met. What a horrible company, shame on you.

Bump for Bene, good dude would buy from him regardless of this news.

Post edited by moderator: Warning sent, do not call others names

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Second owner.
Sold by unauthorized dealer, not factory authorized distributor.

Authorized JJP distributors only. It's clear that's what Jack is saying here.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

I smell a class-action lawsuit under the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.).

I was going to respond asking if you have 2 people that have been denied something like a light board from JJP. But then I realized... I don't care anymore. This tempest in this particular tea pot is getting old.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

^^^^^^^^^^ been wondering myself when a CAL was coming
and what about the taking of monies, the broken delivery dates and the original buyers still waiting for the games to arrive,Decaled cabinets? What about the hobbit, on pinball stars website it says july 2014 delivery, i doubt thats going to happen. Shouldnt that date be changed? hasnt it been announced that its delivery was moved to 12-14

#129 10 years ago

I just don't see why Jack would comment on this thread at all unless he had an axe to grind with Bene - to drive down the price on his WOZECLE. But even if he did have an axe to grind - now everybody is leery of support.

When these machines are 1 year old none of it will matter anyway.

#130 10 years ago

I think in the end this is a more complex issue than at first look. The way I read it: JJP wants to support their game and the collector market, and pinchroma says they will continue to support a game if it is sold to another owner.

However, NIB sales are not covered by that same warranty. The distinction here is that this discourages flippers and hoarding. Who here LIKES flippers and hoarders? Not many, and I think Jack not supporting this behavior is another way of actually supporting the pinball collecting community. At least I hope that is his intention.

That being said $7500 for a NIB game that now sells for more than that is a good deal. I hope that the purpose of the comment was to discourage the secondary market and not malicious towards the greater community.

But then... anything JJP or Stern says seem to generate backlash and controversy, and both companies have their issues with PR and the way they speak to their customers. JJP maybe says too much and Stern maybe says too little.

And here we are.

#131 10 years ago

All I can say is that this prior thread takes on a whole new light given what's been posted here.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-huo-wizard-of-oz-le-pinball-machine-7000/page/3#postbox

Gives a good history of the people who were blowing smoke compared to those that were stating (obvious) facts.

I found this post to be somewhat noteworthy:

Of course the warranty is "transferable" people! Good lord, do you have Sternitis? Wtf.......

#132 10 years ago

All I can say as an outsider is that JJP's customer service has been exemplary--actually well beyond anything I could have expected. I wouldn't be the slightest bit hesitant to buy a NIB pin from a JJP distributor (I almost certainly will get a Hobbit), and I wouldn't spend this kind of money without intending to keep the machine for at least a year. I realize that doesn't address everyone's concerns, but in my little corner of the world I am more than satisfied with the level of service I have received.

#133 10 years ago

I've had some woz warranty issues. And they replaced several light boards without ever asking me for my distributor info. Stern makes you contact your distributor when it comes time to order parts. I have a feeling that this game would be ok for most warranty. But if something expensive happens, you may need the distributor to handle the warranty. Bene should've able to get the distro he bought from to handle that. It's not that the warranty is void. But the main authorized distro may need to help out.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#135 10 years ago

Finally........ Thanks

#136 10 years ago

IMHO, It starting to look like JJP has done this:

Post edited by MrBally : Added "imho" per a message from someone with the title "of COnSul".

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Bene should've able to get the distro he bought from to handle that. It's not that the warranty is void. But the main authorized distro may need to help out.

Uh, the "distributor" was Jack (Pinballsales.com), and Jack said :

Quoted from JerseyJack:

No factory warranty on the ECLEWOZ game.

Quoted from JerseyJack:

Second owner.
Sold by unauthorized dealer, not factory authorized distributor.

#138 10 years ago

JerseyJack could easily post again and clear up any confusion.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

JerseyJack could easily post again and clear up any confusion.

You sure?

#140 10 years ago

Munching on popcorn, watching a shitnado and looking at boobs. Only on a FS thread on Pinside!

Post edited by Indypin : Bad grammar

#141 10 years ago

Look on the bright side. If Jack has time to be surfing the FS threads (and sh!t all over one), they must have all the kinks worked out at the factory and WOZLes are probably FLYING out the door........ ISH......

But seriously - really shocking to see him post that into a thread.... Anyone imagine Gary pulling a bush-league stunt like that? Or ANY company leader?

The unfortunate part is - with all the problems at the factory- having a warranty us parable pretty important for this game

#142 10 years ago

I guess it comes down to this....."do you want to take the chance and buy from this guy?" Speaking of chances....

chances.jpgchances.jpg

#143 10 years ago

That was funny!

#144 10 years ago

Not true. Every part I've ever needed, at least 5 times, I called Stern and they shipped them directly to me. This was as recent as about 6 months ago. They've been sending me stuff direct for years.

Quoted from markmon:

Stern makes you contact your distributor when it comes time to order parts.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

No factory warranty on the ECLEWOZ game.

FINALLY - the EPIC ANNOUCEMENT from JJP.....

Lol....

JJP: They really know how to put the "ish" in "trustworthiness".

#146 10 years ago

Bet Gary is pissing in his pants from laughing so hard after reading this thread.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Bet Gary is pissing in his pants from laughing so hard after reading this thread.

Somebody probably had to print it out for him to read.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I'll bet he isn't.

As someone who runs a pinball company, I would assume he's got better things to do than get into a pissing match in a for-sale thread (on a game he already got paid once for!).... you know... like actually making and shipping pinball machines....

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Just to be clear bene IS NOT an authorized stern or JJP dealer but merely a shill

YOU would certainly know a shill!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Just to be clear bene IS NOT an authorized stern or JJP dealer but merely a shill.

"Shill"? ...

back in the old days they just called them "customers"

BTW, I seem to recall this "shill" posting one of the most positive reviews of WOZ on these boards- with details about it out-earning all his other pins on site....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-wozle-7500-huo-transformers-le-autobots-4500-huo-safecracker-8k/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.