Jack-Nicholson-lol.gif
image-601.jpg
turtles-330.png
chances.jpg
image-619.jpg
Lois BE.gif
image-363.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why would you get uncomfortable?

Good points all around, and I certainly wouldn't be looking to sell in the first year (so the reigns on flippability aren't a negative to me personally).

I'll just say a combination of the general risks of prepayment, bad vibes from seemingly "out of nowhere" blasts like this, the snail's pace of WOZ deliveries, lack of updates on Hobbit, and the drop in WOZ prices is making me lean towards backing out and waiting to buy one when they materialize... Just my choice, and I do hope for the best for the company and its customers...

#52 10 years ago

Someone tell me what pinball company DOES provide a warranty for non-original owners please? Be happy to be enlightened, because I thought the answer was zero.

#53 10 years ago

Just to be clear If for some reason I get more WOZ or WOZLE Boxed or unboxed preowned. Which I will since I sold a very large number new and Guys always get tired of a pin and want to trade it in. I will cover any major parts or repair needs for 90 days.

#54 10 years ago

Seems like WoZ has a lot more quality control problems and failures in early life than Stern games do, so the warranty issue is a lot more worrisome in their case. Hopefully JJP will at least replace known defective parts like the LED boards for 2nd hand owners.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Someone tell me what pinball company DOES provide a warranty for non-original owners please? Be happy to be enlightened, because I thought the answer was zero.

What does any of that have to do with JJP policy, written or posted here?

People are just going off what Jack and volunteer Alex have posted in the past. IMHO

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Enough already on this topic.
The game is covered when it changes hands. Period. End of sentence. Anyone else telling you otherwise hasn't a clue what they are talking about. If you buy a second hand game you are going to get support.

Quoted from JerseyJack:

No factory warranty on the ECLEWOZ game.

Quoted from JerseyJack:

Second owner.
Sold by unauthorized dealer, not factory authorized distributor.

This may be the only time I actually AGREE with PinChroma!

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

No factory warranty on the ECLEWOZ game.

Wow Jack! Probably one of the worse things you could post on a public forum.

With the issues some games have had, I think it's important for ANY buyer to know they're going to be taken care of.

Ultimately, regardless of who's selling the game, or for how much, it obviously came from you.

I don't know the history between you and Bene, nor do I care, or think it matters. What matters is the person that will be enjoying the game's play, will know if something goes wrong, they're not going to have to worry if they'll have an $8K paper weight or not.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Wow Jack! Probably one of the worse things you could post on a public forum.
With the issues some games have had, I think it's important for ANY buyer to know they're going to be taken care of.
Ultimately, regardless of who's selling the game, or for how much, it obviously came from you.
I don't know the history between you and Bene, nor do I care, or think it matters. What matters is the person that will be enjoying the game's play, will know if something goes wrong, they're not going to have to worry if they'll have an $8K paper weight or not.

Totally agree...

Jack had a chance to hit one out of the park and regain some customer confidence but instead he pulled another 'Ruby Red' and pissed more current and potential customers off... he should have said:

" Even though Bene is an unauthorized JJP distributor and warranties are not transferable we will however be making an exception here and we will be happy to take care of the common issues that have plagued so many WoZ LE owners from the start (i.e. light board, etc.) We realize these issues are directly related to bad design and are no one's fault but OUR own. We are striving to make every WoZ owner very happy and we will correct these issues for every WoZ owner regardless of where it was purchased. This will not be the case for our future titles unless you buy direct from an authorized JJP distributor."

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Just to be clear If for some reason I get more WOZ or WOZLE Boxed or unboxed preowned. Which I will since I sold a very large number new and Guys always get tired of a pin and want to trade it in. I will cover any major parts or repair needs for 90 days.

Just to be clear bene IS NOT an authorized stern or JJP dealer but merely a shill. You will not be covered by either company. Buy from reputable dealers who WILL stand behind their product and not misrepresent what they sell. Buyer beware. Bene pinballs is NOT a stern or JJP dealer.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bought a NIB XMen LE secondhand from a Pinsider who wasn't a dealer. We all know all the problems that those LEs had and I had no problems whatsoever getting warranty parts for the game. Never once did they ask me who I bought it from. Stern backs their warranty on pins even if you're the second owner.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Just to be clear bene IS NOT an authorized stern or JJP dealer but merely a shill. You will not be covered by either company. Buy from reputable dealers who WILL stand behind their product and not misrepresent what they sell. Buyer beware. Bene pinballs is NOT a stern or JJP dealer.

Jack and Bene may have a history, I do not know. But Bene is stepping up with a 90 day warranty, it is Jack who is stepping down with no warranty, in this situation.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Jack and Bene may have a history, I do not know. But Bene is stepping up with a 90 day warranty, it is Jack who is stepping down with no warranty, in this situation.

Words are cheap. Actions speak loud. Buyer beware. This about buying from reputable people.

#63 10 years ago

Don't know either man, thought it was about the warranty, is all. If Bene does not back up what he has posted, it will come out eventually.

Will Bene be able to get all parts, if needed?

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Don't know either man, thought it was about the warranty, is all.

There are new folks who get the impression bene is a stern or JJP dealer and he is NOT. Buyer beware.

Post edited by moderator: booted from thread for name calling

#65 10 years ago

Can jack really be this stupid to post this, especially when the games are having so many issues out of the box?
Jack, maybe you should worry about filling orders and fixing all the woz issues instead of making it a point to hurt sales on the seconday market, for your own product!
I'm glad I sold my WOZ. I'm just sorry I supported you in the first place.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

There are new folks who get the impression bene is a stern or JJP dealer and he is NOT. Buyer beware.

Think that was clear from Jack's 2nd post on this thread, concerning JJP.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern, don't know if its official, but the hooked me up with a new board as a second owner of ACDC and hooked me up with parts long after the official warranty was up on my XM LE.

#68 10 years ago

Jack said he will cover the game, just not on his dime. Its shifty enough, we don't need to start with the $8k paperweight and the will he even be able to get parts comments.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

THIS....

Seriously guys. Think about this for a minute. The whole warranty issue is the SAME across the board, yet you want JJP to operate differently simply because WOZ, the first title ever from JJP has some issues? And the policy of a one year warranty is designed to eliminate flipping and selling off of spots, something which everyone hates. Many of you brought up the auto industry as an example, but come on, this hobby has nowhere near the level of support or maintenance available. It's not like JJP or Stern have dealerships with service departments all over America.

JJP is known for their incredible customer service. Just don't ask them to re-write the industry policy and when they don't slam them. That's 100% unfair.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern, don't know if its official, but the hooked me up with a new board as a second owner of ACDC and hooked me up with parts long after the official warranty was up on my XM LE.

Exactly, it's not official. And now that you've posted this, everyone will run to them and want the same and they will official say it's not part of their warranty. That's the problem with all of this...all these companies want to deal with customers on a one-to-one basis. But they can't because people run to the forums, brag about what they got, and everyone wants the same. Companies would go out of business if that happened. So the moral of the story is..if they make an exception for you, be happy and don't run to the forums to brag about it.

#71 10 years ago

Not sure that was the real Jack posting, seems very bad from a PR perspective to me, why is he even posting on a FS thread?

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure that was the real Jack posting, seems very bad from a PR perspective to me, why is he even posting on a FS thread?

Maybe he's been hitting the sauce. That's usually the case when I make questionable posts.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Maybe he's been hitting the sauce. That's usually the case when I make questionable posts.

Or his account was hacked like all those politicians who post pics of their junk.

#74 10 years ago

All Stern games I sell are from an Authorized dealer, I am just the salesperson. So shylock doc is incorrect in his facts and has anterior motives due to him being a complete wear out.

#75 10 years ago

All Stern games I sell are from an Authorized dealer, I am just the salesperson. So shylock doc is incorrect in his facts and has anterior motives due to him being a complete wear out.

So you are an official salesman for the authorized dealer or a shill? No "anterior" motives. Trying to give a heads up to all pinsiders that you are a fraud. You misrepresent and lie. You are not honorable to deal with.

I am a buyer with no horse in this race. I don't shill or take advantage of folks. This is a warning to avoid Bene.

#76 10 years ago

Owned a WOZ...didn't like it and sold it. Had the newest 7.5 boards with 0 issues while I had it. Less than a month after the new owner had it lots of stuff all went wrong. With all the issues JJP machines have I would never want to buy one without some sort of warranty! I don't know of one WOZ that has not had atleast something go wrong.

Maybe its me but I don't feel it is a good idea for a new company trying to make it and having an up and down battle to come to a public forum and wash there hands of their product as soon as the original owner sells it! I am sure they will bend you over for replacement parts too.

Damn I am glad I am not a sucker that gave this man any preorder money ever!

#77 10 years ago

what did this WOZ pin sell for from Jersey Jack (originally)

what would people in the group think the same pin is worth on this collector secondary market WITHOUT A WARANTY?

I kind of oddly assume ANY pin I buy from ANYONE not an authorized dealer has no warrantee (not even if its NIB and only 5 days old. That is just me.

hummmm interesting discussion in this thread, will follow closely.

side note: interesting how quickly JJ chimed in with the "careful no warranty" ??? My first dumb quick assessment to that is ... uh oh, sounds like a NEED a warranty on that game? probably not but whatever

Played the game at York pinball show and its an awesome game.. kind of want one!

#78 10 years ago

Forgot to mention good luck with the other two games for sale since the WOZLE is already sold!

HUO Transformers LE autobots $4500
HUO Safecracker 8k

#79 10 years ago

Sorry Shlocky, You are an outright liar and not even worth an extra second. Many blessings to you.

#80 10 years ago

Sorry Shlocky, You are an outright liar and not even worth an extra second. Many blessings to you.

No reason to lie. You are a less than honorable seller and the community should be aware. Name calling does not further Your defense. Buyer beware.

#81 10 years ago

Geez, i was looking to see if this TF sold and what a can of worms here. I'm still very glad I passed on WOZ, cool looker but still not my cup of tea.

Anyways, hows the TF sale going ? Any offers ? I was looking for a combo at this price, but if Bene comes down a bit to help with shipping I might jump on this.

#82 10 years ago

An autobots just sold in the last 21 days for 4k in VA.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Gotta love clowns looking for the lowest sale point of recent and posting it in someone's for sale post

#84 10 years ago

It's early yet, but I think this thread is gonna win the 2014 Shitnado Trophy

#85 10 years ago

Is it possible Jack is just doing what he has to do to support the business arrangement he has with distributors? They may be asking why do I have to make up-front investments in a relationship with JJP if the secondary market has everything I have...

Full disclosure I have a game on order through Jack - one of the last 100 or so machines.

I also appreciate secondary market sellers in this hobby, so no horse in this race in terms of picking one side over the other.

#86 10 years ago

Actions speak louder than words. You trying to drag Stern down into this mess is bullshit. Stern has always taken care of me and just about everyone I know. They have for me personally sent me parts for games outside the 1 year warranty, they have sent me parts under warranty for games I didn't buy, and they continue to give me telephone tech support any any game I've ever called them about...

They even gave me tech support on Twister!

Quoted from kaneda:

Exactly, it's not official. And now that you've posted this, everyone will run to them and want the same and they will official say it's not part of their warranty. That's the problem with all of this...all these companies want to deal with customers on a one-to-one basis. But they can't because people run to the forums, brag about what they got, and everyone wants the same. Companies would go out of business if that happened. So the moral of the story is..if they make an exception for you, be happy and don't run to the forums to brag about it.

#87 10 years ago

This thread makes my head hurt. I am not sure what upside Jack thought there would be posting in it.

Buying a used game can be dicey, buying a NIB one? Apparently dicey as well. Yeah, that's great for the market. Whoopee!

#88 10 years ago

The only thing that I can figure is that Jack said this hoping to drive sales away from the secondary market and back to JJP. He's been seeing his product change hands in the low 7s, while he's trying to sell new ones at 9.

But on a product that is "sold out", this makes no sense.

#89 10 years ago

The real fun will be to read Kanedas posts a year from now. That is if he ever buys one of his 20k games he wants.

#90 10 years ago

I'll bet, if Bene posted NIB WOZLE at 8500.00 no one would have said shit about it !!! This is all about WOZ values tanking .

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Just go away please.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I'll bet, if Bene posted NIB WOZLE at 8500.00 no one would have said shit about it !!! This is all about WOZ values tanking .

Agree 100%

If JJP wasn't the slowest production line in history he would have had all his games out to their customers and probably wouldn't give a crap. Since he is still busy trying to get orders from years ago filled while also making additional LE's and standards he can see his sales dropping fast.

If I were JJP I would finish the games you have sold and move on to the next title. Hard to keep selling standards for a lot more than a basically new LE or in this case a NIB LE

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

No reason to lie. You are a less than honorable seller and the community should be aware. Name calling does not further Your defense. Buyer beware.

Ok, I don't nomally post about this kind of stuff, but for some reason I feel the need today. I purchased my WOZ, METLE, AC/DC BIB, SMB, and Avengers through Bene. Bene provides a great service - I have never had a problem with games I purchased from him being covered by the factory warranty. The part that makes it works for me is he allows me to trade games to him that the distributer has no interest in or would allow a much lower tradein value. So this is a win win for everyone - the distributer moves a game, Bene acts as the middleman and takes my trade, I get a new game. Bene does not make that much money for providing the service, some of the games I have traded end up on ebay and he might make a couple hundred dollars for taking the risk. I would call Bene a "Game Broker" he puts a buyer and seller together and does not make much for providing the service.

#94 10 years ago

There are always 3 sides to every story....

#95 10 years ago

It's not about Woz values tanking, I'm thinking most pins are "tanking", and even though Jack has to protect his distributors there can't be such a disconnect to believe that anybody on the planet would pay $9,500, albeit shipped, for a Nib Wozle from Automated that most probably has been sitting in the warehouse for quite some time and has a "build date" of pre Oct. 2013. Not to say that issues are going to get fixed.

Any more than there can't be too many people on the planet willing to pay 9k for a Red Ruby? And, to take it another step further, I'm thinking the "population" of planet dwellers that are willing to shell out 8k are beginning to dwindle.

Stern has already managed to jack up the premium prices of Ac/dc Luci and ST to the 7k level. That's past the sweet spot and max for most people on the planet, one would think.

#96 10 years ago

All Stern games I sell are from an Authorized dealer, I am just the salesperson.

So wait, are you selling on behalf of this dealer? Like you're an employee? If I need support can I call this dealer up and get it? Or are you reselling?

Because if you're not actually acting on behalf of the dealer directly, how does it matter how you got the games? They all come from Stern, there's no Chinese factory making bootleg Star Treks that have 2 ply playfields and not RGB LEDs or something.

#97 10 years ago

Then stop buying them Pretty simple explanation

#98 10 years ago

After reading all of this bullshit you know what I think? I am happy buying my "crappy" B title Williams and Gottlieb games. I dont pay car prices for my GAMES and I enjoy them with little to ZERO headache.

People seem to forget pinball is suppose to be FUN, not some kind of hustle.

#99 10 years ago

I think it basically boils down to someone selling multiple "NIB" WOZs who is not a certified JJP distributor.

To some unknowing pinsiders, it might seem that they are buying a genuine, brand new WOZ machine, from a certified distributor with all the service, support and backing that comes from buying through the proper channels.

If there are some unforeseen major problems with a NIB machine, the first thing the manufacturer is going to ask is where did you get it from?

I believe JJP wants everyone to know that if you are going to buy a New In Box JJP machine, that you should make sure it comes from a certified JJP distributor. I personally don't see a problem with this.

JJP is not saying that they are not supporting used machines within the warranty period.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

JJP is not saying that they are not supporting used machines within the warranty period.

Does anyone know what the hell JJP is ever really saying? I think that is one of their biggest problems... its not customer relations more like customer confusion!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 72.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-wozle-7500-huo-transformers-le-autobots-4500-huo-safecracker-8k/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.