Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo-274.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I have a NIB Stern Spiderman that has never been opened. It is still strapped to the original pallet. I guess the only picture is the one below.
I'd prefer a local buyer, but shipping is possible at the buyer's expense.
Asking $7800
photo-274.JPGphoto-274.JPG

#2 9 years ago

I knew I'd forget something.

Mark
(716)510-3440

#3 9 years ago

Trustworthy and sincere seller. Not to mention an all around nice guy.
Deal with confidence!

#4 9 years ago

+1000000

Quoted from Multiball1:

Trustworthy and sincere seller. Not to mention an all around nice guy.
Deal with confidence!

#5 9 years ago

Mark is a straight shooter and one of the good ones in this hobby, deal with confidence!

#6 9 years ago

Is it a Black?

#7 9 years ago

Year made?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is it a Black?

Looks to be a red.

He was stronger than I was. I pried mine open after sitting in the box for a year. Felt like forever!!

#9 9 years ago

Thank you for the kind words.
This is a Red 2010 Spiderman. I did call Stern to verify the year by the serial number.
I bought it 2 years ago with every intention of opening it, but we had a construction project so I held off on opening it right away until it's "final resting place" was ready. The project took a little longer than expected, a few other machines surfaced that I couldn't resist, so...
here we are, one NIB 2010 Spiderman itching to get out to be played.

#10 9 years ago

I had some interest, but still looking for a done deal.

How about NIB 2010 Stern Spiderman with free shipping in the continental US.

$7800

Mark

#11 9 years ago

Damn...I'm right down the street from yaa...too rich for my blood tho...GLWTS........Joey

#12 9 years ago

Morning bump.

#13 9 years ago

Bump for a great seller

#14 9 years ago

Man if I didn't already have a Black Spiderman....

#15 9 years ago

Sunday afternoon bump for a great machine and seller

#16 9 years ago

Not going to sell due to the "remake risk" as people learned after IM. You can thank Stern for this not selling. Too risky as the price would drop $2Kish once the remake was announced.

Used to be NIB meant something on older machines but with remakes (or "vault editions") it has killed the resale of Sterns. Just ask the IM owners (like me....LOL).

GLWS but unless Stern signs in blood they will not remake SM I doubt anyone steps up for $7,800 as they will not even pay $4.5K for the HUO red SM (I own one of those as well) due to remake risk and I can't say I blame the buyers for not taking that risk.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Not going to sell due to the "remake risk" as people learned after IM. You can thank Stern for this not selling. Too risky as the price would drop $2Kish once the remake was announced.
Used to be NIB meant something on older machines but with remakes (or "vault editions") it has killed the resale of Sterns. Just ask the IM owners (like me....LOL).
GLWS but unless Stern signs in blood they will not remake SM I doubt anyone steps up for $7,800 as they will not even pay $4.5K for the HUO red SM (I own one of those as well) due to remake risk and I can't say I blame the buyers for not taking that risk.

I also say GLWS but agree with HOP, its not even the remake risk or "vault editions", too many thousands of SM's, an absolute great pin, but if anybody steps up for $5800 I've got something else to sell them. And sorry Mank, but given the low post count and the fact that its a "Nib", the "flipper" days are long gone. It's a great pin and you might be the greatest Seller ever, but come on people, seriously?

#18 9 years ago

Ice....read again he wants $7,800 not $5,800.....the lucky owner can lose $3K if they buy it and Stern announces a remake the next day. He could have gotten probably over $6kish before Stern started the Vault Editions. When I bought my IM I gladly payed $5K for an HUO and at the time got a steal. The "good ole days" are long gone.

Personally, I do think Stern did not factor in the "law of unintended consequences" and I would be surprised if people don't think twice before buying NIB as some people bought for the potential upside which is no longer available. Personaly, I always liked buying "lightly used" so it doesn't effect me too much but it will make people think twice.

I can honestly say I thought it was funny when they remade IM even though I owned it. I had given some MM owners some grief when MMR came out and BINGO Stern comes out with "vault editions". Paybacck is a BIT** !! Got to laugh over it.

However, people are learning and now factoring in "downside risk" so the days of people buying NIB and putting them in their garages for years are over. Why do you think TRON PRO's have come down...same thing.....people are thinking Vault Edition Brand new for under $5K !!!! LOTR's and every Stern has come down for the same reason. You will never see any HUO Sterns go for much over $5K again in my opinion. Stern killed the resale market for hot Stern older titles. Nobody saw that coming !!! Nobody.....truly, even when they remade MM nobody thought "hey, will Stern do this" .... again, I feel bad move on their part long term but who knows (short term gain long term pain is my guess).

I can't help but laugh as I know many distributors kept so many NIB's as "investments" and that is the one good thing that came out of this. They lost tens of thousands and they deserve it in my opinion so I will gladly take my loss and laugh knowing it took out "speculators" which is VERY GOOD but it also hurt the general hobbyist that plays the pin for years and then sells. Think about it an LOTR is ranked #5 that has to be remade so that did in those prices as well !!!! TSPP and all the rest as well.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Ice....read again he wants $7,800 not $5,800.....the lucky owner can lose $3K if they buy it and Stern announces a remake the next day. He could have gotten probably over $6kish before Stern started the Vault Editions. When I bought my IM I gladly payed $5K for an HUO and at the time got a steal. The "good ole days" are long gone.
Personally, I do think Stern did not factor in the "law of unintended consequences" and I would be surprised if people don't think twice before buying NIB as some people bought for the potential upside which is no longer available. Personaly, I always liked buying "lightly used" so it doesn't effect me too much but it will make people think twice.
I can honestly say I thought it was funny when they remade IM even though I owned it. I had given some MM owners some grief when MMR came out and BINGO Stern comes out with "vault editions". Paybacck is a BIT** !! Got to laugh over it.
However, people are learning and now factoring in "downside risk" so the days of people buying NIB and putting them in their garages for years are over. Why do you think TRON PRO's have come down...same thing.....people are thinking Vault Edition Brand new for under $5K !!!! LOTR's and every Stern has come down for the same reason. You will never see any HUO Sterns go for much over $5K again in my opinion. Stern killed the resale market for hot Stern older titles. Nobody saw that coming !!! Nobody.....truly, even when they remade MM nobody thought "hey, will Stern do this" .... again, I feel bad move on their part long term but who knows (short term gain long term pain is my guess).
I can't help but laugh as I know many distributors kept so many NIB's as "investments" and that is the one good thing that came out of this. They lost tens of thousands and they deserve it in my opinion so I will gladly take my loss and laugh knowing it took out "speculators" which is VERY GOOD but it also hurt the general hobbyist that plays the pin for years and then sells. Think about it an LOTR is ranked #5 that has to be remade so that did in those prices as well !!!! TSPP and all the rest as well.

Well, I dropped the unreal price of $7800 down to $5800 just to get us on the same planet for discussion purposes only? Mank is in Buffalo, could be related to Automated? Some things are so beyond absurd you just have to call them out.

#20 9 years ago

Ice, hop, bubbies, please start or join a pricing thread. Poor taste where you took this thread. Let dude sell his pin please

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ice, hop, bubbies, please start or join a pricing thread. Poor taste where you took this thread. Let dude sell his pin please

Just bumped it for him again, please…….dude can sell his pin all day, if it was priced for the planet Earth it would be sold long ago without any of our BS posts.

I'm quite sure Pinside pinheads understand what this is all about, but hey, good luck!

#22 9 years ago

I assure you people were thinking what Me and Ice just said. I assure you we did not enlighten anyone.

However, I am done and I hope someone buys it for $7,800 (just wish that guy lived next door to me so I guess I would be jealous....LOL).

#23 9 years ago

Funny how in one thread, I get hammered for not understanding the hobby due to my predictions.

Then this thread only confirms my predictions.

Irony definitely has a tendency to be ironic.

#24 9 years ago

7800....Seems about the right price to me.

There is no way in hell that Stern will produce a vault edition S/M for under 6K. That being said, even if they do after cost cutting the game just think what you wont get. I have a HOU original with recipe that I would not take less than 6K for.

All wood cab with screened artrwork, metal apron and supports, manual, light sockets so you can LED it out, ect, ect, ect just to name a few.

Hmmmmm , let me see? A NIB MM for 10.5 or a rehash toy for 8.5. Really tough choice.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

I assure you people were thinking what Me and Ice just said. I assure you we did not enlighten anyone.
However, I am done and I hope someone buys it for $7,800 (just wish that guy lived next door to me so I guess I would be jealous....LOL).

I sure was.

#26 9 years ago

Didn't automated have 3 NIB Spideys listed last year on Ebay at 8k...and they sold?

As others have mention SMVE is almost impossible to to the old license (now Amazing SpiderMan again) ..and Sony owning it.

2 Spideys sold I'm my area this month...one at 5.4k and the other at 5.3k...both were stock with zero mods

Price seems about right for what could be one of the last NIB Spideys

Quoted from houseofpin:

#27 9 years ago

A lot of activity in the background. Thought I had it sold twice, but the third time was the charm.

Thanks for the interest.

Mark

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

As others have mention SMVE is almost impossible to to the old license (now Amazing spiderman again) ..and Sony owning it.

Just as IMVE wasn't possible because of the newer movies. If Stern sees they can make a quick buck with SMVE (which I have no doubt they can, they would sell a ton of them) then they will get the license.

#29 9 years ago

Iron Man is an on going movie series.

'Spiderman' no longer exist..but has been rebooted to 'The Amazing Spider Man'. There's been a TON of post about this already.

Who said IM wasn't possible? That license is still available to pretty much anyone that wants to make 'stuff' The same can't be said for 'Spiderman'

Congrats on the sale OP! Looks like there's a little crow to be eaten here...

Quoted from Syco54645:

Just as IMVE wasn't possible because of the newer movies. If Stern sees they can make a quick buck with SMVE (which I have no doubt they can, they would sell a ton of them) then they will get the license.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Iron Man is an on going movie series.
'spiderman' no longer exist..but has been rebooted to 'The Amazing Spider Man'. There's been a TON of post about this already.
Who said IM wasn't possible? That license is still available to pretty much anyone that wants to make 'stuff' The same can't be said for 'spiderman'
Congrats on the sale OP! Looks like there's a little crow to be eaten here...

Plenty of naysayers said that IMVE would never happen. The new movies being part of it. I think if there is money to be made it will be made. Simple as that.

#31 9 years ago

Congrats on the sale neighbor...........Joey

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-stern-spiderman-2010-buffalo-ny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.