• 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rick471
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

School20Bus20_20Cartoon2071_xlarge.jpg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hey guys,

We have one METLE in stock SOLD

I will also trade.....

Thanks
Greg

#2 10 years ago

Hey man! GLWS

#3 10 years ago

Thanks, priced to sell, would like to update our stock for Xmas.

#5 10 years ago

Interesting.

#6 10 years ago

It's interesting that a stern dealer still has one in stock? Or that I am still offering it for about the same price as I did when it was released?

#8 10 years ago

Greg is an excellent guy to deal with guys; buy with confidence

#9 10 years ago

That you still have one in stock. Its crazy how they keep showing up even though they were "sold out" so quickly.

I would love to switch to an LE but until code updates, I will sit tight. Good luck with the sale Mr. Fireman!

#10 10 years ago

Thanks Jbrady. Yeah Stern sold out quickly, a lot of us lost our allocation and had some disappointed customers. I tracked a couple down elsewhere. And now I have an extra......who woulda thought.

#11 10 years ago

Bump for evening crowd

#12 10 years ago

You have this on EBAY for 7995 DELIVERED...which means if somebody bought it off of EBAY you would only receive about 7200-7300 after EBAY/PAYPAL commissions. I would think you could offer it for the same price here...make sense???

#13 10 years ago

Greg,

I was going to assume this is NIB but after reading the posts I'm not sure now. Can you please clarify? I'm still assuming yes since there are no pics.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

You have this on EBAY for 7995 DELIVERED...which means if somebody bought it off of EBAY you would only receive about 7200-7300 after EBAY/PAYPAL commissions. I would think you could offer it for the same price here...make sense???

No it doesn't make sense. If that was the price it would have been advertised that way. If you're going to lowball someone at least do it privately.

#15 10 years ago

What doesn't make sense?? It is CURRENTLY advertised on EBAY for 7995 with FREE DELIVERY...which means he would take in about 7200-7300 after commissions. I have been on EBAY since 1998..almost 30,000 FB on all accounts. I know what I am talking about. I am NOT making an offer...just stating the facts.

#16 10 years ago

Isn't $250 the maximum eBay fee?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Isn't $250 the maximum eBay fee?

Yes.

#18 10 years ago

Try selling a Car/Motorcycle etc on EBAY for only $250...the whole world would list their vehicles!!

#19 10 years ago

Plus you have the 3% commission to Paypal for the payment which would run about $240. So that is $490 in fees paid to Ebay and Paypal. Then add in cost of shipping.

#20 10 years ago

Try selling a Car/Motorcycle etc on EBAY for only $250...the whole world would list their vehicles!!

Does eBay Motors work the same as standard eBay? And are you saying that standard eBay doesn't have a $250 maximum fee? I'm confused...

#21 10 years ago

I listed my boss's Maserati last year and I'm pretty sure that fee was $250. Looks like it's down to $125 now?

ebay.com link: sell

#22 10 years ago

I just can't believe the OP is getting crap for this. After all, his price here is LOWER than his asking price on ebay.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

Plus you have the 3% commission to Paypal for the payment which would run about $240. So that is $490 in fees paid to Ebay and Paypal. Then add in cost of shipping.

Commission to paypal, credit card processing fees, handling, etc etc. I think anyone who is doing business on the internet is well versed in those areas.

I'd also argue that eBay has a slightly larger audience than Pinside, so perhaps turning a smaller profit to reach more eyes may be prudent to some retailers. I'm speculating though.

#24 10 years ago

Final Value Fees(Maximum fee $250, with percentages based on the total amount of the sale; EXCLUSIONS apply)

Figure $300+ on Shipping and I am pretty sure PAYPAL takes 3.5 - 4% now. Factor all that in and your looking at close to 7K for the pin take home.

EBAY also takes like 10% of the shipping charges now which doesn't apply in this case.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I just can't believe the OP is getting crap for this. After all, his price here is LOWER than his asking price on ebay.

No he isn't. His price DOESNT include shipping on here. Factor that in and its the same basically. He would rather sell it to someone on EBAY for $7000 - 7100 Take home and charge somebody here approx. 7700 Take home. Its a good thing some of you don't run your own business!! LOL

#26 10 years ago

Hence the reason why the site should be renamed to:

Pinside High

School20Bus20_20Cartoon2071_xlarge.jpgSchool20Bus20_20Cartoon2071_xlarge.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Its a good thing some of you don't run your own business!! LOL

You sound like a wonderful person to deal with. I may have over looked the shipping portion but I don't appreciate you insulting my intelligence.

#28 10 years ago

lotta good bumps here

#29 10 years ago

You sound like a wonderful person to deal with.

Thank You...As my 100% FB on EBAY would suggest (Top Rated Power Seller). I didn't insult your intelligence...I couldn't find any in your argument when the numbers were laid out. There is a $600 difference. If your gonna sell it to somebody on EBAY and get 7100 in return you might as well offer it here for around the same amount. That goes for ANYBODY...not just this seller.

#30 10 years ago

I didn't insult your intelligence..

Well I guess I just found the "run your own business comment" annoying

#31 10 years ago

No matter how many times I see it, it's always strange to see price discussions like this. I get that it's allowed, but it's nonetheless weird. I can't figure why someone wouldn't just contact OVFD and discuss the price and leave the public discourse out of it.

#32 10 years ago

As usual he probably is not even buying the game. Otherwise he would have just made that offer.

#33 10 years ago

Im definitely not interested in the game. That wasn't my point. If I was selling a game I would offer it to the people HERE on pinside for less than some person I would never hear from again on EBAY. At the very least the SAME price after everything was factored in. So you'll have to excuse me for "calling out" the discrepancy I found between the 2 advertisements. I was hoping SOMEBODY on this page could get it cheaper for themselves using my "math" as a bargaining tool.

#34 10 years ago

^^^

you obviously haven't caught on yet that many sales on items that are listed on ebay aren't actually completed on ebay...

#35 10 years ago

What doesn't make sense?? It is CURRENTLY advertised on EBAY for 7995 with FREE DELIVERY...which means he would take in about 7200-7300 after commissions. I have been on EBAY since 1998..almost 30,000 FB on all accounts. I know what I am talking about. I am NOT making an offer...just stating the facts.

So your not interested, you just came on here to pick on me?

#36 10 years ago

Naw... he just had to show everyone how smart (he thought) he is

Here's a bump for ya..GL!

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

So your not interested, you just came on here to pick on me?

#37 10 years ago

When the code finally gets released there will be so many people wishing they could still buy it for your price.
Metallica is a fantastic game as it is and I am sure it will be even better after the new code.

#38 10 years ago

I don't believe any of these LEs sell out quick, but dealers hold onto them in hopes of getting greater price down the road such as BIBLE.

I still see a ton of TF and XM LE NIB. I am sure there are a lot, even Metallica, interesting that the seller didn't advertise at this price back when many people were upset they couldn't find one at a reasonable price but probably were being quoted overprice.

#39 10 years ago

Final Value Fees(Maximum fee $250, with percentages based on the total amount of the sale; EXCLUSIONS apply)
Figure $300+ on Shipping and I am pretty sure PAYPAL takes 3.5 - 4% now. Factor all that in and your looking at close to 7K for the pin take home.
EBAY also takes like 10% of the shipping charges now which doesn't apply in this case.

I really don't understand the need to make assumptions and claim to be the expert, when in this case you have limited information. I have an extensive business background, and quite frankly know exactly what my Ebay fees are. I also know exactly what it costs to ship a new pin. Please don't assume you know my costs, or my eBay, paypal, or freight discounts.

Reality is this, to buy it on Ebay it's $7995, to buy it here its $7695. Buy which ever one you find most attractive. What my costs of processing are mine to handle. Do you go to The store and ask if you get your milk 3% cheaper because you didn't use your credit card?

Definitely the first time I have received flack for a discounted price.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I really don't understand the need to make assumptions and claim to be the expert, when in this case you have limited information. I have an extensive business background, and quite frankly know exactly what my Ebay fees are. I also know exactly what it costs to ship a new pin (I get a bill every month). Please don't assume you know my costs (which are none of your business)
I will however disclose what every power seller should know, Ebay offers discounts to volume sellers, in some cases their services are free. If you use Paypal as your merchant you receive discounts there as well. If you ship volume UPS and UPS freight gives you substantial discounts. Your cost calculations are nowhere near correct.....but you know what they say about people that Assume.
Reality is this, to buy it on Ebay it's $7995, to buy it here its $7695. Buy which ever one you find most attractive. What my costs of processing are really have nothing to do with the purchase. Do you go to Walmart and ask if you get your milk 3% cheaper because you didn't use your credit card?

Nicely put, you should raise the price up for his edumacation! Glws! I love my METLE

#41 10 years ago

If I was selling a game I would offer it to the people HERE on pinside for less than some person I would never hear from again on EBAY.

At least on Ebay he doesn't have to put up with the crap you're bringing to the table...

Great price OP!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Greg,
I was going to assume this is NIB but after reading the posts I'm not sure now. Can you please clarify? I'm still assuming yes since there are no pics.

Yes sir it is NIB

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

No it doesn't make sense. If that was the price it would have been advertised that way. If you're going to lowball someone at least do it privately.

Zing

#44 10 years ago

It's a great price considering these were quite a bit more and unobtainable not too long ago

#45 10 years ago

Bump for FREE SHIPPING

#46 10 years ago

I don't think he meant any offense by the comment. People on pinside are collectors and generally expect lower prices than craigslist and Ebay. Right or wrong, I have no idea, but that expectation exists.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I really don't understand the need to make assumptions and claim to be the expert, when in this case you have limited information. I have an extensive business background, and quite frankly know exactly what my Ebay fees are. I also know exactly what it costs to ship a new pin. Please don't assume you know my costs, or my eBay, paypal, or freight discounts.

Reality is this, to buy it on Ebay it's $7995, to buy it here its $7695. Buy which ever one you find most attractive. What my costs of processing are mine to handle. Do you go to The store and ask if you get your milk 3% cheaper because you didn't use your credit card?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think he meant any offense by the comment. People on pinside are collectors and generally expect lower prices than craigslist and Ebay. Right or wrong, I have no idea, but that expectation exists.

I agree. Looks to me like it is $300 cheaper to buy it here! Thanks for the pinside/collectors discount!

Bump for a great pinsider and all around nice guy.

#48 10 years ago

Great deal!

#49 10 years ago

Im definitely not interested in the game. That wasn't my point. If I was selling a game I would offer it to the people HERE on pinside for less than some person I would never hear from again on EBAY. At the very least the SAME price after everything was factored in. So you'll have to excuse me for "calling out" the discrepancy I found between the 2 advertisements. I was hoping SOMEBODY on this page could get it cheaper for themselves using my "math" as a bargaining tool.

Is there more buyer/seller protection on ebay then pinside? How much is that worth?

Pinside is a great place, but there is no reason to trust people here more then anywhere else.

It may be worth it to him to sell it there.

Free bump fair price.

#50 10 years ago

"Pinball is now acting like a TRUE HOBBY!"

Weird quote of the week....double bump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-metallica-master-of-puppets-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.