image-116.jpg
image.jpg
cucumber.jpg
Gear2.jpg
IMAG4700.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2089.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago

Congrats to OP on sale!!!....I could not be in the market, but fun to see high dollar, high collectible pins trade hands to fellow Pinsiders ....I just hope they take it out of the box and play it....would be a lot more fun, IMHO, and surely wouldn't take some kind of massive financial hit, vs the fun factor.......

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

NOT an investment, and it is coming out of the box!

THAT's what I'm talking about!!!.....pics when you get some time please.....I'll probably never own one of these, but super excited for you ( for some reason)!!!!!.....mark

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I will believe it when the transaction is complete. 20k for a pinball machine. Remember what people were paying for Beanie Babies! Crazy. I hope it works out for the seller however.

Comment seems a bit harsh....I too, remember paying $3500 for a mint "70 Plymouth AAR "Cuda back in '78. Doubt if I could find one anywhere under $60k nowadays.

Hope new Owner enjoys their new pin AND posts the pics.....mark

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I don't know why I feel the need to defend myself here, but somehow I do. I'm a player/ collector. I could care less about the resale value of a pin after I have decided to add it to my collection. The plate thing was just a personal quirk about having someone else's name on it. As it turns out, not an issue. Had nothing to do with the value, just a personal preferrence that would not have prevented the sale. I will be unboxing it with Rob (seller) on its arrival and we will immediately start trying to wear it out! I am buying this for me, my family, friends, and visiting pinsiders to enjoy playing a rare machine. I actually don't care in the slightest if it's the next remake or not, or what happens to its future "value",as I said, it will remain in my collection till I take a dirt nap. After nib STLE, WOZECLE, HEP AFM, HEP TZ, and waiting on my MMr, this isn't that big a jump! And LitzDoc, the deal is going thru, cash don't bounce. I do thank all of you for the positive comments and we will post some pics of the unboxing in a couple of weeks! Rob has been a pleasure to work with on this and I wouldn't hesitate to deal again in the future.

You don't have to defend your decision to anyone ( least of all...us) ENJOY YOUR GAME!!!!!

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

My best friend is a master watchmaker, also a BIG Patek fan. He is mainly into pocket watches, but he wears a Patek on his wrist. I agree most watches are not great investments, but there are some like yours that really are. With gold prices where they are, a lot of the higher end watches and the ones with complications appreciate really well. I have an 18k Rolex with a malachite face I bought years ago, and it has at least quadrupled in value, just because of gold prices, not the watch itself!

All Rolex for me ( boring, but I enjoy them) .....everyone has substantially increased in value....partially due to the gold, partially the model.....thought about selling awhile back, but still enjoy them ( only have 3, and each has a great personal story behind it)......

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Since it seems like this is becoming a "mine's bigger" thread related to watches, I'll throw one in and it will be pinball related. No, it's not a Rolex, Tag or Piaget, It's an Elgin. Bally liked to support local businesses. Alas, Elgin had already shut down their Illinois manufacturing operations and moved them to South Carolina. This was given to me around 1977.

IMAG4700.jpg 239 KB

Very nice!!!....

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Funny because watches are like pinball,both enjoying a slow death . Young folks wear watches as much as they play pinball...

True, true......funny in a sad way....was in Lowes yesterday and pulled my phone out of my pocket in checkout line...this guy looks at me, looks at my phone, and asks if I can tell him the time.....had my watch on my wrist the whole time....guess he didn't know what it did.....

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I don't wear a watch to tell the time. To me it's the only acceptable jewelry for a man. Wedding bands don't count, let's be honest they're not for show, they're there to let other women know you're taken. lol

I wear and use my Casio G-shock pretty much (<$100.00) all the time I'm awake (realizing I'm old, of course). Accurate time and chronograph (I manage my Son's soccer Team), completely water resistant, so rain, snow, swimming, etc. I'm good. Phone stays in my pocket, except when talking/ texting/ e-mail/ etc. Guess I'm just a creature of habit......

#108 9 years ago

Agreed and apologize for contributing...on with the Awesome Pin Thread (hoping for pics soon)....mark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-big-bang-bar-pinball-machine?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.