image-116.jpg
image.jpg
cucumber.jpg
Gear2.jpg
IMAG4700.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2089.JPG
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Funny because watches are like pinball,both enjoying a slow death . Young folks wear watches as much as they play pinball...

I don't have the world wide stats but I opened a pinball arcade 12 years ago. At that time there was only 1 company making pins and no one was going to be stupid enough to get into the dieing pinball business . I was told I was nuts and it will not work. Since then we have inspired many other pin related businesses including at least 5 pinball places in our state alone. There are now 2 large pinball companies and many smaller companies working on pinball. My Arcade has grown and become very popular(folks come from all over the world). Tons of young people are not getting into it they are into it and they show me with there quarters. So I have first hand day to day experience of pinball growing. So what are you pointing to that says it is slowly dieing?

#102 9 years ago

I don't wear a watch to tell the time. To me it's the only acceptable jewelry for a man. Wedding bands don't count, let's be honest they're not for show, they're there to let other women know you're taken. lol

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I don't wear a watch to tell the time. To me it's the only acceptable jewelry for a man. Wedding bands don't count, let's be honest they're not for show, they're there to let other women know you're taken. lol

I wear and use my Casio G-shock pretty much (<$100.00) all the time I'm awake (realizing I'm old, of course). Accurate time and chronograph (I manage my Son's soccer Team), completely water resistant, so rain, snow, swimming, etc. I'm good. Phone stays in my pocket, except when talking/ texting/ e-mail/ etc. Guess I'm just a creature of habit......

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Seriously someone needs to start a watch thread.

Didn't we have one at some point? I remember swapping pix with a few watch guys.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

beepers were a thing

They were weren't they? Never owned one, never wore a watch, and never had a cell phone. I was born with everything I was meant to carry except cold hard cash.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Didn't we have one at some point? I remember swapping pix with a few watch guys.

A few actually -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-watch

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-any-watch-guys-out-there

So let's get back on topic with this thread

WHAT IS ON THE PLAQUE?! LOL

Chris

#107 9 years ago

Congrats Imeh. Sincerely. I wish I could put that amount of money on the table because I love BBB. I have played three different BBB games (including the one at SS billiards). Who played four ?

I am not the least jealous. Enjoy every moment of it, and know that you made (some of) us happy for you !

#108 9 years ago

Agreed and apologize for contributing...on with the Awesome Pin Thread (hoping for pics soon)....mark

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*raises hand* (although I'm not that young) ...but yeah, I don't see the point of wearing a watch. When beepers were a thing - that was my watch. Then, my cell phone became my watch & still is. My car has a clock, there are clocks in my house. My TV has a clock. My Nintendo 3DS has a clock. Time is everywhere, why would I need a watch, let alone spend a ton of money on something I could easily lose or have stolen? Plus, I'm one of those dummies that takes forever to figure out what the hands say...I loves me some digital numbers.

Pinball Machines can also display the Time Date and Year

I love watches, cant stand not having one on. But I rather have a digital watch that I can get notifications, make and receive calls as well txt's, emails, meetings and even take video and photos like a James Bond spy lol. Having the phone charging in another room and still be able to access & use it rocks. I don't see watches as just time pieces anymore.

#110 9 years ago

So I found out what the plate says...

HELLO IMEH!

Omg mind blown!!!!

#111 9 years ago

I owned BBB #95 and I also wear a cheap watch. Sold my BBB a few years ago. It was fun to own and play but I needed money more than the game so I sold it. The new owner loves it and I couldn't be anymore happy. I of course made a documentary about it as well. I also helped ship the games. Enjoy the new Game - it was fun being involved with it back in the day.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from radium:

So I found out what the plate says...
HELLO IMEH!
Omg mind blown!!!!

That would be spooky!

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Comment seems a bit harsh....I too, remember paying $3500 for a mint "70 Plymouth AAR "Cuda back in '78. Doubt if I could find one anywhere under $60k nowadays.
Hope new Owner enjoys their new pin AND posts the pics.....mark

I remember thinking I was paying a LOT when I bought my '70 Plymouth Hemi Superbird for $5000.00 in mint condition. Little did I know that fast forward to 2014 and there's only 28 of them left......

#114 9 years ago

My name is Gary and I have BBB number 16. I did not request any special wording. They sent me:

Big Bang Bar
# 16
Gary's Game

This is perfect for me, since I have two places in my game room that sometimes display "GARY'S GAMES". If I ever sell mine a new plate could be done up by any engraver to say anything the new owner wanted.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Let's get back on topic - what's on the damn plaque?!?!?!?!?

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

So let's get back on topic with this thread

WHAT IS ON THE PLAQUE?! LOL

Chris

I so hope when he posts pictures of the game, that there's a censor bar (or a Vid head) covering the plaque. Like everyone, I'm now curious what it says, but I guaranty it cannot live up to the mystique not knowing has created. The IMEH plaque can go down in the Pinside annals like Shasta and signed Star Wars backglasses.

#116 9 years ago

no kidding, its really not all that.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

no kidding, its really not all that.

Sounds like it's a big secret to me. Ed

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I loves me some digital numbers.

I prefer my digits analog.

#120 9 years ago

Nice watches attract hot chicks

Hot chicks lead guys to do something dumb like get married

Marriage leads to 4 kids

4 kids leads to financial problems causing divorce

Don't buy a nice watch

#121 9 years ago

Wow that Rolex is baller Imeh!

1 week later
#122 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgit arrived, NIB #5 as promised. My thanks to a terrific seller (Rob) who made this easy ( even helped set it up) and would not hesitate to deal with him again.

image-517.jpgimage-517.jpg image-116.jpgimage-116.jpg image-5.jpgimage-5.jpg image-189.jpgimage-189.jpg image-73.jpgimage-73.jpg image-609.jpgimage-609.jpg
#123 9 years ago

Excellent !

LTG : )™

#124 9 years ago

Bad ass…congrats!

#125 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing and congrats.

#127 9 years ago

In the first pic it looks like Tin man is watching you open the box. The second pic looks like Dorothy to the right is looking. Then in the third pic it looks like the scarecrow is looking. I don't think WOZ likes whats going on here. Okay, i will shut up now.

#128 9 years ago

WOW Love it, thanks for sharing Imeh

#129 9 years ago

Congrats! Serious suggestion though, get those out of the sunlight.

#130 9 years ago

Shiny

#131 9 years ago

Did I miss it? What did the plaque say?

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Did I miss it? What did the plaque say?

It says "Big Bang Bar #5"

#133 9 years ago

Very awesome. Money well spent! I'm jealous.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It says "Big Bang Bar #5"

And you'd think for that kind of money it wouldn't have been made of cardboard.

Congrats on the game Imeh, it's beautiful.

#135 9 years ago

I guess I should address the plaque, the message on it was a personal message from Gene to him. As I said before, if he wanted to share it he would. It's just something meaningful to him. I will have another made and preserve the original.

#136 9 years ago

Is it romantic or something? How personal could it be?

#137 9 years ago

It's just a private joke, nothing to get worked up about. Just not my place to decide to share.

#138 9 years ago

internet boner !!

#140 9 years ago

i guess woz will see a little less play time /and attention now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.