New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 101848)

FS- NIB Big Bang Bar Pinball machine

By the_doors

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ledge
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-609.jpg
image-73.jpg
image-517.jpg
image-189.jpg
image-5.jpg
image-116.jpg
image.jpg
cucumber.jpg
Gear2.jpg
IMAG4700.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2089.JPG

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

I am the original owner. Box has never been opened. It has been kept in a climate controlled home. I have the original paperwork. This is #5 of the original 183 or so. This is not expp pin. It is the standard model with black trim. Pics of the box and documentation are available.

Game is located near Savannah, GA. Plenty of experience shipping, so that is not a problem.

Price is $20,500. Trades considered for Stern Star Trek LE, IJ, NBA, NFL, SM, Williams JY, or perhaps a fully restored Williams/Bally DMD pin.

This is a new thread. The game was listed in a (long) previous thread. I have updated the price, location, and potential trade options. I will post the link to the previous thread.

Please contact me direct with questions or offers.

Thanks for looking...Rob

#2 6 years ago

Here is the link to the previous thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-special-fs-nib-bbb-5

Hope it works!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday week-end.

Rob

#3 6 years ago

And if anyone is wondering Rob is a great guy to deal with and helped me out many times just for the love of pinball. You won't deal with a better guy.

#4 6 years ago

I watched the unboxing of one on YT, it had a plate with the production number and the owners name on it. Was it that way with all the ones Gene made?

#5 6 years ago

The plate could have whatever you wanted on it, or could be left blank with just the number.

#6 6 years ago

the_doors, do you know what is on the plate?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

the_doors, do you know what is on the plate?

Silly question but what would the plate have to do with anything? Is it really a decision maker on buying a $20K game to know what the plate says? You can have your own plate made. I've often thought I'd change what I have on mine but just have other projects ahead of it.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#8 6 years ago

Wish I was closer and had an extra $20k laying around.

#9 6 years ago

You have to excuse my ignorance, but having a game with a plate named to someone else would matter to me, and I don't know if it can be remade and retain the value of the original. On a game this valuable, it would matter to me.

#10 6 years ago

The plate has a custom msg I requested. Happy to share with serious inquiries.

Thanks for all the inquiries. I have responded to all.

Rob

#11 6 years ago

PM sent.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I don't know if it can be remade and retain the value of the original.

LOL. You could make a new one AND keep the old one! Whoa!

#13 6 years ago

I'm sure the value of the game would not be effected by replacing the plate. And even if it did, how much could it possibly take the value down? $20-$25 ?? Heck just keep the original plate and put it back on when you sell the game someday, or better yet just have a generic one made as well. Problem solved. Dont let the plate deter you from buying a game thats still in the box. Thats like not buying a MM thats been in the box since it was made and the batteries may have leaked. Personally I just dont see what the big deal is, the little stuff can be replaced.
Anyways, I'm off my soapbox now. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL. You could make a new one AND keep the old one! Whoa!

Exactly, the plate has no value when it comes right down to it. Are you buying the plate or the game ??

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Thats like not buying a MM thats been in the box since it was made and the batteries may have leaked.

Even those NIB Black Knights had un-leaked batteries from the factory.

Something about modern batteries that makes them instantly leak in pinball machines.

#16 6 years ago

I get it, plate was a stupid question. I get it.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even those NIB Black Knights had un-leaked batteries from the factory.
Something about modern batteries that makes them instantly leak in pinball machines.

Not if you use non-rechargeable lithium's.

#18 6 years ago

Game is sold pending payment. Thanks for the inquiries.

I will post should the sale fall through.

Thanks again!

Rob

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from the_doors:

Game is sold pending payment.

Congrats on the sale! NIB IP BBB is an expectational find.These are interesting times indeed.

#20 6 years ago

Wouldn't wanna take THAT financial hit by opening her up. Ouch.

#21 6 years ago

Guess the market is still alive and well... 8 hours to move a 20K game.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

For sure

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You must not have seen the other thread. This took a bit more than 8 hours to sell

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

It's all relative.
Pre-owned BBBs are selling for $18.5k (I know of two that sold at that level within the past 60 days), so the buyer will lose about 10%. No different than a NIB Stern Pro selling for $500 less than purchase. I realize it's $2k and not $500, but when your spending $20k on a machine it doesn't feel much different.

Just the 2 cents of a previous BBB owner, for whatever that's worth.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah cuz an open BBB is worthless...

I hope the new owner opens it. Pinball machines obscured by cardboard are sad and pointless.

#26 6 years ago

Can't imagine being excited enough to order one all those years ago and then letting it sit. Obviously paid off financially though.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Can't imagine being excited enough to order one all those years ago and then letting it sit. Obviously paid off financially though.

You'd be surprised. I'm betting there are alot more of these NIB then we think. I know of someone that bought two and never opened either one and sold them the moment he received them from IPB for a huge amount of money. Alot of people these days are in the hobby for the money and only the money. The games are just "assets" or "inventory", if you will.
The BBB's started the whole thing and just brought it to a higher level. Never before had people see other people in the hobby selling games for this kind of money and its now started a frenzy of buying and selling. This is why Stern has come out with all the different limited editions of each game, because they know people will buy them as a investment and Stern will sell out before people can even lay there eye's on what it looks or plays like. Smart move on Stern's part and I'm sure they wished they had the idea years earlier. Its now set the standard in the industry/hobby. Make a limited/numbered amount of a game and people will buy them all knowing they might double or triple there money in a short time. PPS had the same idea with the MMR and then decided to make as many as they could sell since they sold out in like 24 hours or less during Expo last year. Next thing you know the money grabbers were selling off there rights since there was now going to be a unlimited amount made, again a smart move on PPS but pissed alot of people off.
Anyways, congrats on the sale to both the seller and the buyer. Now can you tell us what was on the plate ? LOL.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#28 6 years ago

It will be revealed at the unboxing!

#29 6 years ago

The only thing good about those type of people is watching how pissed they get when they're burned if the market doesn't pan out.

#30 6 years ago

Congrats to OP on sale!!!....I could not be in the market, but fun to see high dollar, high collectible pins trade hands to fellow Pinsiders ....I just hope they take it out of the box and play it....would be a lot more fun, IMHO, and surely wouldn't take some kind of massive financial hit, vs the fun factor.......

#31 6 years ago

WOW! Congrats on the sale! 20K for a pin! Double WOW! I remember when the announcement came out that these were being made and I just couldn't spend $4500 on a pinball machine....was recently divorced and didn't have the cash......oh well.....if only....hell, these games might even be better than the stock market! Hahaha!!! CRAZY!!!! More power to those that can afford a pinball machine at 20K!!! WOW! ok, last time I say it I swear!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, especially if you're buying pins as an investment.

#33 6 years ago

Good for you Imeh....Coolest pin in the world!

#34 6 years ago

NOT an investment, and it is coming out of the box!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

THAT's what I'm talking about!!!.....pics when you get some time please.....I'll probably never own one of these, but super excited for you ( for some reason)!!!!!.....mark

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Good for you! Enjoy your new game!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

That is one hell of a pick up...Congrats to you sir!!

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I love how the guy who asked about the plaque and was attacked is the guy who bought the game......Nice!! Have we learned anything class??? So awesome, cannot wait to see the unboxing pictures and video.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Im so jealous man! Congrats and yes, please do post some pics of this!

#40 6 years ago

I will believe it when the transaction is complete. 20k for a pinball machine. Remember what people were paying for Beanie Babies! Crazy. I hope it works out for the seller however.

#41 6 years ago

It will. He has the money and is buying it to enjoy.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I will believe it when the transaction is complete. 20k for a pinball machine. Remember what people were paying for Beanie Babies! Crazy. I hope it works out for the seller however.

Comment seems a bit harsh....I too, remember paying $3500 for a mint "70 Plymouth AAR "Cuda back in '78. Doubt if I could find one anywhere under $60k nowadays.

Hope new Owner enjoys their new pin AND posts the pics.....mark

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Comment seems a bit harsh....I too, remember paying $3500 for a mint "70 Plymouth AAR "Cuda back in '78. Doubt if I could find one anywhere under $60k nowadays.
Hope new Owner enjoys their new pin AND posts the pics.....mark

Agreed. I think some have trouble understanding there are pinsiders out there with the means to be able to spend. Financial independence is a liberating thing. A guy bought two of my pins for right at the same amount as this. Both at the same time. He's semi-retired and has a fun fund for just such items. He has no intentions of ever selling and wants to enjoy them while in the upright position. To each their own. I'm not financially independent but I'm working damn hard to get there. 10 more years... Hopefully.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

Please picture and video it. It will be a Kodak moment for sure.

#45 6 years ago

The BBB my son is playing on my Pinside avatar was set up on free play recently at the Southern Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta. I only put one game on it, kind of out of respect to the owner who brought such a rare, valuable pin to an event like this. It was a good game though, 55 million if I recall.

The owner who brought that pin is a real asset to pinball and a promoter of pinball to collectors new and old to the hobby. Thanks!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

You could try another hobby like baseball cards and buy a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle, in a sealed plastic case, graded 5 out of 10 for $20,000 instead. Yawn.....

Pinball is a cheap hobby. $20,000 for a rare pin is not bad, especially with no 15+% auction fee added on. The best part is you can actually play pinball! IMHO.

#47 6 years ago

I don't know why I feel the need to defend myself here, but somehow I do. I'm a player/ collector. I could care less about the resale value of a pin after I have decided to add it to my collection. The plate thing was just a personal quirk about having someone else's name on it. As it turns out, not an issue. Had nothing to do with the value, just a personal preferrence that would not have prevented the sale. I will be unboxing it with Rob (seller) on its arrival and we will immediately start trying to wear it out! I am buying this for me, my family, friends, and visiting pinsiders to enjoy playing a rare machine. I actually don't care in the slightest if it's the next remake or not, or what happens to its future "value",as I said, it will remain in my collection till I take a dirt nap. After nib STLE, WOZECLE, HEP AFM, HEP TZ, and waiting on my MMr, this isn't that big a jump! And LitzDoc, the deal is going thru, cash don't bounce. I do thank all of you for the positive comments and we will post some pics of the unboxing in a couple of weeks! Rob has been a pleasure to work with on this and I wouldn't hesitate to deal again in the future.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I don't know why I feel the need to defend myself here, but somehow I do. I'm a player/ collector. I could care less about the resale value of a pin after I have decided to add it to my collection. The plate thing was just a personal quirk about having someone else's name on it. As it turns out, not an issue. Had nothing to do with the value, just a personal preferrence that would not have prevented the sale. I will be unboxing it with Rob (seller) on its arrival and we will immediately start trying to wear it out! I am buying this for me, my family, friends, and visiting pinsiders to enjoy playing a rare machine. I actually don't care in the slightest if it's the next remake or not, or what happens to its future "value",as I said, it will remain in my collection till I take a dirt nap. After nib STLE, WOZECLE, HEP AFM, HEP TZ, and waiting on my MMr, this isn't that big a jump! And LitzDoc, the deal is going thru, cash don't bounce. I do thank all of you for the positive comments and we will post some pics of the unboxing in a couple of weeks! Rob has been a pleasure to work with on this and I wouldn't hesitate to deal again in the future.

Very well said.... enjoy a great game.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Pinball is a cheap hobby. $20,000 for a rare pin is not bad, especially with no 15+% auction fee added on. The best part is you can actually play pinball! IMHO.

Don't forget no taxes and low maintenance unlike owning a car, boat or motorcycle

#50 6 years ago

Hey I am not being critical or harsh. I am just saying that I find it interesting that some people have no problem spending that kind of dough on a pinball machine. To each his own. I have spent that on a wrist watch so I can relate.
Is the game really that good or is just the mystique of owning something so rare? Anyway if you have the means that is great.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside