images-590.jpeg
100_0054.JPG
100E0053.JPG
star trek NG clap.gif
Gates_Plaque.JPG
cassandra_eatpm.jpg
mark_and_box.jpg
box.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Could we be treated to a few pics
I'd love to see what a NIB older pin came in, (sick of seeing all the Stern boxes lol)

Here's my NIB STTNG that I opened in 2008:

NIB Box 1.JPGNIB Box 1.JPG
#76 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I see your STTNG and raise you a NIB BBB opened a few months ago.

I'd hate to see my STTNG go, but I probably would trade it for a BBB ....or would I...I dunno. If the offer was there I'd definitely have to seriously contemplate it.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Did you open the NIB STTNG? I made the plunge on the BBB and never looked back. Love it.

Of course! Toys in boxes = sadness. Open toys = fun!

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I've asked repeatedly, but never gotten a response, whether anyone personally ever opened a NIB pin from yesteryear and found leaking batteries in it. Didn't they ship with dry cells, which almost never leak? Are we talking urban legend?
My DM was HUO from a Williams office employee. They had never opened the head. Dead dry cells.
I wish someone who did find alkalines, leaking or not, in a NIB game would set me straight so I could stop wondering...

When I opened my STTNG, they were just shriveled but not leaking. I don't know what type of battery they were, but I remember they were red.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I was just trying to back into the number he was putting out there. There's not a lot of $25k pinball machines out there. This is a high-run game relative to the era. A comparable item would be a ST:TNG issued to the cast members. And at least those contained a placard on the game.

Gates_Plaque.JPGGates_Plaque.JPG

Quoted from Aurich:

That's what Rarehero has. If I recall correctly people were offering him $20k for it before he opened it, though he'd have to corroborate that, I'm just going off memory of the story.

Well, one guy did...about 10 min before a bunch of guys came over for the big opening ceremony. Obviously I chose to open it. It was one of my favorites back in the day, before I even "got" pinball - I still loved it. When would I ever get the chance to open a Williams game ever again!? I had to do it.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

FYI, I've pulled original batteries out of Nintendo vs. boards from the 80s and found no damage. I don't think that it's anywhere near a given that there will be battery damage. It wouldn't suprise me if you found damage but I wouldn't assume the board is toast just becuase the original batteries are still in there.

They're lithium batteries, right? Are those known to leak? I thought those weren't leakers.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I think you've got it pretty right, but it's actually worse:
A NIB turns into a HUO in the time it takes to slide it out of the box and put legs on it. Let's say the $12k NIB in your example got opened and set up. Bang, it's HUO and worth, say, $8?
Open that $25k box and it turns into that same HUO game above, at $8k.
Now you have a HUO SS and a $17,000 letter.
You'd be FAR better off dropping $20k for a NIB BBB and taking your wife on vacation with the change.

Clearly "we" are not the market for this game. I'm sure Robert doesn't need it gone ASAP, so it's no biggie. All it takes is a celebrity or someone who has a "money is not an issue" life who happens to be an Elvira fan. A buyer will pop up eventually....all it takes is one.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Is Cassandra Peterson still considered a "celebrity?" I wouldn't recognize her in the supermarket without the get-up. I doubt I could tell her in her get-up from an impostor.

She still gives Robert wood....so give her some credit lol

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I never understood the Elvira thing.

Boobies.

Understand now?

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

So, Elvira has boobies and Cassandra doesn't? oooo-kaaaayyyyy.
And, by the "Elvira thing"... I understand the character concept. Heck ya', she was way marketable. I just don't understand why most men fall over their tongues ogling over her. Elvira looks like a skunk with tits. Cassandra looks WAY better. Hey, but to each their own!
Post edited by Olddragon : typo

Cuz she combines 50's campy sci-fi/horror with sexual innuendo. I think the geek factor of her schtick makes her more relatable to fanboy types than a generic swimsuit model type.

2 months later
#242 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What strange, though, is that picture shows the actual bar already on the front of the pin. I don't think they usually came that way. The actual bar would be packed in the box, not already attached. The bar was not attached on this SS. Perhaps they did it differently for MB?

That MB has some leg wrinkle...perhaps it was taken out/put back in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 249.00
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 38.00
£ 37.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-new-in-box-scared-stiff?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.