images-590.jpeg
100_0054.JPG
100E0053.JPG
star trek NG clap.gif
Gates_Plaque.JPG
cassandra_eatpm.jpg
mark_and_box.jpg
box.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago

Wow that's a tough sell - you pay $25k for a NIB hugely collector's item ... will you actually ever remove it from the box? Guessing that would drop the value immensely almost immediately. Kinda funny to think someone could buy and just display the box in their game room - saying that "That's a NIB Scared Stiff in there from Elvira! But I can't open it cause it would drop $10k in value!" ..

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

So, the one that sold on eBay a few years back was, I believe, from Ms Peterson as well. So, she had/has 2 (or more?) NIB SS?

What if this is the same one?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sure.
Or what if she got a dozen of them as part of the licensing deal?

I think it makes more sense that it may be the same one, since the OP says it "came from", as in it was a prior purchase. I'm sure she could have gotten as many as she wants, but I doubt she just kept them all NIB sitting somewhere all these years.

#51 10 years ago

Being that his handle is RobertWinter, and it's on the Robert Winter website, I think it's a pretty easy conclusion to come to. So basically looking for $15k profit after a bit over 10 years. Also confirms that if you're going to buy something like this, you're probably keeping it in the box. So buying it as an investment.

#128 10 years ago

NIB regular Scared Stiff would be ... what? $10k? $12k?

Let's say $12k.

The only "extra" this comes with is a signed letterhead certificate of authenticity.

So basically you are paying $13,000 for a signed letterhead. The NIB SS has no real extra value that I see as it has no plaque or anything else making it valuable, and nothing to differentiate it from any other NIB SS. Or am I missing something?

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

For the person who buys it, its not about having a 13k signed letter - its about the story. There is value - call it sentimental for some. "This pin was the personal property of ....". Its kind of like someone paying 6 k for a restore of a B or C list game even though a restored one is on the market for less - its not about value to others, its about value to them, and the restore adds to that value because of the story and the process.

I do agree with this, but there's just not much there. It's different, as in the Ebay auction, if you went over and met them and got them to sign it, etc. I'd think there'd be much more value in that and the signed machine, than in a NIB one with no indications of ownership other than a letter. Which would a collector rather have - a NIB one with no signs of ownership other than a letter, or an HUO one signed personally with a picture, signatures on the machine, and letter? I'm thinking the latter. Usually if you buy something with a story, there are some "cool" unique thing(s) that go along with the story. That's what I think is missing here. The only thing of value is the letter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 37.00
£ 49.00
£ 38.00
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 249.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-new-in-box-scared-stiff?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.