Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by eggbert52
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

134655-i.jpg
Uncrating 12 No Corrosion.jpg
Uncrating 8 Ready to open the machine.jpg
Uncrating 2 New Legs.jpg
Uncrating 1.jpg
Still new in Box 1.jpg
index.jpeg
elvira-bloopers.jpg
images-590.jpeg
100_0054.JPG
100E0053.JPG
star trek NG clap.gif
Gates_Plaque.JPG
cassandra_eatpm.jpg
mark_and_box.jpg
box.jpg

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 5 years ago

There is now one less NIB SS in the world. The new owner will be posting a bunch of videos on YouTube of the process. BTW, the batteries were in perfect condition with no corrosion.

Still new in Box 1.jpg

Uncrating 1.jpg

Uncrating 2 New Legs.jpg

Uncrating 8 Ready to open the machine.jpg

#202 5 years ago

Wow!....just Wow!

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Let's just say it easily paid for my NIB Luci, my NIB Met Pro, and my WOZECLE...

Call me crazy, I rather have those 3 NIBs myself as well.

#204 5 years ago

Were the boards and everything A-OK?

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Call me crazy, I rather have those 3 NIBs myself.

You're crazy!

#206 5 years ago

cool! post more unboxing pix!

#207 5 years ago

Let's just say it easily paid for my NIB Luci, my NIB Met Pro, and my WOZECLE...

I saw your WOZ the other night, you ever gonna bring it home?

#208 5 years ago

I could never afford doing this but I applaud the guy for buying and then opening this SS. Really neat seeing the pictures! Thanks for sharing. (because sharing means caring...)

#209 5 years ago

I'm so jealous...

#210 5 years ago

This was way too cool! Mine was not in a box, but I got it 2 weeks ago! And I'm lov'in it!

#211 5 years ago

Unbelievable something like this sits for so long. That machine is one sexy beast.

#212 5 years ago

The amount of money gone just by opening her up boggles the mind. But thank you mysterious buyer and Robbie Winter for sharing this glorious loss with us.

I had a very low mileage low number SS I sold years ago and it's great to see one just as mint.

#213 5 years ago

id keep that bally box. : P

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

My guess $16,000

i'd say 19k

#215 5 years ago

What about pics of the shooter lane? LOL

#216 5 years ago

Noticed the YouTube vid is up and running. There is 17 cuts.
Here is link for 1 of 17..you can go from there.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I had a very low mileage low number SS I sold years ago and it's great to see one just as mint.

And she's still as perfect as when I bought it off you

-Mauro

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Here is link for 1 of 17..you can go from there.

Where are the rest?

#219 5 years ago

Click on his account to see the other videos. Not all 17 are uploaded yet. At least I can't find them.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

The amount of money gone just by opening her up boggles the mind.

I'm no expert, but I find pinball MUCH more enjoyable to play once you take them out of the box...

YMMV....

#221 5 years ago

I guess I didn't ready the thread very closely, I had thought it was being sold by Elvira herself. Still congrats to you on the sale of your NIB, that takes a lot of patience to hold on to something that long without opening it I know I couldn't have done it lol

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Call me crazy, I rather have those 3 NIBs myself as well.

No doubt. No doubt.

#224 5 years ago

Wow! He cuts away like.....well, at least a few grand with just 2 or 3 swings with knife in the second video. Gives me the chills just looking at that. Much respect!

#225 5 years ago

Love the way that claw near the start button looks 3D in the second pic! Really pops!

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Were the boards and everything A-OK?

All of the boards were perfect.
Uncrating 12 No Corrosion.jpg

Quoted from Aurich:

I saw your WOZ the other night, you ever gonna bring it home?

One of the reasons for finally selling the NIB SS was that I simply needed room. I've got a few other games that will be listed soon as well.

Quoted from JeffF:

I could never afford doing this but I applaud the guy for buying and then opening this SS.

Quoted from underlord:

The amount of money gone just by opening her up boggles the mind. But thank you mysterious buyer and Robbie Winter for sharing this glorious loss with us.

I'm really happy it went to a person/family who would really appreciate the machine. They already own a SS machine, and have had it for about 15 years (he states this in one of the videos). It's their favorite machine and as such, wanted a perfect one. It wasn't about the money or taking a loss after opening it. It was about having a beautiful game that they loved and being able to play and enjoy it for many years.

Quoted from spfxted:

Where are the rest?

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3JfPNLf3JNOme-eMJsb6w/videos

#227 5 years ago

Thanks Robert! I'm soooo jealous!

#228 5 years ago

I love how he looks at the modesty stickers and says "I don't know what these are?"

#229 5 years ago

Ok...so there's #8 of 17 so far...Did he find those globes?

#230 5 years ago

There is now one less NIB SS in the world.

What a luxury to be able to afford or even find a 18 year old NIB machine.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love how he looks at the modesty stickers and says "I don't know what these are?"

I think those were the slingshot mylars he was holding, not a modesty sticker. I'm sure a LOT of people have never seen those.

#232 5 years ago

13 of 17 as of this post

#233 5 years ago

His wife (?) holding the camera can actually be heard laughing at him in the early 'just opened' videos, and his kid looked entirely ashamed that his dad was shooting these videos in #2. That's a downer. Enjoy with the man!

#234 5 years ago

Watched a bunch of these... obviously a guy who will appreciate this machine (he already has one!).

Things that made me chuckle:
Word count on number of times he says "pristine" = 754
Credit dot?

Things that made me cringe a bit:
How close he was swinging his hand near the cabinet with that box cutter!
Was holding my breath when i thought he hadnt latched the backbox
Somewhat awkward method for installing the legs

Cool vid- thanks for sharing!!!

#235 5 years ago

Just watched the final videos just awesome thanks so much for sharing

#236 5 years ago

did they all come with factory lock bars for the front coin door?

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

I believe all pins from this era did as I remember seeing this picture of a NIB Monster Bash with the same lock bar:

134655-i.jpg

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I believe all pins from this era did as I remember seeing this picture of a NIB Monster Bash with the same lock bar:

134655-i.jpg 38 KB

That MB has a pre wrinkle

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

Yes

#240 5 years ago

I think those were the slingshot mylars he was holding, not a modesty sticker. I'm sure a LOT of people have never seen those.

Ah, but of course. Don't know why I thought it was the modesty sticker when he was holding two of them.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

134655-i.jpg 38 KB

What strange, though, is that picture shows the actual bar already on the front of the pin. I don't think they usually came that way. The actual bar would be packed in the box, not already attached. The bar was not attached on this SS. Perhaps they did it differently for MB?

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What strange, though, is that picture shows the actual bar already on the front of the pin. I don't think they usually came that way. The actual bar would be packed in the box, not already attached. The bar was not attached on this SS. Perhaps they did it differently for MB?

That MB has some leg wrinkle...perhaps it was taken out/put back in.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The bar was not attached on this SS. Perhaps they did it differently for MB?

Actually it was. See the second picture at the top of this page.

Quoted from Rarehero:

That MB has some leg wrinkle...perhaps it was taken out/put back in.

Looks more like cracking to me, not wrinkling.

#244 5 years ago

Actually it was. See the second picture at the top of this page.

Looks more like cracking to me, not wrinkling.

That MB looks like it had the legs on at some point. Looks like you can see an impression where the legs were on.

#246 5 years ago

I bought MB nib back in the day. I don't believe the bar (hasp!) was already on.

#247 5 years ago

whens he putting it in the games room.

#248 5 years ago

I bought a lot of games nib back then and that era of pins all had the lock bar attached.

#249 5 years ago

All of the boards were perfect.

Uncrating 12 No Corrosion.jpg 290 KB

Weren't those factory red batteries that seldom leaked Rayovac Carbons?

18-years on this game without a leak is amazing compared to Alkalines.

Anyone know if modern Rayovac Carbon Zinc batteries like in the link below are basically the same?

http://www.osibatteries.com/p-695-hd-aa-rayovac-heavy-duty-aa-carbon-zinc-batteries-24-pack.aspx

#250 5 years ago

As time goes by, this will just be a regular HUO SS. However, the box it came in will remind the owner how awesome the experience was despite the cost.

Keep the box.

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside