Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by eggbert52
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

134655-i.jpg
Uncrating 12 No Corrosion.jpg
Uncrating 8 Ready to open the machine.jpg
Uncrating 2 New Legs.jpg
Uncrating 1.jpg
Still new in Box 1.jpg
index.jpeg
elvira-bloopers.jpg
images-590.jpeg
100_0054.JPG
100E0053.JPG
star trek NG clap.gif
Gates_Plaque.JPG
cassandra_eatpm.jpg
mark_and_box.jpg
box.jpg

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Clearly "we" are not the market for this game. I'm sure Robert doesn't need it gone ASAP, so it's no biggie. All it takes is a celebrity or someone who has a "money is not an issue" life who happens to be an Elvira fan. A buyer will pop up eventually....all it takes is one.

Yep. If I had "F.U." money, I'd offer 20k for the machine and the story.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Dang she looks better in street clothes than the costume.

I always thought that Cassandra Peterson looked 10 times better as "herself" than when dressed as Elvira. I never understood the Elvira thing.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I never understood the Elvira thing.

Boobies.

Understand now?

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Were those the red batteries, I always had in my container games?

I think they used to be gold with red logo?

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

FYI, I've pulled original batteries out of Nintendo vs. boards from the 80s and found no damage. I don't think that it's anywhere near a given that there will be battery damage. It wouldn't suprise me if you found damage but I wouldn't assume the board is toast just becuase the original batteries are still in there.

Would you spend 15k to open it up and look? I think those sealed ones, will remain sealed for the rest of their existence.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Is Cassandra Peterson still considered a "celebrity?" I wouldn't recognize her in the supermarket without the get-up. I doubt I could tell her in her get-up from an impostor.

The reason I wouldn't recognize her, is because I wouldn't be looking at her face.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

"Herself" couldn't build that little empire. Stripper poles tend not to exceed 100k/year

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The reason I wouldn't recognize her, is because I wouldn't be looking at her face.

You crack me up

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Cassandra Peterson

Cassandra Peterson is from my home town and birthplace . Colorado Springs Colorado. Her family owned a Costume Shop on S. Tejon st. 80906 'Petersons Party Land'. I remember going in to the store and seeing Cassandra 37 years ago or so. I remember thinking how good looking she was. I am sure she is a timeless beauty.

100E0053.JPG 100_0054.JPG
#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Boobies.
Understand now?

So, Elvira has boobies and Cassandra doesn't? oooo-kaaaayyyyy.

And, by the "Elvira thing"... I understand the character concept. Heck ya', she was way marketable. I just don't understand why most men fall over their tongues ogling over her. Elvira looks like a skunk with tits. Cassandra looks WAY better. Hey, but to each their own!

Post edited by Olddragon : typo

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

Elvira looks like a skunk with tits.

Makes this guy happy

images-590.jpeg
#162 5 years ago

I'll buy the box for $200, put a restored SS in it, re-open it like it's Christmas, and save $20Gs.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

And, by the "Elvira thing"... I understand the character concept. Heck ya', she was way marketable. I just don't understand why most men fall over their tongues ogling over her. Elvira looks like a skunk with tits. Cassandra looks WAY better. Hey, but to each their own!

Cuz she combines 50's campy sci-fi/horror with sexual innuendo. I think the geek factor of her schtick makes her more relatable to fanboy types than a generic swimsuit model type.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Boobies.
Understand now?

I didn't say she wasn't hot as Elvira, I think she's just hotter in street clothes.

Her regular shirt still says "awesome boobs" and you can tell that she still has nice legs too.

#165 5 years ago

And with over 40K likes on Facebook, Svengoolie may bring his campiness to a pinball machine one day!

http://svengoolie.com/

Bump. GLWS Robert!

Brad

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And with over 40K likes on Facebook, Svengoolie may bring his campiness to a pinball machine one day!
http://svengoolie.com/
Bump. GLWS Robert!
Brad

I enjoy watching Sven, never stop laughing at the Medievel Madness type shield and numerous chickens of the rubber type....

Hey maybe Rick can make some of these shields and include them with the MMR games lol

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Dang she looks better in street clothes than the costume.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

#168 5 years ago

I would think a personal meeting w/photos upon purchase would really go a long way for this sale. Sell me a STTNG w/ Patrick Stewart standing side by side would be amazing.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

elvira-bloopers.jpg

next question.....

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cuz she combines 50's campy sci-fi/horror with sexual innuendo. I think the geek factor of her schtick makes her more relatable to fanboy types than a generic swimsuit model type.

It's all about the camp + innuendo. Frankly I find nude Elvira off putting, it ruins the character. Elvira is about the tease.

#171 5 years ago

For 25k you ought to get the full "motor boat" and "throttle tug"

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Svengoolie may bring his campiness to a pinball machine one day!

Sven may not have the boobs, but he sure is one funny mofo.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

Actually true, in a way. Cassandra isn't particularly busty, but Elvira wears a "push-together" top that fills up a very deep v-neck in her costume. Compare Elvira pics to the old topless Cassandra pics if you don't believe me. (Yeah, I did this way back when...)

And she looks good either way. Different, but good!

#175 5 years ago

I TOTALLY don't get the old NIB thing....so.... I would rather have a game with a couple hundred plays on it that you know works.... What is to say you inbox it and it has a bad board or something that was busted when originally shipped? Only way I'm getting a NIB is if it is shipped to me new from day 1....

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's all about the camp + innuendo. Frankly I find nude Elvira off putting, it ruins the character. Elvira is about the tease.

Elvira does look sexier as Elvira, but I never find a curvy attractive girl off putting in any sense.

1 month later
#177 5 years ago

Updated with new asking price.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Boobies.
Understand now?

Cause Casandra doesn't go on stage with tassels on her "boobies". Elvira does. Elvira is a character played by Casandra is probably a good way to think about it. Elvira can be viewed as a sex object and Casandra gets to be Casandra. Pretty brilliant if you ask me. How many people would know Casandra walking down the street is Elvira. A little more class than the celebrities these days who've blurred and erased the lines between reality and their other persona's.

#179 5 years ago

Markets a little soft for games of this nature.
I'm sure there's someone out there that has the extra dinero
Wish I had the xtra scratch

#180 5 years ago

Updated with new asking price.

what's the new price?
i looked at 1st post and it says 20k.

when you want to make some money on it... let me know.

#181 5 years ago

How is this still available?

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

what's the new price?
i looked at 1st post and it says 20k.
when you want to make some money on it... let me know.

Initial price was $25K.

I'm open to offers. PM me and we'll talk.

1 week later
#183 5 years ago

Game has been sold pending payment. It will be going to a new home where it will be unboxed and finally played!

I'll see if I can get the new owner to take pictures of the unboxing.

#184 5 years ago

Cool I wanna see !!!!

#185 5 years ago

Congratulations Robert!

Brad

#186 5 years ago

Robert thanks for entertaining my offer....sorry I came up short. However, I would also have unboxed it and played it so I am happy you sold it to someone who is going to enjoy it.

You are a nice guy and again I appreciate you responding to my e-mails and truly glad you sold it (well, I would have been happier if you sold it to me....LOL !!!).

#187 5 years ago

...and, no, it wasn't me!

#188 5 years ago

Game has been sold pending payment. It will be going to a new home where it will be unboxed and finally played!
I'll see if I can get the new owner to take pictures of the unboxing.

Like I said when we talked earlier today, they need to take *video* of that thing being unboxed and post it here!

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Like I said when we talked earlier today, they need to take *video* of that thing being unboxed and post it here!

I've asked. We'll see what happens.

It was not a Pinsider that bought it.

#190 5 years ago

I've asked. We'll see what happens.
It was not a Pinsider that bought it.

I'm sure Rob would show up with his camera for the unboxing.

#191 5 years ago

Congrats on the sale! I'm really glad to hear that it's going to a home that will actually unbox it and enjoy it!

#192 5 years ago

I wish we could know what it sold for........

#193 5 years ago

My guess $16,000

1 week later
#194 5 years ago

Game was picked up yesterday and on its way to the new owner. I've been told there will be video/pictures taken of the unboxing which will be shared.

#195 5 years ago

yay! Did it go for over/under $15k ?

#196 5 years ago

ahhh well i guess it sitting in a box is not good either. I would enjoy the heck out if it!

#197 5 years ago

Very cool. Would love to see the unveiling.

#198 5 years ago

Looking forward to a video unboxing hopefully. Awesome

Wouldn't it be fucked up if the new owner opened up the box and found Elvira and the Party Montsters instead~

1 week later
#199 5 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I wish we could know what it sold for........

Let's just say it easily paid for my NIB Luci, my NIB Met Pro, and my WOZECLE...

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside