(Topic ID: 90102)

FS: Near MINT WhoDunnit with NOS playfield installed (SOLD)

By MrDo

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MrDo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-314.jpg
image-424.jpg
image-147.jpg
image-204.jpg
image-690.jpg
image-992.jpg
image-797.jpg
image-768.jpg
image-157.jpg
image-181.jpg
image-606.jpg
image-40.jpg
image-155.jpg
image-699.jpg
image-789.jpg
image-765.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Gorgeous machine for sale! Recently purchased, but another grail game has come available.

From the original FS thread:
This WHO dunnit was professionally restored and then folded up for several years. I don't have a complete list of what was done to it, but it clearly has a new playfield, new display, new coin door, rebuilt flippers, and some bullet-proofing done to the boards such as new caps & rectifiers. Over the last few weeks it has received a well-needed cleaning, all new rubbers, new legs, new leg bolts, new levelers, new shooter springs, and some technician work to cure a few bugs (likely due to the long-term storage). It plays like it's brand new, and nearly looks like it's brand new.

The only imperfections I can find on the game are some tiny stress cracks where the elevator ramp is screwed down (see photo), some decal wear underneath the lock bar, a few blemishes on the upper cabinet (see photos), and some wear on the rear of the lower cabinet from being stored on its end (see photo).

$3200 OBO. I will help with shipping.

image-959.jpg
image-186.jpg
image-765.jpg
image-699.jpg
image-789.jpg
image-155.jpg
image-181.jpg
image-40.jpg
image-606.jpg
image-424.jpg
image-157.jpg
image-314.jpg
image-768.jpg
image-797.jpg
image-992.jpg
image-690.jpg
image-204.jpg
image-147.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Ughhhhhh this game used to be in driving distance for me in California and now you drug it across the country... Damn you!

GLWS

#4 5 years ago

very nice!

#5 5 years ago

Wow. Finally someone advertising a high end game without those shitty plastic leg protectors... I don't think the price is crazy either, seems about right.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ughhhhhh this game used to be in driving distance for me in California and now you drug it across the country... Damn you!
GLWS

2nd chance for you, buddy! Make him an offer he can't refuse.

#7 5 years ago

Nice looking game without a massive premium being placed on it due to condition. I wish i enjoyed it enough to justify buying it.

#8 5 years ago

What a beautiful example! It's always nice to see non "A-list" titles like this get the royal treatment. This is one game that I've always wanted to put more time on. I agree that the price seems very fair for the condition. Good luck with the sale!

#9 5 years ago

very fun game. I miss mine occasionally. Price seems right based on condition, title, and previous sales.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Wow. Finally someone advertising a high end game without those shitty plastic leg protectors...

Cause felt protruding from underneath some of the legs here and there looks so much better. Once the damage is done there is not much you can do and adding metal plates now will create a gap and make the damage look worse. If the felt protectors are too short then you will see the damage as well because of the gap created and when it's too long it will stick out from under the legs like the pictures above. And not using any protectors will just result in more damage. I am not a fan of pincabs when they are not needed but at least they prevent any additional damage and also cover up any existing damage.

#12 5 years ago

If a little felt showing isn't a good trade off for actually protecting your game, by all means keep using the pincabs. Just don't list the game as restored or CQ with pincabs on, big dents in the art around the legs keep the game from being either.

Quoted from BoJo:

Cause felt protruding from underneath some of the legs here and there looks so much better.

#13 5 years ago

Who Dunnit is one to two toys and a wizard mode away from being a top ten pin
I miss mine!

#14 5 years ago

...Something about the early bird and the worm...

Game is SOLD!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside