Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clockwork.gif
mj-popcorn.gif
Flipper_MCD11445.jpg
really-ugly-people-140x140.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 9 years ago

Question - Some lonely older dude buys a BBB from Illinois Pinball back in whatever it was, 2004/2005, because he knows someone that knows Gene and hears about this new game coming out and thinks it would be fun for whenever the grandkids came over. He dies a few months ago. His brother, knowing nothing about pinball, finds the receipt and sees it was $4500 new ten years ago. His brother is older and knows nothing about Ebay or the internet. No other family is close enough to come check out the game. The brother posts the BBB (which is mint/low play) for $3000 on Craigslist. You are the first to see it and you jump all over it. Cash in hand and this beauty is now yours. This was your grail. You baby this thing for a few months and eventually you realize that while it is beautiful, it just doesn't get played much and you would rather have another game in your lineup like a NIB Tron LE. Space is tight! Are you going to sell this for $3000? Remember, whether you make one single dollar or $15000 you made a profit. If you think Pinside is changing then play out this scenario in you head and ask yourself if you are being a hypocrite!

#70 9 years ago

agree with Gecko.

no need to explain anything whoknows.

it is your game.

so many hypocrites here. if they find a deal they would flip in a second if they needed or wanted the cash. reason or no reason.

what is getting old on Pinside is this whole "holier than thou" BS. some people are so fake.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't think I would have the heart to steal roughly 12K from the brother in your scenario.

agree mike. i can tell you are a good guy and would educate the brother in the scenario. but not everyone has a good heart. even on here. they make it sound like we all know each other and should look out for each other but their natural instincts generally take over. the buy low and sell high mentality. no one comes running when a nice example of a game has a premium price tag is though it is probably worth it. they just complain about the price. then when they go to sell their games, they want the same premium. no consistency.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Flashing money around, talking down to others about not being able to afford your lifestyle (or where you live), etc...

well if you look at the thread they insulted me first. bunch of tough guys behind a keyboard. i should have ignored it but didn't feel like taking it that day i guess. so i went off. so be it. in the past now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 119.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-my-collection-metletrontotansopranos?tu=saveleaningtower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.