New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 118930)

FS MY Collection METLE,TRON,TOTAN,SOPRANOS

By whoknowsgoi

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kporter946286
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

clockwork.gif
mj-popcorn.gif
Flipper_MCD11445.jpg
really-ugly-people-140x140.jpg
image.jpg

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Opportunity knocks

#53 5 years ago

wife hasn't worked in 2 and 1/2 years and isn't out of work, she's a stay at home mom and i own a company and yes until 3 days ago things were going great so it is a real surprise...just lost a major account so now making moves because of it...this message board is honestly really ridiculous these days...getting spending advice on a for sale post

#54 5 years ago

Where is an admin when you need one. Jeez, Don't tell the man how to buy/sell or run his personal life. If you don't like the price talk with your feet and move on.

#55 5 years ago

You should consider posting pictures when asking $7000 for a game.

#56 5 years ago

my bad.

#57 5 years ago

Pinside has really taken a turn for the worse...

#58 5 years ago

just now noticing?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Pinside has really taken a turn for the worse...

I agree. Not much worse than buying a game from a friend and trying to sell for 1k more a week later. At least have the decency to offer it back tot he guy you bought it from first... it is just the friendly thing to do.

"Hey man, I got into a pinch with work and I am going to sell all my games. Do you want to buy back the game you sold me last week for what I paid plus the cost of the colorDMD I added?"

could have avoided a whole lot of bad feelings and headache for both parties.

#60 5 years ago

Not disagreeing on that but how about some pms.

#61 5 years ago

never sell to a flipper, end of story

#62 5 years ago

OK folks...this thread is going somewhere it doesn't need to go. Let's keep on track here.
As we all are aware, posting games FS in the forum leaves room for comments and discussion. Posting in the marketplace does not. So not saying discussion is a bad thing, but we can't have threads turning into personal attacks.

Price comments are a staple of sale threads, but there is no reason for anyone to get personal or delve into the personal business of anyone.

For both sides here...OP, you aren't obligated to share any personal info. For others, please keep reasonably on topic here.

Games are for sale. Comment on prices, comment on condition. Don't comment, dig, or speculate on motivations, personal info, etc.

#63 5 years ago

Post a pin for sale and you must tell your life story plus not dare make a dime or get flamed. Why do people even post stuff FS here?

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Post a pin for sale and you must tell your life story plus not dare make a dime or get flamed. Why do people even post stuff FS here?

They post stuff for sale because thousands of prospective buyers a day see it. Seems simple enough. Take the good with the bad. The op caused this. He gave conflicting explanations of why he was selling. Why offer that up in the first place? It only leads to conjecture. The price gouging while off putting, will be handled by the market.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

It's a small community I guess.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Hate to inform everyone that I am not a pinball flipper but I unexpectedly lost a major account for my business and having a close to 2 year old son at home and a non working wife I thought selling all my games seems like the responsible thing to do with the loss of revenue . I bought his game for under the asking price with the intention to keep it as its a title I have been longing for. I play with a lot of people on this board, in leagues with people on this board and have bought and sold with people on this board. In the least cocky way possible I make way more money doing my day job than I could buying and selling pinballs, it's a hobby that I enjoy not a career. I bought Manbearpigs machine for $6300 and added a color Dmd and had a tech over to fix a few issues it had when I got it, I am in close to $7,000. I figuired consider the additional expenses and the same song and dance every time I list a machine and being beaten down on price I would List higher and see where it comes in. Everyone feel free to keep commenting and say as you will but I thought I would make a post to set the record straight!

If this is the case, why did you just offer to trade the TOTAN for my CFTBL just a few days ago (before this for sale thread)?

#67 5 years ago

Where's the crying kid pic?

#68 5 years ago

Question - Some lonely older dude buys a BBB from Illinois Pinball back in whatever it was, 2004/2005, because he knows someone that knows Gene and hears about this new game coming out and thinks it would be fun for whenever the grandkids came over. He dies a few months ago. His brother, knowing nothing about pinball, finds the receipt and sees it was $4500 new ten years ago. His brother is older and knows nothing about Ebay or the internet. No other family is close enough to come check out the game. The brother posts the BBB (which is mint/low play) for $3000 on Craigslist. You are the first to see it and you jump all over it. Cash in hand and this beauty is now yours. This was your grail. You baby this thing for a few months and eventually you realize that while it is beautiful, it just doesn't get played much and you would rather have another game in your lineup like a NIB Tron LE. Space is tight! Are you going to sell this for $3000? Remember, whether you make one single dollar or $15000 you made a profit. If you think Pinside is changing then play out this scenario in you head and ask yourself if you are being a hypocrite!

#69 5 years ago

Man.... everyone get a life here! Lol. Manbearpig, understandable why on first seeing this get your feathers ruffled. But the rest all tried to blacklist a guy for an apparent flip without knowing or needing to know anything about him or his situation. He may or not be flipping his entire collection. He may do this horrible thing of asking higher than he paid for a machine just so short time ago. The jury is still out on if he is a flipper but at least we know the trolls! Now, move along. Nothing to see here. ✌

#70 5 years ago

agree with Gecko.

no need to explain anything whoknows.

it is your game.

so many hypocrites here. if they find a deal they would flip in a second if they needed or wanted the cash. reason or no reason.

what is getting old on Pinside is this whole "holier than thou" BS. some people are so fake.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

agree with Gecko.
no need to explain anything whoknows.
it is your game.
so many hypocrites here. if they find a deal they would flip in a second if they needed or wanted the cash.
what is getting old on Pinside is this whole "holier than thou" BS. some people are so fake.

Like on RGP... no different.

#72 5 years ago

Question - Some lonely older dude buys a BBB from Illinois Pinball back in whatever it was, 2004/2005, because he knows someone that knows Gene and hears about this new game coming out and thinks it would be fun for whenever the grandkids came over. He dies a few months ago. His brother, knowing nothing about pinball, finds the receipt and sees it was $4500 new ten years ago. His brother is older and knows nothing about Ebay or the internet. No other family is close enough to come check out the game. The brother posts the BBB (which is mint/low play) for $3000 on Craigslist. You are the first to see it and you jump all over it. Cash in hand and this beauty is now yours. This was your grail. You baby this thing for a few months and eventually you realize that while it is beautiful, it just doesn't get played much and you would rather have another game in your lineup like a NIB TRON LE. Space is tight! Are you going to sell this for $3000? Remember, whether you make one single dollar or $15000 you made a profit. If you think Pinside is changing then play out this scenario in you head and ask yourself if you are being a hypocrite!

I don't think I would have the heart to steal roughly 12K from the brother in your scenario.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't think I would have the heart to steal roughly 12K from the brother in your scenario.

agree mike. i can tell you are a good guy and would educate the brother in the scenario. but not everyone has a good heart. even on here. they make it sound like we all know each other and should look out for each other but their natural instincts generally take over. the buy low and sell high mentality. no one comes running when a nice example of a game has a premium price tag is though it is probably worth it. they just complain about the price. then when they go to sell their games, they want the same premium. no consistency.

#74 5 years ago

You can go back and look at prior "forum activity" and judge for yourself.

When you start a FS thread as opposed to putting it in the Marketplace and claim that you have a "Mint" and "less than 100 plays" Sopranos you are going to get some negative comments when it clearly isn't true.

It's a beauty of a pin and I hope he sells every one at whatever price he wants.

GL Whoknows and I hope life gets better for you, hang in there

#75 5 years ago

How dare anyone make money on selling a pin....its forbidden...

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

How dare anyone make money on selling a pin....it forbidden...

You just can't make money of fellow Pinsider's pins!

#77 5 years ago

Again I shouldn't have to divulge anymore details at this point but if you knew how silly from my perspective it is that I am into pinball to flip games for a profit as a career or side job your all nuts! would I rather make than lose on games, sure...have I lost many times before selling games, sure. I am in a sudden financial pinch and have my collection up for sale and it sucks and trying to get the most possible back out of it. When my business is going good it would cost me more to drive around pick up games load them unload them etc to potentially even at best make $1,500 would be a loss for me and my time when I could have spent that time working But continue on as you will most of you can continue on trolling and hiding behind a keyboard it's the easier thing to do.

#78 5 years ago

I have dealt with whoknowsgoi before with no problem...

#79 5 years ago

honestly, the easiest thing to do would be to call the guy that you bought the Totan from and see if he wants it back at cost? That may help put it all behind you and get you money the quickest.

That said, he may not be interested in dealing with the whole situation after all this mojo.

#80 5 years ago

Whysnow when purchasing from him he told me how much wasn't into the game, in most cases I would agree with you

#81 5 years ago

Dealt with both guys in the past and both are good guys

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Dealt with both guys in the past and both are good guys

Thanks Derrik!

This whole thread has gotten out of control in a hurry. I should have just contacted him in email rather than call it out in front of everyone. I understand what is going on now. My main concern was the pure short timeframe in which I just sold the game last week and now it is already up for sale at a high premium.

#84 5 years ago

agree with Gecko.

Agreed 100%. I have to admit it was amusing coming from you though after your Tron FS thread. Most of your post are pretty level headed but that thread had it all. Flashing money around, talking down to others about not being able to afford your lifestyle (or where you live), etc... Pretty hypocritical though.

I'll take the scenario though. I got a KILLER deal on my METLE from a friend. Totally modded out for way less than what stock games are selling for. I help him out when I can and he does the same for me. I would never have considered selling the game for a mark-up right after getting it (no matter the situation) without giving him the chance to buy it back. If he didn't want it back I would have sold it for market value and split the profit from the game with him.

OP - I hope things work out for you. Things will sell for what the market will dictate. I think a couple of those are high but time will tell.

#85 5 years ago

The TOTAN was owned by musketd and hank527 before I got it for about 4 months. The game is in above average condition with some upgrades. I sold it for the same price I bought it for minus 200 dollars due to a known flasher issue that I disclosed before the sale. So the only reason I had an issue was purely timing! If it would have been a few more weeks then I wouldn't have said anything.

He obviously has come up with a god reason to sell all of his games and get out of the hobby for a little bit. We have discussed what happened and all is well. I must say that the TOTAN is in good working condition and with the color DMD and working 100% is worth the 7000 mark.

I just wasn't in love with the game so I answered his wanted to buy ad on the pinside marketplace. I didn't loose anything on the deal except for the repair cost which is expected anyhow so I don't include that in the figure.

#87 5 years ago

Ha ha... I meant good not god

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Flashing money around, talking down to others about not being able to afford your lifestyle (or where you live), etc...

well if you look at the thread they insulted me first. bunch of tough guys behind a keyboard. i should have ignored it but didn't feel like taking it that day i guess. so i went off. so be it. in the past now.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Don't comment, dig, or speculate on motivations, personal info, etc.

doesnt that pretty much happen in every thread on pinside? isnt that what a forum is for? to speculate and give opinions?

minus the personal info.

motivations make a big difference to me if i am buying something.

#90 5 years ago

Some of you should take your crappy attitudes and go back to RGP. It's getting worse by the day around here.

#91 5 years ago

But you just CAN'T look away.....

clockwork.gif
#92 5 years ago

Every pin I have parted with, for whatever reason at the time I felt that fair deals have been made. Why would I care if the guy I sold my pin turns around and makes a buck (whatever the reason is)? If im looking for a TOM and some guy finds me one and the price is fair for me to make the deal, what do I care what he paid for it? I would think that guy who parted with the TOM in the first place felt it was a fair deal. If a guy needs to make a few bucks for whatever reason financial, medical or for education what the big deal. Grown men crying over a few bucks? Also you act like someone paid 8k for a TOTAN already.

#93 5 years ago

I hope everything works out with your Family Situation. I think we here on PS forget that this is a hobby and there is a real nasty world out there. GLWTS and I pray that you get things straight for you and your family.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside