New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 95316)

Fs: Mustang Pro Sale! 5 Days Only

By Gexchange

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 6 years ago

Bump for a great seller.

#3 6 years ago

How much is the discount? Site says the code "Mustangpro" is not valid.

#4 6 years ago

i think it is because u typed it wrong.. its Sale-Mustangpro

#6 6 years ago

So is 4995 the sale price?

#7 6 years ago

Way to keep it confidential and protect the vendor !!!! PM is your friend.

#8 6 years ago

Guys if you haven't played one do so. It's actually a cool game.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

So is 4995 the sale price?

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

If you click on the link, it says 4995 without putting in the code or anything. Not really confidential. Also, I doubt it's the sale price.

--Luke

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

4995 is the price listed in big, non-confidential numbers on the top of the page. You call to get the real price.

Way to stick your foot in your mouth

#11 6 years ago

The point is don't post the price. Ask for a pm. Luckily he posted the wrong price but that does not negate the point .
Pretty soon we are going to get cut off on these prices because of the info being out there. But hey you want to pay more then keep it up.
Metallic of course thrives on being wrong.

#12 6 years ago

Didn't Stern change the rules on ho dealers could quote prices? Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that a dealer can only quote his best price over the phone. No emails, no PM's, nothing written down. Assuming that is true, I wonder if you could get an ever better discount if you talked to JJ (or any distributor) directly. ...hmmm??

#13 6 years ago

The codes do not appear to work.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Worked for me

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yeah me too. I ran through the checkout just to see - I think many aren't realizing that the code starts with "Sale-"

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah me too. I ran through the checkout just to see - I think many aren't realizing that the code starts with "Sale-"

Oh.
It does work with the "Sale-" part.
Stern needs to lower their prices for what they are offering.

#17 6 years ago

Hummm Not sure why the code isnt working.. Wonder if its case sensitive.. Try These I just confirmed them working

sale-mustangpro (for Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card (Sorry no Credit Unions)

sale-mustangprocc (For Credit Cards)

Sorry about that guys. Please try again.

JJ

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Its all good.. I screwed up the code. =( Thats MAPP the discount is off that price.

JJ

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Didn't Stern change the rules on ho dealers could quote prices? Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that a dealer can only quote his best price over the phone. No emails, no PM's, nothing written down. Assuming that is true, I wonder if you could get an ever better discount if you talked to JJ (or any distributor) directly. ...hmmm??

Website Shopping Carts.. With Customers Information entered is allowed, along with Phone calls. Thats it

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes you must use the full code I put it in quotes for all! Everything Between the quotes

"sale-mustangpro" (for Cash, Check, Wire, Or Major Bank Debit Card (Sorry no Credit Unions)

"sale-mustangprocc" (For Credit Cards)

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Website Shopping Carts.. With Customers Information entered is allowed, along with Phone calls. Thats it

I don't suppose there's any rational thinking behind that policy? I'm personally not a lowest-price-only shopper, I'm happy to pay a little more for great service (you've been great with my issues for instance, and I'm not even technically a customer yet). I couldn't care less about saving a couple hundred bucks to ditch someone who I know is going to be there for me if I need something, even if the whole drop ship thing makes the process somewhat hands off.

But why make it hard for people get a price? It's not like we don't pass that kind of info around privately anyways.

Anyways, you probably can't even talk about it publicly, so just ranting a little. Thanks for your help the past couple days!

#22 6 years ago

It's legal price fixing to protect authorized resellers. Break the deal and you're out. Nothing more.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

It's legal price fixing to protect authorized resellers. Break the deal and you're out. Nothing more.

That does nothing to explain this new policy of "no email quotes". Email is how I function, I don't pick up the phone unless a really have to.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That does nothing to explain this new policy of "no email quotes". Email is how I function, I don't pick up the phone unless a really have to.

Because an e-mail is a documented/recorded form of communication that can be sent to someone else (like Stern) as evidence. You don't speak Legalese?

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yup.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Because an e-mail is a documented/recorded form of communication that can be sent to someone else (like Stern) as evidence. You don't speak Legalese?

I get that, but I still don't get the change. Obviously something is being protected here, but not grasping what prompted it. It's a customer hostile move, so I would think there's some justification for that.

Anyways, JJ is on the short list of people I would bother to pick up the phone for, so carry on with the thread!

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I'm still not understanding the problem here? If I want to buy something on amazon there's a price listed. If I buy a car there's a price on the window. If I buy a house there's a price on a sign in the yard. Sure there's haggling to be done but this is the Information Age, there are lots of vendor distributor options. The path of least resistance gets the sale for me and I'm not playing the hush hush, wink wink, nudge nudge no paper trail game.

No price no sale.

#28 6 years ago

Ok so if you find a site with guys who sell you x item for much less than that amazon price as long as you don't advertise it would you get that?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

If I want to buy something on amazon there's a price listed. If I buy a car there's a price on the window. If I buy a house there's a price on a sign in the yard.

The price is right on the page, $4995.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Because an e-mail is a documented/recorded form of communication that can be sent to someone else (like Stern) as evidence.

How is a shopping cart any different than an email? I put in JJ"s code, and saw the discounted price. I could have taken a screenshot of that and emailed it out. ...sometimes I don't understand why Stern does things the way they do - but - they're the ones who have stayed in business this long and kept pinball alive - so they must know something.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I'm still not understanding the problem here? If I want to buy something on amazon there's a price listed. If I buy a car there's a price on the window. If I buy a house there's a price on a sign in the yard. Sure there's haggling to be done but this is the Information Age, there are lots of vendor distributor options. The path of least resistance gets the sale for me and I'm not playing the hush hush, wink wink, nudge nudge no paper trail game.
No price no sale.

Its because the price is Below the Minimum Advertised Price Policy. The MAPP Price is listed., but if you want a better deal you need to use the codes or call. If I Violate it, then we won't be allowed to sell Stern pinball's any more. So you see why I don't and won't violate it. Not my rules just have to play by them.

Other may choose to risk it, I do not.

JJ

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Its because the price is Below the Minimum Advertised Price Policy. The MAPP Price is listed., but if you want a better deal you need to use the codes or call. If I Violate it, then we won't be allowed to sell Stern pinball's any more. So you see why I don't and won't violate it. Not my rules just have to play by them.
Other may choose to risk it, I do not.
JJ

Just to be clear my issue is with the policy and not your compliance with it or your company.

It seems like a lose lose for Stern. If you violate the policy, they remove you as a distributor and they sell fewer games. If you abide by the policy then I'm more likely to buy a competing product to avoid the hassle. I don't see how this is good for them.

Anyway...good luck with your Mustangs, it's a fun game.

#33 6 years ago

Many other industries work this way with MAAP pricing. It is used to protect the little guys and to avoid a few online retailers that can survive off of a few points of profit from driving the brick and mortar, high value add retailers out of business. Stern must value the the brick and mortar channels and keeping them in business.

Some manufacturers in one of my other hobbies, salt water reef tanks, does the same so that the brick and mortar fish stores can offer their products at the same price as the online retailers. It happens in the radio controlled helicopter world as well as the high end audio and home theater businesses.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Don't be such a jerk!! I couldn't get the code to work.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

If I want to buy something on amazon there's a price listed.

Not always true. Amazon too will occasionally have items where you have to add them to your cart to see a sale price which is below the Minimum Advertised Price Policy price.

I don't like the practice either, makes it harder to price shop. But of course that's the point, it's a way for the manufacturer to maintain some control over pricing and keep an efficient market from establishing a commonly known "real" price relatively close to wholesale, which would injure high-margine dealers and might ultimately drive down what Stern is able to charge those dealers for future pins.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

Don't be such a jerk!! I couldn't get the code to work.

Ok and if you did and posted a price that risks our vendor? Seriously how hard is it to call? Personally I feel that risking discounting pricing by posting what was asked to be kept confidential is being a jerk. At the least, lazy. Problems with codes for discounts , pick up a phone and call. I do and like Aurich I hate phone calls. But its worth it to save some money and not mess with our backdoor pricing. Sorry, but losing the pricing we get now would suck.
keep posting pricing and it won't be an issue because we will pay MSRP. No ones seems to notice the tighter and tighter policies.

Edit: I dont condone the policies and hate them but certainly don't want the worst to happen. Try buying Bose products (only as an example!! Don't really buy Bose).

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Ok and if you did and posted a price that risks our vendor? Seriously how hard is it to call? I do. Sorry if its being jerkish but losing the pricing we get now would suck.

This seems a little far fetched. I don't see how posting a price quote that I received or price I paid for a pinball machine would risk a vendor losing their distributorship. It's not like JJ is posting the price. Also, you don't have to sign an NDA to get a price quote. In fact, I've never even been asked not to post a price quote (not that I ever have, or ever would for that matter, but that's beside the point).

--Luke

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

This seems a little far fetched. I don't see how posting a price quote that I received or price I paid for a pinball machine would risk a vendor losing their distributorship. It's not like JJ is posting the price. Also, you don't have to sign an NDA to get a price quote. In fact, I've never even been asked not to post a price quote (not that I ever have, or ever would for that matter, but that's beside the point).

--Luke

Luke its not farfetched. I have seen it in Electronics. What will happen is the Manufacturer sees these prices and decides to reign it in. Even if unofficially, the vendor suddenly gets their allotments cut each time. I know he did not mean anything and I don't mean to give him personal crap as much as I want us all to worry about keeping the deals we get here. Sterns Policies have gotten tighter and tighter. As a group we should worry about keeping a good thing going.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Luke its not farfetched. I have seen it in Electronics. What will happen is the Manufacturer sees these prices and decides to reign it in. Even if unofficially, the vendor suddenly gets their allotments cut each time. I know he did not mean anything and I don't mean to give him personal crap as much as I want us all to worry about keeping the deals we get here. Sterns Policies have gotten tighter and tighter. As a group we should worry about keeping a good thing going.

I understand your point. I'm still not convinced it would happen or not, but I'm sure it's not worth risking. I guess, in the end, no one has posted any prices other than the MAPP yet...so no harm done.

--Luke

#40 6 years ago

It took me less than 30 seconds to click on the link, add it to my cart, auto-populate my Chrome data, enter the coupon code, and see the price. Not that big a hoop to jump through.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside