(Topic ID: 54149)

FS: MOPLE (should ship at the end of the week)

By Billmelater

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RA77
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1015171_10151660709019244_1905601851_o.jpg
shitty_haircut.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1.jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

At home and set up . Usually takes me about a week or two of tweaking to get it playing silky smooth. Already have white rubbers on and waxed and plexus the play field. Have one Q/C issue that stern is working to take care of but aside from that its gorgeous.

Had to adjust the drops and tweak one guide rail aside the upper rollovers and just a lot of normal stuff I do to make it perfect.

Code is early and needs work but that's expected and I'm sure it will be a good investment an addition to my collection.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

At home and set up . Usually takes me about a week or two of tweaking to get it playing silky smooth. Already have white rubbers on and waxed and plexus the play field. Have one Q/C issue that stern is working to take care of but aside from that its gorgeous.
Had to adjust the drops and tweak one guide rail aside the upper rollovers and just a lot of normal stuff I do to make it perfect.
Code is early and needs work but that's expected and I'm sure it will be a good investment an addition to my collection.

Cool, sounds great... The code will be great when complete! The LE is definitely the way to go if you looking for fun and future investment. Enjoy!

#103 10 years ago

What is the QC issue that Stern is working to take care of?

#104 10 years ago

Not being smart but that's not your concern. I am not going to smear them in a public forum. Stern is aware and is taking care of the issue.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the QC issue that Stern is working to take care of?

^^ Valid question, and kind of a foul that you're playing 'I have a secret.' You brought it up.

#106 10 years ago

Yep and that's my business . If I wanted to be specific I would have at that time. Leave it as it being taken care of .

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yep and that's my business . If I wanted to be specific I would have at that time. Leave it as it being taken care of .

Good move... the Stern haters were circling!

#108 10 years ago

That's the whole problem give people a chance. Whether it's stern, jjp, or any other maker. At least give them time to resolve an-issue before going in a different direction.

If I have a problem with a new car I take it to the dealer not the BBB.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Good move... the Stern haters were circling!

Ask about a QC issue and that makes us Stern haters? As a person in maintenance I always ask what problems have occured so that if I come across the same or similar issue I have foreknowledge. I think you just like to stir the pot.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Ask about a QC issue and that makes us Stern haters? As a person in maintenance I always ask what problems have occured so that if I come across the same or similar issue I have foreknowledge. I think you just like to stir the pot.

I think it is because the question came from Whysnow..... It probably could be seen as potstirring from both sides. Both of them should take a timeout from each other and let this guy try to sell his machine.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think it is because the question came from Whysnow.....

EXACTLY... it depends where the question comes from. I knew what he was up to!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

EXACTLY... it depends where the question comes from. I knew what he was up to!

Bump for the seller (Take the high road Tony, the drive is a little longer, but the view is a lot nicer )

#113 10 years ago

thanks for accusing once again...

I was asking a valid question with no intent other than I am a pinball hobbyist and concerned about QC issues mentioned on ANY game or by any manufacturer (no alliance to ANY manufacturer bias here; why would I?).

Seems rather strange that anyone would even mention a QC issue if they are unwilling to share what it is so others can be aware.

I have NEVER been a Stern hater! I love all pinball. Sure I have gripes with some things that some manufacturers do/have done, but still support them all!

#114 10 years ago

Not that this is anyone business. But Tony was asking me as a friend. He is not my rep. And I was only giving him my opinion about my game. The issue I nothing stern won't take care of so I don't see it as an huge deal.

The issue is when I choose to deal with stern and I politely say so. It's not acceptable for some. They have to throw there own opinion of the problem into the mix. So I can totally understand why it would be perceived as such

#115 10 years ago

Just continue reading I have heard of several issues with the Met. Pins so hoby1 can keep his secret as others are already talking...

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not that this is anyone business. But Tony was asking me as a friend. He is not my rep. And I was only giving him my opinion about my game. The issue I nothing stern won't take care of so I don't see it as an huge deal.
The issue is when I choose to deal with stern and I politely say so. It's not acceptable for some. They have to throw there own opinion of the problem into the mix. So I can totally understand why it would be perceived as such

As a future METLE owner, i was curious to hear and look for the issue upon opening the game that is the beauty of a forum to learn info. I respect you don't want to fuel a fire, i just hope i don't overlook what could be a common issue.

Enjoy the pin

mark

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

As a future METLE owner, i was curious to hear and look for the issue upon opening the game that is the beauty of a forum to learn info.

Cosigned. Unfortunately, the battle between secrecy & trash talk has overshadowed the primary purpose of forums like this: the free exchange of useful information.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

the free exchange of useful information.

+1

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The LE is definitely the way to go if you looking for fun and future investment. Enjoy!

I really hate giving any thumbs down, and I rarely do, but I just can't condone suggesting to anyone that pinball machines should be viewed in any way as "investments".

Yes, I know for the past two years their value has gone up substantially and understand that may give them the appearance of an investment . . .

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I really hate giving any thumbs down, and I rarely do, but I just can't condone suggesting to anyone that pinball machines should be viewed in any way as "investments".
Yes, I know for the past two years their value has gone up substantially and understand that may give them the appearance of an investment . . .

You can give me all the thumbs down you like, I kinda enjoy them!

Anyway, I'm not suggesting anyone should buy pins as an investment. If you look above to what I was replying to he mentioned the word investment and I am just confirming that if you do look for that as part of your pinball fun then the LE is really the only way to go. No guarantees but the LE's are the ones that seem to be the models to appreciate...

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Some want the best and the Pro is missing too much. Plus the Pro is a poor investment. You'll sell it for a loss if you decide to move it. So why miss out on some of the fun while your investment decreases in value? You get what you pay for...

I disagree with this comment. The Pro is hardly a bad investment & more and more people with the LE & Premium are wishing they went the way of the pro. If purchased right and modded the right way people will pay more of a premium. No pun intended. Never lost a dime on any pro. I'd rather have more fun with 2 modded pros then pay a premium price for 1 LE. To each their own.

Think we should be more focused on the pins we enjoy regardless of model then worrying about what we think they will be worth down the line. There's an opportunity cost to everything. Life was easier when there was just 1 version. In addition to the plethora of versions now we will most likely be looking at The Pro2, LEInfinity, and the Premi...Holyshitthat'salottalettace versions down the line.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I disagree with this comment. The Pro is hardly a bad investment & more and more people with the LE & Premium are wishing they went the way of the pro.

What?! LOL...uh...no. Zero regrets going with the LE. Who on earth who was lucky enough to snag an LE would "wish" for a Pro instead!?!? LOLOL I want the full game with all the features. Metallica Pro may be a good Pro, but it's still a stripped down version of the designer's intended game. Not that I care about the investment side of things, but you're not going to convince ANYONE that a Pro is a better investment than the LE...c'mon.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What?! LOL...uh...no. Zero regrets going with the LE. Who on earth who was lucky enough to snag an LE would "wish" for a Pro instead!?!? LOLOL I want the full game with all the features. Metallica Pro may be a good Pro, but it's still a stripped down version of the designer's intended game. Not that I care about the investment side of things, but you're not going to convince ANYONE that a Pro is a better investment than the LE...c'mon.

Exactly,

I could not fathom saying I would rather have my totally tricked out Tro Eli than a Tron LE. Its as good as a pros gonna get but in its still no LE

And yes if I would have gotten in on the preorder I would have bought the LE . Just wont do it now at 10K My bad for holding out.

#124 10 years ago

i wish all the le owners lots of years enjoying their pins. i believe, depending on the title, the pro can make sense, often the le makes sense and some times none of them make sense. all depends on the title.

metallica pro sure makes a strong argument for the best option for many, but certainly not all. acdc will favor the le over the pro for many.

i like toys so i will always sway towards premium nib. choice is good

i would welcome any manufacturer making just one version properly. spooky pinball hopefully fills this must needed no nonsense approach.

good time to be in pinball!

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What? LOL...ummmmmmm...yes. If I purchased an LE and secretly felt like I got pounded in the ass I would do whatever I could to keep the hype up and pray the value stayed above par. I never stated I was going to get on a soapbox and convince anyone that the Pro is better...Just seems like there isn't as much inherent risk with the Pro from an investment standpoint. I'd hate to be in the position where I paid 7500 or more for an LE and less then a year later I couldn't unload it for 5500. Then again, if everyone knew where TronLE would be worth then I would feel fine and pat myself on the back for the initial purchase. I just don't see the value in LE's and I've owned a few. I honestly feel a tricked out pro is just as nice. Agree or not... Just my 2 cents.

#126 10 years ago

Who paid more than 7500 if they preordered..........To me that sounds a person that jumped on the LE bandwagon and paid waaaaaay too much and is now concerned about there money. Ummm no........oh thats right we should not worry about the money, pinballs for fun not an investment.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

What? LOL...ummmmmmm...yes. If I purchased an LE and secretly felt like I got pounded in the ass I would do whatever I could to keep the hype up and pray the value stayed above par.

I'm not staring at a pile of money. I'm staring at a pinball machine I want to play. Premium & LE has more cool shit. That is a fact.

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I never stated I was going to get on a soapbox and convince anyone that the Pro is better...Just seems like there isn't as much inherent risk with the Pro from an investment standpoint.

Sure there is. It's an unlimited stripped down version of the game. Tron Pro only went up in value because there was no Premium. If Metallica is deemed "long term good", all versions will at the very least hold value. LE will likely always be worth more than paid for

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I'd hate to be in the position where I paid 7500 or more for an LE and less then a year later I couldn't unload it for 5500.

Be realistic. Look at AC/DC LE. Just like METLE, it's the same exact game as the Premium...but for some reason people are willing to shell out 10k for it. Like AC/DC, Metallica is a "cool" theme with a flowy layout and Lyman doing rules. So - on what planet would METLE drop to $5500!?!? In a year, the Premium will still be available NIB...why would the LE drop to a lower price than the Premium? LOL. I don't know if METLE will command the price that BIBLE does, but I'm pretty confident that it will never drop below the price I paid for it, which was less than $7500. If the game kicks ass and is a keeper then that's all irrelevant to me anyway as I won't be selling.

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Then again, if everyone knew where TronLE would be worth then I would feel fine and pat myself on the back for the initial purchase. I just don't see the value in LE's and I've owned a few. I honestly feel a tricked out pro is just as nice. Agree or not... Just my 2 cents.

Tricked out Pro doesn't have programmed color changing GI. Tricked out Pro doesn't have programmed color changing inserts. Tricked out Pro doesn't have mirrored backglass, underlit apron art, spinners, snake jaw, moving cross or hammer toy/coffin lock. If a tricked out Pro makes you happy, congrats. I don't want the "Costco" version, I want the fully featured version. Not sure why you're trying to fool yourself into thinking the LE isn't desirable. It's weird.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

more and more people with the LE & Premium are wishing they went the way of the pro.

I do not think this will be true, the LEs have just hit the home owners and early reports are (as of today), that the LE kicks ass !

#129 10 years ago

It can go either way guys. If you bought a LE xmen or avengers you prob did worse off then if you would have just got a pro, on the other hand you did better if you got LE AC/DC or Tron. Which space this will fall into we will see in time.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I think what's killing the LE price is that people realize they can get a premium for much less and not really be missing anything but cosmetic stuff. I'd go the premium route and save thousands!!

To some people cosmetic stuff means all the world, look at all the plastic surgery centers where people are trying to make themselves look better. Its many of the same people who just do not care and want the best looking thing even if its themselves or a pinball machine. I always though ACDCBIBLE was far superior looking than the Premium and the resell price also suggest this is true. We can all play the same version with a premium, its just some want the best looking ones and that is almost always going to be a Limited Edition version.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from Jdawg4422:

It can go either way guys. If you bought a LE xmen or Avengers you prob did worse off then if you would have just got a pro, on the other hand you did better if you got LE AC/DC or Tron. Which space this will fall into we will see in time.

It's prob about even. What's an Avengers Pro? $4200 or so? We've seen them selling for $3300. Avengers LE ~$6800. We're seeing them selling around $6000 now. Drops seem pretty consistent between the variations when there's a drop...however, if the game is a success it's the LE that will flourish.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i believe, depending on the title, the pro can make sense

Agreed. I actually prefer Transformers Pro to the LE, regardless of price. I'd never buy a TFLE unless the price dropped below that of Pros, which will never happen.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Who paid more than 7500 if they preordered..........To me that sounds a person that jumped on the LE bandwagon and paid waaaaaay too much and is now concerned about there money. Ummm no........oh thats right we should not worry about the money, pinballs for fun not an investment.

Try Living in Australia

original list price $9250 AU for an LE

Ouch !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 149.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mople-should-ship-at-the-end-of-the-week/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.