Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metallica-girl-37160.jpg
imagesCAQX8CVX.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

UPDATE: SOLD

Quick version. I have one (MOPLE) and absolutely love mine. This is not for me, but I LOVE the # on this one. This one is NIB.

I convinced my neighbor, Dr. K, to buy his first pin a few months back. He loves Metallica and so he was easily sold. He bought it from a national distributor that I referred him to on day 2. He paid $7695 plus shipping - plus IL taxes - plus he did a special number request. I have his invoice; It is for $8701.05. He would like to get his money back.

Anyway, he came over with his wife on Saturday to watch the Stanley Cup and see my game. His wife hated it. She hates "the swearing and the crosses and the whole theme." He called me Monday and asked if I would see if anyone wants to buy it. It is on it's way to his garage right now. She wants him to get a game more appropriate for his 3 young girls.

He requested #81 because Metallica formed in 1981 when James Hetfield responded to an advertisement that drummer Lars Ulrich had posted in a local newspaper.

If I could put my #404 back in the box, I would keep this one for myself. Very cool #.

Please PM or email me if you are interested. Prefer a local sale if possible. Game is in Batavia, IL.

Jim Tracy
[email protected]

EDIT: It was Saturday's game, not Monday - nevermind.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

It is on it's way to his garage right now. She wants him to get a game more appropriate for his 3 young girls.

Woz it is then.....

Glws, very fair..

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for looking!

// Error: Image 111846 not found //

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Anyway, he came over with his wife on Monday to watch the Stanley Cup and see my game. His wife hated it. She hates "the swearing and the crosses and the whole theme."

FS: HUO Wife #1: Works well, needs a bit of dialing in.

#5 10 years ago

Good luck! I can't wait to play this game!
....Edit: lol...I posted before seeing the above!!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Good luck! I can't wait to play this game!
....Edit: lol...I posted before seeing the above!!

Also needs a wax

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Minor scoop damage due to three humans being pushed through . . .

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Minor scoop damage due to three humans being pushed through . . .

Sounds like a Cliffy business opportunity. Fit test volunteers lined up around the block.

#9 10 years ago

How are the bumpers?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How are the bumpers?

Balls bounce off them perfectly!

#11 10 years ago

I still don't have my LE and this is actually the number I was hoping for.
GLWS

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also needs a wax

Sounds routed

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

do you have any heavily routed wives for sale?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also needs a wax

How are the legs?

#15 10 years ago

Ewwww

How about a nib wife.

81 eh? Hells angel mople. Someone would pay extra for that.

#16 10 years ago

Ewwww
How about a nib wife.

Well she's not NIB anymore, but definitely HUO

imagesCAQX8CVX.jpgimagesCAQX8CVX.jpg

#17 10 years ago

Sigh. This thread deteriorated rather quickly. Waiting for someone to ask about wear on the shooter lane...

#18 10 years ago

Lol. Seriously. GLWS. Won't take long to sell one of these.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Sigh. This thread deteriorated rather quickly. Waiting for someone to ask about wear on the shooter lane...

I was gonna say something about spitting out two balls but decided not to....

...oh wait.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Don't they all?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How are the legs?

Powder Coated.

#22 10 years ago

Hey - watch your language. I'm one of them.

I'm guessing we could have the same conversation about your shooter rod. (Not that I'm asking!)

#23 10 years ago

I forgot...what was this Thread about?....

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I forgot...what was this Thread about?....

Quantum physics.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Quantum physics.

Oh, right! Quantum physics is a branch of science that deals with discrete, indivisible units of energy called quanta as described by the Quantum Theory. There are five main ideas represented in Quantum Theory:

Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units.
The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.
The movement of these particles is inherently random.
It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time. The more precisely one is known, the less precise the measurement of the other is.
The atomic world is nothing like the world we live in.
While at a glance this may seem like just another strange theory, it contains many clues as to the fundamental nature of the universe and is more important then even relativity in the grand scheme of things (if any one thing at that level could be said to be more important then anything else). Furthermore, it describes the nature of the universe as being much different then the world we see. As Niels Bohr said, "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

#26 10 years ago

That was one expensive NIB purchase, WOW!

#27 10 years ago

This whole 'selling because of the theme' thing must be an American phenomenon. I can understand not liking the swearing but crosses and coffins etc.. Does that really offend people!? Maybe is Brits are just uncouth!

#28 10 years ago

Glws. if you buy from out of state distributor and live in Illinois do you still have to pay tax?

I just picked up a Tron limited edition home use only for my Metallica le

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That was one expensive NIB purchase, WOW!

Those taxes are what killed him, and the special number request. The starting price at $7,700 didn't include his shipping either . . . I wonder who the distributor was, they came out pretty well.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The starting price at $7,700 didn't include his shipping either . . . I wonder who the distributor was, they came out pretty well.

Yes, strange. They were sold out preorder, so they should've all drop shipped from Stern direct to customer. Let's hope something different and that he wasn't skewered for $275.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Those taxes are what killed him, and the special number request. The starting price at $7,700 didn't include his shipping either . . . I wonder who the distributor was, they came out pretty well.

My guess is GAP can't imagine it being anyone else.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

in canada i believe it was even more money for the le. problem was all other places were sold out so they had no choice but to pay large, quickly, or lose out on their beloved le.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The starting price at $7,700

Werent these 7200/7300 retail?

edit- MSRP I should say not retail

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It sounds like most purchased for 7-7200ish.

Either way, the current secondary market price is trending back towards that price.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As Niels Bohr said, "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

Niels Bohr never ate acid @ DisneyLand

GLWTS

#36 10 years ago

Probably a good thing he doesn't want to trade for a monster bash or I would be driving to your place this weekend.

Jim has always been very strait forward and awesome to buy from. If you are looking to buy he is a great seller.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Probably a good thing he doesn't want to trade for a Monster Bash or

I am sure he does Todd !

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It sounds like most purchased for 7-7200ish.
Either way, the current secondary market price is trending back towards that price.

Agreed. Last three reported here were sub 8k transactions, though I'm not sure whether it is fair to count Rommney's at $7,200 since he gave the guy that sold it to him for that a right of first refusal should he ever sell his BBB.

#39 10 years ago

So what's the difference between the MOPLE and the METLE?

#40 10 years ago

Lars gets $10 versus $20. I heard he's also watching the mods made for these so he can sue for royalties.

Relax just palyin.

#41 10 years ago

Who buys a $9,000 pinball machine site unseen without investigating what the playfield looks like?

Quoted from BackFlipper:

Anyway, he came over with his wife on Saturday to watch the Stanley Cup and see my game. His wife hated it. She hates "the swearing and the crosses and the whole theme."

What was he expecting? It's 'Metallica' themed pinball, not the 'Carebears'.

The way I see, some sort of Idiot Tax should be imposed. $1,006 (Custom # + Tax + Shipping) sounds like a fair penalty.

For those who are interested in buying... I've had about 35 plays on a Pro and about 20 or more plays on an LE and I don't see much difference in how either play to justify the difference in price. In my opinion the LE looks nicer when you're admiring the machine afar, but the playfield for the most part looks and operates the same.

I absolutely love Metallica's music, but I just don't see how this machine deserves all the hype it's getting. (Did Avengers really set the bar that low?)

I can't wait to play WOZ and see how it compares to Stern's latest release.

Quoted from BackFlipper:

She hates "the swearing and the crosses and the whole theme."

What swearing is there in the game? I've honestly never picked up on it while playing.

What's offensive about crosses? Does she cover her eyes while visiting relatives at a cemetery? The crosses on the 'Master of Puppets' album have a very deep and symbolic meaning (or multiple meanings). I don't know how any person who claims to be a fan of Metallica would find this offensive or be surprised that it was included in the pinball game.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

MAP pricing was $7595 for the LE

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I absolutely love Metallica's music, but I just don't see how this machine deserves all the hype it's getting. (Did Avengers really set the bar that low?)

-Great custom art package & custom toys
-Fan favorite fan layout
-Lyman Sheats

It's essentially Stern's closest thing to a Bally/Williams game.

Quoted from guyincognito:

What swearing is there in the game? I've honestly never picked up on it while playing.

"He's f*cked now!"
"Fry that mothaf*ckaah!"
"Don't f*ck with Robert!"
"HOLY SH*T!!!!"

etc etc etc.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"He's f*cked now!"
"Fry that mothaf*ckaah!"
"Don't f*ck with Robert!"
"HOLY SH*T!!!!"
etc etc etc.

Thanks. I do remember 'Fry that...' now. I'm used to playing in a loud bar with external music and other chatter.

I can see how that would be inappropriate for a household with small children. It's not a kids theme and I wouldn't expect Stern to provide a setting for 'Family Friendly Callouts' but I'm surprised they didn't, considering how small of a feature it would be in the scheme of the entire production.

Maybe they could have a switch that lowered the crosses and raised up little fluffy bunnies in their place?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"HOLY SH*T!!!!"

You thought i said that when i ripped the rom open in mame lol.

#46 10 years ago

That sales tax is a bummer.Jacks the cost up bigtime.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Yes, strange. They were sold out preorder, so they should've all drop shipped from Stern direct to customer. Let's hope something different and that he wasn't skewered for $275.

He was told that he had to pay for shipping and taxes because he was in Illinois. Everybody was sold out. I told him to get it. Not a big pinball fan, but a huge Metallica fan. He was going to put it by his bar in his basement. I figured it would be there for 5 years.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

My guess is GAP can't imagine it being anyone else.

It was not GAP. I got mine from GAP at a MUCH better deal. But, I also had to pay Illinois tax. Illinois sucks.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

That sales tax is a bummer.Jacks the cost up bigtime.

Next year we are all screwed with the new law coming into effect for online sales.

You will see some big time inflation on consumer goods too in my view as many of the high volume low margin guys that make a living on the internet won't be able to handle the new law and will lose the edge that got them a foothold on the beach of retail (which generally always favors the mega companies like Wal Mart and Target).

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Next year we are all screwed with the new law coming into effect for online sales.
You will see some big time inflation on consumer goods too in my view as many of the high volume low margin guys that make a living on the internet won't be able to handle the new law and will lose the edge that got them a foothold on the beach of retail (which generally always favors the mega companies like Wal Mart and Target).

Not if you live in Oregon Alaska Montana Delaware or New Hampshire

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not if you live in Oregon Alaska Montana Delaware or New Hampshire

Is this a done deal ? that's a killer for me order tons from Amazon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mople-or-metle-metallica-master-of-puppets-81-870105-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.