IMAG1107.jpg
DSC01390.jpg
DSC01391.jpg
DSC01389.jpg
DSC01388.jpg
DSC01383.jpg
DSC01393.jpg
#1 12 years ago

For sale, as is, just off route , needs to be shopped. Game is located near Chicago. Prefer local sale to see in person. Sorry don't have any pics

#2 12 years ago

Iv been meaning to grab a friend and visit your shop GAP. Maybe in the next week or so, this would give me an excuse to bug him to drive me!

#3 12 years ago

Good price

#4 12 years ago

Good price how bad is it?

#5 12 years ago

It is a good price, wonder what is wrong with it for gap to be listing it for 1600.

#6 12 years ago

Just moving it, got it at a good price. Not going to get to it for a while. Sits there collecting dust. We're to busy with Custom Johnny and other restores to mess with it.

It needs to be torn apart and rebuilt. It plays but flippers need to be rebuilt. What do you expect for $1600.

#7 12 years ago

Mike does this every once in awhile. Heard good things about those dealing with him on the quick flips. Nice price.

#8 12 years ago

Yes, I know he sells unshopped games from time to time.

#9 12 years ago

Hey Gap,

I would be interested in checking out the machine. I am in the Chicago area as well. Is it still available? If so do you have a show room I can check out or an email I contact you at to setup something?

Thanks.

#10 12 years ago

I am going to get some pics today of the game so everyone can see the game. Thanks for all the interest.

#11 12 years ago

Here are the pics.

DSC01386.jpgDSC01386.jpg DSC01382.jpgDSC01382.jpg DSC01383.jpgDSC01383.jpg

#12 12 years ago

more pictures

DSC01384.jpgDSC01384.jpg DSC01387(1).jpgDSC01387(1).jpg DSC01393.jpgDSC01393.jpg

#13 12 years ago

more pictures of monopoly

DSC01383.jpgDSC01383.jpg DSC01388.jpgDSC01388.jpg DSC01389.jpgDSC01389.jpg

#14 12 years ago

last of the pictures of the monopoly

DSC01391.jpgDSC01391.jpg DSC01390.jpgDSC01390.jpg

#15 12 years ago

I've always wanted to play this title.

#16 12 years ago

Looks like it has had a rough life. Odd spot for wear near the flippers.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I've always wanted to play this title ...

There was one at Expo.

#18 12 years ago

Mike is a good guy to deal with for those of you not familiar with him. Bought an unshopped pin from him about 3 weeks ago, at a reasonable price. Even helped me jump my truck after the battery died out after loading the pin!

#20 12 years ago

The pf doesn't look too bad - cabinet dings seem to be the worst of it except that they seem to have worn the legs down to nothing

#21 12 years ago

Well didn't sell the Monopoly, the guy that came to buy it bought the Ripley's, so decided to keep the monopoly and shop it out.

Here are some pics.

Resprayed the cabinet by the flipper buttons and under the legs and blended it into the cabinet

IMAG1107.jpgIMAG1107.jpg IMAG1108.jpgIMAG1108.jpg

#22 12 years ago

Tore the playfeild apart, rebuilt all the flippers, had some board work down . Few tips blown and some ic chips. Touched up the head

IMAG1132.jpgIMAG1132.jpg IMAG1133.jpgIMAG1133.jpg monopoly_063.JPGmonopoly_063.JPG

#23 12 years ago

more pics of the cabinet touch ups

monopoly_064.JPGmonopoly_064.JPG monopoly_066.JPGmonopoly_066.JPG

#24 12 years ago

Now onto the playfield

monopoly_059.JPGmonopoly_059.JPG monopoly_060.JPGmonopoly_060.JPG monopoly_061.JPGmonopoly_061.JPG

#25 12 years ago

Wow. Looks awesome. Nice work.

#26 12 years ago

Wow, cleaned up pretty good actually. Nice

#27 12 years ago

Real nice Mike! Is it stll $1600? lol sorry had to ask

#28 12 years ago

Great work, but the price now? Also how did you do the touch up on the pf? Was it cleared over or did you throw mylar on it?

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

but the price now?

Its on E-bay for $4700.

#30 12 years ago

Looks nice. Glad it comes with legs. First pics had no legs

#31 12 years ago

Looks like it cleaned up nicely. Nice work!

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

Its on E-bay for $4700.

Wow! I had no idea there could be such a markup on a machine after 6 days of shoppin'! I bet it looks awesome now though. Great job GAP!

#33 12 years ago

Yeahhh 4700 is a bad joke if you are right. HUO is below 2500 these days and while he did great work I would rather have an huo for the same price.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yeahhh 4700 is a bad joke if you are right. HUO is below 2500 these days and while he did great work I would rather have an huo for the same price.

You obviously missed the thread where GAP got all pissed off at eBay. The fees have become so outrageous that it's hard to make money selling pins on there at reasonable prices. That's why people list things so high, and a large percentage of deals take place off of eBay. The bottom line is that GAP doesn't actually expect a knowledgeable pinhead to pay $4,700 for that game.

#36 12 years ago

Even then realistically speaking I don't see gap dropping his price by over 2k. Looking at the pics it does look like he placed mylar in front of the flippers. There is a very faint line where it ends.

#37 12 years ago

We actually would drop the price $2,000. We stick it high on ebay for advertising. I really don't want to sell on ebay. If anyone reads my ebay auctions it states to call us for discount pricing.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

We actually would drop the price $2,000. We stick it high on ebay for advertising. I really don't want to sell on ebay. If anyone reads my ebay auctions it states to call us for discount pricing.

Good to know GAP thanks for straightening that out for us. Hope this one finds a good home soon.

#39 12 years ago

I don't know how he ever sells any machines. I've tried to work out 3 different deals on 3 different occasions with him and he acts all interested at first but then he just stops responding. Never gives an answer if he wants to do the deal or not which obviously is not but he could at least have the courtesy to say so. I finally decided that with his outrageous prices and total lack of interest in customer relations he's prolly one of those scam's who looks for what's out there for sale then advertises it for a much higher price hoping someone will pay him to buy it for them IMHO. Oh and by the way 1 of those deals he contacted me wanting to make the deal but then just quit responding.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

I don't know how he ever sells any machines. I've tried to work out 3 different deals on 3 different occasions with him and he acts all interested at first but then he just stops responding.

I would be more willing to believe all that if your ratings did not make it seem like you are a lunatic. Nah J/K, I'm assuming you just wanted to bring certain pins down in the ratings. Sorry to hear about the problems you had.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Oh and by the way 1 of those deals he contacted me wanting to make the deal but then just quit responding.

It takes two to converse. Did you stop responding as well or are you still trying to make contact?Need both sides.

(My no heart theory is holding strong)

#42 12 years ago

What do my ratings have to do with anything? I rate machines how I feel about them that's it. Also why would I make something like that up? Yeah I did try to contact him again each time about 4 days later and he always gave me the same line "oh sorry i've been busy" but still never says anything about doing a deal just stops responding again. I don't care if any of you believe it I mean I could post the emails from him but i'm not that low. I just read these posts about how great he is to deal with and from my personal experience with him he's done nothing but waste alot of my time and after reading this post I finally felt like ranting about it. I'm not here to argue with anyone and rant is over. Good luck to anyone that does deal with him I hope he treats them better than that.

#43 12 years ago

Not to give excuses here, but I have a full time day job outside of pinball, and I work on my pinball business at nights and on the weekends. I usually work 12 + hours a day and probably 60 hours a week + either on my day job or on pinball. The people that know me best can vouch for this. There are actually times were I can not keep up with the e-mail demand or the demands of both jobs and that is were I have to turn it off. I never intentionally try to ignore people sometimes it happens.

Right now my priority is making sure the 25 people that ordered Transformer LE machines are getting their games shipped this week, I have a delivery Thur night after my work, and 4 this sat. Just keeping logistics straight and making sure games are being picked up with the carrier is consuming most my after work time.

I am not looking for sympathy, just giving some insight into my weekly work life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-monopoly-pinball-machine-1600-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.