2017-10-06 20.55.48 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 20.54.35 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 20.54.17 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.11.48 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.15.37 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.16.26 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.14.39 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.14.15 (resized).jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Hello everybody!

Finally the Addams Family and Addams Family Gold playfields are ready.

The only difference between both versions is the green, which is darker on the production version compared to the GOLD edition.

As special version I did a Gold Glitter Edition of both types with a glitter effect on the Addams Logo. It is hard to take a picture of that, so I have uploaded a video on my Facebook page.

I have decided to keep the carpet area on both versions like the gold version is supposed to be as it does look much better with the better visible hatching.

As there are several other versions of the TAF playfields on the market I have printed my logo on the bottom area - just to avoid any mixups... From now on I will put a multicolor stamp on the bottom side of all playfields delivered from me to have an easy identification.

In total I have 4 different Addams playfields available:

Regular Addams (dark green)- 989$ US shipped to USA and Canada
Addams GOLD (light green)- 989$ US shipped to USA and Canada

Glitter effect versions:
Regular Addams (dark green with glitter on logo)- 1089$ US shipped to USA and Canada
Addams GOLD (light green with glitter on logo) - 1089$ US shipped to USA and Canada

Shipping to Australia is 80 US$ more for a box with up to 2 playfields.

Discounts: if you buy 2 playfields same time you get 20$ off of each, for 3 - 30 $ off each.

I have the following other playfields available:
MM, MB, CC, SS, TZ 2 and 3 magnet version, STTNG, Funhouse, AFM, CV, ToM, SC, WH20.

In addition to TAF I have finished Safecracker and White Water sets as well.

BK2K sets will be availbale end of November.

All available playfields will be available for pickup at EXPO at the BAA booth.

Regards,
Mirco

www.facebook.com/mircoplayfields

2017-10-06 15.14.15 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 15.14.15 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.14.39 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 15.14.39 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.16.26 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 15.16.26 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.15.37 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 15.15.37 (resized).jpg
2017-10-06 15.11.48 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 15.11.48 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Oh those are beautiful!!!!

#4 6 years ago

Looks fantastic. I would get, but I'm on the CPR list still.

Question though, since it came up in the other thread.. Didn't the GOLD version have a gold book on it? (Or was that just the bookcase plastic?)

#5 6 years ago

No - the GOLD version had the lighter green. The different colors are on the prototypes...

As several eople asked me about doing prototype versions - if I get enough interest I would run them. In case you are interested to buy a Prototype version please contact me.

#6 6 years ago

By the way - I have only one quality grade as we have a very good quality control during production to avoid issues from the beginning.

All possible things are done to have the best quality on the market. The clearcoats for example are mixed by a full automatic mixing system right in front of the nozzle of the robot, so the clearcoat is always fresh mixed and 100% accurate mixed and sprayed by the robot.

There is a huge improvement of the process over the last years. So any comparision with todays playfields to the ones of the last years is not possible. The current clearcoat systems are developed for us as the special mixture has advantages which are not common on the market. As a lot of development is behind them they are not available to anybody else. They can't even be applied without the technical systems behind as a hand spraygun is different.

Our high End sanding machine allows full automatic sanding between clearcoats without damaging the print.

All materials used on the repro playfields are the same we use for the new game playfields we manufacture for several companies.

#8 6 years ago

That glitter looks sick, thumbs up for trying something new and fun, I'd love to see more of that.

Thumbs up to Mirco's quality too.

#9 6 years ago

I like that the barcode area was removed entirely. A small, but nice touch.

#10 6 years ago

how about some close-up photos of mansion area?

thanks
p

#11 6 years ago

Wow, that was quick

#12 6 years ago

So the glitter version is available for the regular Addams as well as the Addams Family Gold edition?
Guess that just about proves the old saying that "all that glitters is not gold".

#13 6 years ago

That gold glitter looks hot, good enough to snort.

#14 6 years ago

Please find some close up pics attached.

Please note the different inserts of the darker production version compared to the brighter GOLD version. The arrows are different, too. But it is really difficult to take pics of them... Two different uninstalled ones are posted in the other thread.

I have also added a closeup of the carpet area. Please note the nice contours and the sharpness of the print.

As we have a new vector art file the resolution is much better than the original films ever have been. This creates a nice effect together with the high gloss clearcoat.

2017-10-06 20.54.17 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.54.17 (resized).jpg

2017-10-06 20.54.35 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.54.35 (resized).jpg

2017-10-06 20.55.48 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.55.48 (resized).jpg

2017-10-06 20.55.15 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.55.15 (resized).jpg

2017-10-06 20.55.22 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.55.22 (resized).jpg

2017-10-06 20.56.09 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.56.09 (resized).jpg

2017-10-06 20.56.26 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.56.26 (resized).jpg

2017-10-06 20.56.19 (resized).jpg2017-10-06 20.56.19 (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

Amazing, so beautiful! Thank you for your dedication on providing the best to the pinball community.

#16 6 years ago

#17 6 years ago

Will you be displaying these at Expo?

#18 6 years ago

Thanks, those look great!

#19 6 years ago

Yes, they will be availabe at the BAA booth at Expo.

#20 6 years ago

These look absolutely AMAZING. What is the price at expo??

#21 6 years ago

Resisting temptation..... argh!!!!!

#22 6 years ago

wow, those window lines are straight and smooth. Production games were hand drawn, and kind of wavy. I like the straighter line work better.

Love the green metallic and lighter green graveyard area. Looks awesome. I almost want to buy one.

#23 6 years ago

Wow. Wasn't expecting to be impressed but I am.

#24 6 years ago

Glitter is such a baller touch.

+1 to more modded playfield art...

Planked MB?
Nude CFTBL?
Nude AFM?

#25 6 years ago

I can’t stop looking at these... my game doesn’t really need a playfield... but then again, it kinda does

#26 6 years ago

That glitter is a sick touch.

Fantastic work.

#27 6 years ago

Agreed the glitter is a super nice touch and extremely tempting. I think especially with the pinstadium lights I'm about to install, that playfield with PDI glass would just jump!!!

I agree with Forceflow about the lack of Barcode area.

How difficult is it to do a playfield swap for a first timer (who does have some soldering skills)? Is a rotisserie absolutely necessary (or could playfield just be propped up on its side and secured)?

Any estimate of hours needed?

If I decided to sell the game would I get my money back out of the upgrade vs. Current playfield which looks good (and plays great) except for 2 spots and has mansion sticker.

#28 6 years ago

So the work on these is absolutely stunning. BUT I like glitter on my strippers not on my playfields. I'm just saying...

Also where are all of the purist SOBs whining about how this isn't how it was meant to look? Probably too busy wiping your drool off your phone like me.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So the work on these is absolutely stunning. BUT I like glitter on my strippers not on my playfields. I'm just saying...
Also where are all of the purist SOBs whining about how this isn't how it was meant to look? Probably too busy wiping your drool off your phone like me.

Uhhh where were you when Mirco posted the PFs are available with or without it?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Uhhh where were you when Mirco posted the PFs are available with or without it?

Too busy scrounging up $1100...

#31 6 years ago

Thanks a lot! I try to improve the quality all the time. In case you did not know - all playfields have a dust free clearcoat.

Regards,
Mirco

#32 6 years ago

Beautiful!! The timing of this perhaps lends some credibility to rumors of TAFr being next...

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

We are likely happy with the CPR remakes which look amazing and appear to be as close as you can come to original.
The quality of the wood, ink, and printing is really nice on those. I think the Mirco ones look nice also and it is great there are options. I personally am happy to have one that more closely matches the originals.

#34 6 years ago

So it is perfect that I have 4 different versions - 2 as original (production (1992) dark green and TAF Gold (1994)) and 2 same colors modded versions with glitter gold effect.

There were 2 different versions for regular and TAF Gold. Please see the comment on IPDB.ORG below. I have verified that through my other channels as well, but I can't post the names here. But the people I asked do know that for sure. Whoever says it was meant to be only light green is simply wrong. And please don't forget that there were different insert styles used!

from ipdb.org:

Larry DeMar points out that the Gold playfield is indeed different:

The PMS values for several of the colors were changed to make them "hotter". Side by side, it is easy to tell apart playfields from the original run from the new run which used the same screens with different colors.

Regards,
Mirco

#35 6 years ago

Sure makes sense that there would be multiple playfields available for a remake..standard, premium LE...very interesting!!

#36 6 years ago

I'm not involved in the Repro Game business and do not do any descisions on what games they do.

I have never don any playfields for MMr or AFMr.

Regards,
Mirco

3 weeks later
#38 6 years ago

Hi all.

I'm back from vacation and can ship more Playfields right away. I have Stock of all kinds which can go out immediately. We have just one great quality with a dust free very special clearcoat. The Playfields come completely drilled and dimpled ready to install. Due to our process no holes or dimples are hidden so that you can install them easily.

Regards.
Mirco

#39 6 years ago

LOVE THE GLITTER VERSIONS! As someone mentioned would love to see mods like this with other repro playfields!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi all.
I'm back from vacation and can ship more Playfields right away. I have Stock of all kinds which can go out immediately. We have just one great quality with a dust free very special clearcoat. The Playfields come completely drilled and dimpled ready to install. Due to our process no holes or dimples are hidden so that you can install them easily.
Regards.
Mirco

I wish companies would learn to just let the product stand on its own with out the constant passive agressive sales pitch BS.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wish companies would learn to just let the product stand on its own with out the constant passive agressive sales pitch BS.

So why you bother come into this thread anyway?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So why you bother come into this thread anyway?

because I am and have been a customer of the company...

They make a solid product, but it is pretty obvious what they are doing with the whole TAF run of pfs and it is petty and greedy at best.

Sad to me that not only did they decide to try and make TAF after they knew it was already in the works, but they have copied some of the effects, tried to pitch that theirs are better, and then take things like saying their process is better and advertise it in a passive agressive way wit how they mention it.

Neither product is perfect (hell I have Mirco pfs from as recent as 2 years ago with completely missing colors and wrong colors), but they would have been better off spending the time and energy making a different pf since they knew this was already being done.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Its not like they sell these things at Walmart or buy superbowl commercials...this forum is probably the biggest market for small pinball businesses to pitch and sell their products. Where else are they going to market their products to such a wide audience?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

but they would have been better off spending the time and energy making a different pf since they knew this was already being done.

I had been on CPR's list for over 3 years--some had been on it longer. They had no definitive release date until about a month or so before they started shipping.

I somehow doubt Mirco intended to compete--the pinball market is so small that it would be foolish to do something like that intentionally for an expensive product selling at basically the same price point. Prepping a new product for production takes a lot of time. With CPR not having a timeline for many years and Mirco probably too far along in his production process with time and materials already invested, it was probably too late to cancel the project and move on to producing something else by the time CPR *finally* made an announcement after 5(?) years of waiting.

So, now we have the unusual situation of two competing products.

Since there are similar competing products, both companies have to do a bit of marketing this time around to compete for customers by highlighting what's different and what's better about their particular product.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I had been on CPR's list for over 3 years--some had been on it longer. They had no definitive release date until about a month or so before they started shipping.
I somehow doubt Mirco intended to compete--the pinball market is so small that it would be foolish to do something like that intentionally for an expensive product selling at basically the same price point. Prepping a new product for production takes a lot of time. With CPR not having a timeline for many years and Mirco probably too far along in his production process with time and materials already invested, it was probably too late to cancel the project and move on to producing something else by the time CPR *finally* made an announcement after 5(?) years of waiting.
Since there are similar competing products, both companies have to do a bit of marketing this time around to compete for customers by highlighting what's different and what's better about their particular product.

I agree. Except one thing: I don't think that we are talking about competing products. As I know CPR list is full - this product is not available from that source. At Mirco, you can buy.

To you guys against Mirco: he is an option, not the only one, and not mandatory to buy from him. He is creating valuable products, and this is a good thing.
CPR, Mirco, NOS or pf restore - your choice.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I agree. Except one thing: I don't think that we are talking about competing products. As I know CPR list is full

No, it's not. Golds are sold out. Silver and Bronzes are still available if you sign up.

Quoted from Whysnow:

They make a solid product, but it is pretty obvious what they are doing with the whole TAF run of pfs and it is petty and greedy at best.

And frankly,. coming in here just to make a point about is it petty. Completely unneeded, especially since Kevin did the same thing, and you did NOT post over there.

#47 6 years ago

These look fantastic.

7000 Baby Pac-Man machines were made, most of the playfields are trashed. Easy, easy market.

Just sayin'!

#48 6 years ago

I am thrilled that so many TAFs will have new playfields in the future. I am a customer of both CPR and Mirco and I hope that we can be in a positive and supportive hobby where they both can succeed. Our machines and the next generation will thank us.

Marc

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

because I am and have been a customer of the company...
Sad to me that not only did they decide to try and make TAF after they knew it was already in the works, but they have copied some of the effects, tried to pitch that theirs are better, and then take things like saying their process is better and advertise it in a passive agressive way wit how they mention it.
Neither product is perfect (hell I have Mirco pfs from as recent as 2 years ago with completely missing colors and wrong colors), but they would have been better off spending the time and energy making a different pf since they knew this was already being done.

Sigh...this is asinine. Do something better with your time. Competition is good and frankly, numerous people have had issues with CPR playfields ( Look at ww thread and taf cpr thread ) And I’m glad there is someone else. It’s good for th hobby.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For us the Mirco playfield is a great option. We got on the CPR waiting list (TAF) a few months ago when it re opened. How did we know that we were on the list? No return email, nothing. Of the many emails we have sent over the last few months, we have only received one (generic) at the end of last Sept stating that we would be notified over the coming 2 months re delivery and shipping. We answered that email and again no response. Out of courtesy we are waiting the 2 months to see if we get a notification but I am not confident as I have only received one generic response after over 10 emails spanning over 6 months. Again out of courtesy if we have not got a shipping date by the end of November, I will order through Mirco and send CPR a polite email asking them to remove us from their waiting list. As Pinphila said, competition is good for the hobby.

Added over 6 years ago: Update: We ended up getting a CPR playfield. CPR ended up getting back to us. We got the playfield 2 weeks after payment and are very happy with it.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mirco-addams-family-regular-gold-and-glitter-versions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.