(Topic ID: 10427)

FS- Minty unrestored TZ MN area. Added cabinet pics.

By Pin_Crazed

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

101_5175.JPG
101_5172.JPG
101_5171.JPG
101_5167.JPG
101_5163.JPG
101_5159.JPG
101_5162.JPG
101_5158.JPG
101_5157.JPG
101_5155.JPG
101_5147.JPG
101_5146.JPG
101_5145.JPG
101_5153.JPG
101_5151.JPG
101_5143.JPG
#1 12 years ago

I hate to let this baby go but I am perusing another machine and have to sell something, so here it is. If you are looking for a amazing minty original TZ, this is the one.

Original Condition, un-restored, mid-early production, post holes at jets are plugged from the factory. Cabinet is nearly perfect, no fade, one scratch on right side of head that has been touched up.

PF is amazing, looks like glass, no wear at all, Slot scoop is perfect, translight perfect and original. NO PLANKING on the mini PF. Never drilled for a lock down, I cannot confirm it is HUO, but it looks like it was never on route. This is the most pristine TZ I personally have ever seen. T_G and PB_22 have both seen and played this girl.

It has the following upgrades:

Pro sub woofer and backbox speakers, the sound is amazing
Gumballs and gumball machine light
FULL Cliffy set, I have not installed the Mini PF Cliffys but they are included
Magnet on ramp diverter to Mini PF
Piano, not the McDonald toy version
Some LED's installed, not a full kit
Pinbits Plastic Protectors full set
Pinbits Clock LED Kit-the top two work intermittently, was going to replace them next order.
Has new clear ramp installed before I purchased it.
Added new Powerball sensor enhanced cable for trough.

Would prefer local sale so the buyer can see and play the machine first. Will consider shipping but only if I have to. I would hate to see this meet an unfortunate end in transit, this machine is worth the drive Please email if interested. Asking $5300, with all the extras and condition considered, I believe this example is worth it. This is a serious machine and I know I will probably never see another one like it un-restored.

101_5138.JPG101_5138.JPG 101_5139.JPG101_5139.JPG 101_5141.JPG101_5141.JPG 101_5143.JPG101_5143.JPG 101_5151.JPG101_5151.JPG 101_5153.JPG101_5153.JPG

#2 12 years ago

Beautiful P/F ,, Is the Rt-Ramp Clear , factory was Smoked !! Let's see the cabinet..

Edit: sorry i didn't Read all yr listing's..
--------------------------------------------------------
Has new clear ramp installed before I purchased it.

#3 12 years ago

Thanks BR!! , I will have to pull it out to take good pics of the cabinet, will try tonight. Here are a couple without pulling it out of the slot. Yes the ramp was replaced before I bought it, I did not replace it.

101_5145.JPG101_5145.JPG 101_5146.JPG101_5146.JPG 101_5147.JPG101_5147.JPG

#4 12 years ago

Beautiful !!!!!! Wish My TZ cab- had that Much Color.. Would you Take 5K if offered ? Just ask-n

I can see you Gett-n 5K or better for it...

#5 12 years ago

Wow, that is a thing of beauty! This should go quick.

#6 12 years ago

Yeah, I'd go for 5K too, but would need to wait a few months damnit!

#7 12 years ago

That is one amazing TZ. It sure is nice to see one all original without a ton of crap all over the place.

#8 12 years ago

That is a nice machine. I ask on behalf of a friend who may be interested... Did you personally replace the coin door? It doesn't match the one that I see on ipdb.

Is it a re-import, and if so do you see anything that should be a concern?

Thanks.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That is one amazing TZ. It sure is nice to see one all original without a ton of crap all over the place.

B.S .. mod's are a Blessing !!

#10 12 years ago

Wow, brother, you better be looking at a heckuva great machine if you're going to let that baby go!!

Good luck, northern friend...

#11 12 years ago

Absolutely. I had a TZ with every mod under the sun. Sold it after a few weeks. My second TZ had no mods whatsoever and it was a lot more fun to play. I'm shocked sometimes at some of the cheap crap that's a "mod." The piano mod was a nice one, and the gumballs were okay, past that, having a more wide open game made it a more enjoyable experience.

Quoted from smassa:

#12 12 years ago

Yes, I agree. My TZ has the piano, the gumballs and 2 gameplay mods (the magnet on the diverter gate and the extra post for the rocket).

I would consider the upper PF lamp (it's too expensive for a small lamp) but beyond that, I'm just not keen on the other mods. It's perfect just like it is

#13 12 years ago

I did not replace the coin door but now that you point it out, it looks like the same door that is on my NGG, strange. I have looked at the MFG stickers and it was sold as 120v 60 hz with a 93' production date, so it cannot be a export machine as all the stickers match.

I owned a HUO SP that was an export and never left the country for some reason, the order was canceled or something and it was sold to someone locally. This is for sure an America sold machine

Thank you for all the nice statements everyone, this has been the pride of my collection and it will be sad to see her go!

Quoted from EEE:

That is a nice machine. I ask on behalf of a friend who may be interested... Did you personally replace the coin door? It doesn't match the one that I see on ipdb.

Is it a re-import, and if so do you see anything that should be a concern?

Thanks.

#14 12 years ago

I am willing to trade this towards a MB if anyone has interest in that, as that is the machine I am looking for for the wife as a surprise gift! Thanks again everyone!!

#15 12 years ago

Sweet looking TZ, and TZ is at number 1 on my wish list right now. I'm pretty sure it will be my next pin.

And I have a MB.....

but it ain't goin' nowhere, even for a TZ.

#16 12 years ago

Thanks Rob! If you change your mind I would make the deal sweet for you

#17 12 years ago

It's number one on my list too, but bad timing. Gotta wait for the bonus check!

#18 12 years ago

Still available, last call before I list in other places. Anyone close enough to avoid shipping??? Thanks for all the interest thus far!!

#19 12 years ago

Very nice! Shouldn't have a problem getting what your asking for it. Ones in that nice of shape are getting 5 easily nowadays. Good luck!

#20 12 years ago

Thanks Pin, considering what it costs to restore one these days this is a money saver for sure. At worst it would need one head decal and honestly, you cannot see it when it is in the line up. Nice un-restored examples are hard to find. I would rather this goes to a Pinside member!

I would take 5k from any Pinside member willing to come here to get it.

#21 12 years ago

Id take it if you can wait till end of April!

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

I would take 5k from any Pinside member willing to come here to get it.

FYI. I know I just sold my own awesome example of this game but I just gotta let you know...

I hate you. lol

I am NOT going to buy another pin!!!!

shit

#23 12 years ago

LOL, I hate you too T_G!! Kidding aside, T_G is one of the coolest people I have ever met. When you gunna get yer butt up here and hang again?? I hope this spring I can get down there and play some golf and your WOZ!!!

I am in no real hurry to sell this machine, it is just going to fund the next one, once I find it!!

Seriously, anyone that is interested in a MB trade, I will make this a sweet deal. This TZ + stack of money or maybe even Wh2O for the right MB. Trying to make the gift of a lifetime here for the wifey. Thanks again everyone, Pinside members are awesome!!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

When you gunna get yer butt up here and hang again?? I hope this spring I can get down there and play some golf and your WOZ!!!

Soon, I hope. I will say this again, after I get WOZ, I will decide on the rest of my line up.

If WOZ is great, I will probably go with 2 JJP. If it is just "the same old" thing, I will either stay with WOZ and my current 2 or sell them and go again with either TZ, LOTR, AFM or SM to compliment WOZ.

The only thing that may change this is one of the 2 pin makers (JJP-Stern) making something "zombie". If that happens, all bets are off for me. I will line up to be a first 10 buyer.

If your collection hasn't moved post WOZ arrival, I will get back in contact with you.

#25 12 years ago

Interesting to see the black side rails and legs. Are those original? Mine is all black too and I assumed them to be aftermarket.

#26 12 years ago

Nope they are all chrome, flash made them look black. You can count your teeth in them

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

You can count your teeth in them

Though, arguably, that wouldn't take very long for some of the people on here...

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sweet looking TZ, and TZ is at number 1 on my wish list right now. I'm pretty sure it will be my next pin.

And I have a MB.....

but it ain't goin' nowhere, even for a TZ.

I agree on all points.. That really is an amazing example..

#30 12 years ago

Damn it, this bad boy is on my bucket list and we have two pinsiders with excellent condition machines both selling at the same time. Do I go for Gambit's or Pin_Crazed's?????? Both similar price, Gambit slightly cheaper with mods or Pin_crazed in ridiculous shape no mods. They both live far away, so it will cost me a small for shipping.................Oh, what to do??????

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Interesting to see the black side rails and legs. Are those original? Mine is all black too and I assumed them to be aftermarket.

Another thing I noticed was the "Twilight Zone" on the center of the apron it looks like its a decal, the one in the shop currently is actually screen printed must be another difference between early and late production machines.

#32 12 years ago

Thanks for the observations everyone. I have looked closely at the apron, they look like decals but upon inspecting all the my aprons in my collection, the only difference between them is on my CV, TOTAN, MM, AFM and TAF they appear to be die cut(screen printed??) i.e. they are cut out of the decal around the actual image instead of a shape around the image, while Wh2o, STTNG, and NGG are cut like TZ is. I have never looked at aprons this closely A little learning experience here.

So on your TZ Pintastic they are die cut or screen printed?? Anyone know if this was common to have two different methods for aprons during a run??

I know this is a mid-early production because of the plugged holes where the posts were on the early production models that they changed early in the run. Later models, they did not drill the holes from the manufacture, thus they did not have to plug them up on the line after the change was made.

#33 12 years ago

Dang pin_crazed...if I wasn't after a MB and trying to clean up my line up I am sure we could make a deal! I have owned a couple TZ's but none this pretty!

Not sure on the screen print aprons, should it really matter?? Machine looks amazing condition either way.

#34 12 years ago

Oh you know we would make a deal You have seen her and played her, not to many like this, un-restored, available these days.

Never mattered to me and I never put any thought into aprons before today. I agree, if the apron looks great then what's the difference right? But, now that it has been brought up I do see the difference pintasic mentioned after looking at all my machines.

Your boy looks beautiful bro, you owe me a cigar!!!! ---->

#35 12 years ago

i did some looking and reading and found nothing about apron's being different in sample versions???

#36 12 years ago

Just looked at this thread again, makes me want TZ even more. Wish you were in SoCal.

#37 12 years ago

Got her pulled out today, added pics, few dirty spots inside the cabinet, nothing a little bleach white won't cure. The outside of the cabinet is even better then I remember, lots of reflection from the flash, you can barely see the scratched area on the right head.

101_5155.JPG101_5155.JPG 101_5157.JPG101_5157.JPG 101_5158.JPG101_5158.JPG 101_5162.JPG101_5162.JPG 101_5159.JPG101_5159.JPG 101_5163.JPG101_5163.JPG

#38 12 years ago

Cabinet is dirty inside, has not ever been cleaned it looks like. Worst part is the stains from cleaning liquid of some sort, again, I am sure some bleach white would make it look new. I wiped it out with a dry rag as to not make any dirt stain it kind of smeared the dirt around so I stopped. The pictures make it look much worse then it is to the eye. Subways need to be removed and cleaned, something I never did.

101_5167.JPG101_5167.JPG 101_5171.JPG101_5171.JPG

#39 12 years ago

One more bump, thanks again everyone. Still looking for a MB if anyone is interested in a trade +cash deal for this girl.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

So on your TZ Pintastic they are die cut or screen printed?? Anyone know if this was common to have two different methods for aprons during a run??

Never paid attention but mine is exactly like yours. My first was a sample, maybe I can contact the new owner and ask him.....Just out of curiosity.

#41 12 years ago

Someone currently has a MB on the Minneapolis Craigslist.

#42 12 years ago

logged in as wrong user

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from pintastic:

Pin_Crazed said:

Never paid attention but mine is exactly like yours. My first was a sample, maybe I can contact the new owner and ask him.....Just out of curiosity.

FYI My TZ is screen printed not die cut like the pics above, it's a farly earlier version which also has the two holes plugged in the pop bumper area.

2 months later
#44 12 years ago

Did you sell this PinCrazed?

#45 12 years ago

If you bring it to Allentown, I will buy it from you!

#46 12 years ago

He sold it to me, and I love it

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from Slaymetender:

He sold it to me, and I love it

How did you ship it and what did they charge you?

#48 12 years ago

It was shipped through NAVL, and cost $450. Even with the brilliant packing job that pin crazed did, NAVL scratched the back of the game. Its a very minor scratch though. If it wasn't packed so well, who knows what could have happened.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 12.95
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-minty-unrestored-tz-mn-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.