DSC05818-A-737.jpg
DSC05817-A-71.jpg
DSC05819-A-355.jpg
DSC05822-A-775.jpg
DSC05814-A-118.jpg
DSC05815-A-204.jpg
DSC05821-A-366.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

He has a line of people with buying intentions

great to hear...price is incredible

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There has only been one person in this thread who expressed serious interest, and he edited his post that originally said that he had sent a PM...

Quoted from DuckBrian:

He has the game sold one way or another. I talked to Brad, great guy. He has a line of people with buying intentions it sounded like.

Like DuckBrain said I'm sure he has a line forming at that price. Just because one person says pm sent doesn't mean countless others haven't sent him a pm.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Like DuckBrain said I'm sure he has a line forming at that price. Just because one person says pm sent doesn't mean countless others haven't sent him a pm.

True and we haven't had the OP give us an update. I guess I'm just used to people posting in the thread "PM sent".

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I've never understood the whole "PM sent!!!!!!!" thing. Good for you, you sent a PM. I don't care.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I've never understood the whole "PM sent!!!!!!!" thing. Good for you, you sent a PM. I don't care.

I'll explain it to you.
PM Sent!

#56 9 years ago

Great game, great price! Great luck with the sale...

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll explain it to you.
PM Sent!

I agree. I hope no one is haggling here. It should be easy sale at 5900. If not, uh ohhh

#58 9 years ago

If there isn't a queue of people lined up to buy the game at this price, I'd be shocked. Yes, the market has softened, but I don't think it has deflated to the point where a sub $6K STLE with a lot of extras still isn't considered quite a bargain. It did make me realize, however, that the second I open my TWD LE I will instantly lose at least a grand.

#59 9 years ago

If this was on east coast, I would have bought it and sent money already. Damn.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What do you consider "higher priced" games?
Because I am certainly seeing lower prices on pins in the sub $5k category as well.
Sub $3k? Yes, those prices are dropping too. Maybe not by as much as the newer Stern titles have, but they are definitely taking longer to sell and are selling for less.
This trend will definitely continue in my opinion.

I guess I had not noticed the prices lowering on the games that are sub $4000. Thanks for the heads up. The number of games in existence appears to be overwhelming the demand and people's space limitations.

#61 9 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if he sells it for more than 6K. If I was in the market for a STLE and saw this I would have offered more.

#62 9 years ago

6500 ones have been sitting for a while.

1 sold last week for sub 6 and it did not have any value added additions (speaker upgrade).
It seems this is priced accordingly for a sale.

I would guess this is sold within the day, but it appears that STLE numbers are so high and the sale prices are continuing to drop (like pretty much all recent LEs).

My buddy was very interested but ended up passing as he is going to wait to check out all the new stuff at Expo in a few weeks. I would guess lots of others are in a similar boat and the code update added some fun to the game but still has bugs/issues which has made some less than excited to buy.

Good luck to seller. If I had a bigger budget I woudl have likely bought it since it is local. Alas, my wheelhouse is the sub 1500 game. me and my first world middle class problems

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There was another STLE for sale at sub $6k?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-magneto-and-star-trek-le-for-sale-cincinatti-area

Granted, he was asking $6200, but it included a $300 piece of Invisiglass and some other mods. Easily put the value of the game itself under $6K.

Quoted from Rarehero:

You can have mine for $7k

Only if it comes with over $1K+ cash stuffed in the coin box!

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Only if it comes with over $1K+ cash stuffed in the coin box!

I will continue to play it, then!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I will continue to play it, then!

I'd rather throw mine off the balcony before I sell it to some Pinside schmuck for $6k.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'd rather throw mine off the balcony before I sell it to some Pinside schmuck for $6k.

The vultures are salivating as they think they can turn a few isolated scenarios into a "market". We'll see... the game hasn't even been out for a year. More updates to come as well.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The vultures are salivating as they think they can turn a few isolated scenarios into a "market". .

You do realize that there is a drastic trend in many high dollar newer games taking a pretty big correction/decrease in resale?

I have been following STLE and prem prices pretty closely and these are not isolated occurances.
A few months ago is was 7k, then 6800, then 6500, then 6300, and now 6k. These all had mulitple sales at these tiers.

People laghed at me when I asked a 4 months ago what the trend was and I suggested 6500 was not out of line. Even you said something to the effect that none would be selling for 6250??? I think.

I had a buddy that was willing to pay 6500 a few months ago but now is waiting for expo so even he passed on 6k (I told him he is stupid since I think it is a great game). That seems to be a common thought.

I actually think the OP hit the correct price on the head and will still be suprised if it is not already sold, but just wanted to counter that this is a continuation of the trend and not an anomoly.

Reality is setting in combined with lots of new games that people want. I am wondering if this market correction will also result in changes to NIB games coming from Stern?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You do realize that there is a drastic trend in many high dollar newer games taking a pretty big correction/decrease in resale?
I have been following STLE and prem prices pretty closely and these are not isolated occurances.
A few months ago is was 7k, then 6800, then 6500, then 6300, and now 6k. These all had mulitple sales at these tiers.
People laghed at me when I asked a 4 months ago what the trend was and I suggested 6500 was not out of line. Even you said something to the effect that none would be selling for 6250??? I think.
I had a buddy that was willing to pay 6500 a few months ago but now is waiting for expo so even he passed on 6k (I told him he is stupid since I think it is a great game). That seems to be a common thought.
I actually think the OP hit the correct price on the head and will still be suprised if it is not already sold, but just wanted to counter that this is a continuation of the trend and not an anomoly.
Reality is setting in combined with lots of new games that people want. I am wondering if this market correction will also result in changes to NIB games coming from Stern?

Again - game's been out less for a year. It takes time for a game to build a reputation. When I sold my IM, it's when no one cared about it...a few years later it was selling for $2k+ than when I sold it. When it comes to individual titles, demand/reputation can change over time.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The vultures are salivating as they think they can turn a few isolated scenarios into a "market". We'll see... the game hasn't even been out for a year. More updates to come as well.

I lean towards this theory as well.
We have had a WBT Star Trek Pro posted everywhere we can think of for Texas and Louisiana for quite awhile now and not even a blip has turned up. Not a problem as we are probably going NIB anyway, but no one is selling.

#70 9 years ago

Just an update...I've had lots of offers at asking price. Some are willing to pick up today with cash. I'm just waiting until this afternoon/evening for a respected Pinsider who was actually the very first person to PM me. It's kinda funny that it's stressful talking to all the potential buyers, but I want to be respectful to the order people contacted me. It should be sold soon. To comment on the market...I probably priced it a little low, but I'll be happy if it goes to a good home - someone who will play it more often! It really is a great game. Thanks, Brad

#71 9 years ago

Congratulations on the sale. You probably left some cash on the table, but that's not a big deal if the buyer is easy to work with. The nice thing in this situation is if he gives you a hard time about anything just tell him thanks for stopping by and have a nice day. Then sell it to the next one in line.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Brads_User_Name:

It's kinda funny that it's stressful talking to all the potential buyers, but I want to be respectful to the order people contacted me.

#73 9 years ago

Classy decision to wait on the first guy to PM you OP!

#74 9 years ago

I've had lots of offers at asking price ...

This at least reaffirms that my gut was right about the pricing on this game. It has indeed fallen in value quite a bit, but it's not a sub $6,000 game yet. Congrats on the sale, and enjoy whatever game you are replacing it with!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This at least reaffirms that my gut was right about the pricing on this game. It has indeed fallen in value quite a bit, but it's not a sub $6,000 game yet. Congrats on the sale, and enjoy whatever game you are replacing it with!

We have to remember there's a Premium. As a seller, selling an LE for ~the price of the Premium doesn't make any sense. For a buyer, it's a great deal...I don't expect it to become "the norm", though.

#76 9 years ago

Just an update...I've had lots of offers at asking price. Some are willing to pick up today with cash. I'm just waiting until this afternoon/evening for a respected Pinsider who was actually the very first person to PM me. It's kinda funny that it's stressful talking to all the potential buyers, but I want to be respectful to the order people contacted me. It should be sold soon. To comment on the market...I probably priced it a little low, but I'll be happy if it goes to a good home - someone who will play it more often! It really is a great game. Thanks, Brad

Sounds like the type of seller I would be glad to do business with, well done and with class. I hope others follow your lead

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We have to remember there's a Premium. As a seller, selling an LE for ~the price of the Premium doesn't make any sense. For a buyer, it's a great deal...I don't expect it to become "the norm", though.

You are assuming the price of the Prem has not dropped?

This assumption would be wrong.

#78 9 years ago

799 = $5990 !

#79 9 years ago

First off, congrats to the seller on the multiple sale! Classy move waiting on buyers in order of their PMs.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Personally, I've never been in the market for STLE or any other version of the game. Even *if* a sub $6K STLE became available locally, I'd have a difficult time pulling the trigger. There are very few games I'm willing to go over $5K for. I don't think ST in any form is one of them.

The "market" is whatever they will sell for AT THIS POINT IN TIME. STLEs priced $6500+ have sat unsold. Those at $6K *have* sold. Will that number change in the future? Of course. But whether it's up or down is anyone's guess.

#80 9 years ago

Let's hope the 3rd movie is insanely popular.

#81 9 years ago

Please come to the york show ... I'll buy

#82 9 years ago

First off, congrats to the seller on the multiple sale! Classy move waiting on buyers in order of their PMs.

Personally, I've never been in the market for STLE or any other version of the game. Even *if* a sub $6K STLE became available locally, I'd have a difficult time pulling the trigger. There are very few games I'm willing to go over $5K for. I don't think ST in any form is one of them.
The "market" is whatever they will sell for AT THIS POINT IN TIME. STLEs priced $6500+ have sat unsold. Those at $6K *have* sold. Will that number change in the future? Of course. But whether it's up or down is anyone's guess.

There are always other facts to consider.
-Location. Location affects demand/price.
-Time of year.
-How many venues have been used to advertise the game? If it's just Pinside...yeah, it's gonna sit. There's CL, Ebay, Mrpinball, etc.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Movie popularity has little bearing on aftermarket game value. Game reputation & supply/demand do.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are always other facts to consider.
-How many venues have been used to advertise the game? If it's just Pinside...yeah, it's gonna sit. There's CL, Ebay, Mrpinball, etc.

What are the other locations? I only know of here and the 3 you listed (full disclosure, I don't trust craigslist).

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What are the other locations? I only know of here and the 3 you listed (full disclosure, I don't trust craigslist).

I think he's referring to the geographic location (state) in which the game is for sale.

And yes, I do know of a HUO STLE that sold in CA in the past few months that had a TON of mods on it which easily made the value of the game itself under $5800. Ask around.

#85 9 years ago

There was a Premium that sold for less than 6K on here........4 months ago.

#86 9 years ago

I think he's referring to the geographic location (state) in which the game is for sale.
And yes, I do know of a HUO STLE that sold in CA in the past few months that had a TON of mods on it which easily made the value of the game itself under $5800. Ask around.

One game doesn't dictate the "market". I could sell mine for $2k if I just wanted it out of the house. Doesn't mean that then becomes the expectation.

I bought a LOTR for $500. Does that mean every buyer is going to hold out on buying LOTRs until they get a similar deal?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One game doesn't dictate the "market". I could sell mine for $2k if I just wanted it out of the house. Doesn't mean that then becomes the expectation.
I bought a LOTR for $500. Does that mean every buyer is going to hold out on buying LOTRs until they get a similar deal?

It doesn't dictate but it sure does indicate...a LOTR for $500! There is more of a story to that I'm sure.

#88 9 years ago

So the sky isn't falling?

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wanna say who cares... because after the ITD butchering of WOK... I'm "off" any future movies.
Ofcourse; Shat is rumored to have been asked for ST3... but I'm not sure even he can save the Abrams-verse from my wrath.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/william-shatner-admits-he-was-736316

#90 9 years ago

There is a 6500 one in nj that has been for sale for months that hasn't moved.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One game doesn't dictate the "market".

But three games in the same general time frame is a decent measure!

It all comes down to what someone is willing to pay and if the seller is willing to let it go for that price, whether it be high or low. That's the only *true* market indicator.

#92 9 years ago

Personally, I've never been in the market for STLE or any other version of the game.

Huh?

Who was this mysterious person that I spoke to on the telephone several months ago named Robert Winter regarding a trade of my STLE for his IM?

#93 9 years ago

I think the increasing volume of games in the market has more to do with decreasing prices (than the games themselves). More supply to equal the demand means lower prices.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Huh?

Who was this mysterious person that I spoke to on the telephone several months ago named Robert winter regarding a trade of my STLE for his IM?

"You didn't speak to anyone on the phone named Robert Winter...."
obi-92.gifobi-92.gif

#95 9 years ago

My buddy listed a HUO STLE with invisa glass for $6500 a couple days after the code dropped here..Mr Pinball, CL, the Canadian sites (MAACA) and didn't get a single get an email.

The last 2 I've seen here that sold were advertised at $6200 (with mods and invisa glass) and this one 'loaded' at $5990...who knows what they actually sold for

I think it safe to say that the last 3-4 sold\not sold and sitting would probably set the market price..seems to be right at 6k

#96 9 years ago

If anyone has one on the east coast for $5900, pm me.
I doubt I will see that on the east coast.

#97 9 years ago

Pin is sold to the first Pinsider that contacted me - great guy. I believe I responded back to everyone. Thanks for all the interest.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

If anyone has one on the east coast for $5900, pm me.
I doubt I will see that on the east coast.

There's one in south jersey for $6,500.00.

I think the game is definitely worth it. New code is great.

It's a shame stern didn't do a run of 500, too many seem to have hurt the resale.

#99 9 years ago

Congrats Brad! I hate your pricing, but love your sales style. Someone got a awesome game, fess up big winner!

#100 9 years ago

I came close. Just didn't get up early enough. Wife will be happy. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mintlike-new-huo-stle-bargain-price-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.