You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG

#1 10 years ago

The translite was signed by Dirty Donny. Won it at the Metallica Launch Party in Chicago. Only about a dozen of these were signed for the launch party events.

Asking $250.

IMG_0140.JPGIMG_0140.JPG IMG_0138.JPGIMG_0138.JPG

#2 10 years ago

If I won that would have kept it very cool

#3 10 years ago

Nice Collector piece.

#4 10 years ago

I want it!!! Sadly all I could do is 150. GLWS

#5 10 years ago

I don't think the price police are going to like this... Maybe its only cpr they cry about.
good luck, cant wait to get mine!!!
cheers!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

The translite was signed by Dirty Donny. Won it at the Metallica Launch Party in Chicago. Only about a dozen of these were signed for the launch party events.
Asking $250.

Bummer. I won the Minnesota Metallica Launch Party and the translite I won was as part of the prize package was not signed. We had 3 translites to give away as prizes and none of them were signed.

#7 10 years ago

Any kind of paper work with it?

#8 10 years ago

Why would you sell something so cool?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Why would you sell something so cool?

Money is cooler?

#10 10 years ago

Some arn't metallica fans. If I had it I would be trading it or selling it as well. Now if it was a AC/DC signed by someone significant. I'd have to give it to a friend. Awesome item for someone who is a fan of the band and the game. Rare gem. I don't think $250 is that unreasonable. you guys fork out $175 for a Tron translite with chics on it. ANd they didn't sign it or anything.

#11 10 years ago

PM send!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Any kind of paper work with it?

If you see the first post on this thread (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they-got-dirty-donny-signing-metallica-translitesi-want-one#post-917313), you can see that the signature matches the signatures of the stack of translites, and that picture was posted well before I made my FS post. No paperwork was issued with the translite when I received it.

#13 10 years ago

$250 seems low to me honestly, but the op should do whatever he likes with it.

Normal translites sell for 150 and up so I would think a LE (i.e. limited edition by being signed by the artist) trans is worth at least $100 more.

#14 10 years ago

PM Sent. I want it. If anyone knows the OP, please let him know.

I just got back in town from a niece's Graduation and am afraid I missed it.

I had started this thread originally:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they-got-dirty-donny-signing-metallica-translitesi-want-one

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

PM Sent. I want it. If anyone knows the OP, please let him know.
I just got back in town from a niece's Graduation and am afraid I missed it.
I had started this thread originally:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/they-got-dirty-donny-signing-metallica-translitesi-want-one

There are a couple floating around. pm sent

#16 10 years ago

Talked with OP on the phone. Says he has limited internet access for the next day or so. I'm sure he'll get back to you as he is a very nice guy.

I'm really feeling redundant saying "really nice guy" about pinball people. Everyone I've met is REALLY NICE!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There are a couple floating around. pm sent

super lame!!! nothing like trying to snake the sale from someone else in their thread.

Backflipper >> just buy from Jon (Jpolfer), he is a nice guy and will treat you right.

#18 10 years ago

I just talked to Jon too, great to deal with and will treat you right.

#19 10 years ago

Sorry - the translite has sold.

Indeed, I do not have internet access at home (I left a networking event after DEWSHO and CaptainNeo both called me about the thread to go to a McDonalds to write this and finalize even!), and so I cannot always respond immediately - I'm not trying to be rude. I sold it to the first person who offered me asking price + shipping and PayPalled me the funds.

I also think I'm a pretty nice guy, and hope to have the opportunity to prove this to some of you in person some day. lol

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

I also think I'm a pretty nice guy,

Your not allowed to say this!

But after you told me what the money is going for I guess you deserve a Halo!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

super lame!!! nothing like trying to snake the sale from someone else in their thread.
Backflipper >> just buy from Jon (Jpolfer), he is a nice guy and will treat you right.

If you read the comment, he said that was worried it had sold. I had been in contact with op and it had sold already. Maybe if you had the facts you wouldn't have been so quick to throw down. That's alright though I accept.

#22 10 years ago

Wow!!! I cannot believe someone paid $250 for this. It's not too hard to get DD's autograph.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$250 seems low to me honestly, but the op should do whatever he likes with it.

The OP wants to give us guys in the pin community a nice deal. It sounds like if you had your way you would want to rake us over the coals... evil profiteer you!

#24 10 years ago

yea, but you have to figure the translite alone is worth $125. I really don't think $250 is that bad. Like I said if it was an LOTR translite signed by Peter Jackson, i'd have probably paid $250 for it.

And look at Teekee trying to recruit Whysnow into his club.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

jpolfer said:
I also think I'm a pretty nice guy,

Your not allowed to say this!

I said I could prove it too, in person. I'm far more cheeky online than in person - not the best personality trait. I'll keep it in check.

4 months later
#26 10 years ago

Just had a customer send this pic to me. Who ever bought that the signed translite, pinsiders get 10% discount off our frames.

Anyway, I would love to have one of those translites unsigned. If anyone wants to sell one let me know.

Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from usmcss:

Just had a customer send this pic to me. Who ever bought that the signed translite, pinsiders get 10% discount off our frames.
Anyway, I would love to have one of those translites unsigned. If anyone wants to sell one let me know.
Thanks!

image.jpg 644 KB

Hey that's mine! Love the frame, definitely recommended. It fit the translite perfectly and love the front-loading style. Easy to swap out others without removing the frame from the wall!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-translite-signed-by-dirty-donny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.