Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
metal-detector-guy.jpg
met03.jpg
met02.jpg
met01.jpg
met00.jpg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

If I bought Panzer's ACDC the circle would be complete

He'd prolly hide a small note in it somewhere that says WOZ rocks though so F that lol

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If I bought Panzer's ACDC the circle would be complete
He'd prolly hide a small note in it somewhere that says WOZ rocks though so F that lol

Lol! Either that or I would change one of the songs to "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead", haha.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did Panzer get it?
In all seriousness, I think that it would be really funny in a cool way if the two of you made a deal!

Yup Looking forward to getting the game. I'm going to miss my ACDC though...Can't keep them all I suppose with the price of these newer machines and lacking space in my basement. I have a really nice Twilight Zone I could sell instead but my wife and I like it too much to part with it.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Panzer bought it. Life can be fun

Did the purchase also come with the inside scoop on NuCore? j/k

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Did the purchase also come with the inside scoop on NuCore? j/k

Don and I both want it back out ASAP. There will be improvements. I wish I could say soon but something we have to solve is taking longer than we thought. There is progress, it's just a little slow right now. Don and I were discussing options on improvements last week.

#56 9 years ago

I paid $6800 shipped for my nib metle... Can't believe what premiums go for now.

#57 9 years ago

Congrats on your sale! At least I still have my $5700! LOL..

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I paid $6800 shipped for my nib metle... Can't believe what premiums go for now.

It's all relative. One could easily say that they can't believe that you paid $6800 for an LE. Stern LE's MSRP'd at $5495 just a few years ago.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

It's all relative. One could easily say that they can't believe that you paid $6800 for an LE. Stern LE's MSRP'd at $5495 just a few years ago.

but it's the same title.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And he got a killer deal based on all the prices I was quoted. I paid way more than that and I checked with all the typical sources day one. No one ever quoted me anywhere near $6800 shipped.

#61 9 years ago

Well, I decided to keep my ACDC Premium and sell my really nice TZ to a friend to help fund Metallica Premium. I'll miss my Twilight Zone but my buddy said I can come over whenever and play it so that helped with the decision. My wife and I enjoy ACDC too much to part with it yet.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Before anyone gives me crap for not playing it enough I work about 12 hour days =)

I don't envy you. I spend as little time at work as possible. Too much else to do...

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't envy you. I spend as little time at work as possible. Too much else to do...

It's hopefully a short means to a nice end.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Agreed

That's why I quit Citibank & work on alarms now

I made my scrilla, learned some ill shit & now I coast doing as little as possible

Quoted from chessiv:

I hope you're right sir, good luck

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm more curious on why the OP is getting rid of the best game on the planet?

Because it's not the best game o the planet.

Your welcome for solving that problem for you.

Ck

ps. I assume you own one and thus your opinion.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It is. I used to work my ass off. But the more I made, the more they took. Burn-out and health problems followed. Whatever money I had saved, the doctors took .
I eliminated all debt, and don't hire any kind of help. I do everything around the house myself. I am lucky to have a job the pays decent for part time work. I am much healthier and happier now.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is. I used to work my ass off. But the more I made, the more they took. Burn-out and health problems followed. Whatever money I had saved, the doctors took .
I eliminated all debt, and don't hire any kind of help. I do everything around the house myself. I am lucky to have a job the pays decent for part time work. I am much healthier and happier now.

I envy you. I'm a couple years away from that spot where I can flip burgers or stock shelves. I'm 52 now and by 55 should be able to shift into low gear.

ck

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

I'm a couple years away from that spot where I can flip burgers or stock shelves.

I got to the point where I didn't feel I could repair cars for 6 days a week 10 hours a day any more and still have any energy left during my time off. I was just about to the point of getting a pizza delivery job. But having a smog license in Ca. allowed me to get a job doing inspections only 3 or 4 days a week. I'm hoping that will last until social security kicks in in 10 years.

#69 9 years ago

You old bastards are lucky

I'm 35

No SS for me

Hey you California guys. I worked for Countrywide too, spent some time in the cosmopolitan area of Rosemead. Made STL look cool lol.

Thread officially derailed

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did Panzer get it?
In all seriousness, I think that it would be really funny in a cool way if the two of you made a deal!

Kinda like me owning your old IM. I'm pretty certain we could find a way to enjoy ourselves without arguing given the opportunity.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm 35

No SS for me

I'm not holding my breath. They say that well might be pretty dried up even by the time I get there. But they have always figured out a way to generate more money when needed. If not, you may see me driving the fire truck up and down main street at Disneyland some day.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm 35
No SS for me

And probably none in the future for you either. With the way our country gives away and blows away trillions of dollars, SS will be gone by 2028. Ughhh. I'm sure they'll do something to keep us going. Maybe borrow another trillion off the Asians (since they buy most of our debt as it is anyway) to fund it. BUT...I digress.

Just wanted to say Congrats on the sale Chuck and on the buy Panzer. Enjoy!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I understand what you went through. High-stress, high-reward jobs certainly take a toll. I'm getting a little old for that environment and luckily this is a sprint with a finish line that rewards based on effort put in. The finish line is less than a year away and no matter what I'll take some time off once I cross and then hopefully settle down past that. Certainly a very interesting opportunity that very few people would ever receive. But yeah, it does take it's toll.

#75 9 years ago

Like Clint said " A man's got to know his limitations"
Congrats on the sale!

#76 9 years ago

dude... that sounds like a great gig. working @ d-land in the retirement years. sounds great, esp if you can do it like that guy maynard does (the dude over at the tiki room and haunted mansion).

that guy is hilarious!

Quoted from o-din:

I'm not holding my breath. They say that well might be pretty dried up even by the time I get there. But they have always figured out a way to generate more money when needed. If not, you may see me driving the fire truck up and down main street at Disneyland some day.

#77 9 years ago

This is me when I retire

#78 9 years ago

Here's my retirement plan.
metal-detector-guy.jpgmetal-detector-guy.jpg

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Kinda like me owning your old IM. I'm pretty certain we could find a way to enjoy ourselves without arguing given the opportunity.

Yep. I actually have little doubt about that.

#80 9 years ago

Buyer backed out. Still available.

#81 9 years ago

I ended up backing out. Please don't hate me guys. I don't like backing out of things like this but I hope everyone understands. Here's part of what I sent to Chessiv.

"You are going to hate me. Well, after talking it over with my wife I decided to hold off selling TZ so I can get Metallica. I can't afford another pin right now unless I sold one of my current ones at this point. She said it was the machine that got her into pinball and the first one that we played together when she met me...I didn't realize it meant so much her. That means no Metallica for now. I'm sorry for going back and forth. I typically do go through with any transaction I've commited to so I feel bad backing out with this one. I'm sorry. I hope we can still have that drink sometime. Its on me."

I do want to hang onto ACDC for now. I hope someone does get this Metallica quick as its pretty much new. I hope I can get one down the road someday.

#82 9 years ago

Shit happens. No big deal in the grand scheme of things.

#83 9 years ago

I honestly wouldn't mind getting a Dirty Donny and giving Met another try. It is the best looking out of all of them IMO, including the LE I once owned. All the colors and artwork match. On the LE, the cabinet and backglass were very nice, but didn't go very well with the playfield in my eyes. The DD is the complete package. But I too would have to sell something to make it happen.

GLWS!

#84 9 years ago

I WANT THIS GAME!!!! Someone, anyone going to the North East that could help transport this???

#85 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#86 9 years ago

Still available?

#87 9 years ago

The game has been sold.

2 weeks later
#88 9 years ago

Great game, great condition. When I'm not at the beach, I'm lovin it! Thanks very much!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-premium-huo-low-plays-6100/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.